Pro Wrestling Only

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling April 86

spaldoni

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 4-5-86

The show opens with Jim Crockett sitting in his office

Jim: Hello to all the fans in Mid Atlantic. I must make the announcement that Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson have left Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling after failed negotiations. The Crockett's wish them the best of luck but as the saying goes, the show must go on and we feel that we will continue to give our great fans the best in ring action, the NWA and Mid Atlantic have to offer. On that note, the United States title is now vacant. To fill that vacancy, we have decided to hold 2 battle royals, one this weekend in Norfolk VA and the other next weekend in Greenville SC. The winners of each battle royal will meet at the Clash of Champions, Spring Spectacular on April 20th at the Philadelphia Civic Center. Mid Atlantic is looking forward to the 2 day Spring Spectacular event. The Baltimore Civic Center will host part 1 on April 19th and as mentioned the Philadelphia Civic Center will host part 2 on April 20th. In Baltimore, NWA world champ, Rick Martel has signed to defend the title. On tonight's program Television Champion Tom Prichard will face Terry Taylor and the winner will face Rick Martel for the world title. We know that the great Mid Atlantic fans will help make this event a huge success. Thank you for your support.

Live in the Studio

Schiavone: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic championship wrestling. Unfortunately David Crockett is away on business today and will not be by my side. Well, you heard the announcement, today's main event will be TV Champ Tom Prichard taking on Terry Taylor and the winner will face Rick Martel for the NWA world title on April 19th at the Spring Spectacular.

The fans boo as JJ Dillon walks out to the podium.

Schiavone: JJ, I'm actually surprised to see you out here today.

JJ: Tony Schiavone, it was inevitable this was going to happen. The NWA and Bob Geigel had it in for the Horsemen from the start. I hope they're happy with themselves. Now, as for me, don't you worry, I adjust and I adapt. Right now I would like to address one Ole Anderson. After Ole's shoulders were pinned in Greensboro and the Road Warriors walked out with the titles, everybody saw what that ungrateful, bitter and selfish man did. He punched me out! Ole Anderson, you were always the weak link of the 4 Horsemen. That was proved in Greensboro. Ole, you are way past your prime and need to be in a retirement home. I said that a long time ago, but the other guys took pity on you. I went along with it because I knew they would be able to carry you and let me tell you, their backs got sore from doing that. So, after everything I did for Ole, all my loyalty, all the beatings I took for him, he thanks me with a punch. Ole, you my friend are going to pay dearly for that and I'm going to take personal satisfaction in seeing you suffer.

Ole Anderson walks out....to some cheers????

Ole: You just stand there and keep your mouth shut, you no talent leech. Let me tell you something Dillon, I've been knocking guys like you out for 2 decades and I'm really close to knocking you out right now.

JJ: Typical Ole. You know Ole, you're not just a bully but you're a downright loser!

Ole grabs JJ by his collar and starts shaking him back and forth. All of a sudden, Ole is nailed from behind by King Kong Bundy!!!!! Bundy grabs Ole and throws him into the ring. Bundy body slams Ole then picks him up and swings him into the turnbuckles and charges in for a corner splash! Ole staggers forward and drops. Bundy drags him to the center of the ring, swings back off the ropes and hits a Splash! Officials come out to help Ole. JJ leads Bundy to the podium.

JJ: (Smiling and straightening his collars) Tony Schiavone, remember, I adjust, I adapt. I would like to introduce you to my newest client, King Kong Bundy.

Bundy stands in front of the camera with his hands on his hips, sporting a menacing look.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Fans, I don't know what to say. Ole was taken to the Hospital. Wow, King Kong Bundy aligning himself with JJ Dillon can only be destruction. Fans, lets go to the ring.

Polynesian Power (Selinga and Sakalia) vs. Jason Jones and Carl Hillman

The fans seem to have taken a liking to Polynesian Power as they swing Jones to the ropes and nail him with a double super kick. Sakalia hoists Jones up and drops him with the Samoan Drop, Tui fly's off the top rope and crashes down with a flying elbow drop to get the pin!

Schiavone: Great win for Polynesian Power. Ok fans, you all heard the news about the upcoming battle royals, with the winners facing off on April 20 in Philly to determine the new US Champ. Battle Royal 1 takes place this Saturday Night in Norfolk. Be there! Now, please welcome out Mark Youngblood. Mark, it seems you have had some issues with the Cobra and the Assassins.

Mark: Tony, you saw what the Cobra did to my brother and until I get proper payback, this isn't over. I cant get payback because the Assassins keep interfering. Well, the last time they tried that, the one and only Mil Mascaras saved the day. It seems Mil wanted some payback on the Assassins. Well, since we both want the same thing, on April 19th in Baltimore, I'm going to team with Mil and we are going to take on the Assassins! Assassins, you better gear up for a fight and Cobra when we take care of them, you're next!

Commercial Break

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. Tim Straw

Idol swings Straw to the ropes and knocks him down with a back elbow smash. Idol grabs Straw's leg then drops an elbow. Idol clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock (Figure Four) and gets the submission victory! Idol heads to the podium.

Idol: Tony, I'm in the battle royal baby, because the toast of the coast is here to win gold, daddy!

Idol gives the camera a right arm bicep pose and wink.

Schiavone: The Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol, back to the ring.

Caspian Empire vs. Dave Penson and Gary Williams

Sheik hits a gut wrench suplex on Williams then tags in Smirnoff. Smirnoff hits a back breaker then rolls Williams over, gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops a knee to the back and tags in Sheik. Sheik applies the Camel Clutch and gets the submission victory! They head to the podium.

Smirnoff: We proved why we are the most dominant team in the NWA! Nobody can stop us! We saw that Polynesian Power earlier and if they think they will rise the ranks, think again because we will put an end to that!

Sheik: That's right! Polynesian Power (spits) you're just like these stupid Americans, you have no class and we will send you back to where you came from! Caspian Empire number one!

Commercial Break

"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant vs. Johnny Rich w/Paul Jones

These two have been going at it lately and today is no different. They exchange blows and Rich stops it with an eye rake and kick. Rich suplexes Valiant back and follows with an elbow drop but Valiant kicks out. Valiant gets his dancing going and bites the forehead of Rich then body slams him. Valiant gets the crowd fired up. He picks Rich up for a suplex but Jones hits Valiant's knee with the cane! The Ref didn't see it and counts 1..2..3! The fans boo as Jones raises Rich's arm in victory.

Schiavone: Another cheap win courtesy of Paul Jones's cane. Fans with me right now is Sweet Brown Sugar Skip Young. Skip, I understand your partner Norvell Austin is gone.

Sugar: That's right Tony, Norvell has left Mid Atlantic so the Soul Patrol is no longer a team. But Sweet Brown Sugar is standing right here and I'm ready to climb the single's ladder. I'm here to say I'm gunning for the US title in the battle royal and I'm making the most of that opportunity brother!

Commercial Break

Jimmy Valiant limps out to the podium.

Valiant: You just cant help yourself, can you Paul Jones! Real tough guy with that cane, aren't you! (Smiles) I've got a big smile because my voice was heard and a wish was granted. Because of your constant interfering, at the Spring Spectacular, it will be me and Paul Jones, one on one Jack!

The fans roar.

Schiavone: (Laughing) Oh my! I wish I could see the look on Paul's face right now. Fans back to the ring.

Rocky Johnson and "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. Roger Murphy and Lou Simms

Johnson has the crowd cheering as he fires away on Simms, then swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Cooley comes in and hip tosses Simms to his corner. Murphy comes in and is dropkicked into the turnbuckles. Murphy staggers forward, Cooley picks him up and runs with him then drops him with the Oklahoma Stampede. Cooley tags in Johnson. Johnson swings off the ropes and lands a jumping elbow drop for the pin!

Schiavone: Great win for the team of Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley as they climb the tag team ranks.

The fans boo as The Stud Stable walk out wearing glitter robes with feathered collars.

Golden: Nobody wants to hear about a couple bottom feeders like Johnson and Cooley!

Fuller: Jimmy is right, now Tony Schiavone, you know as well as I do, everybody wants to hear from the United States Tag Team Champions, the Stud Stable. You like our new robes? You see, we've been champions for quite some time and when your champs, well your making a whole lot of money.

Golden: (laughing) A lot of money!

Fuller: So we thought we would spend some of our hard earned money and treat ourselves to these nice robes here. Now lets talk business. This young hot shot team, I believe they call themselves, Hot Property has earned themselves a title shot against us at the Spring Spectacular. Well boys, I'm afraid you don't have a chance because, well, you're just not on the same level as the Stud Stable.

Commercial Break

Jim Davidson is waiting in the ring when he's nailed from behind by Tiger Jeet Singh!

Schiavone: Oh no, not again!

Singh pummels away on Davidson then starts hitting him with the sword until he busts him open. Officials and wrestlers run in to stop him. Singh swings his sword around like a madman!

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Trainers are attending to Jim Davidson in the back. Fans, with me right now is Tiger Jeet Singh. Mr. Singh, your despicable actions have been noticed. I've been informed that you will not be allowed to participate in the US title battle royals. You will also be severely fined for your actions. One more thing, it seems like you want a fight, so that has been arranged. On April 19th at the Spring Spectacular in Baltimore, you will have a match and you will be facing a man you know well, Antonio Inoki!

Singh: (Pauses) Is that suppose to intimidate me? If there is one man I hate more than anybody in this world it is Antonio Inoki! For the last 10 years I have beaten that man senseless and now you want me to fight him here, in this country. The blood of Antonio Inoki will be on your hands!

Schiavone: Fans, I have witnessed some of their matches and I'm afraid there will be blood in that one. Fans, lets go to the ring as Hacksaw Jim Duggan makes his way out.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Lloyd London

The fans are on their feet as Duggan swings London to the ropes and shoulder tackles him to the ground. Duggan backs up and gets in his 3 point stance. London staggers up and Duggan charges in and puts him down with the clothesline to get the pin! Duggan goes to the podium.

Duggan: Hacksaw Duggan is fighting in the battle royal and after I win that I'm taking that US strap! I told you I'm here to fight the best and what fight is better than a battle royal.

