Pro Wrestling Only

World Class Championship Wrestling: April 1986

GeneJackson95

I'd be interested in a Funks-as-Super Ds vs Von Erichs match or two, where the Von Erichs are at least as focused on trying to rip off the masks as in winning the match.

Also... the Hillbillies vs Funks-as-Super Ds or vs the Freebirds could be fun.

I think I'd enjoy more of that that Texas six-man action, in other words.

Yea those Funk Brothers are pretty crafty. Funks/Von Erich's is going to be one money making feud. The dream 6 man team of Rhodes/Lawler and JYD prevail. Ice man causing some trouble in the TV title picture, which is really heating up. Price gets a pretty big win over Mr. Olympia. LOL the ending to the main event was perfect. I could totally see Garvin and Embry bolting out of there while Big Bubba takes a Road Warriors beating.

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 4/17 Airing on Friday 4/25 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard open the show discussing the action that took place last week in San Antonio. The heinous attack by Iceman King Parsons on both Tim Horner and Steve Doll. The crazy "Super Destroyers" debacle where THREE Super Destroyers attacked Kerry/Kevin Von Erich and it was speculated to be the Funks and not the real Super Destroyers……topped off by Garvin and Embry walking out on Precious' brand new bodyguard Big Bubba Rogers leaving him to be destroyed by the Road Warriors….as they finish discussing this, Eric Embry and Jimmy Garvin make their way out.

Garvin: "Bill Mercer, this sort of thing is how lies and rumors get started…"

Mercer: "What lie?"

Embry: "Saying we walked out on Bubba and abandoned him….that's simply not true, Mr. Mercer."

Mercer: "Yes, you did….we've got the video footage of the incident, would you like us to show it?"

Garvin: "NO! Listen, there was no 'incident' to speak of it or show. We were moments away from beating the Road Warriors and winning the World Tag Team titles when Eric remembered that he didn't lock the car doors on our Cadillac, now Bruce you know how those people in San Antonio are they'll steal anything that's not nailed down…..so we called 'time out' and went to go lock up the car and then come finish our title match and that stupid referee counted us out."

Mercer: "There's no time outs in wrestling."

Embry: "Oh, now you tell us! How were we supposed to know that? There's time outs in every other sport, how were we to know that?? Do you know what kinda nice stuff we had in that Cadillac that could have been stolen?? Jimmy has a hair dryer that set him back $39. I had $17.31 worth of change in the ashtray."

(Big Bubba and Precious come out)

Big Bubba: "Are you guys seriously out here on tv trying to tell this lame story you told me?"

Embry: "Lame story? Bubba, we were doing that for you too man…..you had a pair of sneakers in the car you'd just bought…..not to mention those name brand sunglasses that came from the mall….you think those scumbags in San Antonio wouldn't have robbed every bit of that??"

(Fritz Von Erich comes out)

Fritz: "Enough of this foolishness…..Hawk and Animal said they weren't finished with you last week….so today right here on television you guys will face the Warriors again….and since you didn't care enough about the World Tag Team titles to not walk out…..they aren't on the line this time….BUT, if you don't stay and finish the match…..if you try to walk out again….I will strip you of the NWA North American tag team titles…..that's happening today so I suggest you go lock your car….and get ready!!"

MATCH #1:

Steve Doll pinned Gary Young with a cross body off the top rope

As Doll is celebrating his victory, Iceman Parsons slides in the ring and attacks him from behind….he puts the boots to him until Tim Horner comes in with a chair to make the save. Horner gets a mic….

Horner: "Parsons, there was a time I had a lot of respect for you….now I have none for you at all…..you had no reason to come in and attack Steve Doll and myself last week and you had no reason to attack Steve Doll here tonight…..those are the acts of a coward!"

(Parsons has a mic standing in the aisle)

Parsons: "Here I am the rightful Television Champion and everybody thought it was real cute and funny when they gave Steve Doll what should have been MY title shot last week….so I decided I would get yalls attention by coming in there and beatin' up both you rooty poots at the same time. Now as far as this 'coward' talk….how about if you aren't a coward, you give me TV title match right here on television this week!"

