• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 gordi

gordi

monster gaijin

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:58 AM

At this point, Rock Riddle getting up on the ring apron is like Ric Flair going to the top turnbuckle: You know it is going to end badly for him, but it's entertaining as hell to watch. 

You're doing a great job building up Singh as a monster. Looking forward to the Inoki bout.

Tony St. Clair had no chance there, as it was basically three-on-one. That pays off nicely with the "turn about is fair play" spot later. 

I'm loving all of the out-of-control brawls all over the place recently. Another good one here. 

When that 6-man is not even the main event, you know you have a stacked card.

Love how the Battle Royal builds off the action earlier on the card. Of course, The Lariat vs Hacksaw is gonna be awesome. 

Jim Cornette behaving like a big baby is always entertaining. Taylor vs Martel is gonna be another good match!

#22 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:37 AM

Holy crap, am I pumped for Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs Stan Hansen! It's gonna be heavy-hitting for sure. I was actually expecting Harley Race to win this one and getting a shot at dual gold but I'm sure Harley will get another crack at it eventually. :)

#23 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 3937 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

Cornette was great on TV.  I would go for both Martel match-ups myself.  The Cobra and the Assassins really put a working over on Jay and Sugar.  I like the feud you have going that builds both American Made and the Blondes.  Travis getting a chance to shine is great.

Jay vs. Robinson would have been a fun match.  Loved the chaotic six man.  Hansen winning the Battle Royal is a stroke of genius,  really looking forward to that match.  Big win for Taylor.

#24 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:36 PM

MACW @ Central State Florida Community College in Ocala FL- 4-13-86 

Pedro Morales vs. Doug Vines w/Jeff Sword

For some reason, Paul Jones isn't with Vines tonight. The Devil's Duo attack Morales before the bell. They stomp on him until the Ref finally gets control and officially starts the match. Vines continues hammering away on Morales. Vines body slams Morales by the ropes. Sword reaches in and chokes Morales. Vines drops a knee from the 2nd turnbuckle and covers 1..2..Morales kicks out. Vines gets up on the top rope and goes for another knee drop but Morales moves. Morales shakes his fists and gets pumped up. Morales punches away on Vines, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Sword gets up on the apron and Morales grabs him. Vines staggers up and charges but Morales gets out of the way as Vines hits Sword with a high knee. Morales grabs Vines and gives him a belly to back suplex to get the pin!

US Tag Team Champ Jimmy Golden w/Rob Fuller vs. Chick Donovan

Donovan gets going early as he swings Golden to the ropes and back drops him. Golden staggers up and gets a forearm blast. Donovan swings back off the ropes but gets tripped up by Fuller. Donovan looks back at Fuller then gets clocked from behind with a clothesline by Golden. Golden stomps away on Donovan then body slams him. Golden suplexes Donovan then gets up on the top rope and hits the flying knee drop for the pin!

Sweet Brown Sugar vs. Randy Rose

The fans boo as Paul Jones comes out with Randy Rose. Jones and Rose are yelling insults at Sugar. The bell rings and Sugar has enough. Sugar drop kicks Rose into Jones, sending Jones through the ropes. Rose staggers up and Sugar executes a flying head scissors. Sugar maintains control until an eye rake by Rose stops him. Rose swings Sugar into the turnbuckles then charges in and hits a forearm blast to the face. Rose swings Sugar to the opposite turnbuckles and charges in with a knee to the mid section. Rose snapmares Sugar over then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops a knee then covers 1..2..Sugar kicks out. Jones is yelling at the Ref. Rose picks up Sugar, swings him to the ropes, ducks down for a back drop but Sugar hits a sunset flip 1..2..3! The fans cheer as Sugar gets the quick pin. Sugar is celebrating but is leveled from behind by Rose! Jones runs in and raises Rose's arm to the booing crowd.

American Made vs. The Kiniski Brothers

Good fast paced match that goes back and forth. The Kiniski's get some momentum going as Kelly slams Kirchner, tags in Nick and Nick drops an elbow. Nick hits a suplex on Kirchner then swings off the ropes but gets a knee to the back by Kernodle. Kelly is yelling at Kernodle from across the ring. Kirchner body slams Nick then tags in Kernodle. Kernodle very aggressively stomps away on Nick. Kernodle resorts to choking as Kirchner doesn't look to happy about it.  Kernodle hits an inverted atomic drop then grabs Nick before he falls and hits a neckbreaker to get the pin!  The Ref raises the arms of American Made as Kirchner glares at a smiling Kernodle.

"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant vs. Johnny Rich w/Paul Jones

As you would expect, these two just start going at it. Jones wants to interfere but ends up running away when Valiant goes after him. Valiant swings Rich to the ropes and puts him down with a right fist. The crowd cheers as Valiant gives them a dance. Rich makes a comes back, swings Valiant to the ropes and nails him with a back elbow. Rich jumps up and crashes down with a fist drop. Rich puts his knee on Valiant's chest then grabs his head and pounds away with fists, busting Jimmy open. Rich rakes his boot across the face then stomps away. Rich body slams Valiant then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle. Rich goes for the flying fist drop but Valiant moves. Rich's fist hits the canvas and he holds it in pain. Valiant goes over and stomps away on Rich then stomps on his hurt hand. Valiant goes down and starts biting Rich's forehead. Rich starts to bleed. Valiant body slams Rich then swings off the ropes but is distracted by Jones. Valiant goes to the ropes and starts yelling at Jones. As the Ref is guiding Valiant away, Jones runs over and slides his cane to Rich. Rich gets up, with the cane in his hand. Valiant walks over, Rich swings, Valiant ducks and punches Rich, the cane falls out of Rich's hand. The crowd roars as Valiant picks up the cane. Rich staggers around and WHAM, Valiant nails Rich with the cane. The Ref signals for the DQ. Valiant hits Rich a couple more times with the cane as the crowd roars. Valiant points the cane at Jones. Jones has a terrified look on his face. These two will go one on one on April 20th.  