Duggan leaves and American Made walk in.

Kirchner: Tony, we're out here to say American Made has been on a roll and no doubt we are the team to beat!

Kernodle: Hey the bottom line is we want a shot at the US tag titles and we will achieve that by any means necessary! And I mean by any means!

Kirchner: I think what Don is trying to say is we have proven that we should be in line for a title shot and that we deserve it.

Kernodle: Look Kirch, we go back a long way and I came here to team with you because we are proven winners. Damn right we deserve a title shot, the question is, why have we been overlooked? I mean we can beat Hot Property, why are they ahead of us?

Kirchner: Don, I know you're fired up and I like that. Be patient buddy, we'll get our shot.

Kernodle: Ok, Ok, but Kirch, I'm just about out of patience.

Kirchner pats him on the shoulder and says something, then they walk out together.

Commercial Break

Blackjack Mulligan vs. Ken Jenkins

Mulligan swings Jenkins to the ropes and hits a flying back elbow smash. Mulligan drops a couple knees on Jenkins's head then clamps on the claw! Mulligan wrenches it on and gets the submission win!

Mulligan cuts a promo on Jimmy Snuka and says he doesn't care how hard his head is, he wont be able to withstand the claw!

After Mulligan leaves, Tony St. Clair comes out to the podium.

Schiavone: Tony, you have something to say in regards to Billy Robinson.

St. Clair: Well, Billy once again gets by the rules and beats me again with the help of a chair. Billy! Enough is enough! At the Spring Spectacular, it will be you and me in a No Disqualification Match! You want to bend the rules? Well that's fine because in this match I can bend all the rules I want and believe me, I'm going to relish this match.

Commercial Break

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff vs. Louis Campos

Orndorff dives off the turnbuckles and hits Campos with a forearm drop. Orndorff swings Campos to the ropes and hits a diving knee. The crowd goes crazy as Orndorff makes the signal then picks Campos up and crashes him down with the piledriver! Orndorff counts along with the Ref 1..2..3! Orndorff heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Outstanding win Mr. Wonderful. I've been informed that the match is signed for the Spring Spectacular. You will be facing Harley Race for the Mid Atlantic title. However that might change because both you and Harley will be involved in the US title battle royals.

Orndorff: You know Tony, it just doesn't feel right that Mr. Wonderful isn't carrying around some gold. Well, now I get a shot at some serious gold. I'm here to be on top and the top is where I'm going to be. Harley Race, you put me down with your version of the piledriver, but you didn't put me out. I guarantee, my piledriver will put you down and out!

Schiavone: Strong words from Mr. Wonderful, fans you wont want to miss these battle royals. When we come back, Prichard versus Taylor with a NWA World title shot at stake.

Commercial Break

Winner receives a NWA World Title match on April 19th

Non Title Match

TV Champ "Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle vs. Terry Taylor

Riddle is pointing and yelling at Taylor while Prichard is holding up his TV title. The bell rings and Taylor starts out with fire. Taylor body slams Prichard then body slams him again. Riddle gets on the apron and Taylor goes to swing at him but Riddle jumps down in a hurry. Taylor drop kicks Prichard into the turnbuckles. Prichard staggers forward and Taylor hits the Jaw Breaker and covers 1..2..NO! Prichard gets his foot on the rope. Taylor continues to control until he swings Prichard to the ropes and attempts a drop kick but Prichard holds on to the ropes and Taylor crashes down. Prichard regroups and stomps away on Taylor then drops a jumping knee. Prichard hits a vertical suplex and follows with an elbow drop and cover 1..2..Taylor kicks out. Prichard waits for Taylor to rise then connects with a super kick. Prichard takes Taylor to the turnbuckles and hoists him up. Prichard hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and executes a superplex! Riddle is jumping up and down as Prichard covers 1..2..NO! Taylor barley gets his shoulder up. Riddle is up on the apron yelling at the Ref. Prichard joins in as both men are holding up 3 fingers and yelling. Taylor grabs the ropes and staggers up. Prichard and Riddle are still berating the Ref. Taylor runs up from behind, grabs Prichard, pushes him into Riddle (sending him flying off the apron) and rolls him up 1..2..3!!!! The bell rings and the crowd goes nuts! Taylor is on his knees as the Ref raises his arm. Prichard hits Taylor from behind then back suplexes him. The Fabulous Blondes run in and join in on the beating. Prichard and the Blondes continue to stomp away until Austin Idol and Hot Property run in. Idol hits Prichard from behind then throws him out of the ring by Riddle. Hot Property double drop kick the Blondes out of the ring. Idol attends to Taylor as the crowd cheers.

Schiavone: Oh my! Thank goodness Austin Idol and Hot Property came out. Well fans, on April 19th in Baltimore at Part 1 of the Spring Spectacular, Rick Martel will defend the NWA World Title against Terry Taylor. That will be one heck of an event. Fans in Norfolk, this Saturday night, the first battle royal will take place to help determine a new United States Champion. Fans, you wont want to miss these events. We'll see you next week.

Clash of Champions: Spring Spectacular- April 19th and 20th in Baltimore and Philadelphia

NWA World Title Bout

Rick Martel © vs. Terry Taylor

United States Title Bout

Winner of Battle Royal 1 vs. Winner of Battle Royal 2

US Tag Team Title Bout

Stud Stable © vs. Hot Property

Mid Atlantic Title Bout

Harley Race © vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

Mil Mascaras/Mark Youngblood vs. The Assassins w/The Assassin

Antonio Inoki vs. Tiger Jeet Singh

NO DQ

Tony St. Clair vs. Billy Robinson

"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant vs. Paul Jones

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs. Blackjack Mulligan

More matches to be announced

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how you (and Jim Crockett) handled the announcement of the Four Horsemen's departure. Classy and straightforward.

The JJ Dillon angle was very well done as well, killing two birds with one stone: Starting a face turn for Ole and introducing the new monster.

"Caspian Empire number one!" :lol:

With guys like Sheik, Idol, Bundy, Boogie Woogie, and so on you've got so many colourful larger than life characters on the roster right now.

Hot Property are kind of like a fresh version of the Rock n Roll Express. Who will be their Midnight Express, Studd Stable or the Fabulous Blondes?

Spring Spectacular is looking really good!

Great job on coming out of the Horsemen departure looking strong, great angle with JJ/Ole and the perfect way to bring in Bundy which shoots him straight to the top and keeps JJ as the top manager in Mid Atlantic.

I really like the concept of having two battle royal winners face off for the US title, great stuff and plenty of opportunity to lay out future angles in that scenario.

Nice touch with Jim Crockett at his desk explaining the 4 Horseman.

Great opening and spot on promos with Ole, JJ and Bundy.

Interested in Polynesian Power vs Smirnoff and Sheik. Could this be the rise of Polynesian Power or the beginning of a mid-level feud or are they the JTTS in the MACW tag division. So many choices.

MACW @ The Scope in Norfolk VA - 4-5-86

Sweet Brown Sugar vs. Chick Donovan

Donovan gets control early with an eye rake, kick to the mid section and body slam. Sugar makes a great comeback with hip tosses and head scissors. Sugar swings Donovan to the ropes and hits a high knee. Sugar goes to the top turnbuckle. Donovan staggers up and Sugar connects with a missile drop kick to get the pin!

American Made vs. The Devil's Duo w/Paul Jones

American Made starts off strong as they take it to the Duo. Kernodle hits a back elbow off the ropes on Sword then tags in Kirchner who follows with a standing leg drop and cover but Vines drops a knee to break the count. Kernodle runs in and blasts Vines back to his corner with a forearm blast. Sword hits a low blow on Kirchner and the Duo take control. Sword swings Kirchner into the turnbuckles and stomps away as Vines chokes away on Kirchner. Sword tags in Vines and they put the boots to Kirchner in the corner. Kernodle runs over and pounds away on the Duo. The Ref sends Kernodle back to his corner as the Duo double slam Kirchner. Vines hits a backbreaker on Kirchner and Sword jumps off the top rope with a boot to the gut. Sword covers 1..2..No! Kernodle runs in and drops an elbow. Vines and Kernodle start brawling, the ref gets tangled up with them and an elbow knocks him down. Jones gets up on the apron and tosses the cane to Sword. Kernodle clotheslines Vines over the top rope then hits Sword from behind. Kernodle grabs the cane and blasts Sword with it! Kernodle puts Kirchner on top of him and drags the ref over 1....2.....3! Kernodle is pumping his fist and jumping up and down then helps Kirchner up.

"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant vs. Randy Rose

Randy Rose makes his MACW debut here and wastes no time in jumping Valiant from behind as the bell rings. Rose hammers away on Valiant then stomps down on him. Rose grabs the ropes and chokes Valiant with his boot. Rose holds on to the ropes and drops several knees on Valiant. Rose swings Valiant to the ropes and ducks down for a body drop but Valiant kicks him. The crowd cheers as Valiant starts dancing. Rose gets up and Valiant dances and punches him. Valiant swings Rose to the ropes and back drops him then follows with a jumping elbow drop and cover 1..2..NO! Johnny Rich runs in and attacks Valiant. The fans boo as the bell is ringing. Rich stomps away on Valiant. Rose staggers up and joins in on the beat down. They swing Valiant to the ropes and knock him down with a double back elbow smash. Rich and Rose go to opposite corners and hop up on the 2nd turnbuckles. Rose hits a flying fist drop followed by a flying fist drop from Rich. The fans boo and throw trash at them as they exit the ring.

Non Title Match

US Tag Champs The Stud Stable vs. The Kiniski Brothers

The Stud Stable come out sporting their new glitter robes but same arrogant attitudes. The Kiniski's know a win here would sky rocket them to contention. Kiniski's frustrate the Stable early with arm drags, drop kicks, hip tosses and back drops. Kelly has Golden up for a vertical suplex but Fuller runs in and clips Kelly's knees. Stable take control as they swing Kelly to the ropes, kick him in the mid section then take him over with a double suplex. Nick tries to run in but the Stable nail him with a double boots to the face. Golden executes a hangman's neckbreaker on Kelly then tags in Fuller. Fuller jumps off the 2nd turnbuckle and crashes down with a knee drop. Fuller tags in Golden, who climbs up on the top turnbuckle. Fuller holds Kelly up as Golden hits Kelly with a flying knock out fist to get the pin!

