Pro Wrestling Only

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling April 86

spaldoni

Yea, I really went back and forth with match placement for the Greenville Card. I try to send the fans home happy as often as I can. Due to the finishes of the Battle Royal and 6 man tag, I decided to put Taylor/Slater on last. I figured Taylor winning with the racket and a tantrum by Cornette would do the job :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the sad news about Paul Jones today... I was reminiscing about his feud with Jimmy Valient... then I realized my memories were not so much of the actual Paul Jones Army vs Boogie Woogie man feud, but rather of stuff from this thread. I don't mean any disrespect by that at all. It was honestly kind of nice, like I somehow had fresh memories of the man, even if they are memories that you created.

Hacksaw is coming in in a HUGE way already. Great to see him getting the kind of a push. On the other side of the coin... how hard the mighty have fallen in regards to Backlund. Obviously your booking is sound but he just doesn't have the luck tonight... hopefully he does in the future.

Maybe the mighty truly has fallen. Wrestlingdata.com says Backlund did not wrestle between 1985 and 1988. Does anyone know if this is true?

Hacksaw is coming in in a HUGE way already. Great to see him getting the kind of a push. On the other side of the coin... how hard the mighty have fallen in regards to Backlund. Obviously your booking is sound but he just doesn't have the luck tonight... hopefully he does in the future.

Maybe the mighty truly has fallen. Wrestlingdata.com says Backlund did not wrestle between 1985 and 1988. Does anyone know if this is true?

I think it is true. After leaving the WWF he had a short run with the ill-fated Pro Wrestling USA, which folded in the summer of '85.

He had one match for the UWF (Japanese Shoot-Style promotion) in December 1988, and another in 1989 (both worth watching) but as far as I know that was it from the summer of '85 until his comeback in the 1990s.

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 4-19-86

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. Once again my partner David Crockett wont be joining me today, as him and his brother Jim are involved in some serious negotiations with a huge wrestling superstar. As I mentioned last week, the Crockett's have offered this man the most lucrative contract in Mid Atlantic history. I understand they are very close to signing this individual and hope to make the gigantic announcement next week. I do know that the Crockett's will be attending the big 2 day event this weekend, I'm talking about the Clash of Champions, Spring Spectacular. That's right, April 19th in Baltimore and April 20th in Philadelphia. We do have a big change to the event that I will get to momentarily but first let's here some pre recorded comments from the winner of the 2nd Battle Royal and the man who will be facing Hacksaw Duggan for the vacated United States Title in Philly, fans let's hear from the one and only Stan Hansen.

Pre Recorded Comments

Hansen: (Hits his cowbell on the ground) Stan Hansen is coming to Philadelphia to beat up Hacksaw Jim Duggan! (Another hit with the cowbell) And I'm going to leave Hacksaw Duggan lying in the gutter when I'm done with him! (Another hit with cowbell) Then when I'm done with that I'm gonna walk over that beaten down body of his and I'm gonna grab my United States Title and I'm gonna hold it high in the air over his beaten up and bruised body! (Cowbell hit to the ground)

Back Live

Schiavone: There you have it fans, the winners of the Battle Royal's Hacksaw Duggan and Stan Hansen for the US Title at the Spring Spectacular in Philly. Now onto the bad news, fans earlier this week in Columbia SC, Billy Travis was wrestling in a singles match while his partner Joe Savoldi was participating in a Light Heavyweight championship tournament in Puerto Rico. Well, let's show you the footage.

Footage from Columbia

Billy Travis hits the side slam on Mike Sharpe to get the pin! Travis is celebrating with the fans when The Stud Stable, Rob Fuller and Jimmy Golden run in the ring and nail Travis from behind. They swing Travis to the ropes and double clothesline him, then double body slam him. Fuller grabs Travis as Golden gets on the 2nd turnbuckle and they hit the Spike Piledriver!

Back Live

Schiavone: Fans with me right now are the current US Tag Team Champions, the Stud Stable. Just what was the meaning of that despicable attack?

Golden: Hey! That young punk wanted to shoot his mouth off last week and well, we had to put that punk in his place by dropping him on his head. (Golden bursts out laughing)

Fuller: (laughing) Well put Jimmy. You know Tony Schiavone, that drop on his head just might knock some sense into that kid.

Schiavone: Well thanks to that disgusting attack, Billy Travis wont be able to compete at the Spring Spectacular, therefore Hot Property will be unable to challenge for the US titles.

Fuller: (Smiling) Well then, it looks like the US Champions, the Stud Stable, will get a much deserved night off. My apologies to our fans, who paid good money for a ticket to watch us, but our challengers just don't have what it takes. Crying shame Tony Schiavone, it truly is.

Schiavone: Well, I've been told that you will be defending your titles that night. That's right, in Baltimore you will be defending the US Titles against the team of Rocky Johnson and Wildcat Wendell Cooley, a team that's been on quite a roll lately.

Fuller and Golden throw a fit.

Golden: You see Robert! You see! Once again we are the victims here!

Fuller: Valid point Jimmy. Tony Schiavone, we are the champs and we should decide who and when we defend these titles against. A rag tag team like this Johnson and Cooley shouldn't even be in the ring with us! This is injustice at its best. Well Jimmy, looks like we've got two new boys to make an example of.

Commercial Break

Terry Taylor vs. Jay Jones

Taylor starts off with a couple headlock takeovers. Taylor has Jones up and drops him back with a vertical suplex. Taylor drops a knee then picks Jones up, swings him to the ropes and hits the flying 5 arm for the pin!

Schiavone: Terry, you look more than ready for your shot at the NWA World title in Baltimore. Any thoughts on the champ, Rick Martel?

Taylor: Tony, I told you after Starrcade I was a changed man. I told you I was going to go at it on talent and ability. Well I did that and look where it got me. I couldn't be more excited for this opportunity. Rick Martel has been a true fighting champion and I have all the respect in the world for him. But make no mistake about it, I'm going into Baltimore with one thing on my mind and that's winning the NWA World Title.

Schiavone: Ok fans, in what should be an outstanding match up, Rick Martel defends the NWA title against Terry Taylor, Baltimore, Spring Spectacular. Lets go back to the ring.

Blackjack Mulligan vs Vic DeMarco

Mulligan swings DeMarco to the ropes and nails him with a flying back elbow smash. Mulligan stomps away on DeMarco then throws him out of the ring. The fans boo as Mulligan goes out and stomps on DeMarco on the outside. Mulligan chokes away and punishes DeMarco. The fans roar as Jimmy Snuka runs out and starts hammering away on Mulligan! The bell rings as Snuka pounds on Mulligan. Mulligan starts to fight back and the two are brawling all around the ring. Wrestlers from the back come out to break it up.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Ok, things have settled down. Boy, I would hate to be the referee assigned to that match as they collide this weekend at the Spring Spectacular. Fans, don't forget, tonight we have a huge 6 man tag match as Polynesian Power and Tony St. Clair take on the Caspian Empire and Billy Robinson. Should be a great one. Well with me right now is Don Kernodle and Corporal Kirchner, the tag team known as American Made.

Kernodle: Hold on Tony. Kirch, do you now see what I've been talking about? Why does Johnson and Cooley get the US Title match this weekend? It should be us getting that match. Why are we getting overlooked as usual?

Schiavone: Wait a second Don, you guys have an opportunity. At the Spring Spectacular, you guys will face the Fabulous Blondes with the winners getting a guaranteed shot at the US titles.

Kirchner: There you go Don. Come on buddy, we have to stay focused on the Blondes. We'll get our shot.

Kernodle: (Pauses and calms down) Yea, ok, you're right. Lets do this!

They high five and exit.

"The Great One" David Sammartino vs. Carl Hillman

Sammartino continues to yell at the fans until Hillman rolls him up and almost pins him. Sammartino stomps away on Hillman then body slams him and follows with a knee drop. Sammartino swings Hillman hard into the turnbuckles then clamps on the bear hug to get the submission victory! Sammartino yells at the fans, all the way to the podium.

Schiavone: Aggressive win tonight David. Now, Bob Backlund has accepted your challenge this weekend. May I ask why you challenged him?