Polynesian Power vs. The Caspian Empire

Tui swings Smirnoff to the ropes and hip tosses him then puts him down with a drop kick. Sheik runs and gets hip tossed to the corner by Tui. Sheik stands up and gets nailed by Sakalia followed by another hip toss by Tui, sending him back to his corner. Smirnoff charges Tui but gets back dropped. Tui tags in Sakalia. Sakalia runs in and clotheslines Smirnoff. Sheik charges in but gets back dropped by Sakalia. Caspian Empire regroups as Smirnoff tags in Sheik. Sheik eye gouges Sakalia then pushes him in the corner as they double team Sakalia. Smirnoff chokes Sakalia while Sheik kicks away on the mid section. Sheik tags in Smirnoff, who goes to the 2nd turnbuckle. Sheik gut wrench suplexes Sakalia, then Smirnoff jumps off the turnbuckles with a stomp to the gut. Caspian Empire start double teaming Sakalia in the corner. Tui has enough and runs over and hammers away on the Empire. The Ref pushes Tui back to the corner. Caspian Empire double slams Sakalia. Smirnoff swings Sakalia to the ropes, ducks down for a back drop but Sakalia kicks him then makes the tag to Tui. The crowd cheers as Tui hammers away on Smirnoff. He swings Smirnoff to the ropes and hits a back elbow smash. Sheik runs in and gets sent flying back with a forearm blast. Tui suplexes Smirnoff and covers 1..2..Sheik breaks the count with a boot to the head. Sakalia storms in and punches away on Sheik. Sheik and Sakalia are fighting in the corner while Tui and Smirnoff end up fighting in the opposite corner. Polynesian Power whip the Empire into each other. As they stagger back, Polynesian Power each connect with a super kick on Smirnoff and Sheik. Sakalia picks Sheik up and Samoan Drops him back. Tui leaps off the top rope with a flying elbow drop! As the Ref gets ready to count, the bell rings, signaling for a DRAW. Tui and Sakalia cant believe it and the fans can see they're clearly disappointed.

TV Title Bout

"Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard © w/Rock Riddle vs. Bob Backlund

Backlund starts off hot as he puts Tom over with a series of arm drags. Backlund then puts Tom over with a few headlock takeovers. Tom is frustrated as he ends up rolling out of the ring. Riddle hugs him as the fans boo. Tom gets up on the apron, Backlund walks over and Tom eye gouges him. Tom grabs Backlund's head and snaps it on the top rope. Tom climbs to the top turnbuckle and delivers a flying knee drop then covers 1..2..Backlund gets his shoulder up. Tom grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Backlund then chokes him with his boot. Tom lifts Backlund up and drops him back with a vertical suplex. Tom swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop and covers 1..2..Backlund raises his shoulder. Riddle throws a fit and berates the Ref. Tom joins in and yells at the Ref. They keep arguing. Backlund uses the ropes to help himself up. Backlund comes from behind and rolls Tom up 1..2..Tom kicks out. Tom charges Backlund but Backlund body slams him. Backlund swings Tom to the ropes and back drops him. Backlund picks Tom up and hits an Atomic drop that sends Tom head first into the turnbuckles. Tom staggers back, Backlund grabs him by the waist and German suplexes him back 1..2..No, Riddle distracts the Ref by getting on the apron. Backlund goes towards Riddle but Riddle hops down in a hurry. Backlund body slams Tom then picks him up and sets him on the top turnbuckles. Backlund hops to the 2nd turnbuckles and the crowd cheers as he sets up Tom for the superplex. Backlund hoists Tom up but Riddle runs over and pulls on Backlund's feet allowing Tom to fall on Backlund. The Ref counts 1..2..3! The fans boo as Tom Prichard retains the TV title.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. US Tag Team Champ Rob Fuller w/Jimmy Golden

The Stud Stable attack Duggan before the bell. They swing Duggan to the ropes but miss a double clothesline, Duggan swings back and takes both of them down with a double clothesline! Duggan grabs Golden and hurls him over the top rope. The bell rings and Duggan hammers away on Fuller. Duggan scoop slams Fuller then drops a knee. Golden runs around and starts yelling at Duggan. Duggan stands up and starts yelling back at Golden. Fuller sneaks up from behind and hits a low blow. Fuller stomps away on Duggan. Fuller swings Duggan to the ropes and kicks him in the mid section then suplexes him back. Fuller hits a fist drop and covers 1..2..Duggan kicks out. Fuller starts kicking Duggan's leg then clamps on the Fuller Leg Lock! Fuller spins around and twists the knee. The Ref is asking Duggan if he wants to submit. Duggan yells "NO" The crowd is cheering Duggan on. Duggan is able to kick Fuller with his other leg to break the hold. While Fuller is distracting the Ref, Golden reaches in and chokes Duggan. Fuller picks up Duggan and goes for a suplex but Duggan blocks it and suplexes Fuller back. Duggan limps around the ring then stomps around the ring. Fuller gets up and Duggan punches away. Golden gets on the apron and is holding on to the top rope. Duggan grabs the rope and snaps Golden into the ring. Duggan picks up Golden and Atomic drops him into Fuller. Duggan backs up and gets in a 3 point stance. Fuller is staggering around. Duggan charges and nails him with the running clothesline and covers 1..2..3!!!! The fans go crazy! Duggan stomps around the ring, giving the fans a thumbs up.

