Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-12-25-Saitama Pro] Survival Tobita vs Brain & Disaster

GSR

If you’ve never seen Saitama Pro before then there is no ring, just a mat on the floor with a couple of rows of fans sat on each side. I suppose this is considered a handicap match as Brain & Disaster are two men, although a handicap match like no other as Brain is sat on Disaster’s shoulders. The two are also holding rods or batons of some description. Disaster shoves Tobita to the floor, but he loses his balance at the same time and Brain slips from his shoulders. Tobita gets in a few shots on Brain, despite his efforts to hide behind the back of Disaster, and then takes off around the building with Tobita in pursuit. He bodyslams Brain on the carpet before returning to Disaster. Tobita punches him in the head but that has no effect because he’s wearing what looks like a welder’s mask. Disaster with a headbutt, he then picks Brain up and has him in a piggyback. Tobita lands a blow on Brain and they fall over again. Somehow he manages to get back on Disaster’s shoulders and that receives the loudest reaction of anything we’ve seen so far! Tobita lifts up the ring they’re ‘wrestling’ on, pulls out one of the mats and charges at B&D...who fall over yet again! Electric chair on Brain, Tobita then applies a headscissors choke on Disaster and he taps out. Tobita proceeds to hold court chatting to the fans for a further five minutes or so, while Disaster sells that choke and remains laid out on the mat. After he eventually leaves, some of the seconds carry Disaster to the back.

I was sorting out some stuff from December and saw this match title, which intrigued me, so decided to give it a watch even though it is outside my original perimeters. I really don’t know what to make of it; it was different though, I’ll give it that! Every chance I’ll dig out some of the earlier Tobita matches at various points through out the project just for a break from the norm.

• 2 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-12-25-Saitama Pro] Survival Tobita vs Brain & Disaster