Pro Wrestling Only

Big Time Wrestling (San Francisco) May 86

Captain Redneck

30 Minute infomercial announcing the return of Big Time Wrestling:

Roy Shire Speaking: I don't know what to say where, but thank you might be the best thing to say. Due to the efforts of Ray Stevens and most importantly, the fans, Big Time Wrestling is back. Starting later this week, our first televised show will be taped and shown later that day on this station, the great KTXL, at their studios. Our play by play man is one familiar with those in the area and his name is Hank Renner. The color man will be someone who every long time wrestling fan in the Bay area will recognize. This man has sold out the legendary Cow Palace and has spent his time lately in Hollywood acting in movies like Walking Tall and The Longest Yard and his name is Pepper Martin.

​Highlights from the past are playing for the next 5 minutes with Roy Shire commentating:

​We will be running mostly in the Bay area to such places as Oakland, Santa Rosa, San Jose just to name a few. We will also be running shows to beautiful Las Vegas twice a month and we will be running the Cow Palace twice a month. We will have talent from all over the world coming in to entertain the fans. Wrestlers from Mexico, Japan and England will be making their way to the Bay area to prove their worth as top flight professional wrestlers. We already have commitments from such world class wrestlers as "Hangman" Bobby Jaggers, the wild and crazy Bugsy McGraw, the Mongolian Stomper has also thrown his hat into the ring. We also have some of the most famous names in the history of West Coast wrestling coming in. "Maniac" Mark Lewin was a headliner for years in the Bay area. The Clawmaster himself, Baron Von Raschke has made it clear that he's coming here for gold. Then we have the man who has sold out the Cow Palace more then anyone in the history of wrestling on the West Coast coming home for as he has told me as his "last stand". That man is the legend himself, Ray Stevens.

​Highlights of Ray Stevens are shown:

Starting with our first show, we will be having a tournament to crown the Pacific Coast tag team champions. As of now, we have 8 teams entered into the tournament and the finals will be held at the Cow Palace in 3 weeks time. We will also be introducing the return of the Pacific Coast heavyweight championship. We will hold an 8 man tournament with the finals also being held at the Cow Palace as the same night the tag team titles will be awarded. Everyone who is involved with Big Time wrestling can't wait for next week to come. The return of Big Time Wrestling is near and we can't wait to see everyone out at the arena.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting out hot with two title tournaments. I love tournaments. Having both finals in one night should draw a good crowd to the Cow Palace.

I still plan on using Hashimoto & Chono the way I talked to you about.

I'm looking forward to that, too.

Very much looking forward to that tournament. I think Baron Von Raschke would be a smart choice for your inaugural singles champ. An established veteran bringing some eyeballs to your territory right off the bat and you can then focus on building your tag division however you like.

10 Minute Infomercial on the Pairings of the Tournaments coming up:

Roy Shire Speaking: We are here to announce the pairings for both the Pacific Coast Heavyweight Championship and the Pacific Coast Tag Team Championship. First is going to be the announcement for the Pacific Coast Tag Team Championship.

​Round 1:

​Los Villanos (III, IV, V) vs. Brett & Bart Sawyer

"Boogie Down Productions" Pez Whatley & Norvell Austin vs. Nick & Kelly Kiniski

"Bulldog" Bob Brown & Denny Brown vs. The Kansas Jayhawks

​Bugsy McGraw & Porkchop Cash vs. Mongolian Stomper & "Maniac" Mark Lewin

​Next we are going to announce the pairings for the 1st round of the Pacific Coast Heavyweight Championship.

​Round 1:

"Diamond" Timothy Flowers vs. Tiger Conway Jr.

​Baron Von Raschke vs. Kim Duk

​Ray Stevens vs. Moondog Moretti

Hacksaw Higgins vs. Bob Roop

​The rules for both Tournaments are as follows:

​[*] 1st round matches are 20 minutes long.

​[*] 2nd round matches are 30 minutes long.

[*] Finals are no time limit.

Cant wait for the tournaments. I like the fun Whatley/Austin pairing as well as the crazy Stomper/Lewin team. Like Edger, I'll go with the Kansas Jayhawks. As for the single's tournament, I'll pull for the Cow Palace icon Ray Stevens. I like his 'Last Stand' statement. I'll also be keeping an eye on Timothy Flowers.

