Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-11-15-WCW-Thunder] Bam Bam Bigelow vs Crowbar

soup23

A straight plunder brawl and not one of the better versions of Crowbar’s recent matches as it was just set up spot, go through it, rinse and repeat. I also didn’t like the finish at all as babyface Mike Awesome sends Bigelow through a table allowing Crowbar to win. I get that Awesome lost to Bigelow on Monday but I don’t think that justified the lack of sportsmanship here. *1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2000-11-15-WCW-Thunder] Bam Bam Bigelow vs Crowbar
  • 1 month later...

Crowbar sprints to the ring again, although Bam Bam hasn’t done his scouting as he ducks out to the floor rather than getting the jump on him like previous opponents have.  Bigelow retrieves three tables from underneath, sliding the first two inside then propping the third up at ringside.  He blasts Crowbar over the head with a trash can and goes to run him into that third table, however Crowbar puts on the breaks and sends Bam Bam through it instead.  They make it into the ring where they hit just hit each other with weapons.  Bigelow slams Crowbar onto a trash can and then goes to throw him through a table that he’d positioned in the corner, only the table doesn’t break.  Running cannonball but Crowbar moves and he goes through it himself.  Crowbar tosses Bam Bam to the outside and nails him with a pescado.  Dropkick from the apron to the floor, a take on the ‘Van Daminator’ if you will as Crowbar connected with a chair that Bigelow had picked up.  There’s not much in the way of selling from the big man as he cracks Crowbar with said chair.  Back inside and Bam Bam lays Crowbar under the final table.  He heads upstairs when out runs Mike Awesome (in 70’s garb) who shoves him off the top turnbuckle sending him crashing through the table, Crowbar rolling out the way just in time.  Awesome then pulls Crowbar on top of Bigelow and he retains the Hardcore title.

A backward step after the recent innovation we’ve seen in the hardcore division.  This was all about table breaking and hitting each other over the head with weapons, nothing fancy and nothing we haven’t seen countless times before.  The lone bright spot was Crowbar’s dropkick off the apron to the floor, although I’m not too sure how I think about him needing Awesome’s help to win here.  Vito’s interference played a big part in winning the title in the first place and now he needs more interference to help him defend it?  They’re doing the guy no favours with the booking, and this after they gave him that post-match celebration where he put over what a big deal it was to win the belt.