Bob Backlund vs. Johnny Rich w/Paul Jones

Of course Rich gets a ton of boos as he enters the ring with Paul Jones. The bell rings and Rich charges Backlund. Backlund back drops him then follows with a body slam and knee drop. Backlund covers but Jones gets up on the apron and is yelling at Backlund. Backlund walks over and Jones jumps down in a hurry. Rich levels Backlund from behind and stomps away. Rich slams Backlund then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops an elbow. Rich covers but Backlund kicks out. Rich swings Backlund to the ropes but Backlund comes back with a shoulder block, sending Rich down. Backlund suplexes Rich back. Jones once again gets up on the apron. Backlund lifts Rich up and atomic drops him into Jones. Jones fly's off the apron as Backlund rolls Rich up 1..2..3! The fans go nuts!

Pedro Morales and Polynesian Power vs. The Caspian Empire and Tiger Jeet Singh

This one just starts off with chaos as Singh swings his sword around like a madman. The ref is trying to get things in order. Sheik and Smirnoff are yelling insults at Tui and Sakalia. Polynesian Power charge the Empire and fists are flying. Morales hits Singh from behind, the sword falls and the Ref kicks it out of the ring and signals for the bell. Everybody is going at it and the Ref is letting it go. Polynesian Power and Morales swing the Empire and Singh to the ropes and hit a triple back body drop as the fans are going crazy. Tui and Selinga connect with super kicks, sending the Empire to the outside. The Ref gets control as Morales hammers away on Singh. Morales hits a Caribbean knee lift, sending Singh flying back to his corner. He tags in Sheik. Sheik charges in but Morales body slams him then tags in Tui. Tui pounds away on Sheik, swings him to the ropes and nails him with a running forearm smash. Sheik frantically rolls around then tags in Smirnoff. Smirnoff runs in but is hip tossed by Tui , Tui follows with a drop kick then tags in Sakalia. Sakalia drops a series of elbows and follows with a standing leg drop and cover but Singh runs in and stomps Sakalia to break the count. This brings in everybody and another brawl starts. The Ref finally gets control as Singh hits Sakalia from behind then rams his head into the turnbuckle. Smirnoff hits Sakalia with a high knee and tags in Singh. Singh just stomps away on Sakalia in the corner then chokes him with his boot. Sheik is tagged in and he continues with the stomping. Sheik body slams Sakalia and tags in Smirnoff, who dives off the top rope with a knee drop. Smirnoff covers 1..2..No! Tui with the save. Of course everybody runs in again and another brawl happens. When the ref gets control, Sakalia is able to make the tag to Morales. Morales comes in like a ball of fire and punches away on Smirnoff. Sheik runs in and gets knocked down. Singh runs in and gets knocked down. Morales grabs Smirnoff as Tui sticks his boot out. Morales rams Smirnoff's head into the boot and tags in Tui. Tui swings Smirnoff to the ropes and back drops him then follows with a drop kick and cover but Sheik breaks it with a boot to the head. Tui tags in Morales. Morales body slams Smirnoff, swings off the ropes and hits a senton and covers 1..2..No, Singh with a knee. Everybody starts brawling. Polynesian Power double drop kick Singh out of the ring. Sakalia hits the Samoan Drop on Smirnoff and Tui fly's off the top rope with an elbow drop. The ref is trying to get everybody back to their corners. In all the chaos, Singh gets his sword, runs in the ring and nails Morales with it! Morales goes down. Singh drags Smirnoff to his corner. The Ref turns around as Singh tags himself in. Singh picks up a deadweight Morales and hits the Argentine backbreaker rack drop to get the 1..2..3!

TV Title Bout

"The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Riddle and Prichard are telling Duggan to back up and that the match will start when the champ is ready. After a couple minutes of this Duggan stomps his way over, grabs their heads and knocks them together. Duggan grabs Riddle and throws him through the ropes. Duggan punches Prichard, swings him to the ropes and knocks him down with a shoulder tackle. Duggan picks up Prichard, runs around with him and hits the power slam. Duggan covers 1..2..Prichard gets a foot on the rope. Duggan gets up as Prichard rolls out of the ring. Prichard wobbles around then grabs his title, helps Riddle up and starts walking away. The Ref starts the count as the fans boo. Duggan rolls out of the ring and grabs Prichard by his hair and pushes Riddle down. The Ref counts to 10 as Duggan rolls Prichard back into the ring. The bell rings. The Ref talks to the announcer. The fans boo loud as the announcer announces that Hacksaw Duggan has been counted out! Prichard runs out of the ring, grabs Riddle and heads to the back as the fans continue to boo.

Battle Royal- Winner will wrestle for the US title on April 20th

Participants- Hacksaw Duggan, Tom Prichard, Bob Backlund, Johnny Rich, Randy Rose, Polynesian Power, Stud Stable, Caspian Empire, American Made, Devil's Duo, Sweet Brown Sugar, Chick Donovan, Kiniski Brothers.

Tiger Jeet Singh is not allowed to participate. Pedro Morales and Jimmy Valiant cannot compete due to injuries from earlier tonight. Rock Riddle is also to disoriented to be out here with Tom Prichard.

As announced the winner of this battle royal will face the winner of the Greenville SC battle royal at the Spring Spectacular on April 20th.

The bell rings and the fists start flying. Duggan goes right after Prichard. Polynesian Power and Caspian Empire are trading blows. Johnny Rich and Randy Rose are double teaming Backlund. Stud Stable are doing the same to Sweet Brown Sugar. Donovan, the Kiniski's and Devil's Duo are bunched up. American Made come up from behind and push the Devil's Duo over the ropes and out of the ring. Paul Jones is on the outside and isn't to happy with the Devil's Duo being eliminated early. Donovan hits Duggan from behind to help Prichard. Duggan punches Donovan, picks him up and tosses him over the top rope. The Stud Stable hit the Kiniski's from behind, then grab them by their hair and hurl them over the top rope. They're looking down and laughing when Sweet Brown Sugar drop kicks Jimmy Golden over the top rope. Sugar goes after Fuller but Prichard clotheslines Sugar from behind, sending him over the top. Rich and Rose have Backlund on the ropes, they back up but Duggan grabs Rose by the hair and hurls him over the top rope. Rich charges Backlund but Backlund back drops Rich over the top rope. The fans cheer as Jimmy Valiant heads down the aisle, punches Paul Jones, then kicks away on Rich. Rose comes up from behind and hits Valiant. Rose and Rich grab Valiant and ram him into the steel post. Back in the ring Caspian Empire have Polynesian Power down. American Made start going at it with the Empire. Backlund and Fuller are exchanging blows. Prichard is choking Duggan in the corner. Caspian Empire have American Made on the ropes and are trying to push them over but Polynesian Power come from behind and eliminate the Caspian Empire. Caspian Empire are livid and are yelling up at Polynesian Power. Kernodle grabs Sakalia from behind and hurls him over the top rope. Caspian Empire start stomping away on Sakalia. Tui sees this, jumps over the top rope with a flying press on the Empire, eliminating himself. Kernodle helps Kirchner up. Fuller comes running over, Kernodle ducks down and Fuller sends Kirchner over the top rope with a clothesline. Kirchner is wobbling and looking up at Kernodle, wondering what happened. Kernodle is waving his arms and trying to explain when Prichard comes from behind and hurls him over the top rope. Kernodle is in shock and is holding his head while asking Kirchner what he was doing. The two argue but patch things up quick and leave together. It's now down to Duggan, Fuller, Backlund and Prichard. Prichard and Fuller double clothesline Duggan, then head to Backlund. Backlund fires away on both men. He picks up Fuller and atomic drops him into Prichard. Backlund suplexes Fuller back. Backlund picks up Fuller and is going to hurl him over but Prichard hits Backlund with a running knee. Fuller and Prichard grab Backlund and hurl him over the top rope. They smile and converse then shake hands. They turn around and Duggan nails them both with a spear! The crowd goes crazy as Duggan grabs Fuller by his hair, runs across the ring with him and tosses him over the top rope. Duggan gets in a 3 point stance. Prichard staggers up against the ropes. Duggan charges and nails Prichard with a running clothesline, sending him over the top rope! Hacksaw Jim Duggan wins!!!!! The fans go nuts as Hacksaw Jim Duggan will wrestle for the US title on April 20th.

I love all the different heelish ways the bad guys win their matches here.

Great booking with the battle royal furthering several storylines (Boogie Woogie vs Paul Jones, friction in American Made, and so on) and with Duggan getting the big win after being screwed out of victory earlier. That's some nice story telling.

I'm not sure Pritchard wants both Duggan and Taylor angry with him. The way Pritchard backs into the win to keep his title seems right on. American Made is still having issues in both of their matches. And that 6 man tag would have been insane.

MACW @ The Memorial Hall in Kansas City KS 4-6-86

Joe Savoldi w/Billy Travis vs. Pat Rose

Savoldi is in singles action tonight as he wants to get tuned up for the Light Heavyweight Tournament in Puerto Rico next week. Travis is out here supporting his patner. Savoldi takes Rose over with a couple hip tosses then drop kicks him down. Rose comes back with some hard hitting offense. He swings Savoldi into the turnbuckles and charges in but Savoldi moves. Savoldi hits a belly to back suplex, then goes to the top turnbuckles. Savoldi hits a sunset flip off the top for the pin!

King Kong Bundy w/JJ Dillon vs. "Cowboy" Scott Casey

Bundy gets quite a reaction as JJ leads him to the ring. The bell rings and Casey swings off the ropes and charges at Bundy but Bundy puts him down with a shoulder block. Bundy scoops up Casey and slams him down then follows with a big elbow drop. Bundy picks up Casey and swings him hard into the turnbuckles and follows with a running splash in the corner! Casey just falls forward and down. JJ is telling Bundy to finish him. Bundy drags Casey to the center of the ring, swings back off the ropes and hits the Splash for the pin! JJ goes in (big smile) and raises Bundy's arm. Looks like JJ and Bundy just made a huge statement in MACW.

Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley vs. The Assassins w/The Assassin

Fun hard hitting tag match as both teams go toe to toe. Assassin 1 swings Johnson to the ropes misses a clothesline attempt and Johnson swings back and takes Assassin 1 down with a clothesline. Johnson tags in Cooley, they swing Assassin 1 to the ropes and double back drop him. Assassin 2 runs in and also gets a double back drop. Assassin gets up on the apron, Johnson and Cooley run over but Assassin gets down in a hurry. The Ref is guiding Johnson to his corner, Cooley picks up Assassin 1 but Assassin 2 clubs him from behind. Assassin 1 body slams Cooley then tags in Assassin 2. Assassin 1 holds Cooley as Assassin 2 jumps off the ropes with a forearm drop to the head. Assassins take control with double teaming in the corner. Johnson runs over but the ref guides him back, meanwhile the Assassins hit a double stomach breaker on Cooley. The Ref runs over and counts 1..2..No! Johnson drops an elbow to break the count. Assassin 2 runs in and starts fighting with Johnson. The Ref pushes Assassin 2 to his corner. Johnson body slams Assassin 1 then goes back to his corner. Cooley is able to roll over and make the tag. Johnson swings Assassin 1 to the ropes and hits a high drop kick. Assassin 2 runs in and gets a high drop kick. Johnson hits a back breaker on Assassin 1 and rolls him over in the Boston Crab! The Ref is asking Assassin 1 if he wants to submit, when Assassin 2 hits Johnson with a boot to the head. Cooley runs in and hits Assassin 2 with a forearm blast. Cooley and Assassin 2 are brawling as the Ref is trying to break them up. The Assassin runs around the ring and hands Assassin 1 a foreign object. Assassin 1 puts it in his mask. Johnson gets up and Assassin 1 head-butts him, busting Johnson's head open. Assassin 1 covers, the Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! The fans boo as the Assassins roll out of the ring and exit. Cooley runs over to check on Johnson, who's head is bleeding profusely.

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. "The Great One" David Sammartino

David just cant seem to learn from his mistakes as he continues to argue with the booing fans. Idol is getting a kick out of this as the fans taunt David. The bell rings and David is still yelling at the fans. Idol walks over and gets David's attention. Idol gives the crowd a right arm bicep pose and wink and they cheer him on. This infuriates David and he tries to kick Idol low but Idol grabs his foot, swings him around and Atomic drops him over the top rope as the crowd goes nuts. After falling around on the outside and insulting the fans, David gets up on the apron and eye rakes Idol. David hammers away on Idol and rakes his face across the top rope. David body slams Idol then chokes him with his boot. David stomps away on Idol's back, picks him up and swings him into the turnbuckles. Idol staggers forward and David clamps on the bearhug. David is wrenching it on hard. Idol is fighting it. The crowd is cheering Idol on. Idol breaks the hold with a few hard punches. Idol swings off the ropes and knocks David down with a hard right hand. Idol swings back off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop. Idol picks up David but David gouges the eyes and swings Idol into the turnbuckles. David tells the crowd how smart he is then charges in with a flying knee but Idol moves and David's knee hits the turnbuckles hard. Idol hits a back suplex, then grabs David's leg and drops an elbow down on the hurt knee. Idol spins his finger then wraps David up in the Las Vegas Leglock! Idol cranks it up, David screams and bobs his head up and down, the Ref rings the bell and Idol gets the submission victory!

Terry Taylor and Billy Travis w/Joe Savoldi vs. The Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

Taylor was more than happy to team with Travis tonight as both him and Hot Property have issues with Rock Riddle's Agency. Savoldi is letting Riddle know he's out here. The Blondes charge over as the bell rings. All 4 men are fighting it out. Taylor swings Timbs to the ropes and hits a back elbow that sends Timbs rolling out of the ring. Travis and Crews start the match. Travis swings Crews to the ropes and hits a side slam. Travis covers but Riddle gets up on the apron to distract the ref. Savoldi runs over and yanks Riddle off the apron and chases him to the back as the fans roar with approval. Travis runs Crews to the corner and rams his head on the turnbuckle then tags in Taylor. Taylor flips over Crews as he executes a head snap. Taylor picks Crews up and vertical suplexes him back and covers but Timbs breaks the count. Taylor tags in Travis. Travis swings Crews to the ropes and drop kicks him, then hits a flying knee drop and covers 1..2..No! Timbs hits a flying knee drop from the 2nd turnbuckle. Taylor runs in but the Ref guides him back. Timbs drags Crews to their corner and tags himself in. Timbs swings Travis to the ropes and hits a high knee, then drops a knee and covers but cant put Travis away. Timbs snapmares Travis over and follows with a knee to the back. Timbs picks Travis up and suplexes him back. Timbs holds Travis as he tags in Crews. Crews gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a diving shoulder block as Timbs pushes Travis down. The Blondes continue to double team Travis. They swing Travis to the ropes and both bend down for a double body drop but Travis kicks Crews and punches Timbs then jumps over and tags in Taylor. Taylor swings Timbs to the ropes and back drops him as Timbs rolls out of the ring. Taylor picks up Crews and drops him with a Jaw Breaker. Taylor signals for the 5 Arm, he swings off the ropes but Timbs trips him up. Taylor goes to the ropes and is yelling at Timbs. Crews slowly gets up and is going to hit Taylor from behind but Travis runs in and bulldogs Crews from behind. Taylor looks back, Timbs gets on the apron and Taylor turns back around and knocks Timbs down. As Crews is staggering up, Taylor runs by him, swings off the ropes and comes back with the flying 5 Arm for the 1..2..3! The crowd goes crazy! Taylor and Travis shake hands and hug.

Mark Youngblood vs. The Cobra w/The Assassin

The match hasn't even started but both of these guys start going at it. They brawl all around the ring and finally make it back inside. The bell rings and the match officially starts. They exchange blows. Mark starts to get the upper hand and tomahawk chops away and knocks Cobra down. Assassin gets on the apron, Mark runs over and gives him a chop to the chest as the crowd cheers. Mark turns around and Cobra hits him with a running knee strike. Cobra grabs Mark and snap suplexes him. Cobra picks up Mark and drops his head on the top ropes, Mark snaps back and down. Cobra gets up on the top rope and drops a flying knee drop and covers 1..2..Mark gets his foot on the rope. Cobra gets frustrated and stomps away on Mark. Cobra swings Mark to the ropes but misses a chop attempt, Mark swings back and nails Cobra with a flying thrust shot. Mark regroups and gets his War Dance going. Cobra stands but gets chopped down. The crowd is cheering Mark on, then start booing as the Assassins run down the aisle. Mark is holding up his fists and waiting for them. The Cobra hits Mark from behind. The fans roar as Wendell Cooley and a heavily bandaged up Rocky Johnson run down the aisle and start blasting away on the Assassins. The Assassin gets up on the apron and motions for the Cobra. Assassin is handing him a foreign object. Mark runs up from behind and pushes Cobra into the Assassin and O'Connor rolls Cobra up for the 1..2..3! The fans cheer. Johnson and Cooley are fighting the Assassins up the aisle. Cobra tries to charge Mark but Mark turns around and chops him across the chest.

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka vs. Blackjack Mulligan

The bell rings and the fans in Kansas City have another brawl going. Mulligan is punching away with hard fists as Snuka fires away with hard chops. Snuka gets the upper hand and swings Mulligan to the ropes and puts him down with a big chop. Snuka bends down but Mulligan grabs his tights and pulls him forward through the ropes. Mulligan goes to the outside. Mulligan swings Snuka towards the steel post but Snuka reverses it and swings Mulligan into the post. Snuka (In a fit of rage) charges in but Mulligan collapses a second before Snuka fly's into the steel post. Both men are down as the Ref makes the 10 count. Official ruling- a double count out! Officials run out to help both men. After a few moments the men get on their feet. They look around, then at each other. They push the officials out of the way and start fighting again! They fight around the ring and down the aisle, all the way to the back.

Mid Atlantic Champ Harley Race and Billy Robinson vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff and Tony St. Clair

What a showcase for the fans as these guys have their working boots on tonight. Everybody has their shining moments. Believe or not for the first 30 minutes the match was fought hard with intensity but they all fought within the rules. Orndorff hits Race with a forearm drop, Race rolls over and tags in Billy. Orndorff tags in St. Clair, who runs in and puts Billy down with a heels first drop kick. St. Clair grabs Billy's head, runs with him, jumps over the ropes and snaps Billy's head on the top rope. Billy flies back and tags in Race. Race runs in and is hip tossed by St. Clair, followed by another heels first drop kick. St. Clair tags in Orndorff. Orndorff swings Race to the ropes and hits a high knee. Orndorff scoop slams Race then tags in St. Clair, who swings off the ropes and hits a diving headbutt on Race's mid section. St. Clair covers but Race kicks out at 2. St. Clair suplexes Race back and covers 1..2..No! Race kicks out. St. Clair picks Race up and hoists him on the turnbuckles. St. Clair is going for the superplex but Billy runs over and yanks on St. Clair's feet causing Race to fall down on top of him. The ref counts 1..2..but Orndorff breaks the count and punches Billy. The Ref pushes Orndorff back to his corner. Billy pulls Race to the corner then just enters the ring and starts stomping down on St. Clair. Billy gut wrench suplexes St. Clair over then swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop and cover 1..2 St. Clair barley gets his shoulder up. Billy goes berserk and starts choking away on St. Clair. Billy stomps away then goes down and starts choking again. Billy tags in Race. They pick St. Clair up and hold him then drop him with a delayed vertical suplex. Race walks over and slaps Orndorff. Orndorff runs in but the Ref stops him. Race and Billy put the boots to St. Clair and double body slam him. Race kicks St. Clair then tags in Billy. Billy executes a swinging neckbreaker and covers 1..2..No! Orndorff drops a forearm drop to break the count. Race comes in and the crowd cheers as these two guys just hammer away on each other! Orndorff wins the exchange as he punches Race back to his corner. Billy goes to the top rope and jumps down for a knee drop but St. Clair rolls out of the way and the crowd explodes as he tags in Orndorff. Orndorff hammers away on Billy and scoop slams him, Race charges in but gets a scoop slam. Orndorff swings Billy to the ropes and clotheslines him. Orndorff makes the signal and the crowd stands up. Orndorff hoists Robinson up for the piledriver but Race nails Orndorff from behind with a flying knee. Race rolls back to his corner. Orndorff staggers back and tags in St. Clair. St. Clair gets up on the top turnbuckle. Billy staggers up and turns around. St. Clair hits the flying cross body block 1..2..3!!!! The crowd explodes! Race hits St. Clair but Orndorff nails Race. Orndorff and Race start fighting again. They fight through the ropes and on the outside. Billy staggers up and goes after St. Clair. They brawl in the ring while Race and Orndorff are fighting on the outside. Wrestlers from the back come out and try to break it up. A crazy end to a wild night in Kansas City.