#25 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 2089 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:33 PM

Great show here!  Really looking forward to Hansen vs Duggan.  Thanks for using Slater.  That would have been an awesome match to see.

#26 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:57 PM

Yea, I really went back and forth with match placement for the Greenville Card. I try to send the fans home happy as often as I can. Due to the finishes of the Battle Royal and 6 man tag, I decided to put Taylor/Slater on last. I figured Taylor winning with the racket and a tantrum by Cornette would do the job :)

#27 gordi

gordi

monster gaijin

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:00 PM

Ho Ho! Rock Riddle is learning his lesson. His interference actually led to a win for his man today. Good for him!

Duggan's looking strong heading into his huge match with Hansen.

#28 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 3937 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:48 PM

Pritchard is turning into a really good TV champ.  I love the Stud Stable being all over every show.  Valiant and Rich continue to feud.  Really looking forward to Duggan taking on Hansen.

#29 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:51 PM

Agreed about Tom Pritchard. He's turning into your hidden gem for Mid-Atlantic. Who knows, he could eventually turn into a jack-of-all-trades for any card of yours!

#30 gordi

gordi

monster gaijin

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:14 AM

With the sad news about Paul Jones today... I was reminiscing about his feud with Jimmy Valient... then I realized my memories were not so much of the actual Paul Jones Army vs Boogie Woogie man feud, but rather of stuff from this thread. I don't mean any disrespect by that at all. It was honestly kind of nice, like I somehow had fresh memories of the man, even if they are memories that you created.

#31 SirEdger

SirEdger

• Members
  • 2747 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

To be honest, I don't know how many of us have vivid memories of Paul Jones other than the Jimmy Valiant feud. It's the only ones I have of him.

#32 GeneJackson95

GeneJackson95

King of All Wrestling Media

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Comedy, and that's about it.

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:22 PM

HUGE WINS for Prichard and Duggan! Boogie vs. Rich with Paul Jones is a great twist on the Valiant vs. Jones feud. I'm enjoying seeing Johnny Rich as a heel.

#33 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 3184 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:47 PM

Hacksaw is coming in in a HUGE way already. Great to see him getting the kind of a push.  On the other side of the coin... how hard the mighty have fallen in regards to Backlund. Obviously your booking is sound but he just doesn't have the luck tonight... hopefully he does in the future. 

#34 kevinmcfl

kevinmcfl
  • Members
  • 2089 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:13 PM

Hacksaw is coming in in a HUGE way already. Great to see him getting the kind of a push.  On the other side of the coin... how hard the mighty have fallen in regards to Backlund. Obviously your booking is sound but he just doesn't have the luck tonight... hopefully he does in the future. 

Maybe the mighty truly has fallen.  Wrestlingdata.com says Backlund did not wrestle between 1985 and 1988.  Does anyone know if this is true?

#35 gordi

gordi

monster gaijin

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:31 PM

Maybe the mighty truly has fallen.  Wrestlingdata.com says Backlund did not wrestle between 1985 and 1988.  Does anyone know if this is true?

I think it is true. After leaving the WWF he had a short run with the ill-fated Pro Wrestling USA, which folded in the summer of '85. 

He had one match for the UWF (Japanese Shoot-Style promotion) in December 1988, and another in 1989 (both worth watching) but as far as I know that was it from the summer of '85 until his comeback in the 1990s. 

#36 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:28 PM

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 4-19-86

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. Once again my partner David Crockett wont be joining me today, as him and his brother Jim are involved in some serious negotiations with a huge wrestling superstar. As I mentioned last week, the Crockett's have offered this man the most lucrative contract in Mid Atlantic history. I understand they are very close to signing this individual and hope to make the gigantic announcement next week. I do know that the Crockett's will be attending the big 2 day event this weekend, I'm talking about the Clash of Champions, Spring Spectacular. That's right, April 19th in Baltimore and April 20th in Philadelphia. We do have a big change to the event that I will get to momentarily but first let's here some pre recorded comments from the winner of the 2nd Battle Royal and the man who will be facing Hacksaw Duggan for the vacated United States Title in Philly, fans let's hear from the one and only Stan Hansen.

Pre Recorded Comments

Hansen: (Hits his cowbell on the ground) Stan Hansen is coming to Philadelphia to beat up Hacksaw Jim Duggan! (Another hit with the cowbell) And I'm going to leave Hacksaw Duggan lying in the gutter when I'm done with him! (Another hit with cowbell) Then when I'm done with that I'm gonna walk over that beaten down body of his and I'm gonna grab my United States Title and I'm gonna hold it high in the air over his beaten up and bruised body! (Cowbell hit to the ground)  

Back Live

Schiavone: There you have it fans, the winners of the Battle Royal's Hacksaw Duggan and Stan Hansen for the US Title at the Spring Spectacular in Philly. Now onto the bad news, fans earlier this week in Columbia SC, Billy Travis was wrestling in a singles match while his partner Joe Savoldi was participating in a Light Heavyweight championship tournament in Puerto Rico. Well, let's show you the footage.

Footage from Columbia

Billy Travis hits the side slam on Mike Sharpe to get the pin! Travis is celebrating with the fans when The Stud Stable, Rob Fuller and Jimmy Golden run in the ring and nail Travis from behind. They swing Travis to the ropes and double clothesline him, then double body slam him. Fuller grabs Travis as Golden gets on the 2nd turnbuckle and they hit the Spike Piledriver! 