Horner: "I'll do ya one better Parsons, let's do it right now! Bring it on down here and let's go right now!"

Parsons: "Ain't nothin' to it but to do it, chump."

MATCH #2:

WCCW Television Championship

"Iceman" King Parsons pinned "White Lightning" Tim Horner to win the championship when Steve Doll came to ringside to try to tell referee David Manning that Parsons had a chain in his tights….but unfortunately the distraction of the referee allowed Parsons to knock out Horner with it and then stick the chain in Horner's trunks

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #3:

NWA World Six Man Tag Champions the Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts) defeated Dewey Cox/The Monroe Brothers when Hayes pinned Dallas Monroe after a running bulldog…Afterwards Marc Lowrance approaches the Freebirds

Hayes: "Hillbillies, lock up your daughter…hide your wife….beg for mercy and pray for your life because the Freebirds are coming to Ft Worth, Texas and we are going to take no prisoners…..these belts belong to us and they will for a long, long time….tell 'em Bam Bam."

Gordy: "That's right hillbillies, the Freebirds have been kicking butt and taking names all across the NWA….go to Canada and ask about the 'Birds……check with them boys in the UWF…..over in the Mid Atlantic and all points in between and they will tell you without a doubt that the Freebirds are on a roll and we can't be stopped…..and it's going to take a lot more than some hillbillies from Mudlick, Kentucky to come down Badstreet USA and walk out with our gold."

Roberts: "We don't just say we're the best, we get in that ring night in and night out and we prove it….so Midnight Express, Road Warriors…..shine up them belts because we're coming for all the gold."

Hayes: "If you don't like what we're saying and you think you can do somethin' about it then head on down to Badstreet…..it's the last house on the left and just like Motel 6, we'll leave the light on for ya!"

(VTR- Kerry/Kevin/Lance Von Erich are in a gym working out they stop to talk to the camera)

Kerry: "Gary Hart…..I'll give you guys credit, you found a way for the Funks to get to us when we least expected it….you got us pretty good I'll admit….but bring yourselves to Ft Worth tomorrow night….wear your masks….don't wear masks….call yourself whatever you want but it's time to pay up to the Von Erichs.

Kevin: "That's right, it was pretty clever to sneak in as the Super Destroyers when we had our focus on that North American title…..well Funks, we've put titles on the back burner….you wanted our attention well you have it now…..you want a piece of the Von Erichs, you'll get all you can handle in Ft Worth, I can promise you that."

Lance: "Oh and Kamala, don't think we've forgotten about you….while Kevin and Kerry deal with the Super Funks or whatever they want to call themselves, I'll be sending you back to the jungles of Uganda where you belong!"

(END VTR)

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #4:

Jerry 'the King' Lawler pinned Sammy Hall after a piledriver and a fist drop from the 2nd rope

(Marc Lowrance, JYD, and Dusty Rhodes joins Lawler at ringside)

Lawler: "You know, I've got some unfinished business with the North American Champ Big John Studd. They say this is my last chance at the title and Studd, you best believe I plan on making it count and walking out the brand new NWA North American Champion."

Dusty: "You know JYD, we've been having some trouble with these Grapplers and it's time to up the ante if ya weel. Them Grapplers have said that they want myself and the Dog out of World Class Rasslin. I told them if they want the opportunity to run us off, then we want the opportunity to take them shiny silver socks off they head…..so that's the deal baby, tomorrow night….either we will pull them hoods off they head and expose their ugly mugs to the world…..or me and the JYD will be ran out of the state of Texas…..this is my home, I'm from Texas…..I love Texas and ain't nobody gonna tell me and the Dog to leave here!"

JYD: "The Dream and the Dog together……them Grapplers don't a chance."