Taped and Televised from KTXL Studios May 5th:

Opening is Highlights from the past:

Hank Renner: Welcome fans to the return of Big Time Wrestling. We are starting off strong with the 1st round of the Pacific Coast Tag Team Tournament. The pairings are as follows.

Round 1:

​Los Villanos (III, IV, V) vs. Brett & Bart Sawyer

"Boogie Down Productions" Pez Whatley & Norvell Austin vs. Nick & Kelly Kiniski

"Bulldog" Bob Brown & Denny Brown vs. The Kansas Jayhawks

​Bugsy McGraw & Porkchop Cash vs. Mongolian Stomper & "Maniac" Mark Lewin

Renner: Each 1st round match has a 20 minute time limit. Lets go up to the ring to the first match.

One Fall, 20 minute time limit:

Los Villanos (III & V) vs. Brett & Bart Sawyer

Renner:

It's the veterans from Mexico going up against the underdog Sawyer Cousins. There is a lot of stalling from the Villanos as Villano IV is taunting the Sawyers. It's III & Bart Sawyer to start and the match in the early going is in the favor of the Masked men from Mexico. They tag in and out like clockwork and work on the arm of Bart Sawyer. Brett Sawyer is chomping at the bit and finally is tagged in after about 8 minutes of action. Brett is a house of fire as his speed is too much for both Villanos to handle. After taking control, Brett tags Bart back in, who continues the onslaught. However, things change quickly as Bart whips Villano V into the corner and charges, but misses as V moves out of the way just in time. V tags out and III is back working on the now damaged arm of Bart. They again tag in and out for the next several minutes and Villano IV is outside the ring catcalling Brett. Brett's attention is away from the action as Villano V rolls up Bart Sawyer with the La magistral for the 3 count.

Winners in 13:49 and advancing to the 2nd round, Los Villanos.

Commercial Break

Renner: The Kiniski's are in the ring as the music plays for "Boogie Down Productions" in the studio and that means Pez Whatley & Norvell Austin are heading into the ring.

One Fall, 20 minute time limit:

Nick & Kelly Kiniski vs. "Boogie Down Productions" (Pez Whatley & Norvell Austin)

Renner: The next match-up is a pair of 2nd generation wrestlers and a team that apparently likes to "Boogie Down" all night long. Whatley & Kelly Kiniski lock up and it's Whatley with the advantage frustrating Kelly with his combination of speed and power. Whatley & Austin are playing up to the fans and they absolutely love it. It's all Whatley until Kelly breaks away and is able to tag in his brother. Nick is going to try his luck, but he isn't fairing much better as Whatley's experience is getting the best of the Kiniski boys. Austin yells out that he wants to join in the fun and Whatley happily tags in his partner. As Austin and Nick are ready to look up, Nick hits a boot to the mid-section and stuns Austin. This allows Nick to break the rules a bit with some choking along the ropes and eye-gouging. Austin is stunned and Nick tags Kelly and they hit a beautiful double suplex on Austin. Kelly uses his amateur wrestling background to keep Austin on the mat. The tide changes when Austin is able to get to his feet and take Kelly to the mat with a hip toss. Austin tags Whatley back in and Whatley goes on the attack for a minute or two. Then Whatley whips Kelly into the ropes and Whatley rebounds from the other side to nail Kiniski with a running headbutt and only gets a 2 count as Nick comes to his brother's defense to break-up the pin. This allows Austin to join the fray and he starts to work over Nick on the other side of the ring. Whatley then again whips Kelly into the corner and connects with a flying elbow and gets the cover for the victory.

Winners in 9:17 and advancing on in the Tournament, "Boogie Down Productions"

Commercial Break

​One Fall, 20 minute time limit:

​"Bulldog" Bob Brown & Denny Brown vs. The Kansas Jayhawks

Renner: We head back to the to the ring with the Jayhawks signing autographs for the fans at ringside. As we await "Bulldog" Bob Brown & Denny Brown, we would like to mention that tickets will be going on sale on Monday morning for shows in Oakland, San Jose and Santa Rosa. Out comes referee Sammy Stein from the back and he is talking to ring announcer Roy Shire.

Roy Shire: Due to the fact that Bob & Denny Brown haven't made it to the arena yet in time for their scheduled match, the winner by forfeit are The Kansas Jayhawks

Quick commercial about tickets going on sale

Renner: I have here at ringside Bobby Jaggers & Dutch Mantel. Fellows, what due you think about winning your match by forfeit?

Jaggers: I ​really have no idea what to think. If you are scheduled to be here for such of an important match, you would think that you would arrive several hours early before the match starts.