Back Live

Schiavone: Fans with me right now are the current US Tag Team Champions, the Stud Stable. Just what was the meaning of that despicable attack?

Golden: Hey! That young punk wanted to shoot his mouth off last week and well, we had to put that punk in his place by dropping him on his head. (Golden bursts out laughing)

Fuller: (laughing) Well put Jimmy. You know Tony Schiavone, that drop on his head just might knock some sense into that kid.

Schiavone: Well thanks to that disgusting attack, Billy Travis wont be able to compete at the Spring Spectacular, therefore Hot Property will be unable to challenge for the US titles.

Fuller: (Smiling) Well then, it looks like the US Champions, the Stud Stable, will get a much deserved night off. My apologies to our fans, who paid good money for a ticket to watch us, but our challengers just don't have what it takes. Crying shame Tony Schiavone, it truly is.

Schiavone: Well, I've been told that you will be defending your titles that night. That's right, in Baltimore you will be defending the US Titles against the team of Rocky Johnson and Wildcat Wendell Cooley, a team that's been on quite a roll lately.

Fuller and Golden throw a fit.

Golden: You see Robert! You see! Once again we are the victims here!

Fuller: Valid point Jimmy. Tony Schiavone, we are the champs and we should decide who and when we defend these titles against. A rag tag team like this Johnson and Cooley shouldn't even be in the ring with us! This is injustice at its best. Well Jimmy, looks like we've got two new boys to make an example of.

Commercial Break

Terry Taylor vs. Jay Jones

Taylor starts off with a couple headlock takeovers. Taylor has Jones up and drops him back with a vertical suplex. Taylor drops a knee then picks Jones up, swings him to the ropes and hits the flying 5 arm for the pin!

Schiavone: Terry, you look more than ready for your shot at the NWA World title in Baltimore. Any thoughts on the champ, Rick Martel?

Taylor: Tony, I told you after Starrcade I was a changed man. I told you I was going to go at it on talent and ability. Well I did that and look where it got me. I couldn't be more excited for this opportunity. Rick Martel has been a true fighting champion and I have all the respect in the world for him. But make no mistake about it, I'm going into Baltimore with one thing on my mind and that's winning the NWA World Title.

Schiavone: Ok fans, in what should be an outstanding match up, Rick Martel defends the NWA title against Terry Taylor, Baltimore, Spring Spectacular. Lets go back to the ring.

Blackjack Mulligan vs Vic DeMarco

Mulligan swings DeMarco to the ropes and nails him with a flying back elbow smash. Mulligan stomps away on DeMarco then throws him out of the ring. The fans boo as Mulligan goes out and stomps on DeMarco on the outside. Mulligan chokes away and punishes DeMarco. The fans roar as Jimmy Snuka runs out and starts hammering away on Mulligan! The bell rings as Snuka pounds on Mulligan. Mulligan starts to fight back and the two are brawling all around the ring. Wrestlers from the back come out to break it up.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Ok, things have settled down. Boy, I would hate to be the referee assigned to that match as they collide this weekend at the Spring Spectacular. Fans, don't forget, tonight we have a huge 6 man tag match as Polynesian Power and Tony St. Clair take on the Caspian Empire and Billy Robinson. Should be a great one. Well with me right now is Don Kernodle and Corporal Kirchner, the tag team known as American Made.

Kernodle: Hold on Tony. Kirch, do you now see what I've been talking about? Why does Johnson and Cooley get the US Title match this weekend? It should be us getting that match. Why are we getting overlooked as usual?

Schiavone: Wait a second Don, you guys have an opportunity. At the Spring Spectacular, you guys will face the Fabulous Blondes with the winners getting a guaranteed shot at the US titles.

Kirchner: There you go Don. Come on buddy, we have to stay focused on the Blondes. We'll get our shot.

Kernodle: (Pauses and calms down) Yea, ok, you're right. Lets do this!

They high five and exit.

"The Great One" David Sammartino vs. Carl Hillman

Sammartino continues to yell at the fans until Hillman rolls him up and almost pins him. Sammartino stomps away on Hillman then body slams him and follows with a knee drop. Sammartino swings Hillman hard into the turnbuckles then clamps on the bear hug to get the submission victory! Sammartino yells at the fans, all the way to the podium.

Schiavone: Aggressive win tonight David. Now, Bob Backlund has accepted your challenge this weekend. May I ask why you challenged him?

Sammartino: Tony, you really are a fool. I mean I cant believe you actually get paid for asking idiotic questions like that. The reason is simple. I am the Great One and when you're great, you have to prove how great you are by beating up wrestlers who think that they are great. Bob Backlund just oozes with arrogance every time he sets foot in that ring. Well I'm sick of it! He needs to be taught a lesson in the ring and this weekend that's exactly what I'm going to do!

Schiavone: David Sammartino ladies and gentlemen. Fans let's go to the ring for exciting tag team action.

The Steiner Brothers vs. Aaron Arbuckle and Lloyd London 

The Steiner's get the crowd going with some high powered offense. Rick and Scott trade off with a variety of suplexes. Rick swings London to the ropes and nails him with a clothesline. Scott comes in and hits a backbreaker. Scott hoists London up on his shoulders, then tags in Rick. Rick jumps off the top rope and hits the bulldog to get the pin!

Commercial Break

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. Alex Portman

Idol swings Portman to the ropes and back drops him then jumps up and drops an elbow. Idol grabs Portman's leg and drops an elbow on it then wraps him up in the Las Vegas Leglock to get the submission win! Idol flexes his biceps and winks at the crowd. The crowd boos as Rock Riddle strolls out and points up at Idol. He starts yelling at Idol. Idol walks across the ring, towards him. Tom Prichard runs in the ring behind Idol but Idol turns around and punches away then swings Prichard to the ropes but Prichard grabs the ropes and slides out of the ring. Riddle comforts Prichard as Idol motions around his waist.