MATCH #5:

The Grapplers (#1/#2) w/Percival Pringle III defeated Johnny Ace/Brian Armstrong when Grappler #2 pinned Armstrong after a backbreaker

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

The Road Warriors (Animal/Hawk) w/Paul Ellering defeated "Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious & Big Bubba Rogers when Hawk pinned Embry after a 'Doomsday Device'…..three different times Garvin/Embry tried to make Bubba interfere but he just sat in a chair in the corner guarding Precious

© 1986 Southwest Sports Inc.

World Class Championship Wrestling

Will Rogers Coliseum

Ft. Worth, TX

Saturday April 26, 1986

Bell time: 8pm

MAIN EVENT

Lights Out/Unsanctioned Tag Team Match

Kerry/Kevin Von Erich

Vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Gary Hart

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA National Tag Team Championship

The Midnight Express (Beautiful Bobby/Loverboy Dennis)

w/Jim Cornette

Vs.

The Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn/Stan Lane)

NWA North American Heavyweight Championship

'Lawler's Last Chance'

Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

Jerry "the King" Lawler

NWA World 6 Man Tag Team Championship

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts)

Vs.

Hillbilly Jim/Uncle Elmer/Cousin Junior

Special Challenge Match

Lance Von Erich

Vs.

Kamala w/Gary Hart & Friday

If Dusty/JYD win, The Grapplers must Unmask!

If the Grapplers win, Dusty/JYD must leave WCCW!

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes/Junk Yard Dog

Vs.

The Grapplers (#1/#2) w/Percival Pringle III

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship (REMATCH)

"The Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes

w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.
Mr. Olympia

"Iceman" King Parsons

Vs.

Steve Doll

World Class Championship Wrestling

Will Rogers Coliseum

Ft. Worth, TX

Saturday April 26, 1986

Bell time: 8pm

"Iceman" King Parsons pinned Steve Doll with his feet on the ropes

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship (REMATCH)

Mr. Olympia defeated "The Texas Dream" Dirty Rhodes w/Percival Pringle III by DQ when Percy Pringle interfered

If Dusty/JYD win, The Grapplers must Unmask!

If the Grapplers win, Dusty/JYD must leave WCCW!

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes/Junk Yard Dog defeated The Grapplers (#1/#2) w/Percival Pringle III when Jerry Lawler came to ringside punched out Pringle who was getting ready to interfere as he did in the previous match……JYD powerslammed Grappler #2, Dusty then dropped an elbow on him and covered him for the 1-2-3! The Grapplers refused to unmask but were then unmasked by Dusty and JYD revealing them to be Len Denton and Tony Anthony!!

Special Challenge Match

Kamala w/Gary Hart & Friday defeated Lance Von Erich when the "Super Destroyers" once again appeared and interfered allowing Kamala to splash Lance and get the pinfall….Kerry/Kevin ran down to ringside but the "Super Ds" were already fleeing the scene.

NWA World 6 Man Tag Team Championship

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts) defeated Hillbilly Jim/Uncle Elmer/Cousin Junior when Gordy pinned Junior after a powerslam….things started out pretty well with Junior challenging Hayes to a dance off but when Junior tried to moonwalk like Hayes, Hayes got offended and went on the attack and the match was pretty once sided for the most part…..The Freebirds were pretty aggressive but still not working heel here in Texas, the fans are pretty solidly behind them

NWA North American Heavyweight Championship

'Lawler's Last Chance'

Jerry "the King" Lawler defeated Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III by DQ when Pringle interfered……in the post match Lawler ended up throwing a fireball into the face of Pringle…..the Dirty White Boys (the unmasked former Grapplers) hit the ring and attacked Lawler….to everyone's surprise Studd attacked the Dirty White Boys essentially saving Lawler…..as Dirty Rhodes put Percy's jacket over his head and helped him from ringside. The fans cheered Studd as he took the microphone.