Sammartino: Tony, you really are a fool. I mean I cant believe you actually get paid for asking idiotic questions like that. The reason is simple. I am the Great One and when you're great, you have to prove how great you are by beating up wrestlers who think that they are great. Bob Backlund just oozes with arrogance every time he sets foot in that ring. Well I'm sick of it! He needs to be taught a lesson in the ring and this weekend that's exactly what I'm going to do!

Schiavone: David Sammartino ladies and gentlemen. Fans let's go to the ring for exciting tag team action.

The Steiner Brothers vs. Aaron Arbuckle and Lloyd London

The Steiner's get the crowd going with some high powered offense. Rick and Scott trade off with a variety of suplexes. Rick swings London to the ropes and nails him with a clothesline. Scott comes in and hits a backbreaker. Scott hoists London up on his shoulders, then tags in Rick. Rick jumps off the top rope and hits the bulldog to get the pin!

Commercial Break

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. Alex Portman

Idol swings Portman to the ropes and back drops him then jumps up and drops an elbow. Idol grabs Portman's leg and drops an elbow on it then wraps him up in the Las Vegas Leglock to get the submission win! Idol flexes his biceps and winks at the crowd. The crowd boos as Rock Riddle strolls out and points up at Idol. He starts yelling at Idol. Idol walks across the ring, towards him. Tom Prichard runs in the ring behind Idol but Idol turns around and punches away then swings Prichard to the ropes but Prichard grabs the ropes and slides out of the ring. Riddle comforts Prichard as Idol motions around his waist.

Schiavone: Oh my, fans, Tom Prichard will defend the TV title against Austin Idol, this weekend at the Spring Spectacular. Back to the ring as Tiger Jeet Singh makes his official television debut.

Tiger Jeet Singh vs. Brad Kimber

Singh runs around the ring, swinging his sword around at the fans. Singh runs into the ring and attacks Kimber before the bell rings. Singh stomps on Kimber then hits him several times with his sword. Kimber gets busted open as officials run in to stop this. The match never officially began. Singh looks into the camera and yells "Inoki!"

Commercial Break

Mark Youngblood vs. Alex Portman

Youngblood swings Portman to the ropes and puts him down with a thrust shot. Youngblood picks Portman up and swings him into the turnbuckles then follows with a running boot to the face. Portman staggers forward, spins around and falls down. Youngblood goes out on the apron and hits the Slingshot Splash for the pin! The fans cheer Mark as he heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Ok Mark, this weekend, it's you and the legendary Mil Mascaras facing the team of the Assassins led by the Original Assassin.

Mark: Tony, you know I've had problems with the Cobra and the Assassins. It seems the Assassin always sent in his team when I had the upper hand on the Cobra. Well, the same thing happened to my partner, Mil Mascaras the last time he faced the Cobra. Well this weekend, we get the Assassins and Assassin rest assured we're getting serious payback on your goons.

Commercial Break

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff vs. Gary Williams

Orndorff swings Williams to the ropes and hits the high knee then follows with a forearm drop. Orndorff scoop slams Williams then gives the signal as the crowd roars. Orndorff hoists Williams up and crashes him down with the piledriver to get the pin! The crowd roars as Orndorff flexes. Orndorff heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Mr. Wonderful, this weekend, it's you and Harley Race for the Mid Atlantic Championship.

Orndorff: Tony, I have waited patiently and now I finally get my shot at Harley Race and the Mid Atlantic Championship. Harley Race, you can kiss that title goodbye because it's going around my waist! You've attacked me and you have used my move, the piledriver on me. Come the Spring Spectacular, I'm going to piledrive your head right through the mat!

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Fans before we get to the big 6 man tag match, with me right now is JJ Dillon. JJ, you made a huge wave by bringing in King Kong Bundy and now it's Bundy taking on Ole Anderson this weekend.

JJ: Tony, I carried Ole Anderson for a long time. I made him relevant again and how does he thank me? By punching me! Ole, your days are numbered and your career is in serious jeopardy. When the walking path of destruction, King Kong Bundy gets his hands on you...well your just finished. I wont lie Tony, I'm going to take pleasure in seeing Ole suffer and suffer you will Ole.

Polynesian Power and Tony St. Clair vs. Caspian Empire and Billy Robinson

All 6 men start fighting as the bell rings. Polynesian and St. Clair swing Caspian and Robinson to the ropes and hit a triple back body drop, then follow with a triple drop kick, sending Caspian and Robinson through the ropes. Polynesian and St. Clair keep the momentum rolling until an eye gouge by Smirnoff on Tui stops it. Smirnoff swings Tui into the corner and Sheik and Robinson kick and choke him. Robinson and Sheik choke Tui as Smirnoff kicks away. Sakalia and St. Clair have enough and charge over. Everybody is brawling in the corner. The Ref loses control and signals for the bell, calling for a double disqualification. The bell is ringing as the men keep fighting.

Commercial Break

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Dave Penson

Duggan swings Penson to the ropes and knocks him down with a shoulder block. Duggan follows with a running knee drop. Duggan stomps around the ring then gets in a 3 point stance. Penson staggers up, Duggan charges and nails Penson with the running clothesline to get the pin! The fans cheer as Duggan heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Hacksaw Duggan, it's you and Stan Hansen for the vacant United States Title, this weekend in Philly.

Duggan: Stan Hansen! You want a fight, then come and get it! Don't think for one second you're going to leave me lying in the gutter. I'm going to knock you all around the ring and then I'm going to knock you out! When that's done, I'm going to be the one holding up the United States Title!

Schiavone: There you have it. Fans this weekend, Clash of the Champions, Spring Spectacular. Two nights, Baltimore and Philadelphia. BEEEEE THERE!

Clash of Champions: Spring Spectacular- Night 1, Baltimore Civic Center 4-19-86

NWA World Title Bout

Rick Martel © vs. Terry Taylor

United States Tag Team Title Bout

Stud Stable © vs. Rocky Johnson and Wildcat Wendell Cooley

Mid Atlantic Championship Bout

Harley Race © vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

Tiger Jeet Singh vs. Antonio Inoki

Mark Youngblood and Mil Mascaras vs The Assassins w/The Assassin

King Kong Bundy w/JJ Dillon vs. Ole Anderson

Bob Backlund vs. "The Great One" David Sammartino

Polynesian Power vs. Caspian Empire

Night 2- Philadelphia Civic Center- 4-20-86

For the United States Title

Hacksaw Duggan vs. Stan Hansen

TV Title Bout

"Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard © w/ Rock Riddle vs. "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol

NO DQ

Tony St. Clair vs. Billy Robinson

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka vs. Blackjack Mulligan

Winners get a US Tag Title Match

American Made vs. The Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant vs. Paul Jones- Johnny Rich will be locked inside a cage

The Cobra w/The Assassin vs. Sweet Brown Sugar

Rolling Thunder (Huber/Morales) vs. The Devil's Duo w/Paul Jones

I hope American Made can keep things together if they don't win that match. Race vs. Orndorff and Taylor vs. Martel should both be great matches. Johnson and Cooley have their hands full with the Stud Stable. St. Clair and Robinson has been a great feud and I expect it to stay that way. Snuka and Mulligan will settle their differences but I don't think it will be in Philly. Speaking of Philly, they get my favorite match of the bunch, Hansen vs. Duggan.

MACW presents Clash of Champions: Spring Spectacular Night 1- Baltimore Civic Center 4-19-86

Randy Rose vs. Nick Kiniski

Kiniski starts off fast with a series of hip tosses and drop kicks. Kiniski attempts a Thesz Press but Rose holds on, backs him up and drops his head on the top turnbuckle. Rose hits a fist drop from the 2nd turnbuckle to get the pin!