A lot to like here.

I agree with LowBlow that you gave Bundy the right kind of TV debut.

I like how the Assassin handing out foreign objects worked the first time but backfired the second time.

Austin Idol as a baby face is actually working really well!

Good baby face wins from Hot Property and Terry Taylor, as well. I like the Travis & Taylor pairing. Travis & Idol might make a good team, too, some day.

Nice to see Youngblood get some payback on the Cobra.

And finally two intense, heated brawls to finish up strong.

Savoldi preparing for next week is a nice touch. Sammartino is not doing too well of late. I liked Johnson and Cooley coming out after the Assassins later in the show. I like the main event as a clean, yet intense brawl with the hometown hero Race getting to shine some. Great show.

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 4-12-86

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic championship wrestling. David Crockett is absent again this week. I've been told that him and his brother Jim are in negotiations with a huge wrestling star. Word has it that this wrestler has been offered the most lucrative contract in Mid Atlantic history. His name cannot be announced until the contract has been officially signed. The Crockett's hope to make the official announcement very soon. Very exciting news indeed. Well tonight we will see Billy Travis of Hot Property take on one half of the US tag champs, Jimmy Golden. The Cobra will square off against Sweet Brown Sugar. Also returning to Mid Atlantic is Spike Huber. We haven't seen Spike Huber since the Devil's Duo put him out of action. So tonight, Spike Huber and his new tag team partner will take on the Devil's Duo. Also in action will be Jimmy Snuka, Billy Robinson, American Made, the Fabulous Blondes, Bob Backlund, the Assassins and Cowboy Scott Casey.

A big commotion comes over the crowd as Jim Cornette leads Dick Slater to the podium.

Schiavone: Oh my, well this is a surprise.

Cornette: Schiavone, do me a favor and go buy yourself a decent suit. You're on TV, at least try to look presentable. Since my boys the Midnight Express won the Crockett Cup, I have a few extra bucks I can loan you for that suit. Now, the business at hand, ladies and gentlemen with me right now is the current UWF Continental Champion, Dick Slater. One Terry Taylor has signed a match to wrestle Dick Slater in Greenville this weekend. Non title bout of course. Schiavone, you know Mama has the best lawyers money can buy and in that contract it states that if Dick Slater is victorious in that match then he gets Taylor's NWA World Title shot against Rick Martel on April 19th in Baltimore.

Schiavone: I don't believe this

Slater: You better believe it! I've been running over all the competition in the UWF and deserve a shot at Martel. I was the hottest free agent in wrestling and went to where the money was at. Well Jimmy has fulfilled every part of his deal and now he's given me a shot at the NWA World Title. That my friend is what brings us here this weekend. Taylor, you're just in the way boy!

The fans cheer as Terry Taylor comes out.

Taylor: Hold on one second. I'm nobody's stepping stone and don't think for one minute (points to Cornette) that a fast one by your Mama's lawyers is going to change anything. I'm still going to Baltimore to face Rick Martel and believe me Slater, I'm going to run you down on my way.

Cornette holds Slater back and they start to back away. Slater then nails Taylor with the Continental title!!! Taylor is laid out.

Cornette: Well that was easy.

Slater and Cornette walk away to boos.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Welcome back fans, Terry Taylor is seeking medical treatment in the back. What a cowardly act by Dick Slater. He's in for a fight in Greenville, that's for sure. Let's go to the ring.

Bob Backlund vs. Tim Straw

Backlund outwrestles Straw with a series of takedowns then finishes him off with the running atomic drop to get the pin!

Schiavone: Great win for Bob Backlund, I've been told that David Sammartino has personally challenged Backlund to a match at the Spring Spectacular. I'm not sure what his motives are but I know Backlund has gladly accepted. Speaking of the Spring Spectacular, last week Hacksaw Jim Duggan was the winner of the Battle Royal 1. Duggan will wrestle the winner of Battle Royal 2 for the United States Championship on April 20th in Philly. Battle Royal 2 will take place this weekend in Greenville. Next week we will hear from Duggan and the winner of Battle Royal 2. Fans back to the ring.

"Cowboy" Scott Casey vs. Lou Simms

Casey takes Simms over with a series of arm drags. Casey swings Simms into the turnbuckles then clamps on a headlock and hits the Running Bulldog to get the pin!

Commercial Break

Schiavone: With me right now is Paul Jones and Johnny Rich. (Smiling) Well Mr. Jones, it's you and Jimmy Valiant one on one at the Spring Spectacular.

Jones: Oh yea, laugh it up Schiavone. Jimmy Valiant gets beat up by my man here and now he wants to wrestle a retired wrestler. Real tough guy he is. Well rest assured I'll have Johnny right by my side.

Schiavone: Oh your right about that because I've been informed that Johnny Rich will be lock inside a cage during the match.

The fans roar with cheers as Jones and Rich throw a tantrum.

Jones: Valiant! You will pay for this! Rest assured you will pay!

They storm off as Schiavone is still smiling.

Schiavone: Fans, let's go to the ring.

Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle vs. Roger Murphy and Larry O'Meara

Timbs body slams Murphy then hits him with a knee lift. Timbs tags in Crews, Crews hits Murphy with a flying shoulder block then tags in Timbs. The Blondes drop Murphy with a double facelock drop to get the pin! Riddle raises their arms in victory then heads to the podium.

Riddle: No offense Schiavone but I'm starting to miss Davey baby. Anyways, I've been listening to American Made whining about being overlooked for a US tag team title shot. Well listen up whiners because while your out hear crying, Rock Riddle's Agency was getting things done. At the Spring Spectacular, the American Whiners will face the consummate professionals, the Fabulous Blondes here, and the winners will get a US tag team title shot. If any team deserves a title shot, it's the Fabulous Blondes and baby we are going to get it.

Commercial Break

Sweet Brown Sugar vs. The Cobra w/The Assassin

Fun fast paced match here. Sugar his Cobra with a series of hip tosses then nails him with a flying headscissors. Cobra comes back with a knee strike and snap suplex. It's a back and forth contest. Sugar body slams Cobra then hits a jumping elbow but cant put Cobra away. Cobra comes back with a back elbow smash and knee drop but cant put Sugar away. Both men have a heated exchange in the middle of the ring as the bell rings, signaling for a DRAW! Sugar is about to exit when Cobra tries a cheap shot but Sugar blocks it and starts punching away. The Assassin is waving his arms and the fans boo as the Assassins hit the ring and put the boots to Sugar. The fans cheer as Mark Youngblood runs to the ring. He puts up a valiant fight but the odds are to much to handle. The Assassins hit Mark with a double stomach breaker! Cobra hits a Senton on Sugar! The fans start to cheer as two men run to the ring and start hammering away on the Assassins and Cobra. It's the Steiner Brothers!!! They clean house as the fans are cheering! The Steiner's attend to Sugar and Youngblood.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Wow! With me right now are Rick and Scott Steiner. Boys, welcome to Mid Atlantic.

Rick: Hey, my brother and I have been finding our groove as a tag team and have been tearing it up all over! We like a good fight but a fair fight.

Scott: Assassins, you like to bully people when the odds are in your favor...well try bullying us!

Schiavone: Ok fans, the Steiner brothers are here! Back to the ring.

Billy Robinson vs. Todd Rooney

Billy is no doubt preparing for his No DQ match with Tony St. Clair as he just pummels Rooney. He kicks, stomps and chokes away then finally puts Rooney out of his misery with a swinging neckbreaker to get the pin! Billy then hurls Rooney out of the ring and yells "Where's that phony St. Clair!"

Schaivone: Well, Billy Robinson looks tuned up and ready for Tony St. Clair. With me right now is one half of Hot Property, Billy Travis.

Billy: Tony, great things are happening for Hot Property brother! My partner Joe is in Puerto Rico competing in the Light heavyweight tournament. Good Luck Joe! Next we head to Japan to showcase our talents to the great Japanese fans. Then we get a US tag title match at the Spring Spectacular against the Stud Stable. Things are red hot for Hot Property. I've got you tonight Jimmy Golden and res....

The fans boo as the Stud Stable walk out in their glitter robes.

Golden: You know for a guy who's all by his lonesome, you sure do like to talk a big game, don't you boy!

Rob: That's a very good point there Jimmy. Son, because you're out here shooting off your mouth without your partner, the Stud Stable are going to have to teach you a lesson. Jimmy it's time to show this boy how to fight.

Jimmy attacks Billy and throws him into the ring. The bell rings and the match starts.

US Tag Champ Jimmy Golden w/Rob Fuller vs. Billy Travis

Golden pummels away on Travis, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a hard right hand. Golden continues his onslaught then swings Travis to the ropes and ducks down for a back drop but Travis kicks him. Travis regroups and swings Golden to the ropes and hits a side slam. Travis covers 1..2..No! Fuller runs into the ring and starts kicking Travis. The Stud Stable pick up Travis and swing him to the ropes but miss a double clothesline, Travis swings back and the crowd comes unglued as Travis takes the Stud Stable down with a high flying drop kick! Travis rolls out of the ring and into the fans as they mob him with hugs. The Stud Stable stagger up and throw a fit in the ring.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Billy Travis is fired up tonight. Speaking of fired up, joining me right now is Sweet Brown Sugar.

Sugar: Cobra! You want to get down, then brother lets get down at the Spring Spectacular! You and me, one on one! It's on!

