Wrestling War Zone: The Monday Night Wars w/ JT & Chad

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Bigelow34

Bigelow34
  • Members
  • 1081 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:48 PM

In the premier episode of Wrestling War Zone: The Monday Night Wars, JT Rozzero & Chad Campbell break down the 9/11/95 episodes of Monday Night Raw and Monday Nitro. They talk “Raw on the Roof”, the arrival of Dean Douglas, Sid the Loser, the state of the Smoking Gunns, the WCW debut of Sabu, the soft Dungeon of Doom, the greatness of Mongo, the lame ass Hulk Hogan and much more.

So sit back, settle in and join JT and Chad as they work their way through the one and only Monday Night Wrestling War era!

#2 robertsilva

robertsilva
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:52 AM

Great show. Sort of a hybrid of WHERE THE BIG BOYS PLAY AND VINTAGE VAULT.

#3 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1780 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:26 PM

Finally some damn Chad content.

#4 Bigelow34

Bigelow34
  • Members
  • 1081 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:56 AM

Thanks guys!

#5 Bigelow34

Bigelow34
  • Members
  • 1081 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:15 PM

In this episode of Wrestling War Zone: The Monday Night Wars, JT Rozzero & Chad Campbell break down Fall Brawl 1995. They talk a red hot opener, beast mode Craig Pittman, the awfulness of Renegade, DDP’s ascension, Booker T. vs. Johnny B. Badd, the long awaited Flair/Anderson battle, a disastrous War Games and much more.

So sit back, settle in and join JT and Chad as they work their way through the one and only Monday Night Wrestling War era!

http://placetobenati...all-brawl-1995/

#6 Bigelow34

Bigelow34
  • Members
  • 1081 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:46 PM

If you are a fan of our new Wrestling War Zone: Monday Night Wars podcast with JT & Chad or if you want to check it out, give their Facebook page a like! #WWE #WWENetwork

#7 Bigelow34

Bigelow34
  • Members
  • 1081 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:48 PM

In this episode of Wrestling War Zone: The Monday Night Wars, JT Rozzero & Chad Campbell break down the 9/18/95 episodes of Raw and Nitro. They talk Pepe, The Giant’s first promo, a shocking title change, a big win for Mr. Wonderful, Baywatch, the continuation of Savage’s issues with Luger, another hot Dean Douglas attack, an awful Million Dollar Corporation tag team match, the rise of Jean-Pierre Lafitte, a surprisingly fun main event for Raw and much more.

http://placetobenati...wars-3-9-18-95/

#8 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9529 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:17 AM

I'm pretty sure JT came to the right conclusion: I distinctly remember most of these early Monday nights and these shows definitely aired head-to-head. For instance, I remember the shock tag title change but I never even knew about the Bluebloods/Eaton fakeout until years later, I think all the way until I watched the '95 Yearbook here, because I happened to be on Raw while that part was going on. 

I actually have no memory at all of Thursday Raw replays and don't even remember Meltzer going over them in the WON, so I don't think they lasted long. 

#9 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1780 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:19 AM

I let the first few eps build up so I could binge-watch this glorious content before listening. Just started IYH 3. Waylon Mercy ❤️.

#10 Bigelow34

Bigelow34
  • Members
  • 1081 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:25 AM

Thanks bud! Lives are gonna be...

And Pete, we uncovered some info on the Thursday replays, so stay tuned...

#11 Bigelow34

Bigelow34
  • Members
  • 1081 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:54 AM

In this episode of Wrestling War Zone: The Monday Night Wars, JT Rozzero & Chad Campbell dive into WWF In Your House #3. They talk about the Raw Thursday replay mystery, an odd loss for Waylon Mercy, the sad spiraling of Sid, a big night for the Bulldog, Bigelow as a face, the ugly tights of Dean Douglas, the gem that is Hart vs. Lafitte, confusion in the main event and much more.

http://placetobenati...n-your-house-3/

#12 robertsilva

robertsilva
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:54 AM

In this episode of Wrestling War Zone: The Monday Night Wars, JT Rozzero & Chad Campbell dive into WWF In Your House #3. They talk about the Raw Thursday replay mystery, an odd loss for Waylon Mercy, the sad spiraling of Sid, a big night for the Bulldog, Bigelow as a face, the ugly tights of Dean Douglas, the gem that is Hart vs. Lafitte, confusion in the main event and much more.[/size]

So sit back, settle in and join JT and Chad as they work their way through the one and only Monday Night Wrestling War era![/size]

http://placetobenati...n-your-house-3/

While 1995 was a bad year for the WWF both creatively and at the box office, they had enough talent to succeed if booked correctly. Bam Bam was over huge after the LT match and then turned on by the Million Dollar Corporations, but his momentum was stymied. Sid turning on Shawn was a great angle, but his push was also stymied. Bret Hart had incredible matches with Lafitte and Hakushi and Diesel, and Shawn had great matches with everyone, but there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to the booking. Diesel was over when he destroyed Backlund to win the title, but they made him this smiling, nice guy instead of the cool badass he was. They did absolutely nothing with Lex, and Hakushi and Lafitte were not utilized correctly as well. The talent was there. The booking was atrocious. And Shane Douglas was someone they didn’t need to bring in. He was a complete waste.

#13 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1465 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:45 AM

I'll be honest lads, when I first saw these, my reaction was 'Really? Jesus, again?!!!' but you've put a fresh coat of paint on the topic and it's been interesting so far.

Now, how about you two bridge the gap from the last WTBBP and cover WCW PPVs from July 93 to August 95?

#14 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1780 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:58 PM

That big, stinky, nasty Giant won’t know what hit him.

#15 Bigelow34

Bigelow34
  • Members
  • 1081 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:54 PM

In this episode of Wrestling War Zone: The Monday Night Wars, JT Rozzero & Chad Campbell dive into the 9/25/95 Monday Night Raw and Monday Nitro. They talk about dieting, the Observer notes of the week, the arrival of Clarence Mason, Marty Jannetty’s return, a big tag title change and the state of the tag division, the elevation of Davey Boy Smith, the first appearance of Disco Inferno, a great night for the Giant, the allegiance of Lex Luger, a surprising upset win for Meng, and much more.

#16 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10629 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:03 PM

Thanks Mick, I continue to think stuff involving the attitude era is viewed as old hat but even In the match discussion archive some of the lowest replied stuff is from 95-99 so I do believe there is value in revisiting. Giant in particular is looking better in retrospect so far.

#17 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1780 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:24 PM

Thanks Mick, I continue to think stuff involving the attitude era is viewed as old hat but even In the match discussion archive some of the lowest replied stuff is from 95-99 so I do believe there is value in revisiting. Giant in particular is looking better in retrospect so far.

I think there’s tons of value in it. I have only listened to the first two eps so far but I am loving it. It has definitely proven to me that I can pretty much watch any 1 hour wrestling show in the format of ‘90s Nitro/Raw and enjoy it. Shows are just a breeze for me.

#18 Bigelow34

Bigelow34
  • Members
  • 1081 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:26 PM

I agree... I am enjoying the deep dive and really paying attention to the details of the week to week. Plus I love talking to Chad, so this has been a blast for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users