Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling May 1986

SirEdger

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another fun show. Nice to see Martel calling out Nikita and asking for the match. Thanks for showcasing my Mid Atlantic guys. I love what you're doing with Kernodle. He sure did set the tone of his reign with that win over Adonis. Kirchner will have a lot to say on my next TV. Looking forward to Leduc's mystery partner.

May 11th, 1986

CNE Coliseum, Toronto, ON

-Armand Rougeau beat MS-1 in 6:01

-Buddy Landell beat NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit in 15:59

Guest Referee - Bruno Sammartino: The Great Samu (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat Satanico in 21:31

-Raymond Rougeau beat "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal in 10:35

-Chris Candido beat Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland in 12:14

Special Attraction: Bruiser Brody beat The Botswana Beast (w/Floyd Creatchman) in 11:37

-Super Destroyer #2 beat Tommy Rogers in 21:54

-NWA World Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel & "Adorable" Adrian Adonis (subbing for Jacques Rougeau) beat The Hart Brothers (Owen & Keith) in 47:18....Certainly that Paul E must not have been thrilled with Adonis appointing himself as Martel partner!

Landell gets a big win over the Light Heavyweight champion. Candido upsets Charland. Candido is coming on strong in this world. Brody/Beast must of been one heck of a brawl. How about Adonis subbing for Jacques, very interesting. The Martel/Adonis team proved to be successful with a big win over the Hart brothers.

I'll bet the TO crowd was hot for Bruiser Brody vs The Botswana Beast.

I have to imagine that, in a long match like that, Martel and Adonis bumped and sold a lot for The Hart Brothers before ultimately going over.

At that stage, LeDuc was entering pretty much the twilight of his career even though he kept wrestling until the mid-90s. But in the 70s and the 80s, he was a hot act in the Southern US and in Quebec. Jos LeDuc and Jerry Lawler had a huge feud in the 70s before they became tag team partner in the early 80s for a while. It's probably LeDuc's most notable feud in the US, other than his stuff in Porto Rico.

Lethal Lottery Friday

May 16th, 1986

Civic Centre, Ottawa, ON

-Satanico beat Gilles "The Fish" Poisson in 5:37

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Tommy Rogers in 17:28

Lethal Lottery Match, Guest Referee - Bruno Sammartino: "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal & MS-1 beat The Killer Bees in 45:07

-Bobby Fulton beat Steve Keirn in 7:32

NWA National Heavyweight Championship: Jimmy Snuka beat Kokina Maximus (w/Paul E. Dangerously) in 38:06 after Jos LeDuc interferes and struck Kokina with his tag team championship belt while Paul E tried to interject himself with the National title belt - TITLE CHANGE!!!

Lethal Lottery: Rolling Thunder beat Gino Brito & NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Prince Alofa Fatu in 13:51

Lethal Lottery 6-Men Elimination Tag: NWA World Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel, King Tonga & NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Champion Don Kernodle beat The Rougeau Brothers in 46:04

Order of Elimination:

-Armand Rougeau by Don Kernodle

-Don Kernodle & Jacques Rougeau by double countout after brawling all the way to the back

-King Tonga by Raymond Rougeau

-Raymond Rougeau by Rick Martel

Very interested to see where Snuka goes. He has not had many championships in this game but his stardom was huge in the 80's

In this case, I figured it was a good way to have the spotlight on him a bit in the NWA without taking too much the focus away from the top draws like Martel, Kerry, Nikita & Dibiase. And he's gonna have some fun people to work with to defend the title not only here in Lutte, but in Mid-Atlantic and everywhere else in the NWA.

WOW! Big win for Snuka! Should be very interesting to see where this goes. That 6 Man tag was loaded with talent. Things between Kernodle and Jacques are escalating. I would love to carry this feud over to MACW. I agree, great way to end the show with Martel

I think it's a matter of time before Jacques Rougeau shows up at a TV taping to take care of Don Kernodle! ;)

NWA Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling TV LIVE!