Schiavone: Ok, Sweet Brown Sugar has issued the challenge. Looks like the Assassin's men will have their hands full at the Spring Spectacular as the Assassins have to face the duo of Mil Mascaras and Mark Youngblood. Also that night, it was announced last week, Antonio Inoki comes to town to face his old nemeses, Tiger Jeet Singh. Singh has been nothing short of a madman since storming on the scene. If there's one man who can stop his madness, it's Antonio Inoki. Fans here with me now is Ole Anderson.

Ole comes out with taped up ribs.

Ole: Dillon, you low life leech, it's going to take a lot more than busted up ribs to get rid of me. At Spring Spectacular, it's me and your fat goon Bundy in a fight. That's right, I get Bundy in the ring, man to man. Now we'll see just how tough he is.

Schiavone: Wow, that's a bombshell of an announcement. Bundy and Ole one on one. JJ Dillon, you had better watch out. Lets go to the ring.

American Made vs. Clyde Putnam and Dave Penson

Kernodle wrestles aggressively as he body slams Penson down and starts stomping away. He tags in Kirchner. Kirchner drops a standing leg drop and covers but Kernodle is yelling for a tag. A puzzled Kirchner finally tags him in. Kernodle drops a series of knees then gets up on the top turnbuckles and drops a flying knee drop to get the pin! They head to the podium.

Kirchner: Don, you got to ease up a bit, we had the match won, you didn't have to inflict extra punishment.

Kernodle: Kirch, we cant ease up. You heard the announcement, us and the Fabulous Blondes, winners get a shot at the US titles. Brother, we cant blow this opportunity. So, no we cant ease up. You get what I'm saying?

Kirchner: (Pauses) Ok, we do have to keep our focus as a team. Let's get our title shot.

They high five and exit.

Schiavone: Ok, a determined American Made. Fans, please welcome the Mid Atlantic Champion, Harley Race. Harley, you'll be defending that title against Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff at the Spring Spectacular.

Race: Orndorff! You have had everything served up to you on a silver platter here. Well listen up real good buddy because this title will NOT be handed to you on a silver platter. I'm going to show you why I'm the Mid Atlantic Champion. I'm going to teach you a wrestling lesson you wont ever forget! The Spring Spectacular will be one night you wont ever forget and I can promise you that!

Commercial Break

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka vs. Gary Williams

Snuka whips Williams into the ropes and takes him down with a chop. Snuka body slams Williams then executes a diving headbutt. The fans go crazy as Jimmy climbs to the top ropes, gives the 'I Love You' sign and crashes down on Williams with the Superfly Splash to get the pin! The fans boo as Blackjack Mulligan hits the ring. Snuka and Mulligan are blasting away on each other and through the ropes. They fight outside the ring until officials come out to break it up. They keep fighting and wrestlers from the back come out to stop it.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Oh my, Snuka and Mulligan hopefully can settle this feud at the Spring Spectacular. Well, it's official, also at the Spring Spectacular, Tom Prichard will defend his TV title against Austin Idol. Please welcome out the Universal Heartthrob himself, Austin Idol.

Idol gives a right bicep pose to the camera and winks.

Idol: Tony, the toast of the coast is here live and in color baby. Oh yea, at the Spring Spectacular, I get a golden opportunity for some gold.

The fans boo as Rock Riddle comes out with Tom Prichard.

Riddle: (Smiling) The Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol! Idol, you have the looks, the charisma, the talk, the walk, but baby you aint getting the gold.

Prichard pats his title.

Riddle: You know Idol, since you cant beat my man Tom here, why don't you join us? I mean, come on, you would be perfect for the Agency. You're a movie star all the way. Just forfeit the match and let's talk baby.

Prichard pats his title again then pats Idol on the arm. Idol contemplates this.

Idol: Sorry Rock, but I think I'll take my chances and fly solo baby.

Idol pats Prichard's shoulder then taps the title. Idol starts to walk away and Prichard takes a shot but Idol blocks it and nails Prichard with a right fist, knocking him down. Idol raises his fist at Riddle who covers his face and cowers down. Idol just pats him on the head and walks away.

Schiavone: (Smiling) Ah Rock, I think he's gone now. Fans, when we come back our main event.

Commercial Break

The Devil's Duo w/Paul Jones vs. Spike Huber and his new partner

Jones and the Duo are waiting in the ring when Huber comes out. They start taunting and berating Huber. Huber smiles and motions to the back. The fans roar as Pedro Morales comes out. They hit the ring and hammer away on the Duo. Jones tries to interfere but Huber and Morales hit him through the ropes. They swing Sword to the ropes and double back drop him. They swing Vines to the ropes and double back drop him. The Duo stagger up and Morales hits Vines with a Caribbean knee lift, sending him through the ropes. Huber drop kicks Sword through the ropes. The fans are going crazy! The Duo wobble around, fall down again then pick up Jones and exit to the back in a hurry. Huber and Morales raise their fists to the cheering fans then head to the podium.

Huber: Tony, let me introduce you to my new tag team partner, Pedro Morales!

Morales: Hey, it's my pleasure to team with Spike. I still have fuel in the tank and with Spike as my partner, we're going to get some gold around our waists!

Huber: We got the power, the fire, and the fury! You can call us Rolling Thunder! Now, Devil's Duo, you put me out for awhile and now it's payback time! At Spring Spectacular, you boys have to face Rolling Thunder! We're coming for you!

Schiavone: There you have it fans, Spike Huber, Pedro Morales, Rolling Thunder. Boy I wouldn't want to be the Devil's Duo right now. Fans in Greenville, Battle Royal 2 comes to the arena, the winner will face Hacksaw Duggan at Spring Spectacular to determine a new United States Champion. The winner could change some of the announced matches for Spring Spectacular, so you just never know what's going to happen in Mid Atlantic. Some of the names in the Battle Royal are Stan Hansen, Harley Race, Paul Orndorff, Jimmy Snuka, Blackjack Mulligan, Tony St. Clair, Billy Robinson and Austin Idol. Should be a great night of action as we head down the road to the 2 day event, Clash of Champions: Spring Spectacular. Fans, beeeeeee there!

Clash of Champions: Spring Spectacular Night 1- Baltimore Civic Center 4-19-86

NWA World Title Bout

Rick Martel © vs. Terry Taylor or Dick Slater

US Tag Title Bout

Stud Stable © vs. Hot Property

Mid Atlantic Title Bout

Harley Race © vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

King Kong Bundy w/JJ Dillon vs. Ole Anderson

Mil Mascaras and Mark Youngblood vs. The Assassins w/The Assassin

Antonio Inoki vs. Tiger Jeet Singh

Bob Backlund vs. "The Great One" David Sammartino

Polynesian Power vs. Caspian Empire

Night 2- Philadelphia Civic Center- 4-20-86

United States Title Bout

Hacksaw Duggan vs. Winner of Battle Royal 2

TV Title Bout

"Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard © w/Rock Riddle vs. "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol

NO DQ

Tony St. Clair vs. Billy Robinson

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka vs. Blackjack Mulligan

"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant vs. Paul Jones- Johnny Rich locked inside a cage

The Cobra vs. Sweet Brown Sugar

American Made vs. Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle- Winners get a US Tag Title Match

Rolling Thunder vs. Devil's Duo w/Paul Jones

The heel managers ripping on Schiavone was pretty funny. Cornette's "Well that was easy" cracked me up.

Face Steiners joining the battle against The Assassin's crew makes things really interesting.

Spring Spectacular just keeps heating up more and more.

The Clash is loaded! So many great matches across both nights. Great job with the Cornette promo here and Slater just fit right into this situation vs. Terry Taylor.

You've really built up your tag division, one of the strongest in the game and I'm looking forward to seeing how the Steiners fit into that.

I have to admit that Ole Anderson vs. Bundy is the feud I never knew I wanted to see but now that it's here I can't wait to see Ole tie up with Bundy and potentially get his hands on JJ.

MACW @ The Memorial Auditorium, Greenville SC- 4-12-86

Rocky Johnson and "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. The Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

Blondes attack when the bell rings but Johnson and Cooley were ready and clean house, sending the Blondes rolling out of the ring. Riddle runs over to council with them. Johnson and Cooley start fast as Johnson swings Crews to the ropes and back drops him then follows with a high drop kick. Johnson tags in Cooley, who drops Crews with another drop kick followed by an elbow drop and cover, but Timbs drops a knee to break the count. Crews tags in Timbs. They double suplex Cooley, then Timbs hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops a knee and covers 1..2..Kick out! Blondes control the next few minutes until a miscue, which allows Cooley to make the tag to Johnson. Johnson knocks both of the Blondes heads together, then body slams Crews and covers but Riddle causes a distraction. Johnson goes towards Riddle, Crews hits him from behind with a forearm blast. Johnson is leaning on the ropes, Timbs runs over and snaps his head on the top rope. Crews drops an elbow and covers but Cooley runs in to break the count. All four men are brawling. Riddle jumps up on the apron and Cooley atomic drops Timbs into Riddle, sending him flying off the apron. Johnson swings Crews to the ropes and hits a Power Slam for the 1..2..3!

Tiger Jeet Singh vs. "Cowboy" Scott Casey

Singh runs down the aisle, swinging his sword like a madman and knocking over anybody standing in his way. The bell rings and Casey drop kicks Singh from behind, sending the sword flying out of the ring. Casey hip tosses Singh and follows with another drop kick. Casey swings Singh into the turnbuckles and charges in but Singh lifts his boot and kicks Casey in the face. Singh pummels away on Casey then puts the boots to him, grabs the top rope and chokes Casey with his boot. Singh hits a back breaker, then hoists Casey up on his shoulders and hits the Argentine Back Rack drop for the pin! Singh continues to stomp on Casey then goes and gets his sword. Singh hammers away on Casey with the sword, busting him open! Officials come out to stop this madness.