Schiavone: Oh my, fans, Tom Prichard will defend the TV title against Austin Idol, this weekend at the Spring Spectacular. Back to the ring as Tiger Jeet Singh makes his official television debut.

Tiger Jeet Singh vs. Brad Kimber

Singh runs around the ring, swinging his sword around at the fans. Singh runs into the ring and attacks Kimber before the bell rings. Singh stomps on Kimber then hits him several times with his sword. Kimber gets busted open as officials run in to stop this. The match never officially began. Singh looks into the camera and yells "Inoki!"

Commercial Break

Mark Youngblood vs. Alex Portman

Youngblood swings Portman to the ropes and puts him down with a thrust shot. Youngblood picks Portman up and swings him into the turnbuckles then follows with a running boot to the face. Portman staggers forward, spins around and falls down. Youngblood goes out on the apron and hits the Slingshot Splash for the pin! The fans cheer Mark as he heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Ok Mark, this weekend, it's you and the legendary Mil Mascaras facing the team of the Assassins led by the Original Assassin.

Mark: Tony, you know I've had problems with the Cobra and the Assassins. It seems the Assassin always sent in his team when I had the upper hand on the Cobra. Well, the same thing happened to my partner, Mil Mascaras the last time he faced the Cobra. Well this weekend, we get the Assassins and Assassin rest assured we're getting serious payback on your goons.

Commercial Break

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff vs. Gary Williams

Orndorff swings Williams to the ropes and hits the high knee then follows with a forearm drop. Orndorff scoop slams Williams then gives the signal as the crowd roars. Orndorff hoists Williams up and crashes him down with the piledriver to get the pin! The crowd roars as Orndorff flexes. Orndorff heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Mr. Wonderful, this weekend, it's you and Harley Race for the Mid Atlantic Championship.

Orndorff: Tony, I have waited patiently and now I finally get my shot at Harley Race and the Mid Atlantic Championship. Harley Race, you can kiss that title goodbye because it's going around my waist! You've attacked me and you have used my move, the piledriver on me. Come the Spring Spectacular, I'm going to piledrive your head right through the mat!

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Fans before we get to the big 6 man tag match, with me right now is JJ Dillon. JJ, you made a huge wave by bringing in King Kong Bundy and now it's Bundy taking on Ole Anderson this weekend.

JJ: Tony, I carried Ole Anderson for a long time. I made him relevant again and how does he thank me? By punching me! Ole, your days are numbered and your career is in serious jeopardy. When the walking path of destruction, King Kong Bundy gets his hands on you...well your just finished. I wont lie Tony, I'm going to take pleasure in seeing Ole suffer and suffer you will Ole.

Polynesian Power and Tony St. Clair vs. Caspian Empire and Billy Robinson

All 6 men start fighting as the bell rings. Polynesian and St. Clair swing Caspian and Robinson to the ropes and hit a triple back body drop, then follow with a triple drop kick, sending Caspian and Robinson through the ropes. Polynesian and St. Clair keep the momentum rolling until an eye gouge by Smirnoff on Tui stops it. Smirnoff swings Tui into the corner and Sheik and Robinson kick and choke him. Robinson and Sheik choke Tui as Smirnoff kicks away. Sakalia and St. Clair have enough and charge over. Everybody is brawling in the corner. The Ref loses control and signals for the bell, calling for a double disqualification. The bell is ringing as the men keep fighting.

Commercial Break

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Dave Penson

Duggan swings Penson to the ropes and knocks him down with a shoulder block. Duggan follows with a running knee drop. Duggan stomps around the ring then gets in a 3 point stance. Penson staggers up, Duggan charges and nails Penson with the running clothesline to get the pin! The fans cheer as Duggan heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Hacksaw Duggan, it's you and Stan Hansen for the vacant United States Title, this weekend in Philly.

Duggan: Stan Hansen! You want a fight, then come and get it! Don't think for one second you're going to leave me lying in the gutter. I'm going to knock you all around the ring and then I'm going to knock you out! When that's done, I'm going to be the one holding up the United States Title!

Schiavone: There you have it. Fans this weekend, Clash of the Champions, Spring Spectacular. Two nights, Baltimore and Philadelphia. BEEEEE THERE!

Clash of Champions: Spring Spectacular- Night 1, Baltimore Civic Center 4-19-86

NWA World Title Bout

Rick Martel © vs. Terry Taylor

United States Tag Team Title Bout

Stud Stable © vs. Rocky Johnson and Wildcat Wendell Cooley

Mid Atlantic Championship Bout

Harley Race © vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

Tiger Jeet Singh vs. Antonio Inoki

Mark Youngblood and Mil Mascaras vs The Assassins w/The Assassin

King Kong Bundy w/JJ Dillon vs. Ole Anderson

Bob Backlund vs. "The Great One" David Sammartino

Polynesian Power vs. Caspian Empire

Night 2- Philadelphia Civic Center- 4-20-86

For the United States Title

Hacksaw Duggan vs. Stan Hansen

TV Title Bout

"Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard © w/ Rock Riddle vs. "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol

NO DQ

Tony St. Clair vs. Billy Robinson

"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka vs. Blackjack Mulligan

Winners get a US Tag Title Match

American Made vs. The Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant vs. Paul Jones- Johnny Rich will be locked inside a cage

The Cobra w/The Assassin vs. Sweet Brown Sugar

Rolling Thunder (Huber/Morales) vs. The Devil's Duo w/Paul Jones

#37 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 3937 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:08 AM

I hope American Made can keep things together if they don't win that match.  Race vs. Orndorff and Taylor vs. Martel should both be great matches.  Johnson and Cooley have their hands full with the Stud Stable.  St. Clair and Robinson has been a great feud and I expect it to stay that way.  Snuka and Mulligan will settle their differences but I don't think it will be in Philly.  Speaking of Philly, they get my favorite match of the bunch, Hansen vs. Duggan.