Polynesian Power vs. Caspian Empire

All four men are going at it. Polynesian swings Caspian to the ropes and send them flying out of the ring with double super kicks. The crowd roars as Caspian Empire regroup. Sakalia swings Sheik to the ropes and back drops him then follows with several elbow drops and tags in Tui. Tui fly's off the 2nd turnbuckle with an elbow drop and cover but Smirnoff breaks the count. Sakalia hits Smirnoff, the Ref guides Sakalia back to his corner. Smirnoff levels Tui and Sheik follows with a gut wrench suplex. Sheik body slams Tui and tags in Smirnoff, who crashes down on Tui with a forearm drop from the 2nd turnbuckle. Smirnoff swings Tui to the ropes and ducks down, Tui leapfrogs over, swings back off the ropes and hits Smirnoff with a drop kick then tags in Sakalia. Sakalia hits a guillotine drop, Sheik runs in and Sakalia back drops him. Sakalia grabs both of their heads and head butts them! After a couple minutes Smirnoff gets punched into his corner and tags in Sheik. Sheik charges but Sakalia hits him with a judo thrust. Smirnoff runs in but Tui cuts him off and punches him back to the corner. Tui climbs to the top rope. Sakalia hoists Sheik up and Samoan Drops him back. Tui follows with a flying elbow drop! The Ref is guiding Tui to his corner as Sakalia covers Sheik. Smirnoff gets up on the top turnbuckle and crashes down with a knee drop on Sakalia. Smirnoff puts Sheik on top of him. The Ref turns around and counts 1...2..3! Tui drops an elbow a second to late.

Bob Backlund vs. "The Great One" David Sammartino

Sammartino looks irritated as he argues with the fans, perhaps due to Jet Lag, as he's been flying back and forth to Canada. Sammartino catches Backlund by surprise as he attacks him when the bell rings. Sammartino body slams Backlund then stomps away. Sammartino picks up Backlund, swings him to the turnbuckles and follows with a knee to the mid section. Sammartino gut wrench suplexes Backlund back. Sammartino gets up but once again is distracted by the taunting fans. Sammartino puts one leg through the ropes and argues with the fans. Backlund staggers up, grabs Sammartino by the waist and back suplexes him. Backlund picks up Sammartino and body slams him. He swings Sammartino to the ropes and back drops him. He picks Sammartino up, runs around the ring and drops him with a running atomic drop to get the pin! Sammartino rolls out of the ring and crawls to the back. Backlund is jumping up and down, celebrating when WHAM! He's nailed from behind by...Brad Rheingans!?!?!? Brad picks up Backlund and belly to back suplexes him. Brad picks Backlund up and drops him with a gourdbuster! Brad then puts Backlund in the Kimura! He wrenches on the arm until officials run in to break it up. Brad stands up and looks down at Backlund with a smirk.

Mil Mascaras and Mark Youngblood vs. The Assassins w/The Assassin

Mil and Mark charge the ring and blast away on the Assassins as the Assassin bolts out of the ring. Mil starts off against Assassin 1. Mil body slams him then follows with a headstand headscissors. Mil hits a double underhook suplex then tags in Mark. Mark swings Assassin 1 to the ropes and hits a diving Thrust shot. Mark covers but Assassin 2 breaks the count. Mil runs in and drop kicks Assassin 2 back to his corner. Mark body slams Assassin 1, then gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops a knee. Mark covers but Assassin 2 drops a knee to the back of his head. Mil comes in but is guided back to his corner. The Assassins regroup and double team Mark in the corner. Assassin 2 is tagged in, they pick Mark up and drop him head first on the top rope. Assassin 2 grabs the top rope and drops several knees. Assassin 1 is tagged in and they hit a double stomach breaker. Assassin 1 covers but Mil breaks the count. Assassin 2 is tagged in and he drops a knee from the 2nd turnbuckle. Assassin 2 swings Mark to the ropes and ducks down, but Mark kicks him and tags in Mil. The crowd erupts as Mil hits Assassin 2 with a series of chops. Assassin 1 runs in but Mil chops him back to the corner. Mil swings Assassin 2 to the corner and follows with a monkey flip then puts Assassin 2 in a standing surfboard. Assassin 1 runs in and kicks Mil from behind. Mark charges in and chops away on Assassin 1, swings him into the corner and follows with a running boot to the face. Mil gets up on the top rope. Assassin 2 stands up and is met with a flying body press off the top rope for the 1..2..3!! The crowd cheers. The Assassin gets up on the apron and Mark chops him down.

King Kong Bundy w/JJ Dillon vs. Ole Anderson

Nothing pretty here as Ole runs into the ring and punches away on Bundy. JJ tries to interfere but when Ole cocks back to hit him, JJ runs for his life. Ole keeps punching Bundy but Bundy rakes the eyes, swings Ole to the ropes and sends him flying back with a shoulder block. Bundy body slams Ole then drops a gigantic elbow on Ole's banged up ribs. Bundy covers but lifts him up as JJ instructs him to punish him more. Bundy swings Ole into the turnbuckles, nods at JJ then charges in but Ole moves as Bundy crashes into the turnbuckles. Ole regroups and kicks away on Bundy's leg. Ole grabs the ropes and mercilessly kicks away at the leg. Bundy slowly falls back. Ole gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops a knee to Bundy's leg. JJ gets up on the apron and the crowd cheers as Ole grabs him by the shirt and throws him into the ring. Ole grabs JJ and the crowd comes unglued as Ole nails JJ with a right fist, sending him flying across the ring and through the ropes. Bundy nails Ole from behind. Bundy limps around then drops a big knee on the ribs. Bundy picks up Ole, swings him into the turnbuckles and charges in with a huge corner splash. Bundy grabs Ole and body slams him, then swings off the ropes and hits the Avalanche for the 1..2..3! Bundy goes out and carries JJ to the back. Ole is helped out by trainees but gets a big ovation from the fans.

United States Tag Team Title Bout

Stud Stable © vs. Rocky Johnson and Wildcat Wendell Cooley

The Stud Stable look arrogant tonight as they show off their glitter robes and titles in front of Johnson and Cooley. Golden starts off with Cooley. Cooley hip tosses Golden several times then hits a drop kick. Fuller runs in and gets hip tossed by Cooley and drop kicked by Johnson. Golden charges Cooley but gets back dropped. Cooley tags in Johnson. Johnson swings Golden to the ropes and Golden gets back dropped again. Fuller runs in and a right fist by Johnson sends him back to the corner. Golden nails Johnson from behind, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a hard right fist. Golden tags in Fuller. They double body slam Johnson then Fuller follows with a knee drop and cover but Cooley breaks it up. As the Ref is guiding Cooley back to the corner, The Stud Stable swing Johnson to the ropes, kick him in the mid section and double suplex him back. Fuller tags in Golden. Golden hits a fist drop and covers but Johnson kicks out. Golden picks Johnson up and gives him a neckbreaker then tags in Fuller. Fuller taunts the fans then positions Johnson for the piledriver but Johnson back drops him! The crowd cheers as Johnson rolls over and tags in Cooley. Cooley levels Fuller, Golden runs in but Cooley drop kicks him into the turnbuckles. Cooley swings Fuller to the ropes and clotheslines him then drops an elbow and covers 1..2..NO! Golden drops a knee. Cooley tags in Johnson. Johnson hits a backbreaker on Fuller then rolls him over for the Boston Crab! Golden swings off the ropes and hits Johnson with a boot to the face. Cooley runs in and nails Golden with a running forearm blast. Johnson tags in Cooley. Fuller runs away and tags in Golden. Golden comes in and Cooley kicks him, then hoists him up in a vertical suplex position but Fuller runs in and clips the knee. Golden crashes down on Cooley 1..2..NO! Johnson with the save. Fuller runs in but Johnson sends him flying through the ropes with a high drop kick. Golden gets up and pushes Johnson, Johnson pushes him back as Cooley rolls up Golden 1..2..3!!!! NEW US TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!! The fans roar as Johnson and Cooley embrace. The Ref gives them the belts and they hold them up high to the cheering crowd.