Tony St. Clair vs. The Cobra w/The Assassin

These guys start off fast and have a good exchange, Tony gets the upper hand with several European uppercuts then swings Cobra to the ropes and hits a heels first drop kick. Tony drops Cobra with a vertical suplex and covers 1..2..No! Cobra kicks out. Tony swings Cobra to the ropes, Cobra reverses it and The Assassin trips Tony, Tony stumbles and Cobra takes him down with a knee strike. Cobra picks Tony up, spins him around and hits a Gut Buster. Cobra covers but Tony kicks out on 2. Cobra swings Tony to the ropes but misses a chop, Tony swings back and clotheslines Cobra. Tony regroups and swings Cobra to the turnbuckles but the Ref gets in the path and is knocked down. Tony is checking on the Ref. The fans boo as Billy Robinson runs into the ring and hits Tony with a swinging neckbreaker! Billy runs out of there as the fans boo. Cobra gets up on the top rope and hits a flying Senton! The Ref crawls over and counts 1...2...3! The Assassin runs in and raises the Cobra's arm in victory as the fans continue to boo.

The Assassins w/The Assassin vs. The Steiner Brothers

The match doesn't even start and these teams are punching away on each other. The Assassin tries to interfere but a hard fist by Rick Steiner puts him down. The teams continue to brawl and end up fighting on the outside. They're brawling all over the place. The Ref cant get control and the match ends up a No Contest. The teams continue to fight all the way up the aisle.

Mark Youngblood vs. Billy Robinson

Billy starts the match with an eye rake then body slams Mark and stomps away. Billy gut wrench suplexes Mark over, then picks him up and hits a belly to back suplex, but cant put Mark away. Billy puts Mark's head on the bottom rope and chokes away. Billy runs back, swings off the ropes and leaps up but Mark moves out of the way and Billy gets tangled up in the ropes. Mark regroups and gives Billy a back suplex. Mark swings Billy to the ropes and nails him with a running thrust shot. Mark drops a flying knee and covers 1..2..Billy barely gets his shoulder up. Mark picks Billy up, but Billy low blows him. Mark is on the ground while Billy regroups. The fans cheer as Tony St. Clair comes to the ring. Tony and Billy start to argue. The Ref is trying to get things under control. Mark comes up from behind as Billy turns around. Mark chops him, then body slams him and covers. The Ref counts 1..(Tony reaches in and holds Billy's foot)..2..3! The fans go crazy as Billy loses it. Tony points and tells Billy "Payback' then heads to the back as the fans cheer.

Stan Hansen, Mid Atlantic Champ Harley Race and Blackjack Mulligan vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff, "Superfly" Snuka and Austin Idol

Wild 6 man tag action as Mulligan and Snuka start the match and they go at it with a vicious exchange. Snuka swings Mulligan to the ropes and puts him down with a chop. Snuka tags in Idol. Idol swings Mulligan to the ropes and back drops him. Mulligan rolls over and tags in Race. Race slowly walks in. Orndorff begs for the tag and Idol tags him in. Race and Orndorff exchange blows, Race swings Orndorff to the ropes and misses a clothesline, Orndorff comes back and sends Race out of the ring with a high jumping knee. Race gets back into the ring and charges Orndorff, but gets back dropped. The crowd goes crazy as Orndorff lifts Race up for the pile driver but WHAM! Hansen nails Orndorff from behind. Race rakes his boot across Orndorff's face then picks him up for a delayed suplex and drops him back. Race tags in Hansen. Hansen puts the boots to Orndorff, then gives him a thundering body slam. Hansen tags in Mulligan. Mulligan swings Orndorff to the ropes and delivers a flying back elbow smash. Mulligan covers but Snuka drops a headbutt to break the count. Race runs in but is punched back into the corner by Idol. Mulligan picks up Orndorff but Orndorff grabs his arm and fireman carries him over then tags in Snuka. Snuka is on fire as he hammers away on Mulligan. Snuka swings off the ropes but is kicked in the back by Race. Orndorff charges over and starts pounding on Race. Hansen grabs Orndorff by the hair but Idol runs over and him and Hansen start fighting. The Ref is focused on Race and Orndorff. Hansen kicks Idol low and throws him through the ropes. Snuka body slams Mulligan but from behind, Hansen nails Snuka with a lariat! Hansen rolls Mulligan on top of Snuka. Hansen grabs the Ref and pushes him the other way. The Ref jumps down and counts 1..2..3! Race and Orndorff continue to fight. Idol tries to get in the ring but Hansen sends him back out with a kick to the face.

Intermission

Battle Royal 2- Winner faces Hacksaw Duggan for the Vacant US Title on April 20th

Harley Race, Paul Orndorff, Stan Hansen, Billy Robinson, Tony St. Clair, Rocky Johnson, Wendell Cooley, Assassins, Cobra, Mark Youngblood, Jimmy Snuka, Blackjack Mulligan, Fabulous Blondes, Austin Idol, Steiner Brothers.

Due to injuries sustained by Tiger Jeet Singh, Scott Casey is unable to compete.

The bell rings and the big brawl begins. Steiners and Assassins start off where they left off and all four men fight over the top rope and are eliminated. They continue to fight on the outside. Mulligan and Snuka tear into each other, as Robinson and St. Clair fight in the corner. Orndorff and Race exchange punches in the middle of the ring as Cobra and Youngblood go at it in the other corner. Cooley, Johnson and the Blondes are on the ropes fighting and trying to eliminate each other when Stan Hansen runs over and clotheslines Cooley and Crews over the top rope! Johnson and Timbs are hanging over the ropes when Austin Idol runs over and dumps both men over the top rope. Cobra hits Youngblood, swings him to the ropes but misses a chop, Youngblood swings back off the ropes and hits a flying body press on Cobra, Cobra is holding him but the momentum carries both men over the top rope. Mulligan punches away on Snuka then backs up and charges in but Snuka back drops him over the top rope! Race eye rakes Orndorff. Mulligan gets up and is yelling up at Snuka, Race comes up from behind and hurls Snuka over the top rope. Mulligan and Snuka continue their fight on the outside. Race turns around and gets sent over the top rope by a clothesline from Orndorff! The crowd loved that. It's down to Orndorff, Hansen, St. Clair, Robinson and Idol. Idol punches Hansen to the ropes but Hansen hits him with a knee then grabs his hair and hurls him over the top rope! St. Clair and Robinson have been tangled up with each other since the start. They both fight over the top rope and onto the apron. They keep slugging away on each other. Orndorff runs over and hits Robinson off the apron, as Hansen nails St. Clair and eliminates him! Hansen and Orndorff are the final two! They don't waste anytime as they start clobbering each other. They battle back and forth. Harley Race is still on the outside and circles the ring. Orndorff starts to get the upper hand then body slams Hansen and follows with a forearm drop. Race gets up on the apron. Orndorff runs over and a forearm blast sends Race flying off. Hansen gets up and runs over, then sends Orndorff over the top rope with a clothesline from behind! Stan Hansen is the winner! He goes on to face Hacksaw Duggan for the United States Title on April 20th! Harley Race gets up, picks up Orndorff and rams him into the steel post! The fans boo as Race just gives them a look and heads to the back. Stan Hansen puts up the 'Bullhorn' sign and gives a yell before exiting the ring.

Terry Taylor vs. UWF Continental Champ Dick Slater w/Jim Cornette- If Slater wins, he gets Taylor's NWA World Title shot

Slater nails Taylor from behind as the bell rings. Cornette throws out some insults to Taylor before he leaves the ring. Slater pounds on Taylor then drops several elbows on him and covers 1..2..Kick out! Slater chokes Taylor, then picks him up and gives him a belly to back suplex. Slater backs up then drops a running jumping knee drop and covers but Taylor kicks out. Cornette is swinging his racket and yelling at the Ref. Slater swings Taylor to the ropes and bends down for a back drop but Taylor kicks him, then grabs him and puts him down with the jaw breaker! Taylor regroups and suplexes Slater back. Taylor hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops a knee and covers but Slater kicks out. Taylor swings Slater to the ropes, hits a back drop then drops an elbow but still cant put Slater away. Taylor picks up Slater but Slater grabs his tights and pulls Taylor through the ropes. Taylor hits the ground and Cornette runs over and kicks Taylor. Slater rolls out of the ring, grabs Taylor and slams his head on the apron then hurls him back into the ring. Slater hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and lands a forearm drop then covers 1..2..Taylor gets a foot on the rope. Cornette is up on the apron yelling at the ref. Slater starts to yell at the ref. Slater then goes to the 2nd turnbuckle and goes for a knee drop but Taylor moves as Slater crashes down on his knee. Taylor gets his fire back, picks up Slater and puts him down with a shin buster. Taylor goes to pick up Slater but is distracted by Cornette, who's on the apron once again. Taylor grabs Cornette by his shirt, as Cornette is pleading for his life. Slater limps up then grabs Taylor from behind and suplexes him back. Both men are down. The Ref is telling Cornette to get off the apron. Slater gets up and goes over and starts yelling at the Ref. Taylor gets up, runs over and pushes Slater into Cornette (his racket fly's into the ring) and rolls him up 1..2..NO! Slater kicks out. Cornette is on the ground, yelling at the ref that Taylor should be disqualified. Slater eye rakes Taylor. The Ref is still distracted by Cornette. Slater picks up the racket. He lifts it up and is going to swing down on Taylor but Taylor kicks Slater in the mid section, then grabs the racket and WHAM, hits Slater over the head. Slater drops and Taylor covers, the Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3!!! The crowd goes crazy! Cornette is having a breakdown on the outside. Terry Taylor keeps his NWA World Title shot as he faces the champ, Rick Martel on April 19th in Baltimore!

At this point, Rock Riddle getting up on the ring apron is like Ric Flair going to the top turnbuckle: You know it is going to end badly for him, but it's entertaining as hell to watch.

You're doing a great job building up Singh as a monster. Looking forward to the Inoki bout.

Tony St. Clair had no chance there, as it was basically three-on-one. That pays off nicely with the "turn about is fair play" spot later.

I'm loving all of the out-of-control brawls all over the place recently. Another good one here.

When that 6-man is not even the main event, you know you have a stacked card.

Love how the Battle Royal builds off the action earlier on the card. Of course, The Lariat vs Hacksaw is gonna be awesome.

Jim Cornette behaving like a big baby is always entertaining. Taylor vs Martel is gonna be another good match!

