Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-04-08-AJPW-Champion Carnival] Kento Miyahara vs Naoya Nomura

Jmare007

I love both of these guys and this delivered almost everything I wanted. From the get go Kento is annoyed by the young kid that the crowd has really grown into in the last year, at first he tries to establish his dominance and act cocky, more concerned about Wada not letting him do what he wants that really treating Nomura as a threat. But Naoya is no slouch and he's in it for a fight, he MAKES Miyahara give a damn by hitting him with elbows and getting up every single time Kento hit him hard. Loved the countout tease and Nomura's comeback afterwards, that spear to roll up pin combination was dope as fuck and had me fooled. Same with Naoya fighting with everything he got so Kento wouldn't hit the straight jacket German because he knew that was death for him. This had some down times but I was compelled throughout by Miyahara's antics, Wada being Wada and Nomura's resilience. The final 5-6 minutes were great - I know some will hate the german suplex "no sell" by Nomura but I was fine with, it was just 1 and he hit one move before going down - shit, whole match was awesome.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-04-08-AJPW-Champion Carnival] Kento Miyahara vs Naoya Nomura