Mantel: I agree with Bobby, Hank. I guess that the tag team titles weren't important enough for them to show up. I know that Bob Brown has a bit of a yellow streak that goes down his back and maybe that streak also goes down Denny Brown's back as well. (Out comes Bob Roop from the back)

Roop: ( Looking at Jaggers & Mantel) Everything has been taken care of. (Walks away from ringside)\

Renner: What does that mean Dutch?

Mantel: ( With a puzzled look on his face) Renner, I have no idea what Roop is talking about.

Goes to Commercial

One Fall, 20 minutes:

Bugsy McGraw & Porkchop Cash vs. The Mongolian Stomper & "Maniac" Mark Lewin

Renner: Well hopefully, we can get some answers in the upcoming weeks from Bob Roop on what he meant. Here we have 4 veterans on the mat wars in action as Bugsy is dancing in circles around the ring and Mark Lewin is just staring at him like he was in a trance. The bell rings and The Stomper & Lewin blindside McGraw & Cash from behind. Cash is tossed out of the ring and Lewin follows him out and behind the referee's back, runs his head into the steel ring post. Cash is done and out and Lewin rolls back in the ring to help The Stomper double team McGraw. They continue to beat and batter McGraw until referee Joe Gardenfield is able to get Lewin out of the ring. McGraw is in really no shape to continue as the Stomper isn't giving Bugsy any rest whatsoever. The Stomper tag in and out with Lewin and work on McGraw's neck. Cash is still outside the ring and hasn't moved a muscle since Lewin's attack on him. Lewin picks Bugsy up for a body slam and tags The Stomper, who climbs the top rope and delivers a devastating Knee Drop onto the head of McGraw. Instead of going for the cover, Stomper tags Lewin back in and he picks McGraw's already lifeless body up and applies the Singapore Sleeper on Bugsy and out goes the lights as McGraw in no time flat, passes out as the referee calls for the bell.

Winners in 6:08 and advancing, The Mongolian Stomper & "Maniac" Mark Lewin.

Renner: The 1st round is over and the action was crisp. Here are the brackets for the 2nd Round:

Los Villanos vs. "Boogie Down Productions" Pez Whatley & Norvell Austin

The Kansas Jayhawks vs. The Mongolian Stomper & "Maniac" Mark Lewin

I get this feeling that the Jayhawks aren't going to be cheered for long. Villanos advancing is the right call, I think they could get a lot of heat pretty much anywhere. Seems like a heel dominated territory right off the bat.

Oh man, what did Bob Roop do??? Boogie Down Productions have a fun debut and seem to have the fans behind them. Lewin and Stomper demolish Cash and McGraw. Good TV and great format to start the tournament. You did a great job of establishing your talent here as well as setting up future storylines.

Great use of the talent you've got on your roster. You've already got some intrigue set up, making us wonder what might happen next. And the way you have Renner narrating the action gives Big Time a distinct feel.

When you get the time, I suggest you read and comment on everyone else's shows as well.

Taped and Televised from KTXL Studios May 6th:

​Highlights from the opening round start the show.

Hank Renner: Welcome back after an exciting 1st round for the Pacific Coast Tag Team Championship. Here are the match-ups and rules for round 2.

Round 2:

​The Kansas Jayhawks vs. The Mongolian Stomper & "Maniac" Mark Lewin.

​Renner: Each match-up has a 30 minute time limit.

One Fall, 30 minutes:

Renner: In round 1, the veterans of Lucha Libre used their experience to defeat Brett & Bart Sawyer. They are taunting the crowd in the studio, signaling that they will have the belts around their waists. Here comes Whatley & Austin making their way to ringside, slapping hands with everyone, as Villano V is yelling something at them in Spanish. As Whatley & Austin are taking off their jackets, the Villanos attack them before the bell rings and the action spills to the floor. Villano III is paired off with Austin and V is going at it with Whatley. The referee rings the bell and the match is on. All 4 men are hitting each other with punches and kicks, until Whatley throws Villano V back into the ring. Whatley uses his amateur background from the University of Tennessee Charlotte and has V trapped in a surfboard, using the Lucha style against the veteran from Mexico. Whatley is still on the ground working over the back and neck of V, until Whatley gets up to his feet and picks V up for a body slam. Whatley tags in Austin, who fells V with a dropkick and then he goes to work on the fallen Villano. Austin & Whatley tag in and out for the next 8 minutes, until V see an opening and hits Austin with an elbow to the jaw. This allows V to stumble over and take his brother, who connects with a knee to the side of Austin's ribs. Austin doubles over on the mat and this allows Villano III to take over the offense and deliver a series of punishing knees to Austin's ribs and back. Austin is in trouble and is coughing a red substance up and the referee goes over to get on him. III quickly pushes the referee away and continues his attack to the injured Austin. III whips Austin into his corner, where his brother's knee hits Austin square in his kidney.