Studd: "Don't you cheer for me you geeks. Listen, I don't need Percy Pringle's help or anyone else's to beat you Lawler! I know this was supposed to be your last chance but I'm not settling for this DQ crap….I'm going beat you clean right in the middle of that ring! So next week I want ONE MORE MATCH…but this time I want it in a steel cage with NOBODY at ringside….just me and you Lawler….and I'll show these fans once and for that you're nothing Lawler….and when I beat you, they can just call me King John Studd!"

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA National Tag Team Championship

The Midnight Express (Beautiful Bobby/Loverboy Dennis) w/Jim Cornette fought The Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn/Stan Lane) to a 30 minute time limit draw!

MAIN EVENT

Lights Out/Unsanctioned Tag Team Match

Kerry/Kevin Von Erich

Vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Gary Hart

The Super Destroyers came to the ring and it was obvious they were the original Super Destroyers NOT the ones we saw last week or earlier this evening…..Kerry Von Erich took the mic before the match started.

Kerry: "What are you guys trying to pull Gary Hart?? Get the Funks out here now so they can pay for what they did to me and Kevin last week, and what they did to Lance earlier tonight!!"

(From ringside on the floor, Gary Hart has another mic)

Gary: "The Funks? Perhaps you forgot, your daddy suspended the Funks…..they haven't been here in weeks, you signed to face the Super Destoyers and here they are as promised."

Kevin: "Gary Hart, you now damn well that was the Funks who attacked us dressed like these two last week, and it was them who attacked Lance earlier….quit playing games and get them out here….NOW!!"

Gary: "You signed on to face the Super Ds…..the Super Ds are here, are you two cowards scared to face them??"
(Before Kevin or Kerry can respond the Super Destroyers attack them from behind and this crazy lights out/Unsanctioned bout is on! This was a wild brawl that went all around ringside and through the crowd before finally ending up back in the ring…..just as it looked like the Von Erichs were about to put the Super Ds away, suddenly the masked Grapplers hit the ring and attacked Kerry and Kevin Von Erich…..as the Grapplers were in the ring helping the Super Destroyers, the Dirty White Boys could be seen in the aisle watching the whole melee….it was obvious to the fans that the Grapplers were not the ones they'd seen previously…….Super D #2 helped one of the Grapplers spike piledrive Kevin Von Erich while Super D #1 choked Kerry as the other Grappler had him in a spinning toe hold…..after two spike piledrivers, the 2nd being on a chair…..Super D #2 pinned Kevin Von Erich while the Dirty White Boys beat down Lance Von Erich in the aisle who tried to come and save his cousins…the crowd was furious as once again Gary Hart (and possibly the Funks) got the better of their heroes.

It is hard to imagine a TV show and a house show doing more to hook a new fan. This seems so spot on to WCCW circa 1986 and that is why it was my favorite wrestling show. Your TV angle is playing out nicely and I wonder if it might settle down now that Iceman has the belt. Here come the Dirty White Boys! A Fireball to Percy and then Studd turns on him... rough night.

Garvin came out looking a little like Embry here which makes it even funnier and better! How long will Bubba put up with their nonsense. All of this and I have not even mention the Freebirds, Funks or VonErichs. WOW

Wow, so much going on in WCCW! Embry and Garvin crack me up once again LOL! However, the Road Warriors got the last laugh. Ice Man wins the TV title. A heel title run will be so much fun to watch.

What a card in Ft. Worth. Mask confusion everywhere! Grapplers lose theirs, Super Destroyers and Von Erichs in a wild melee and new Grapplers appear. The Funks/Von Erich feud is at an all time high. YES! Studd and Lawler one more time, I'm all for it! Midnights and Fabs looked like a classic. Looking forward to more Dream/JYD. All this and the Freebirds are riding high.

Garvin and Embry start the TV off right. Good setup for a big night of action in Fort Worth and a main event that saw the Roadies get their real win. With Bubba making his point.

Iceman as TV champ and a heel should be great. DWBs have their hands in everything right now. Studd and Lawler is reaching a conclusion that makes me think Studd may not be as much of a bad guy as we think.