#38 gordi

gordi

monster gaijin

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:30 AM

Curiosity over who the huge signing will be and anticipation for Hacksaw vs Lariat are pushing all other thoughts out of my mind after reading that.

#39 spaldoni

spaldoni
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

MACW presents Clash of Champions: Spring Spectacular Night 1- Baltimore Civic Center 4-19-86

Randy Rose vs. Nick Kiniski

Kiniski starts off fast with a series of hip tosses and drop kicks. Kiniski attempts a Thesz Press but Rose holds on, backs him up and drops his head on the top turnbuckle. Rose hits a fist drop from the 2nd turnbuckle to get the pin!

Polynesian Power vs. Caspian Empire

All four men are going at it. Polynesian swings Caspian to the ropes and send them flying out of the ring with double super kicks. The crowd roars as Caspian Empire regroup. Sakalia swings Sheik to the ropes and back drops him then follows with several elbow drops and tags in Tui. Tui fly's off the 2nd turnbuckle with an elbow drop and cover but Smirnoff breaks the count. Sakalia hits Smirnoff, the Ref guides Sakalia back to his corner. Smirnoff levels Tui and Sheik follows with a gut wrench suplex. Sheik body slams Tui and tags in Smirnoff, who crashes down on Tui with a forearm drop from the 2nd turnbuckle. Smirnoff swings Tui to the ropes and ducks down, Tui leapfrogs over, swings back off the ropes and hits Smirnoff with a drop kick then tags in Sakalia. Sakalia hits a guillotine drop, Sheik runs in and Sakalia back drops him. Sakalia grabs both of their heads and head butts them! After a couple minutes Smirnoff gets punched into his corner and tags in Sheik. Sheik charges but Sakalia hits him with a judo thrust. Smirnoff runs in but Tui cuts him off and punches him back to the corner. Tui climbs to the top rope. Sakalia hoists Sheik up and Samoan Drops him back. Tui  follows with a flying elbow drop! The Ref is guiding Tui to his corner as Sakalia covers Sheik. Smirnoff gets up on the top turnbuckle and crashes down with a knee drop on Sakalia. Smirnoff puts Sheik on top of him. The Ref turns around and counts 1...2..3! Tui drops an elbow a second to late.

Bob Backlund vs. "The Great One" David Sammartino 

Sammartino looks irritated as he argues with the fans, perhaps due to Jet Lag, as he's been flying back and forth to Canada. Sammartino catches Backlund by surprise as he attacks him when the bell rings. Sammartino body slams Backlund then stomps away. Sammartino picks up Backlund, swings him to the turnbuckles and follows with a knee to the mid section. Sammartino gut wrench suplexes Backlund back. Sammartino gets up but once again is distracted by the taunting fans. Sammartino puts one leg through the ropes and argues with the fans. Backlund staggers up, grabs Sammartino by the waist and back suplexes him. Backlund picks up Sammartino and body slams him. He swings Sammartino to the ropes and back drops him. He picks Sammartino up, runs around the ring and drops him with a running atomic drop to get the pin! Sammartino rolls out of the ring and crawls to the back. Backlund is jumping up and down, celebrating when WHAM! He's nailed from behind by...Brad Rheingans!?!?!? Brad picks up Backlund and belly to back suplexes him. Brad picks Backlund up and drops him with a gourdbuster! Brad then puts Backlund in the Kimura! He wrenches on the arm until officials run in to break it up. Brad stands up and looks down at Backlund with a smirk.

Mil Mascaras and Mark Youngblood vs. The Assassins w/The Assassin

Mil and Mark charge the ring and blast away on the Assassins as the Assassin bolts out of the ring. Mil starts off against Assassin 1. Mil body slams him then follows with a headstand headscissors. Mil hits a double underhook suplex then tags in Mark. Mark swings Assassin 1 to the ropes and hits a diving Thrust shot. Mark covers but Assassin 2 breaks the count. Mil runs in and drop kicks Assassin 2 back to his corner. Mark body slams Assassin 1, then gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops a knee. Mark covers but Assassin 2 drops a knee to the back of his head. Mil comes in but is guided back to his corner. The Assassins regroup and double team Mark in the corner. Assassin 2 is tagged in, they pick Mark up and drop him head first on the top rope. Assassin 2 grabs the top rope and drops several knees. Assassin 1 is tagged in and they hit a double stomach breaker. Assassin 1 covers but Mil breaks the count. Assassin 2 is tagged in and he drops a knee from the 2nd turnbuckle. Assassin 2 swings Mark to the ropes and ducks down, but Mark kicks him and tags in Mil. The crowd erupts as Mil hits Assassin 2 with a series of chops. Assassin 1 runs in but Mil chops him back to the corner. Mil swings Assassin 2 to the corner and follows with a monkey flip then puts Assassin 2 in a standing surfboard. Assassin 1 runs in and kicks Mil from behind. Mark charges in and chops away on Assassin 1, swings him into the corner and follows with a running boot to the face. Mil gets up on the top rope. Assassin 2 stands up and is met with a flying body press off the top rope for the 1..2..3!! The crowd cheers. The Assassin gets up on the apron and Mark chops him down.