Cornette was great on TV. I would go for both Martel match-ups myself. The Cobra and the Assassins really put a working over on Jay and Sugar. I like the feud you have going that builds both American Made and the Blondes. Travis getting a chance to shine is great.

Jay vs. Robinson would have been a fun match. Loved the chaotic six man. Hansen winning the Battle Royal is a stroke of genius, really looking forward to that match. Big win for Taylor.

MACW @ Central State Florida Community College in Ocala FL- 4-13-86

Pedro Morales vs. Doug Vines w/Jeff Sword

For some reason, Paul Jones isn't with Vines tonight. The Devil's Duo attack Morales before the bell. They stomp on him until the Ref finally gets control and officially starts the match. Vines continues hammering away on Morales. Vines body slams Morales by the ropes. Sword reaches in and chokes Morales. Vines drops a knee from the 2nd turnbuckle and covers 1..2..Morales kicks out. Vines gets up on the top rope and goes for another knee drop but Morales moves. Morales shakes his fists and gets pumped up. Morales punches away on Vines, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Sword gets up on the apron and Morales grabs him. Vines staggers up and charges but Morales gets out of the way as Vines hits Sword with a high knee. Morales grabs Vines and gives him a belly to back suplex to get the pin!

US Tag Team Champ Jimmy Golden w/Rob Fuller vs. Chick Donovan

Donovan gets going early as he swings Golden to the ropes and back drops him. Golden staggers up and gets a forearm blast. Donovan swings back off the ropes but gets tripped up by Fuller. Donovan looks back at Fuller then gets clocked from behind with a clothesline by Golden. Golden stomps away on Donovan then body slams him. Golden suplexes Donovan then gets up on the top rope and hits the flying knee drop for the pin!

Sweet Brown Sugar vs. Randy Rose

The fans boo as Paul Jones comes out with Randy Rose. Jones and Rose are yelling insults at Sugar. The bell rings and Sugar has enough. Sugar drop kicks Rose into Jones, sending Jones through the ropes. Rose staggers up and Sugar executes a flying head scissors. Sugar maintains control until an eye rake by Rose stops him. Rose swings Sugar into the turnbuckles then charges in and hits a forearm blast to the face. Rose swings Sugar to the opposite turnbuckles and charges in with a knee to the mid section. Rose snapmares Sugar over then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops a knee then covers 1..2..Sugar kicks out. Jones is yelling at the Ref. Rose picks up Sugar, swings him to the ropes, ducks down for a back drop but Sugar hits a sunset flip 1..2..3! The fans cheer as Sugar gets the quick pin. Sugar is celebrating but is leveled from behind by Rose! Jones runs in and raises Rose's arm to the booing crowd.

American Made vs. The Kiniski Brothers

Good fast paced match that goes back and forth. The Kiniski's get some momentum going as Kelly slams Kirchner, tags in Nick and Nick drops an elbow. Nick hits a suplex on Kirchner then swings off the ropes but gets a knee to the back by Kernodle. Kelly is yelling at Kernodle from across the ring. Kirchner body slams Nick then tags in Kernodle. Kernodle very aggressively stomps away on Nick. Kernodle resorts to choking as Kirchner doesn't look to happy about it. Kernodle hits an inverted atomic drop then grabs Nick before he falls and hits a neckbreaker to get the pin! The Ref raises the arms of American Made as Kirchner glares at a smiling Kernodle.

"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant vs. Johnny Rich w/Paul Jones

As you would expect, these two just start going at it. Jones wants to interfere but ends up running away when Valiant goes after him. Valiant swings Rich to the ropes and puts him down with a right fist. The crowd cheers as Valiant gives them a dance. Rich makes a comes back, swings Valiant to the ropes and nails him with a back elbow. Rich jumps up and crashes down with a fist drop. Rich puts his knee on Valiant's chest then grabs his head and pounds away with fists, busting Jimmy open. Rich rakes his boot across the face then stomps away. Rich body slams Valiant then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle. Rich goes for the flying fist drop but Valiant moves. Rich's fist hits the canvas and he holds it in pain. Valiant goes over and stomps away on Rich then stomps on his hurt hand. Valiant goes down and starts biting Rich's forehead. Rich starts to bleed. Valiant body slams Rich then swings off the ropes but is distracted by Jones. Valiant goes to the ropes and starts yelling at Jones. As the Ref is guiding Valiant away, Jones runs over and slides his cane to Rich. Rich gets up, with the cane in his hand. Valiant walks over, Rich swings, Valiant ducks and punches Rich, the cane falls out of Rich's hand. The crowd roars as Valiant picks up the cane. Rich staggers around and WHAM, Valiant nails Rich with the cane. The Ref signals for the DQ. Valiant hits Rich a couple more times with the cane as the crowd roars. Valiant points the cane at Jones. Jones has a terrified look on his face. These two will go one on one on April 20th.

Polynesian Power vs. The Caspian Empire

Tui swings Smirnoff to the ropes and hip tosses him then puts him down with a drop kick. Sheik runs and gets hip tossed to the corner by Tui. Sheik stands up and gets nailed by Sakalia followed by another hip toss by Tui, sending him back to his corner. Smirnoff charges Tui but gets back dropped. Tui tags in Sakalia. Sakalia runs in and clotheslines Smirnoff. Sheik charges in but gets back dropped by Sakalia. Caspian Empire regroups as Smirnoff tags in Sheik. Sheik eye gouges Sakalia then pushes him in the corner as they double team Sakalia. Smirnoff chokes Sakalia while Sheik kicks away on the mid section. Sheik tags in Smirnoff, who goes to the 2nd turnbuckle. Sheik gut wrench suplexes Sakalia, then Smirnoff jumps off the turnbuckles with a stomp to the gut. Caspian Empire start double teaming Sakalia in the corner. Tui has enough and runs over and hammers away on the Empire. The Ref pushes Tui back to the corner. Caspian Empire double slams Sakalia. Smirnoff swings Sakalia to the ropes, ducks down for a back drop but Sakalia kicks him then makes the tag to Tui. The crowd cheers as Tui hammers away on Smirnoff. He swings Smirnoff to the ropes and hits a back elbow smash. Sheik runs in and gets sent flying back with a forearm blast. Tui suplexes Smirnoff and covers 1..2..Sheik breaks the count with a boot to the head. Sakalia storms in and punches away on Sheik. Sheik and Sakalia are fighting in the corner while Tui and Smirnoff end up fighting in the opposite corner. Polynesian Power whip the Empire into each other. As they stagger back, Polynesian Power each connect with a super kick on Smirnoff and Sheik. Sakalia picks Sheik up and Samoan Drops him back. Tui leaps off the top rope with a flying elbow drop! As the Ref gets ready to count, the bell rings, signaling for a DRAW. Tui and Sakalia cant believe it and the fans can see they're clearly disappointed.

TV Title Bout

"Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard © w/Rock Riddle vs. Bob Backlund

Backlund starts off hot as he puts Tom over with a series of arm drags. Backlund then puts Tom over with a few headlock takeovers. Tom is frustrated as he ends up rolling out of the ring. Riddle hugs him as the fans boo. Tom gets up on the apron, Backlund walks over and Tom eye gouges him. Tom grabs Backlund's head and snaps it on the top rope. Tom climbs to the top turnbuckle and delivers a flying knee drop then covers 1..2..Backlund gets his shoulder up. Tom grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Backlund then chokes him with his boot. Tom lifts Backlund up and drops him back with a vertical suplex. Tom swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop and covers 1..2..Backlund raises his shoulder. Riddle throws a fit and berates the Ref. Tom joins in and yells at the Ref. They keep arguing. Backlund uses the ropes to help himself up. Backlund comes from behind and rolls Tom up 1..2..Tom kicks out. Tom charges Backlund but Backlund body slams him. Backlund swings Tom to the ropes and back drops him. Backlund picks Tom up and hits an Atomic drop that sends Tom head first into the turnbuckles. Tom staggers back, Backlund grabs him by the waist and German suplexes him back 1..2..No, Riddle distracts the Ref by getting on the apron. Backlund goes towards Riddle but Riddle hops down in a hurry. Backlund body slams Tom then picks him up and sets him on the top turnbuckles. Backlund hops to the 2nd turnbuckles and the crowd cheers as he sets up Tom for the superplex. Backlund hoists Tom up but Riddle runs over and pulls on Backlund's feet allowing Tom to fall on Backlund. The Ref counts 1..2..3! The fans boo as Tom Prichard retains the TV title.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. US Tag Team Champ Rob Fuller w/Jimmy Golden

The Stud Stable attack Duggan before the bell. They swing Duggan to the ropes but miss a double clothesline, Duggan swings back and takes both of them down with a double clothesline! Duggan grabs Golden and hurls him over the top rope. The bell rings and Duggan hammers away on Fuller. Duggan scoop slams Fuller then drops a knee. Golden runs around and starts yelling at Duggan. Duggan stands up and starts yelling back at Golden. Fuller sneaks up from behind and hits a low blow. Fuller stomps away on Duggan. Fuller swings Duggan to the ropes and kicks him in the mid section then suplexes him back. Fuller hits a fist drop and covers 1..2..Duggan kicks out. Fuller starts kicking Duggan's leg then clamps on the Fuller Leg Lock! Fuller spins around and twists the knee. The Ref is asking Duggan if he wants to submit. Duggan yells "NO" The crowd is cheering Duggan on. Duggan is able to kick Fuller with his other leg to break the hold. While Fuller is distracting the Ref, Golden reaches in and chokes Duggan. Fuller picks up Duggan and goes for a suplex but Duggan blocks it and suplexes Fuller back. Duggan limps around the ring then stomps around the ring. Fuller gets up and Duggan punches away. Golden gets on the apron and is holding on to the top rope. Duggan grabs the rope and snaps Golden into the ring. Duggan picks up Golden and Atomic drops him into Fuller. Duggan backs up and gets in a 3 point stance. Fuller is staggering around. Duggan charges and nails him with the running clothesline and covers 1..2..3!!!! The fans go crazy! Duggan stomps around the ring, giving the fans a thumbs up.