Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 4/16-4/22, it's getting drafty in here...

sek69

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they pull some last minute deal, Miztourage are next in a long line of acts that are dead post-Miz. Both guys got a rub but it's not like Dallas or Axel brought anything special to the act. You could have given that spot to Hawkins and Ryder or Slater or whomever and you get the same thing.

If theyre going to keep Bray and Matt paired for the next x months, they could do worse than Broken Hardys vs Bray/Bo.

They moved NINETEEN wrestlers to RAW?!? What the fuck is the point?

I somehow get stuck going to these awful shows all the time. I went to first Samckdown Live in Worcester where they had the draft in 2016. Then went to the Smackdown portion of last year's draft in Boston. Now going to Smackdown in Providence. These shows are so lame to attend live.

Man, rough night for Raw. They got like 75% of the terrible stuff from Smackdown.

Raw is still very top heavy, I need SD to stay more of the Workrate show, they need to tighten up on the creative end and get back to before the last Shakeup. RAW has been strong with the creative for the most part for over a year, and Im interested in seing how Joe does in his push, if he can stay healthy

So.

Angle got all the trash SD had, and dispatched Miz to the blue brand. And everything indicates that they are going to lose Rollins as well.

He is, without a doubt, the dumbest GM ever.

Of the AfterMania shows Angle won on that, he Got the Former NXT Womens Champ and Bobby Lashley. Ruby Riottt is a win to tonight

Man, they need to change her music. They come in looking all badass and punk out Sasha and Bayley, and all you hear is DEEDLE DEEDLE DEEDLE DEEDLE as they stand tall.

Man, I really hope the person holding the We Want Enzo sign at Raw was some kid who didnt know any better.

Considering IM A CHRIS BENOIT GUY shirts are a thing, it wouldnt shock me if it was a troll who made it through security.

Oh, I figured it probably was an idiot troll. I just hoped for better.

I'm not even someone who actively avoids watching old Benoit matches or anything - it honestly doesn't register with me if I'm just watching wrestling - but those shirts? Jeezus. That sounds like the definition of trolls just doing stupid shit to get a reaction, which is equally as annoying as the snowflakes who stand guard, forever ready to feel publicly offended about anything & everything in the first place.

But yeah. There's a line, and those shirts are on the wrong side of it. Reminds me of that episode of Lapsed Fan, where the one co-host who always goes on about playing with his toys thought it was amusing to do a Woman impression and literally beg for Chris not to kill her. Completely turned me away from their podcast altogether.

In both instances, it just comes across as a desperate, childish cry for attention.

But yeah. There's a line, and those shirts are on the wrong side of it. Reminds me of that episode of Lapsed Fan, where the one co-host who always goes on about playing with his toys thought it was amusing to do a Woman impression and literally beg for Chris not to kill her. Completely turned me away from their podcast altogether.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus...... that's like some shit they dig up on an episode of Criminal Minds when they are trying to pinpoint the reason someone became a serial killer.

I used to get a kick out of the show for some of their side tangents and impersonations. Followed along through the 30 Years of WrestleMania series and everything. JP (iirc) was always good for a laugh with that stuff, even though there were times you could tell he'd try really hard and do anything for a laugh or for shock and awe.

But yeah. That Nancy and Chris bit from their Bash at the Beach 96 review was too fucking much for me. The guy was LITERALLY pretending to be Woman, attempting to fight off Benoit, and crying out for him to please not kill her. And this grown man who brags about how he books his toy collection and his No Mercy video game is chuckling through it, like he finds it so clever and witty.

I gladly left that shit alone after that.

In Canada, Smackdown is preempted tonight due to the NHL playoffs. That's the disadvantage to WWE programming being shown on an actual Sports Network here. WWE still does fairly good ratings for them, but nothing like the NHL playoffs when the entire country seems to be watching so it gets pulled sometimes. So we don't even get to see Smackdown until tomorrow. Not that I would have watched it through anyhow, but I probably would have flipped back and forth between SDL, the hockey game and the baseball game if I had the choice.

Oh well, at least it didn't get pulled for a dog show.

So is it the general consensus that Rollins and Balor will be moved to Smackdown? Because I've seen some folks on other sites talking about how it'll create all these "dream match" scenarios.

... *sigh* ...

I like the in-ring action of their matches well enough and all, but it's like flipping into the middle of a fight scene in some foreign language film with no subtitles. The action might catch your eye and look really cool, but all investment ends when the fight's over. There's no context or character to invest in or anything.

Who are they? What are they meant to stand for? I mean, cross fit fanaticism? If I had to guess..?

It's just that, without those things to anchor their matches, then there's really no "dream match" for them. A dream match involves those elements - it's every bit about the essence and core of the characters clashing as it is the "moves" they do to one another amid that clash.

Don't get me wrong. I'd give AJ/Seth or AJ/Finn a watch. And they'd feel like fresh, solid matches for the most part. But, without a story involving definitive characters, those aren't anything close to what I'd consider "dream matches."