Antonio Inoki vs. Tiger Jeet Singh

This match has a lot of international buzz. The fans boo as Singh comes down the aisle, swinging his sword around like a madman. A Japanese photographer gets in the way and Singh pushes him down. The Announcer and Ref run out of the ring as Singh swings his sword at them. The boos turn to cheers as Inoki heads down the aisle. Inoki stares up at Singh and Singh is waving him in. Inoki gets in the ring, Singh swings his sword at him, Inoki ducks, kicks Singh, gets behind him, grabs his waist and suplexes him back as the sword fly's out of the ring. The bell rings as the Ref gets inside. Inoki swings Singh to the ropes and drop kicks him, then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a diving knee drop. Inoki covers but Singh kicks out. Inoki works over Singh's mid section then swings him to the ropes and wraps him in the Cobra Twist. Singh is screaming in pain as the Ref asks if he wants to submit. Singh is actually able to hip toss Inoki over then rakes his eyes with his boot. Singh spends time regrouping then chokes Inoki with his boot. Singh grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Inoki then jumps down and bites his forehead. Singh keeps this up as Inoki starts to bleed. Singh slams Inoki's head several times on the top turnbuckle then clotheslines him down. Singh gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and goes for a knee drop but Inoki moves as Singh crashes down. Inoki gets fired up and hammers away on Singh with bare knuckle punches. Inoki follows with several knee drops on the head and busts Singh open. Inoki swings Singh into the ropes and clamps on the sleeper! Singh's arms are flailing around and hits the Ref. The Ref goes down, after a moment Inoki drops Singh and checks on the Ref. Singh rolls out of the ring. After a moment, Singh finds his sword. Singh goes into the ring as Inoki is helping the Ref up. Singh goes to swing at Inoki but Inoki kicks Singh, grabs the sword and hits Singh! The Ref sees this and calls for the bell, Disqualifying Inoki. Inoki is trying to explain what happened but the Ref is waving his arms. Inoki throws the sword down, picks up Singh and delivers a fallaway slam. The crowd cheers as Inoki leaves the ring.

Mid Atlantic Title Bout

Harley Race © vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

These two have quite the stare down as the Ref is giving them instructions. Race points at Paul as he give the title to the ref. The bell rings and they trade forearm shots. Paul gets the upper hand, swings Race to the ropes and gives him a high knee. Race goes back and though the ropes as the crowd cheers. Race gets angry and again points up at Paul. Paul controls the early portion of the match. Race takes a big swing at Paul but Paul ducks and gives Race a belly to back suplex. Paul covers 1..2..Race kicks out. Paul frustrates Race with a series of arm drag and head lock takeovers. Race finally gets in control with an eye gouge followed by a headbutt. Race grabs Paul and gives him a belly to belly suplex then follows with a diving headbutt and cover but Paul kicks out. Race lifts Paul up in the vertical suplex position, holds him there, then drops him back. Race covers 1..2..Paul kicks out. Race gets frustrated, scoop slams Paul, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop but still cant put Paul away. Race hits the pendulum backbreaker and covers 1..2..NO! The fans cheer as Paul kicks out. Race has enough and sets Paul up for the piledriver but Paul back drops Race over the top rope and onto the outside! The fans go wild as Paul regroups. Race finally gets up on the apron. Paul grabs him and suplexes him back into the ring. Paul hits a backbreaker then goes to the 2nd turnbuckle and nails Race with a forearm drop and cover 1..2..Race gets his foot on the ropes. Paul hits a German suplex, and follows with a diving knee drop and cover 1..2..Race kicks out! Paul picks Race up but Race rakes the eyes and swings Paul to the ropes, Race misses a clothesline attempt and Paul comes back off the ropes with a flying press, Race catches him and the momentum carries both men over the top rope. They're both laying on the outside. The Ref is hesitant to start the count. He finally has no choice and starts counting. They both get up. Race grabs Paul by his hair and heads for the steel post but Paul blocks it, grabs Race by his hair and rams him into the steel post just as the Ref counts to 10. The result is a double count out! Race is on the ground bleeding as Paul hears the official decision. Paul puts his hands on his waist in disappointment as the Ref puts the belt on Race's chest.

NWA World Heavyweight Title Bout

Rick Martel © vs. Terry Taylor

The two start with a handshake then lock up. The first few minutes is a feel out process as both men trade takedowns. The big turning point happens when Martel hits a spinning spinebuster out of nowhere. Martel covers 1..2..Taylor barley gets his shoulder up. Martel turns it up and hits a double underhook suplex but Taylor kicks out. Martel controls the next few minutes. He grabs Taylor but Taylor drops him with a Jaw Breaker! The shift changes and Taylor capitalizes. Taylor swings Martel to the ropes and back drops him then grabs Martel and executes a sit out gutwrench powrebomb! 1..2..NO! Martel barley gets his shoulder up. Taylor knows he almost had the title won. Taylor works on the back, hits a back breaker, then puts Martel in the Scorpion Hold (Sharpshooter)! The crowd is alive as the Ref is asking Martel if he wants to submit. Martel fights like crazy and is able to reach the ropes. Taylor breaks the hold. Taylor cant believe it. Taylor grabs Martel's legs and pulls him to the center of the ring. Taylor gets up on the turnbuckles and jumps off, going for a forearm drop but Martel moves. Taylor crashes down, giving Martel a much needed rest. Martel picks up Taylor and gives him a backbreaker then rolls him over in the Boston Crab! The crowd is yelling as the Ref asks Taylor if he wants to submit. Taylor fights hard as he makes it to the ropes. Martel breaks the hold and now he cant believe it. Martel goes to the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a diving knee drop and covers 1..2.No! Taylor kicks out. Martel hits a belly to back suplex, then picks Taylor up and into the airplane spin but Taylor fights his way out quick, grabs Martel by his waist and suplexes him back. Both men are lying next to each other. They slowly get up, Taylor grabs Martel and hits the swinging neckbreaker! Taylor covers 1..2..NO! Martel gets his foot on the ropes. Taylor cant believe it as the crowd yells "OH" Taylor slowly gets up, picks up Martel and swings him into the turnbuckles then charges in with a high knee but Martel moves. Taylor hits hard and falls back. Martel gets out on the apron and hits the Sling Shot Splash 1..2..3!!! The bell rings. Rick Martel has retained the NWA World Title! The fans cheer as the Ref hands an exhausted Rick Martel the title belt. Martel helps Taylor up. Taylor is exhausted and disappointed. Taylor offers his hand, Martel shakes it, then the embrace as the crowd cheers.

What a card!

Love the finish in the opener.

Rheingans vs Backlund should be a really good feud featuring a lot of scientific wrestling, but with a clear good guy/bad guy dynamic.

Ole may have lost his match, but at least he got some revenge on Dillon.

NEW US TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!! Those glitter robes don't look so good without the tag belts to go with them.

I think that's exactly how I would have booked Antonio Inoki vs. Tiger Jeet Singh in America. Emphasizing Singh's strengths and downplaying his weaknesses, Heyman style.

Nice finish to a very good Mid Atlantic Title Bout, letting Race keep the title but making Orndorff look strong.

If you are gonna go face vs face in the main event of a big show, it better be an excellent match... and Martel and Taylor definitely delivered with some great near-falls and a nice show of class at the end.

Clash of Champions was a great show and really helps the NWA get a nice foothold in moving North if they so choose.

-I hope Polynesian Power gets another shot. If you look at any promos from Tui he was really good.

-Bob Backlund gets win but can he handle the former Olympian. The feud here would not get people out of their seats but it is a turning point in Backlund's career. He comes out on top he is ready for bigger things... if not.... it could be all over.

-Poor Ole failing in his last shot at Dillion.

-I must say that I was surprised the Stud Stable went down but that is perfect! Cooley has deserved more in this game and I am really happy you gave it to him.

-The semi main and the main event were perfectly booked in my opinion. I can't wait for more Ornforff vs Race and a nice showcase of the World title with two great wrestlers would be awesome to watch. I am not sure all of the people of Baltimore agree. I have been there a few times and it seems like a rough town. They might want to see two guys bash each others heads in.

Found it really interesting that you opted for a heel Brad Rheingans as I don't remember ever seeing him working heel. But I think it's gonna be pretty fun to watch.

Also surprised to see the Stud Stable dropping the US Tag Titles to Rocky Johnson & Wendell Cooley but it's gonna make their chase back for the title even better. Great job overall again! :)

Great show as always! Big win for Cooley and Johnson. The Stable won't stand for this I'm sure.

Bundy establishes himself as a top heel taking down Ole.

