The Pro-wrestling Curve of Attractiveness

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#41 Yo-Yo's Roomie

Yo-Yo's Roomie
  • Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:43 PM

My wife thinks wrestling and wrestlers are gross, but back during his first run she said Drew Mc was a handsome man. She also says Orton has a great body. Her all-time fave is Cesaro.

#42 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4725 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:44 PM

I briefly had a roomie who was insanely homophobic, and I loved mentioning that Justin Gabriel was hot and had a sweet ass. Number one, it's true; and number two because he'd flip out and get all flustered and mad at me. 😀
My ex wife thought Rick Rude was sexy and when she first went to an ROH show with me, she told me she thought CM Punk was hot. And this was blond hair and basketball shorts Punk.

#43 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5572 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

I was watching some Mid-Atlantic the other day and my wife was like "is this the one with the really ugly guy." After talking through it with her I realized she was talking about Kerry Von Erich. She thinks Kerry is fucking ugly.

#44 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10000 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

Well, I thought he had a horse kinda face. And he looked dumb as fuck too. I guess if you like the dumb jock style, it can pass for attractive, but really… Abs and other muscles don't do the trick unless you have no brain either.

#45 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5572 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:23 PM

He's kind of the Sarah Jessica Parker of wrestlers.

#46 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2402 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

Rusev is actually quite a good looking guy, as his recent leaner, cleaner look demonstrates.

This thread has officially become "my smark favorite is damn handsome too."

Lana disagrees.

Look, as a straight guy who has never seen Rusev in person, I'm clearly more qualified to judge his looks than his wife!

He's bland...as a wrestler. Doesn't affect his looks one iota.

I'm not a fan of Finn the wrestler either, but he's genuinely good-looking, unlike Ricky Morton or Tommy Rich.

My take on that is one's perception of attractiveness goes beyond physical appearance, and depending on how one sees another, a good looking person might end up being average to the eye of the beholder, and vice-versa.

While all you say is indeed true, my perception of Finn being really bland "downgrades" his overall attractiveness, you know.

Contrast that with my first post in this thread: Ric Flair wasn't exactly beautiful, but he carried himself like really no one else did, and that surely counts for his attractiveness - and I think that also applied to people like HBK and CM Punk. Likewise, Bryan being this wholesome person makes him stand out more amongst others.

Fair enough, as I feel the same way about Torrie Wilson - drop dead gorgeous but comes across as such a useless, brainless bimbo with nothing upstairs that it's impossible for me to find her attractive.

#47 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2471 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

Look guys, what we really need to get to the bottom of is what C.S. thinks about Torrie Wilson.

#48 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2402 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:55 PM

Look guys, what we really need to get to the bottom of is what C.S. thinks about Torrie Wilson.

It's simple: She's drop dead gorgeous, but also comes across as drop dead dumb. The latter doesn't appeal to me.

Same as KawadaSmiles not finding Finn Balor handsome because he's bland in the ring.

#49 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2471 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:21 PM

It's simple: She's drop dead gorgeous, but also comes across as drop dead dumb. The latter doesn't appeal to me.

Same as KawadaSmiles not finding Finn Balor handsome because he's bland in the ring.

Can you please hop off the fence and tell us your feelings on Torrie already?

#50 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 2402 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:19 PM

Can you please hop off the fence and tell us your feelings on Torrie already?

Hey, you asked. B)

#51 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4725 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:51 PM

Is "bland in the ring" is code for "I can't stop looking at his package?" Cause if so, I agree. What Irish curse? Finn Balor, destroyer of stereotypes.

#52 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

Is "bland in the ring" is code for "I can't stop looking at his package?" Cause if so, I agree. What Irish curse? Finn Balor, destroyer of stereotypes.

He's not working spots around his hog, can't take him seriously

#53 Jetlag

Jetlag
  • Members
  • 1344 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:01 AM

So, since I always wanted to ask this... is it true Giant Baba was considered really handsome back in the day?

#54 gordi

gordi

monster gaijin

• Members
  • 1985 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:51 AM

So, since I always wanted to ask this... is it true Giant Baba was considered really handsome back in the day?

1d640ec5ae8143e6da4afd504de97cb3.jpg

I'm wondering which classic wrestlers of the 50s 60s and 70s might have been considered handsome in their day. 

#55 Magnum Milano

Magnum Milano
  • Members
  • 2180 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:38 AM

I also really liked Tori, Ivory and Victoria circa 2000-2002. 

Agree fully about Ivory from pretty much the first moment I saw her on WWF TV.  Of the current WWE women it's all about Becky and Sonya for me (along with Dakota in NXT).

If the Karate Hottie was in the WWE and not the UFC, she'd easily be at the top of my list.

I barely watch MMA these days, but there's something about Rose Namajunas since she shaved her head.  I always thought Joanne Calderwood was super cute too.

#56 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10000 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:37 AM

Classic Baba picture. 

Harley Race was ruggedly handsome I would guess.

#57 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5572 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:52 AM

I thought you were going in a totally different direction with that destroyer of.

#58 KawadaSmile

KawadaSmile
  • Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:46 AM

I'm wondering which classic wrestlers of the 50s 60s and 70s might have been considered handsome in their day. 

I'd say Jack Brisco looks handsome.

Agree fully about Ivory from pretty much the first moment I saw her on WWF TV.  Of the current WWE women it's all about Becky and Sonya for me (along with Dakota in NXT).

YES! Sonya is amazing! I might be one of her biggest fans, and legit her growth as a wrestler is impressive. Shame they threw her to Ronda with no fanfare.

#59 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:31 PM

Giant Baba looks like a damn alien from another world.

DcQ7258W4AAYfzX.jpg

Ruggedly handsome? I love Orndorff but that might be a stretch.

#60 Alucard

Alucard
  • Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

Agree fully about Ivory from pretty much the first moment I saw her on WWF TV.  Of the current WWE women it's all about Becky and Sonya for me

YES! Sonya is amazing! I might be one of her biggest fans, and legit her growth as a wrestler is impressive. Shame they threw her to Ronda with no fanfare.

Agreed as well, love Sonya, maybe my second fav behind Bliss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users