Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-11-05-Monterrey] Negro Casas & Tony Rivera & Brazo de Plata vs Cien Caras & Mascara Ano 2000 & Universo 2000

soup23

First fall is brief with some Porky comedy but then the rudos taking over and dominating from that point forward. Porky does a great spot where he is getting chopped on the outside and bounces off a patrons hands because they fear him falling on them. I love this guy. Ano and Casas have a good sequence with each other. They are doing a lot of pandering to the crowd here but it is entertaining stuff garnering a reaction so I don’t mind that. Porky takes second fall in another innovative way where Casas chops his head making him squish Ano. In the third caida, they keep cutting to this fan that has fallen asleep on his girl. After a few nearfalls, we cut back and the patron is back to life. Porky is getting triple teamed inside the ring as Casas and Rivera recover. Nice win for the rudos and this trio is still being booked strong in 2000. *** (5.8)

• 2 months later...

This was short and sweet. Porky did some decent shtick for a change. I really liked the sequence where he almost fell on the fans and he did some great crying shtick as well. The Capos are kind of polished and not that great at the same time but I buy into them as rudos and I'm sure they can ratchet up their act if need be. I wasn't paying attention to the match listings and kept wondering why Tarzan Boy wasn't doing his rudo shit. Then the penny dropped. 

• GSR changed the title to [2000-11-05-Monterrey] Negro Casas & Tony Rivera & Brazo de Plata vs Cien Caras & Mascara Ano 2000 & Universo 2000