I agree it's going to be fun seeing a heel Brad Rheingans. I think it suits his demeanor and should be great especially against Backlund.

I loved the title match between Race and Orndorff...very well done.

Great technical match for the main event between Taylor and Martel.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Rheingans is an experiment I've been wanting to do for awhile and the timing finally worked out. I've got some things planned for his scientific heel character that I hope gets him over. Backlund has been quietly winning a lot of matches but I'm hoping this feud can bring them both up a notch. I want to keep Backlund up there, because at this point in time, I feel he still has a lot to offer.

I paired up Johnson and Cooley just because I thought they would make a fun team and now I've pulled the trigger with them. A lot of heel teams are going to be gunning for them.

Don't worry Kev, Polynesian Power wont be sliding down the card. I love this team and think they can give Mid Atlantic a good shot of adrenaline.

As for booking the face vs. face NWA title bout, not something I would normally do at a big event, but I really wanted to write an exciting clean match and I figured Martel and Taylor could pull it off. I hope I gave the fans in Baltimore enough heated matches to balance things out.

Night 2 is coming up soon.

MACW Presents Clash of Champions: Spring Spectacular Night 2- Philadelphia Civic Center 4-20-86

The Steiner Brothers vs. Mike Sharpe and Pat Rose

Steiner's just over power Sharpe and Rose the entire match. Rick swings Rose to the ropes and hits the back elbow smash. Scott comes in and hits a super fallaway slam, then tags in Rick, who goes to the top turnbuckle. Scott hoists Rose up on his shoulders and Rick hits the bulldog off the top rope to get the pin and the crowd going!

Sweet Brown Sugar vs. The Cobra w/The Assassin

Cobra swings Sugar to the ropes and bends down, Sugar leapfrogs over, turns around and drop kicks Cobra, Cobra gets up and is drop kicked through the ropes. The crowd cheers as the Assassin calms Cobra down. Cobra charges in and is taken over with an arm drag, Sugar puts on the hammerlock and drops several knees on Cobra's arm. Assassin gets on the apron. Sugar releases the hold and walks towards the Assassin. They're arguing when Cobra runs up and hits Sugar from behind. Cobra hits Sugar with a spin kick that sends Sugar outside the ring. The Ref is pushing Cobra back when Assassin runs over and kicks Sugar. Assassin hoists Sugar on the apron. Cobra grabs Sugar and suplexes him back in the ring. Cobra gets on the top rope and goes for the Senton but Sugar moves. Sugar regroups, body slams Cobra and hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and crashes down with a diving headbutt. Sugar covers 1..2..NO! Assassin puts Cobra's foot on the rope. The Ref is looking down at the Assassin and questioning him. Sugar gets up and points down at Assassin. Cobra crawls up from behind and hits Sugar with a low blow. Cobra picks up Sugar and crashes him down with a kneeling reverse piledriver to get the pin!

Rolling Thunder vs. The Devil's Duo

Paul Jones is not out here with the Duo, as he's probably in the back getting ready for his match later on. The Duo charge over but Morales and Huber fire back. Fists are flying as they punch the Duo out of the ring. Sword starts off with Morales. Sword swings Morales to the ropes, misses a clothesline attempt, Morales swings back and sends Sword flying with a running shoulder block. Morales picks up Sword and body slams him then tags in Huber. Huber drops a knee and covers but Vines breaks the count. Morales sends Vines flying back with a hard right fist. Huber swings Sword to the ropes and back drops him then follows with an elbow drop and cover 1..2..Vines hits a forearm drop on the back of the head. Sword tags in Vines. Vines stomps away on Huber then gets down and chokes him. Vines grabs the top rope and stomps away on Huber. Vines tags in Sword. Sword goes to the top rope. Vines hits a backbreaker and Sword jumps down with a boot stomp to the gut. The Duo both start stomping down on Huber until Morales runs in and starts hammering away on the Duo. Morales goes back to his corner. The Duo don't make a tag as Vines just grabs Huber and swings him to the ropes but Huber just steamrolls into him. Huber backs up and falls to tag in Morales. Morales swings Vines to the ropes and back drops him. Sword runs in and gets back dropped. Sword gets up and Morales knocks him through the ropes with his Caribbean knee lift. Morales tags in Huber. Morales swings off the ropes and hits a senton on Vines, Huber follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..3! The crowd cheers as Morales and Huber shake hands and lift each other's arms in victory.

NO DQ Match

Tony St. Clair vs. Billy Robinson

Here we have two of the greatest technical wrestlers, brawling in a No DQ match. They just pound away on each other and end up fighting on the outside. They brawl all around the ring until Billy rakes the eyes and slams Tony's head on the apron. Billy grabs a cord, wraps it around Tony's neck and chokes away. Tony is able to snapmare Billy over. Tony regroups, grabs the cord and starts choking Billy. Tony drops the cord and body slams Billy on the concrete! The fans roar. Tony rolls Billy into the ring. Tony gets up on the top rope and dives down but Billy moves. Both men are lying next to each other. Billy drags Tony to the apron, grabs the ropes and kicks Tony out of the ring. Billy jumps off the apron and drops a boot on Tony. Billy picks Tony up and suplexes him back on the concrete! Billy smiles, then grabs a chair and throws it into the ring. Billy throws Tony into the ring. Billy slowly gets into the ring and picks up the chair. He walks towards Tony but Tony gets up and hits a heels first drop kick on the chair, which smashes into Billy's face, sending him down. The crowd roars as Tony gets fired up. Tony picks up Billy and body slams him on the chair. Tony grabs the chair and sets it on top of Billy. Tony gets up on the top turnbuckle, adjusts his knee pad, then jumps off and lands a knee drop on top of the chair! Billy is busted open. Tony covers 1..2..3! The crowd cheers as the Ref raises Tony's arm in victory.

Winners get a Tag Team US Title Shot

American Made vs. The Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

Kernodle wants this bad as he punches away on Crews. He pushes Crews in the corner and stomps him down aggressively. He grabs Crews and suplexes him back then tags in Kirchner. Kirchner picks up Crews, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a clothesline, then follows with a fist drop and cover 1..2..NO! Timbs drops a knee to break the count. Kernodle runs in and blasts Timbs with a running forearm blast, sending Timbs into the corner. Kernodle charges in with a running knee. Riddle is yelling at the Ref to get Kernodle back to his corner. Kernodle yells at Riddle then goes back to his corner. Kirchner swings Crews to the ropes, Crews tries to leapfrog over him but doesn't get high enough and takes it low. Crews goes down in pain. The Ref is checking on Crews. Kernodle is yelling at Kirchner to keep on him. Kirchner points down at Crews and puts his hands in the air at Kernodle. Kernodle is jumping up and down, telling Kirchner to stay on him. While Kirchner and Kernodle are having words, Crews rolls over in pain and tags in Timbs. Timbs runs across the ring and hits a high knee on Kirhner, knocking him into Kernodle, who fly's off the apron. Timbs rolls up Kirchner 1..2..3! Riddle is beside himself as he is celebrating. He is telling Crews they won the match. Timbs and Riddle help Crews out. Kirchner is dazed as he stands up. Kernodle finally gets into the ring. Kernodle is yelling at the Ref. The Ref is explaining what happened. Kernodle starts to loose it. Kirchner walks up from behind to try and calm Kernodle down. In a moment of rage Kernodle turns around and hits Kirchner. Kernodle realizes what he did and calms himself down. He picks Kirchner up and tells him he didn't mean to do it. Kirchner gives him a hard look and questions him. Kernodle apologizes again and offers his hand. Kirchner takes a moment and looks around, then looks at Kernodle and nods, then shakes his hand. They walk out together.

