Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-11-11-CZW-Jersey Rulz] Trent Acid & Nick Gage vs Johnny Kashmere & Lobo

soup23

A beatdown by Gage and Acid leads to Lobo coming out and we get a big brawl. The Lobo vs Gage brawl on the floor was reckless and violent and easily the best thing Lobo has done this year. Acid and Gage are a pretty cool team together and even though this match came first chronologically, I watched it after Blade vs Mondo. Acid is much more on point with his high spots compared to Blade. The finish looked like it could have been one of those stupid double pins with Kashmere pinning Gage and Acid pinning Lobo but they kick out. Immediately afterward, Acid gets dropped on a chair with a cutter and then Gage brainbusters Kashmere on the chair. Sick spots. Lobo’s cradle DDT to Gage on the chair was less impressive but not atrocious. Acid and Johnny are left in the ring and Acid lands the reverse splash mountain onto a chair. Acid then sets up a stack on the outside but Lobo is able to powerbomb Acid through the chair setup. Lobo places Trent on a table and legdrops him through it from the top rope. With Gage looking on, Kashmere schoolboys him up for the win. Gage then attacks both Lobo and Johnny after the match keeping his aura. I really enjoyed this. ***1/2 (6.9)

• GSR changed the title to [2000-11-11-CZW-Jersey Rulz] Trent Acid & Nick Gage vs Johnny Kashmere & Lobo
  • 8 months later...

As I said in the write up of Kashmere vs Gage, Lobo is the one who makes the unlikely save as Johnny is the midst of taking a beating and this segues straight into this tag match.  He shows some good fire from the get go as he clubs away on Gage and Acid.  The four men pair off with the former Backseat Boyz staying in the ring while Lobo and Gage fight it out at ringside.  Gage piledrives Lobo on the concrete and then cracks him over the head with a chair.  With Lobo seemingly out of it for the time being he returns to the ring to help Trent, although all they can manage is a double powerbomb before Lobo is back.  Dewey Donovan holds two chairs in place either side of Lobo’s head and Gage and Acid each with a roaring elbow to one of them.  Orihara moonsault by Trent.  The merchandise table gets wiped out as Kashmere whips Gage into it before Lobo gives him a chair shot receipt for earlier.  They’re actually showing surprisingly good unity as a team, even busting out the old Backseat Boyz double hip toss into a combination neckbreaker/powerbomb spot.  Two man Death Valley Driver on Gage, but they’re too close to the ropes as he’s able to get a foot over the bottom one to break up the pin.  Chokeslam by Gage dropping Lobo across his own knee and Trent comes off the top onto him with a moonsault.  As Gage turns around he’s caught by a Kashmere crossbody and then goes for that suplex into a, chair assisted, stunner on his former partner, only doesn’t quite pull it off cleanly as Trent comes down hard knee first on the chair.  Gage is up and he flattens that chair by giving Johnny a brainbuster onto it.  Lobo with a double armed DDT.  Johnny heads up top and a groggy Trent falls backwards into the ropes causing him to crotch himself.  ‘Acid Bomb’ onto the chair.  Trent steps outside and arranges a bunch more chairs although probably wished he hadn’t bothered as Lobo powerbombs him into them.  He lays Acid across a table and puts him through it with a legdrop from the top turnbuckle to the floor.  Nutty!  As Gage looks on he’s schoolboyed by Kashmere for the three.  We’re not done just yet, Gage attacking both post-match as the victors are the ones who end up being left lying.

Agree with Chad’s comments about Lobo who actually looked competent for a change as opposed to flat out amateur and I did especially like the fire he showed on the save right at the start.  I didn’t see the Backseat Boyz split coming one bit, so they hooked me in on that and we got a pretty wild and crazy match to follow.  One that exceeded expectations going in and one that didn’t suffer from numerous blown or botched spots, something that tends to be a regular occurrence in CZW matches of this ilk.