Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlers loved by hardcore fans but not so much respected by their peers

yesdanielbryan

Yeah, the thing is I generally agreed with him regarding his philosophy on booking. I didn't think he's out of touch. I certainly agreed with his philosophy a lot more than what Russo did to the industry. I still think the old school 1980's JCP style stuff would still get over like gangbusters today, and I think NXT and the Gargano/Ciampa feud is total proof of that fact. Maybe he's just a terrible judge of talent. I almost fell off my chair when he listed Orton and Roode as guys who could carry the company going forward. And I like Bobby Roode...but he isn't that guy. Not in WWE.

He's a bad judge of modern talent for sure. The thing is, those JCP philosophies can work but they need to be laced with modern ideas. That's really what NXT does right now. Where I think he misses the mark is he bemoans the fact that fans are smart to the business now. But what he fails to see is this opened a lot of doors for the more meta and goofy shit like some of the PWG matches. When he was in RoH he was still doing shit like ether soaked rags or trying to sell guys as training MMA for a fake wrestling match.

Cornette is a great historian and for an insight into what was going on at certain points and why things did or didn't work. But he doesn't understand the modern fan. He still thinks funny doesn't draw money when we've seen that's not true.

i agree with him on alot of things

like his views on realism but hes not extreme enough on that as worked as wrestling is why should jav the llook but not the conditioning if a worker gtes gassed afther a few minutes i will call them a bad worker so i agree with the mma training idea since is shows the workers have High-level Conditioning so they will not blow up in 5 minutes

To me, all that Daniel Bryan percentage shows is that most of the people who vote in the WON HOF aren't active wrestlers and that the ones who do are all over the place with their opinions.

EDIT: However, I do agree that retired wrestlers don't really sing the praises of Bryan, Owens, or Zayn very much. They have real trouble getting past look in all three cases I think. They seem to really love Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt.

I would say that CM Punk is revered by his fans, but he burned so many bridges that he's almost a joke, specially by his peers.

In your opinion, why did Bryan get few votes in 2015 among his peers, in comparison to Angle and Benoit?

In my opinion, it's similar to people who herald HBK and Bret as the best of all time. They are legends in their own right, and I think many people inside their business look up to Angle, Michaels or Hart more than they do look up to Styles or Bryan, sometimes because they were closer to them, or were inspired by them.

For me as much as I like Shawn & Bret they will never be as good as Hogan. The guy is a god and loved by many fans especially all those crazy Canadians back in 2002.

To me, all that Daniel Bryan percentage shows is that most of the people who vote in the WON HOF aren't active wrestlers and that the ones who do are all over the place with their opinions.

EDIT: However, I do agree that retired wrestlers don't really sing the praises of Bryan, Owens, or Zayn very much. They have real trouble getting past look in all three cases I think. They seem to really love Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt.

my view exactly i i hate size and look marks since if you look a combat sports the three biggest draws ever are Sakuraba [ he der w 90k remember] Connor and Floyd and most of Goats in mma History top 10 all-time wise are not HW at all, for example, alot of people have gsp as there goat just saying wwe are far behind the times on this there still size marks

when i see a failed footballer player like roman i say i wonder why he failed i say i wager bad cardio conditioning looks us nothing without the conditioning to back it up imo steen more than lilky has better condtionuing than roman basef on the go go go indy road style matches he worked pre WWE

Was there really a wrestler who only couldn't make it in football because of bad cardio? You mostly hear about bad knees, but other reasons aren't really mentioned. I still don't really know why Ron Simmons didn't make it for instance.

Some players just don't translate to the NFL. He would have probably played a full career in the USFL if it hadn't have gone under.

to be called active im my eyes you needto worked alest 705 of you home promotion or the promotion you most affialed withs shows in the last year or of ypu od not have a home promotion or its not very active one like real japan for example be called active you need ot have worked at lest all you home promotions shows or have worked at least 8-10 matches in the year

Then he reviewed the entire roster after the Main Event and claimed the only guys who are capable of being "the guy" moving forward are Seth Rollins and the aforementioned Randy Orton and Bobby Roode. Not AJ and not Lashley, because they're too old. Nope. Rollins, Randy Orton and Bobby Roode are the only two guys who are good enough to be the #1 guy now that Reigns is finished as a legit contender.

All of the sudden, I figured out why Smokey Mountain went out of business.

I mean, there's so many things wrong with this view that the fact Bobby Roode is older than AJ still isn't Cornette's biggest error here