"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant vs. Paul Jones- Johnny Rich will be locked inside a cage

The cage is set up by the ring. Jones and Rich are throwing a fit. Rich tells the Ref "I'm not getting in that cage!" After a few minutes of arguing and stalling, wrestlers from the back come out and help the Ref put Rich in the cage. The crowd cheers as the Ref locks the door. Rich is shaking the cage and throwing a tantrum. The crowd gives a huge pop as Valiant dances down the aisle. Valiant gets in the ring as Jones runs out. Jones has a terrified look as the Ref tells him to get back in the ring. After more stalling, Jones finally gets in the ring. The Ref grabs his cane and tosses it to the outside. Jones yells at the Ref. The bell rings and Valiant starts clapping his hands and dancing. Jones tries to run through the ropes but Valiant grabs his tights and pulls him back in. Valiant grabs Jones and punches away on him. The crowd cheers as Valiant grabs Jones's by his head and bites his forehead. Rich is in the cage throwing a huge fit. Valiant picks up Jones and body slams him hard. Jones holds his back and screams in pain. Valiant swings off the ropes and drops a jumping elbow, the Ref counts 1..2..3!! The crowd roars! Rich is shaking the cage. Valiant smiles and goes to the outside. He picks up Jones's cane and taps the cage with it. Rich is screaming at Valiant. Valiant gets back in the ring. The crowd is cheering as Valiant points the cane at Jones. Valiant looks at the crowd and they stand up and cheer him on. Valiant dances towards Jones with the cane. WHAM! Valiant is attacked from behind by...Rip Oliver! Oliver stomps away on Valiant. Oliver grabs the cane and starts hitting Valiant several times with it. Oliver gets up on the turnbuckles and crashes down, hitting Valiant's head with the cane. Valiant is busted open. Jones staggers over and tells Oliver to continue. Oliver picks up a deadweight Valiant and drops him hard with a DDT! Jones raises Oliver's arm to the chorus of boos.

TV Title Bout

"The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard © vs. "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol

The bell rings and they have a heated exchange. Idol gets the upper and punches away on Tom, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Idol drops an elbow and covers but Tom kicks out. Idol swings Tom to the ropes and back drops him, Tom bounces out of the ring. Riddle runs over to calm him. Tom gets up on the apron, Idol nails him with a forearm and suplexes him back in the ring. Idol gets up on the turnbuckles and goes for a knee drop but Tom moves. Tom regroups and stomps away on the knee. Tom gets up on the turnbuckles and crashes down with a forearm drop. Tom tells Riddle he's going to finish him off. Tom picks up Idol and hits a gutwrench powerbomb, 1..2..No! Idol barley gets his shoulder up. Riddle is yelling at the Ref while holding up 3 fingers. Tom just starts stomping on Idol. Tom hoists Idol up on the turnbuckles. Tom gets on the 2nd turnbuckles and hits a superplex! Idol rolls to the side in pain. Tom says "It's over!" and covers 1..2..NO! Idol barley gets his foot on the rope. Tom and Riddle are furious. Tom gets up on the top rope and leaps off, going for a splash but Idol moves. Tom crashes down on the canvas while Idol gets a much needed rest. Idol uses the ropes to help himself up. Riddle noticeable keeps looking at his watch. The fans start rallying behind Idol. Idol starts shaking his fists. Idol drops several knees on Tom. Idol picks up Tom and gives him a Shin Breaker. Idol grabs Tom's boot and slams his leg on the canvas. Idol grabs the leg with both hands and flips over, snapping the leg back. Tom is screaming in pain. Idol signals to the cheering crowd, then clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock! Riddle is jumping up and down and throwing a fit. Idol wrenches away. The Ref is asking Tom if he wants to submit. The crowd is roaring. Tom Prichard submits!!! The Ref signals for the bell. The fans go wild! Idol raises his arms in victory. The Ref hands him the title. Idol holds it up high to the cheering crowd. Idol winks and gives a bicep pose with one arm while holding the title with the other. Riddle is frantically talking with an official. The official is talking with the Ref. They both talk to the ring announcer. The Ref goes over to Idol and is explaining the situation.

Announcer: Ladies and Gentleman, I've just been informed that due to the rules regarding a Television title match, the title was only on the line during the first 10 minutes. The match went over that time limit, therefore Austin Idol wins the match but Tom Prichard is still the Television Champion.

Idol cant believe it as the fans let out a thundering boo. Idol reluctantly gives the Ref the title. Riddle runs over and grabs it. Riddle helps Tom up and raises his arm to the booing crowd.

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka vs. Blackjack Mulligan

It doesn't take a long time before these two are a bloody mess. It's been a back and forth brawl the entire time. After about 10 minutes, Mulligan eye gouges Snuka, kicks him, swings him to the ropes and hits his flying back elbow smash. Mulligan drags Snuka to the ropes and chokes him on the bottom rope. Mulligan grabs the top rope and drops several knees. Mulligan swings Snuka to the ropes and puts him down with a vicious driving shoulder block. Mulligan drops a knee and covers 1..2..Snuka kicks out. Mulligan picks Snuka up, swings him into the turnbuckles and charges in but Snuka lifts both feet and kicks Mulligan down. The crowd cheers Snuka on. Snuka fires up. Mulligan staggers to his feet and Snuka gives him a series of knife edge chops. Snuka grabs Mulligan by his head, jumps up and head butts him down. Snuka swings off the ropes and hits a diving headbutt. Snuka hits a backbreaker then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle. Snuka goes for a diving headbutt but Mulligan moves as Snuka crashes down on the canvas. Both men are lying there as the Ref starts the 10 count. They start to stagger up and both men rise at the count of 9. They start trading punches again. Both men are bleeding profusely. Snuka starts to get the upper hand, he chops Mulligan then swings him into the turnbuckles. Snuka charges in, Mulligan moves. Snuka crashes into the turnbuckles, Mulligan grabs him from behind and rolls him up while grabbing the tights but Snuka carries the momentum over and pulls Mulligan's tights, 1..2..3! The crowd erupts as Snuka wins this bloody battle! Mulligan stands up and swings at Snuka but Snuka chops him, grabs his head and headbutts him out of the ring. The fans continue to cheer as Snuka lifts his bloody face up and smiles to the crowd.

For The United States Championship

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Stan Hansen

The crowd gives a huge pop as Hacksaw Duggan storms to the ring. Duggan is stomping around the ring while waiting for his opponent. A big commotion comes over the crowd as Stan Hansen barges down the aisle, swinging his cowbell around. Hansen gets into the ring and stares at Duggan, Duggan is ready for the fight. Hansen pushes the ring announcer then takes the microphone.

Hansen: I want to make one thing perfectly clear, Stan Hansen has never backed down from a fight and damn it, never will. I'm not afraid of anybody, especially you Jim Duggan. However, tonight is a different story. I have been offered a truck load of money to give up my spot tonight. This piece of paper in my hand has all the legal mumbo jumbo details. Now everybody knows I have a wife and 9 kids to feed and with this amount of money, I can stuff their little faces for a very long time. The man's name who will be taking my spot is written at the bottom of this piece of paper. You people can work this out.

Hansen throws the microphone and paper at the announcer, gives a yell and flashes the 'Bullhorn' sign and leaves the ring to thundering boos. Duggan is steaming and is yelling at the announcer. Jim Crockett gets in the ring and looks over the paper. He's in a state of shock but realizes this is legal and talks it over with Duggan. Duggan grabs the microphone.

Duggan: I came here for a fight and to win the United States Title. I don't care who it is, send him out and lets do this!

Crockett gives the okay to the Ref and Announcer, as the crowd continues to boo and wait in anticipation.

Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, competing for the United States Championship....Ted Dibiase!