​Austin lets out a big scream as V is tagged back in and he climbs to the top rope and hands an double axe handle to the side of Austin's lower back. V goes for the cover and Austin barely kicks out at 2 1/2. Whatley is on the ring apron cheering his partner on and Austin must've heard something he liked, because Austin hits V with a punch to the solar plexus. Austin is able to dive over and tag in Whatley. Whatley is hitting both Villanos with punches and forearms and picks III up and tosses him between the ropes to the floor. As he does this, V tries a to roll Whatley up, but Whatley counters and gets an inside cradle for a 2 count. Whatley drags V over to his corner and tags Austin in and they whip V into the ropes and Austin rebounds of the ropes and hits V with a flying headbutt and covers V for the 3 count. The Villanos are stunned and attack Whatley & Austin after the match and beat on them for a few minutes until, Tiger Conway Jr. comes in to save the day.

Winners and advancing to the finals in 24:57, "Boogie Down Productions", Pez Whatley & Norvell Austin

Commercial Break:

Renner: After coming out as the Kansas Jayhawks were being interviewed by myself, Bob Roop made some interesting and more importantly, cryptic comments about the way the Jayhawks won their match, we wanted to bring out Mr. Roop to see if he would clarify on what he meant about that everything was taken care of. Would you like to clarify to us on what you meant last week.

Roop: Listen, the man had me come out to tell Mantel & Jaggers that everything was taken care of. Is that difficult to understand?

Renner: Who is this man you are taking about? Do we know him?

Roop: He's the man who told me to come out and talk to the Jayhawks. You know that birds of a feather flock together.

Renner: I'm not following you Mr.Roop. What do you mean about birds of a feather flock together?

Roop: You know the old saying, don't you?

Renner: Yes I know that saying, but what does that have to do with the Jayhawks?

Roop: Correct, you understand. (walks off to the back) (Renner looks confused).

Commercial Break:

One Fall, 30 minutes.

The Kansas Jayhawks vs. Mongolian Stomper & "Maniac" Mark Lewin

Renner: ​Last week, the Jayhawks was scheduled for a 1st round match, but their opponents didn't show up. His week we know that their opposition is here as here comes The Mongolian Stomper & The Maniac himself, Mark Lewin. It appears that they haven't come alone as Don Carson has accompanied them to ringside. The Jayhawks look a bit worried seeing that Don Carson is at ringside helping out this already dangerous duo. After introduction the bell rings and it's Jaggers & The Stomper starting out. Both wrestlers are circling each other, feeling one another out as Carson is talking to Lewin. Right before Jaggers goes in to lock up with the Stomper, Don Carson yells something to the Stomper & Lewin. They both nod and Lewin jumps into the ring with something in his hand and hits Jaggers in the temple and knocks him out cold. Referee Sammy Stein rushes over to Lewin, who hands over a pair of Brass Knuckles to Stein. Stein looks confused, wondering on why Lewin would simply hand over any evidence of any wrong doing. Stein has no choice to ring the bell and call for the match and he raises the hands of Mantel & the fallen Jaggers. Carson, Stomper & Lewin just simply walk away from ringside.

Winners via DQ, The Kansas Jayhawks

​Commercial Break:

Renner: I'm truly at a loss of words on what's going on with the Kansas Jayhawks. Possibly the only thing that I do know is that in 2 weeks at the Cow Palace, The Kansas Jayhawks will face off against "Boogie Down Productions" in the finals of the Pacific Coast Tag Team Championship.

​NEXT WEEK, will begin the first round of the Pacific Coast Heavyweight Championship. The rules are the same as it was for the Tag Team Tournament, as the 1st round each match-up has a 20 minute time limit. Here are those 1st round matches.

Round 1:

"Diamond" Timothy Flowers vs. Tiger Conway Jr.

​Baron Von Raschke vs. Kim Duk

​Ray Stevens vs. Moondog Moretti

Hacksaw Higgins vs. Bob Roop