King Kong Bundy w/JJ Dillon vs. Ole Anderson

Nothing pretty here as Ole runs into the ring and punches away on Bundy. JJ tries to interfere but when Ole cocks back to hit him, JJ runs for his life. Ole keeps punching Bundy but Bundy rakes the eyes, swings Ole to the ropes and sends him flying back with a shoulder block. Bundy body slams Ole then drops a gigantic elbow on Ole's banged up ribs. Bundy covers but lifts him up as JJ instructs him to punish him more. Bundy swings Ole into the turnbuckles, nods at JJ then charges in but Ole moves as Bundy crashes into the turnbuckles. Ole regroups and kicks away on Bundy's leg. Ole grabs the ropes and mercilessly kicks away at the leg. Bundy slowly falls back. Ole gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops a knee to Bundy's leg. JJ gets up on the apron and the crowd cheers as Ole grabs him by the shirt and throws him into the ring. Ole grabs JJ and the crowd comes unglued as Ole nails JJ with a right fist, sending him flying across the ring and through the ropes. Bundy nails Ole from behind. Bundy limps around then drops a big knee on the ribs. Bundy picks up Ole, swings him into the turnbuckles and charges in with a huge corner splash. Bundy grabs Ole and body slams him, then swings off the ropes and hits the Avalanche for the 1..2..3! Bundy goes out and carries JJ to the back. Ole is helped out by trainees but gets a big ovation from the fans.

United States Tag Team Title Bout

Stud Stable © vs. Rocky Johnson and Wildcat Wendell Cooley

The Stud Stable look arrogant tonight as they show off their glitter robes and titles in front of Johnson and Cooley. Golden starts off with Cooley. Cooley hip tosses Golden several times then hits a drop kick. Fuller runs in and gets hip tossed by Cooley and drop kicked by Johnson. Golden charges Cooley but gets back dropped. Cooley tags in Johnson. Johnson swings Golden to the ropes and Golden gets back dropped again. Fuller runs in and a right fist by Johnson sends him back to the corner. Golden nails Johnson from behind, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a hard right fist. Golden tags in Fuller. They double body slam Johnson then Fuller follows with a knee drop and cover but Cooley breaks it up. As the Ref is guiding Cooley back to the corner, The Stud Stable swing Johnson to the ropes, kick him in the mid section and double suplex him back. Fuller tags in Golden. Golden hits a fist drop and covers but Johnson kicks out. Golden picks Johnson up and gives him a neckbreaker then tags in Fuller. Fuller taunts the fans then positions Johnson for the piledriver but Johnson back drops him! The crowd cheers as Johnson rolls over and tags in Cooley. Cooley levels Fuller, Golden runs in but Cooley drop kicks him into the turnbuckles. Cooley swings Fuller to the ropes and clotheslines him then drops an elbow and covers 1..2..NO! Golden drops a knee. Cooley tags in Johnson. Johnson hits a backbreaker on Fuller then rolls him over for the Boston Crab! Golden swings off the ropes and hits Johnson with a boot to the face. Cooley runs in and nails Golden with a running forearm blast. Johnson tags in Cooley. Fuller runs away and tags in Golden. Golden comes in and Cooley kicks him, then hoists him up in a vertical suplex position but Fuller runs in and clips the knee. Golden crashes down on Cooley 1..2..NO! Johnson with the save. Fuller runs in but Johnson sends him flying through the ropes with a high drop kick. Golden gets up and pushes Johnson, Johnson pushes him back as Cooley rolls up Golden 1..2..3!!!! NEW US TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!! The fans roar as Johnson and Cooley embrace. The Ref gives them the belts and they hold them up high to the cheering crowd.

Antonio Inoki vs. Tiger Jeet Singh

This match has a lot of international buzz. The fans boo as Singh comes down the aisle, swinging his sword around like a madman. A Japanese photographer gets in the way and Singh pushes him down. The Announcer and Ref run out of the ring as Singh swings his sword at them. The boos turn to cheers as Inoki heads down the aisle. Inoki stares up at Singh and Singh is waving him in. Inoki gets in the ring, Singh swings his sword at him, Inoki ducks, kicks Singh, gets behind him, grabs his waist and suplexes him back as the sword fly's out of the ring. The bell rings as the Ref gets inside. Inoki swings Singh to the ropes and drop kicks him, then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a diving knee drop. Inoki covers but Singh kicks out. Inoki works over Singh's mid section then swings him to the ropes and wraps him in the Cobra Twist. Singh is screaming in pain as the Ref asks if he wants to submit. Singh is actually able to hip toss Inoki over then rakes his eyes with his boot. Singh spends time regrouping then chokes Inoki with his boot. Singh grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Inoki then jumps down and bites his forehead. Singh keeps this up as Inoki starts to bleed. Singh slams Inoki's head several times on the top turnbuckle then clotheslines him down. Singh gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and goes for a knee drop but Inoki moves as Singh crashes down. Inoki gets fired up and hammers away on Singh with bare knuckle punches. Inoki follows with several knee drops on the head and busts Singh open. Inoki swings Singh into the ropes and clamps on the sleeper! Singh's arms are flailing around and hits the Ref. The Ref goes down, after a moment Inoki drops Singh and checks on the Ref. Singh rolls out of the ring. After a moment, Singh finds his sword. Singh goes into the ring as Inoki is helping the Ref up. Singh goes to swing at Inoki but Inoki kicks Singh, grabs the sword and hits Singh! The Ref sees this and calls for the bell, Disqualifying Inoki. Inoki is trying to explain what happened but the Ref is waving his arms. Inoki throws the sword down, picks up Singh and delivers a fallaway slam. The crowd cheers as Inoki leaves the ring.