Dibiase strolls down the aisle with a huge, cocky and arrogant smile. The fans are taken back. Dibiase enters the ring and the confidence just oozes off him. Duggan is a bit shocked but after some choice words by Dibiase, Duggan is ready to fight. This is unreal as the Ref shows the US title then holds it up to the crowd. Dibiase walks over and grabs the title, smiles as he stares at it. He looks over at Duggan, holds it up and says "This is coming home with me" then lets out his menacing laugh. The crowd is in a frenzy. The bell rings and Duggan barrels Ted over. Ted staggers up and Duggan pounds away with alternating jabs and crosses. Duggan swings Ted to the ropes and nails him with a leaping shoulder block that sends Ted bumping through the ropes. The crowd roars as Ted wobbles up then falls back down. Duggan is on fire. He goes to the outside, hammers away on Ted then throws him back in the ring. Duggan scoop slams Ted, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop. Duggan picks up Ted and atomic drops him, Ted is standing up, swaying back and forth when Duggan puts him down with a clothesline. Duggan covers 1..2..Ted gets a foot on the rope. Duggan picks up Ted and swings him into the turnbuckles. Duggan charges in but Ted hits him with a back elbow and follows with a running clothesline. Duggan is down. Ted is on his knees trying to regroup. Ted slowly gets up, swings back off the ropes and connects with a delayed fist drop. Ted backs up and comes down with a jumping stomp to the face. Ted picks Duggan up and drops him back with a vertical suplex. Ted laughs and motions that this is it. Ted covers 1..2..Duggan kicks out! Ted yells at the Ref. Ted picks up Duggan and turns him over and slams him down with a scoop powerslam. Ted hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits an elbow drop. Ted says "One More" Ted goes to the top rope and leaps off with an elbow drop but Duggan moves. Ted crashes down as the crowd cheers Duggan on. Duggan starts stomping his foot as the crowd claps along. Duggan picks up Ted, runs around the ring and drops him with a powerslam of his own. Duggan covers 1..2..Ted rakes the eyes as he kicks out. Both men stagger up. Out of nowhere, Ted clamps on the sleeper! Duggan is fighting it. Ted jumps up on Duggan's back and continues to apply the pressure. Duggan runs backwards, the Ref gets sandwiched in between as Duggan crashes Ted into the turnbuckles. The Ref goes down. Ted is slumped in the corner. Duggan falls forward. The crowd starts clapping for Duggan again. Duggan uses the ropes to help himself up. Ted slowly stands and staggers forward and is nailed by a running Spear from Duggan! The crowd is going bonkers. Duggan backs up to the opposite corner and gets in a 3 point stance. Duggan waits, Ted is out of it as he stands up. Duggan charges in but WHAM!! He's cut off and clotheslined with a cowbell from Stan Hansen!!!! The crowd is in riot mode. Hansen grabs Ted and puts him on Duggan. Hansen pulls the Ref up by his shirt and throws him over. Hansen leaves as he's pelted with garbage. The Ref slowly rises up 1.....2.....3!!!! The bell rings. Ted is still disoriented, but sort of snaps out of it when an official hands him the US title. Ted slowly rises, smiles big and holds up the US title, as the ring is filling up with garbage. Ted Dibiase is the new United States Champion!

Cooley and Johnson with a big win. I'm looking forward to Rheingans/Backlund too. Will it make Rheingans at the expense of Backlund or rejuvenate his career? Harley and Orndorff did not disappoint. Martel and Taylor cap off a great show with a show of respect after a great match.

American Made is coming apart at the seams. St. Clair with a big win over Robinson but I think Robinson will have more to say about it. Rip Oliver coming to Paul Jones' aid is certainly a surprise for Valiant. Loved the main event and it's great to see Ted in a feud with Duggan right off the bat.

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 4-26-86

The show opens with Ted Dibiase holding the US Title in the Philadelphia Civic Center Locker Room.

Dibiase: (Laughing) Well, well, well, here I am (Laughs again) and I'm holding the United States Championship. Yes, all the rumors are true. I am the man who the Crockett's gave the most lucrative contract in Mid Atlantic history to. I now have more money than I know what to do with. I want to assure the Crockett's that their money was very well spent and they made the best investment of their lives. Trust me, I'm worth every dollar they shelled out and believe me it was a lot of dollars (another laugh) As a matter of fact from this moment forward I want all the low class minimum waging fans to refer to me as The Million Dollar Man! (long laugh) Now, all this money can buy me a lot of things and the proof is right here on my shoulder (taps the title) So get ready NWA because The Million Dollar Man, Ted Dibiase is here and people I'm just getting warmed up. (Laughs as the camera fades)

Live in the Studio

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. Back with me is David Crockett. Well David, the Spring Spectacular was a history making event as we just witnessed. I know you were just as shocked as I was.

Crockett: Indeed I was Tony. Yes, Ted Dibiase is the new United States Champion. And yes, he was the wrestler my brother and I were in negotiations with. Apparently he had himself some expensive lawyers as they were able to finagle his way into the US title match with Hacksaw Duggan. The contract was legal so the decision must stand. However we will hear from Hacksaw Duggan later on as he has something to say.

Schiavone: An unbelievable turn of events. Well we also have new US Tag Team Champs as the team of Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley defeated the Stud Stable during the Spring Spectacular. A lot of things happened during the event and we will be covering those things throughout the show. We have a lot of action for you fans tonight as The Assassins will meet the Steiner Brothers. After an outstanding performance with the World Champ, Rick Martel , Terry Taylor will square off against David Sammartino tonight. Tom Prichard will be here live to defend the TV title against Kelly Kiniski.

Crockett: We will also be hearing from our representatives in the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup Tournament. That and a lot more, lets go to the ring.

Sweet Brown Sugar vs. Tim Straw

Sugar gets the fans going with a flying leg scissors take over. Sugar swings Straw to the ropes and hits a back drop followed by a body slam. Sugar gets up on the top turnbuckles and nails Straw with a missile drop kick to get the pin!

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Fans, a couple weeks ago the Stud Stable injured Billy Travis while his partner, Joe Savoldi was wrestling in Puerto Rico. That incident kept the team of Hot Property out of their US tag title match. Mid Atlantic feels Hot Property deserves a title shot, so on May 3rd they will get an NWA National Tag Team Title shot at the Midnight Express. Hot Property will return to action next week. Back to the ring.

Brad Rheingans vs. Lou Simms

The fans boo Brad but he manages to put on a wrestling clinic with various takedowns and suplexes. Brad hits Simms with a Cutter then picks him up and executes a Bridging Cradle Suplex for the pin! Brad heads to the podium.

Crockett: Well, welcome to Mid Atlantic Mr. Rheingans. I have to say I was really surprised at your actions during the Spring Spectacular. Why did you target Bob Backlund.

Brad: First of all, thank you for addressing me as Mister. A man with my reputation deserves that kind of respect. I would like to remain Mr. Brad Rheingans from here on out. Now to answer your question. Nobody in the entire NWA has the wrestling background and credentials that I have. I'm the real deal when it comes to wrestling. I'm here in Mid Atlantic to expose all these so called wrestlers for what they really are and they are shams. Bob Backlund parades around here like he's the greatest All American wrestler of all time. That makes me sick and he's no longer going to do that on my watch. Backlund, if you want to be exposed than sign your name on the dotted line because I'm the man who will expose you!

Crockett: Mr. Brad Rheingans with some choice words for Bob Backlund. Back to the ring.

Fabulous Blondes w/ Rock Riddle vs. Roger Murphy and Larry O'Meara

The number one contenders to the US tag titles, the Fabulous Blondes look sharp tonight as they swing Murphy to the ropes and put him down with a double elbow smash. Crews backs up then mows over Murphy with a shoulder tackle. Timbs comes in and hits a running high knee then tags Crews back in. They grab Murphy and put him down with a Double Front Face drop to get the pin! Riddle runs in and pushes the Ref's hand away, then raises the Blondes arms in victory.

Commercial Break

Rip Oliver w/Paul Jones vs. Todd Rooney

Rip kicks and stomps away on Rooney. Rip swings Rooney to the ropes and hits a clothesline then drops a knee and chokes away. Jones is loving this and encourages Rip to do more. Rip chokes Rooney against the ropes then body slams him. Rip gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle. Rooney staggers up and Rip levels him with a flying clothesline to get the pin! Jones leads Rip to the podium.

Schiavone: Well Paul Jones, looks like you have a new member of the army. I know courtesy of Rip Oliver, Jimmy Valiant is still healing at home. Rip, the last time I saw you, you had a full head of hair.

Oliver: Shut up Schiavone! You don't need to worry about that. The only person who should be worried is Jimmy Valiant. Number 1 here, brought me in to put Jimmy Valiant out of wrestling and that's what I intend to do!

Jones: I am so proud of myself because once again I've proven how much smarter I am than that stooge Jimmy Valiant. This man right here is going to finally rid me of that stupid thorn in my side, Jimmy Valiant. Now, my army is getting bigger, better and stronger because I would like to bring out my new tag team, please welcome Randy Rose and Johnny Rich, the Southern Ramblers!

Rose and Rich walk out to the podium.

Jones: Johnny, you have seen what I have done with your career and now putting you with this incredible talent in Randy Rose, well, championships are coming soon. The Southern Ramblers are going straight to the top and no team is going to stop them, nobody!

The Devil's Duo walk out with puzzled looks.

Vines: Paul, what's going on here?

Sword: Yea Paul, you told us we were getting the title shots.

Jones: Boys, I'm glad you came out. I'm going to make this simple. You haven't lived up to my expectations. You're out and the Southern Ramblers are in. You don't have my services anymore. We're through! So if you don't mind.

Vines: Yea, we do mind!

The Duo grab Jones! Rich, Rose and Oliver attack the Duo. They stomp away then throw them in the ring. Oliver checks on Jones. The Ramblers double body slam Sword then double body slam Vines. They climb up opposite turnbuckles and each hit a flying fist drop on the Duo.

Commercial Break

Rolling Thunder vs. Bill Richards and Clyde Putnam

Morales and Huber swing Putnam to the ropes and hit a double back drop. Morales follows with a Caribbean knee lift then tags in Huber. Huber hits an airplane spin on Putnam then follows with a standing leg drop to get the pin!

Crockett: Another exciting win for Rolling Thunder. Fans with me right now is a team that seems to have a lot of tension between them. Don Kernodle and Corporal Kirchner, American Made.

Kirchner: Don, I'm not sure what's going on with you.

Don: Look Kirch, I'm sorry for accidently hitting you at the Spring Spectacular. I didn't mean to do it. My emotions got the best of me and once again I'm sorry. You know how much I want us to get some gold. I'll tell you what, I have some business to take care of in Canada, so why don't you come along with me.

Kirchner: Alright Don, I'll go, but listen, we need to get back on track as a unit.

Don: I'm with you on that partner.

They high five and leave.

Commercial Break

King Kong Bundy w/JJ Dillon vs. Dave Penson

Bundy swings Penson hard into the turnbuckles then charges in with a corner splash! Bundy grabs Penson and slams him down then swings off the ropes and hits the Big Splash for the pin! JJ is holding a briefcase as he leads Bundy to the podium.

Schiavone: JJ, your man King Kong Bundy has made quite a splash, literally and figuratively, here in Mid Atlantic.

JJ: (Big Smile) Well, first things first, everybody saw this man squash that leech Ole Anderson at Spring Spectacular. Oh Tony, that brought tremendous joy to me. Now, onto bigger things. You see this briefcase in my hand. Take a look at what's inside.

JJ opens the briefcase and shows everybody the cash that's inside.

JJ: Inside this briefcase is ten thousand dollars in cash. My man King Kong Bundy is the most powerful force in the NWA and I'm willing to put up this money to prove that. That's right, ten thousand dollars to any wrestler who can defeat King Kong Bundy. If you think you're man enough then come on and try.

Bundy: But you better have your affairs in order!

Terry Taylor vs. "The Great One" David Sammartino

David hits Taylor from behind before the bell rings. The bell rings and David stomps away. David slams Taylor then drops an elbow. David grabs the ropes and chokes Taylor with his boot. David remains in control until the fans start razzing him. David loses focus and yells at the fans. David continues to do this until Taylor gets up, swings David around and hits the Jaw Breaker. Taylor swings David to the ropes and hits the flying 5 Arm to get the pin!

Taylor cuts a promo on going to Canada for the Memorial Cup. Says he's back on track and is aiming for that Cup.

Commercial Break

Crockett: With me right now is Billy Robinson. Billy, you came up short against Tony St. Clair in the No DQ match. How are you feeling?

Robinson: (Bandage on forehead) Look at my head! That animal St. Clair did this to me. St. Clair, this isn't over! David Crockett, I have other intentions today. I would like David Sammartino to come out here and join me.

The fans boo and yell as David walks out still feeling the affects of his match.

Robinson: Look David, you're really losing focus kid. Now, do you want to become a bigger legend than your father? You want to get out of his shadow? WelI, I'm the man that can show you how. You listen to me and do exactly what I say and I'll turn you into a pure wrestling machine. Forget about these idiot fans. It's time to take care of business and focus on wrestling! I think you have something kid and if you think you have what it takes, then come with me and let's get started.

David: David Crockett, if there's one man I would listen to, it's the great Billy Robinson. Greatness needs each other. Billy, I'm with you, let's do this.

Crockett: Ok, there appears to be a alliance between those two. Fans, back to the ring for our TV title bout.

TV Title Bout

"The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle vs. Kelly Kiniski

Kiniski starts off with some hip tosses, Prichard gets up and charges but gets back dropped. Kiniski picks Prichard up and atomic drops him and covers 1..2..Prichard gets his foot on the rope. Kiniski picks up Prichard, swings him to the ropes and bends down but Prichard kicks him then follows with a short arm clothesline. Prichard picks Kiniski up and hits the Sling Shot Suplex for the pin! Riddle runs in with the TV title and gives it to Prichard then raises his arm and leads him to the podium. The Fabulous Blondes join them.

Riddle: Oh Davey Baby, so glad you're back, I missed you buddy. Now step back and just listen ok baby. The Agency is riding high these days. My Fabulous Blondes are the number one contenders to the US tag titles. Only a matter of time before they beat that B-Level so called championship team. Good Golly Miss Molly how did a team like Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley end up with the titles? Thank goodness my Fabulous Blondes will bring prestige to the titles. Now, my gem of a champion, Tom Prichard and I are heading to Canada soon so Tom can win that Cup. I'm telling you Davey Baby, The Agency will be a huge bona fide hit in Canada.

Commercial Break

US Tag Team Champs Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley vs. Ken Jenkins and Lloyd London

The fans cheer on as the champs take care of business. Johnson swings London to the ropes and hits a high drop kick. Johnson tags in Cooley. Cooley picks up London and hits the Oklahoma Stampede for the pin!

Johnson and Cooley cut a passionate promo and say they're happy to be champs and are ready for any team in Mid Atlantic.

David Crockett then welcomes out 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff.

Orndorff: Harley Race, I have your number and that Mid Atlantic title is going to be around my waist very soon. Now, Mr. Wonderful is heading up to Canada with one thing on the mind, to win that Cup brother.

The fans boo as Harley Race comes out.

Race: Orndorff, quit crying and telling lies. I beat you from pillar to post at the Spring Spectacular and boy if we cross paths at the Cup, I'm going to do the same. You're not taking this title and you're not winning the Cup!

Orndorff: We can go right now!

Officials come out to break them up before anything escalates.

Commercial Break

The Assassins w/The Assassin vs. The Steiner Brothers

The bell doesn't even ring and these two teams start brawling away. They fight in the ring then go to the outside. They continue fighting all around the ring until wrestlers and officials come out to break it up. Another no contest.

Schiavone: Oh my, these two teams will eventually have to settle this score. Ok fans please welcome Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

The fans roar as Hacksaw Duggan storms out.

Duggan: Dibiase! You pulled a fast one on old Jim Duggan and you needed Stan Hansen to help get the job done. Well, I'm not done with either of you! My request has been granted. I found a partner who wants to fight side by side with me. On May 10th, in Florida, my partner and I get to face that coward Dibiase and his hired goon Stan Hansen. That's right, we're coming to fight! You boys better be ready for the beatings of your lives!

Schiavone: Oh my! Duggan has found himself a partner. I wouldn't want to be Ted Dibiase or Stan Hansen. Fans, we'll see you next week.

I think that "The Million Dollar Man, Ted Dibiase" is a better heel gimmick for down south than it was up north. You have a great first feud set up with Hacksaw, then you just need a down home working class hero to set up opposite him and you can practically print the money.

Nice face turn for Vines and Sword. Are they going to get a new tag team name to go with it?

I like the slow burn with whatever's going on with American Made.

The ten thousand dollar open challenge is a great gimmick for Bundy.

Sammartino and Robinson is to say the least an unexpected alliance. It will be interesting to see where that goes.