Mid Atlantic Title Bout

Harley Race © vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

These two have quite the stare down as the Ref is giving them instructions. Race points at Paul as he give the title to the ref. The bell rings and they trade forearm shots. Paul gets the upper hand, swings Race to the ropes and gives him a high knee. Race goes back and though the ropes as the crowd cheers. Race gets angry and again points up at Paul. Paul controls the early portion of the match. Race takes a big swing at Paul but Paul ducks and gives Race a belly to back suplex. Paul covers 1..2..Race kicks out. Paul frustrates Race with a series of arm drag and head lock takeovers. Race finally gets in control with an eye gouge followed by a headbutt. Race grabs Paul and gives him a belly to belly suplex then follows with a diving headbutt and cover but Paul kicks out. Race lifts Paul up in the vertical suplex position, holds him there, then drops him back. Race covers 1..2..Paul kicks out. Race gets frustrated, scoop slams Paul, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop but still cant put Paul away. Race hits the pendulum backbreaker and covers 1..2..NO! The fans cheer as Paul kicks out. Race has enough and sets Paul up for the piledriver but Paul back drops Race over the top rope and onto the outside! The fans go wild as Paul regroups. Race finally gets up on the apron. Paul grabs him and suplexes him back into the ring. Paul hits a backbreaker then goes to the 2nd turnbuckle and nails Race with a forearm drop and cover 1..2..Race gets his foot on the ropes. Paul hits a German suplex, and follows with a diving knee drop and cover 1..2..Race kicks out! Paul picks Race up but Race rakes the eyes and swings Paul to the ropes, Race misses a clothesline attempt and Paul comes back off the ropes with a flying press, Race catches him and the momentum carries both men over the top rope. They're both laying on the outside. The Ref is hesitant to start the count. He finally has no choice and starts counting. They both get up. Race grabs Paul by his hair and heads for the steel post but Paul blocks it, grabs Race by his hair and rams him into the steel post just as the Ref counts to 10. The result is a double count out! Race is on the ground bleeding as Paul hears the official decision. Paul puts his hands on his waist in disappointment as the Ref puts the belt on Race's chest.

NWA World Heavyweight Title Bout

Rick Martel © vs. Terry Taylor

The two start with a handshake then lock up. The first few minutes is a feel out process as both men trade takedowns. The big turning point happens when Martel hits a spinning spinebuster out of nowhere. Martel covers 1..2..Taylor barley gets his shoulder up. Martel turns it up and hits a double underhook suplex but Taylor kicks out. Martel controls the next few minutes. He grabs Taylor but Taylor drops him with a Jaw Breaker! The shift changes and Taylor capitalizes. Taylor swings Martel to the ropes and back drops him then grabs Martel and executes a sit out gutwrench powrebomb! 1..2..NO! Martel barley gets his shoulder up. Taylor knows he almost had the title won. Taylor works on the back, hits a back breaker, then puts Martel in the Scorpion Hold (Sharpshooter)! The crowd is alive as the Ref is asking Martel if he wants to submit. Martel fights like crazy and is able to reach the ropes. Taylor breaks the hold. Taylor cant believe it. Taylor grabs Martel's legs and pulls him to the center of the ring. Taylor gets up on the turnbuckles and jumps off, going for a forearm drop but Martel moves. Taylor crashes down, giving Martel a much needed rest. Martel picks up Taylor and gives him a backbreaker then rolls him over in the Boston Crab! The crowd is yelling as the Ref asks Taylor if he wants to submit. Taylor fights hard as he makes it to the ropes. Martel breaks the hold and now he cant believe it. Martel goes to the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a diving knee drop and covers 1..2.No! Taylor kicks out. Martel hits a belly to back suplex, then picks Taylor up and into the airplane spin but Taylor fights his way out quick, grabs Martel by his waist and suplexes him back. Both men are lying next to each other. They slowly get up, Taylor grabs Martel and hits the swinging neckbreaker! Taylor covers 1..2..NO! Martel gets his foot on the ropes. Taylor cant believe it as the crowd yells "OH" Taylor slowly gets up, picks up Martel and swings him into the turnbuckles then charges in with a high knee but Martel moves. Taylor hits hard and falls back. Martel gets out on the apron and hits the Sling Shot Splash 1..2..3!!! The bell rings. Rick Martel has retained the NWA World Title! The fans cheer as the Ref hands an exhausted Rick Martel the title belt. Martel helps Taylor up. Taylor is exhausted and disappointed. Taylor offers his hand, Martel shakes it, then the embrace as the crowd cheers.

#40 gordi

gordi

monster gaijin

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:18 AM

What a card!

Love the finish in the opener.

Rheingans vs Backlund should be a really good feud featuring a lot of scientific wrestling, but with a clear good guy/bad guy dynamic.  

Ole may have lost his match, but at least he got some revenge on Dillon.

NEW US TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!! Those glitter robes don't look so good without the tag belts to go with them.

I think that's exactly how I would have booked Antonio Inoki vs. Tiger Jeet Singh in America. Emphasizing Singh's strengths and downplaying his weaknesses, Heyman style. 

Nice finish to a very good Mid Atlantic Title Bout, letting Race keep the title but making Orndorff look strong. 

If you are gonna go face vs face in the main event of a big show, it better be an excellent match... and Martel and Taylor definitely delivered with some great near-falls and a nice show of class at the end. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users