May 17th, 1986

Avonlea, SK

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

Quick and Dirty Results

-The show started with Jos LeDuc in the ring with Édouard Carpentier to discuss tonight's main event for the NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship. But before Jos could get anything out, Paul E Dangerously hit the ring with the Samoan SWAT Team. Paul E is incensed that Jos cost Kokina Maximus the NWA National Heavyweight Championship last night and handing it to Jimmy Snuka. Paul E says that if Kokina has to go back to Mid-Atlantic to bring it back here, so be it. But for now, Jos will pay the ultimate price and they're gonna make sure that he doesn't make it to the main event. The Samoans surround Jos LeDuc when....OH MY GOD.....TOMMY RICH IS HERE! AND HE'S GOT A CHAIR IN HAND! Paul E is completely stunned as he sees Tommy Rich standing side-by-side with Jos LeDuc. Jos simply ended the segment by telling Paul E : "Meet my tag team partner....and future tag team champion!"

-In the first match of the night, Rolling Thunder defeated the makeshift team of Adrian Adonis (w/Paul E. Dangerously) & Pirata Morgan in 15:22 when an argument started between Adonis and Morgan and Adonis walked out on Morgan. The broadcast team explains that MS-1 wasn't cleared to wrestle after his match last night in Ottawa so Paul E "volunteered" Adonis to be his tag team partner. This seems to be an omen of what's to come for the Dangerous Alliance tonight....

-Gilles "The Fish" Poisson beat Armand Rougeau in 10:42. Armand had his ribs taped following the assault by King Kong Bundy on MACW-TV last week and Poisson took advantage of this. After the match, King Tonga jumped on Armand and attacked his ribs even more.

-"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal beat Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) in 13:34

-Lord Humongous (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat Jacques Rougeau in 15:10 after Jacques was distracted by the American anthem being played, anticipating the appearance of Don Kernodle. Instead, Humongous just squashed him in the corner and hit a powerslam. Clearly, Kernodle is still in Jacques' head...

-Chris Candido beat The Cobra in 11:07. The rise of Chris Candido continues!

NWA Canadian International TV Championship: "Maniac" Matt Borne beat Steve Keirn in 14:10 to retain

-Bobby Fulton beat Gino Brito in 16:42 in a great technical bout

NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship: In the main event, The Samoan SWAT Team (w/Paul E Dangerously & The Great Samu) beat Jos LeDuc & Tommy Rich in 14:57 to retain after The Great Samu attacked Tommy Rich outside, allowing Fatu & Kokina to double-team Jos LeDuc in the ring. After the match, Paul E said he was sick and tired of dealing with Jos LeDuc and it's time for him to move on to some other things. NWA Enforcer Bruno Sammartino comes out and says that Paul E. doesn't get to decide things over here, he does. And it'll be over when he says it's over. Bruno grants Jos LeDuc a chance to settle his grudge with Kokina once and for all tomorrow night in Kitchener, ON. Bruno wants to deal with them separately and collectively. Collectively, Bruno announces that next Sunday night in Calgary, AB, the Samoan SWAT Team will be defending the Tag Team titles against Lutte Internationale's newest tag team. Paul E says it's unfair because Fatu will be in Japan and won't be there to defend the title so he invokes the Freebird rule to have Samu defend the titles with Kokina, which Bruno accepts. As for their separate dealings, Bruno Sammartino says that Fatu will be taken care of in Japan next week during his match in the tour ender, on the same night Rick Martel defends the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against Jumbo Tsuruta. As for Kokina Maximus, Bruno says that he would like to see Kokina do to his opponent next week what he's been doing to Jos LeDuc for the past few weeks. Paul E says no matter who it is, he will. Bruno introduces Kokina's opponent for next week:

andre-the-giant.jpg

ANDRE THE GIANT!!! Andre comes standing next to Bruno and Paul E is completely apopleptic while Kokina keeps staring Andre. The show ends with separate shots of Andre and Kokina's mammoth staredown!

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!!!

I appreciate the nod toward the Martel vs Jumbo match.

Andre staring down Kokina is an awesome image.

Was Armand always the lesser of the three Rougeau Brothers, or do you think he could have been Jaques and Raymond's equal, had he not needed back surgery?

What a way to end the show with a blockbuster announcement of Andre the Giant as Kokina's opponent! Great continuity of Armand's injury at the hands of Bundy. Tommy Rich showing up was another fun surprise. That Kernodle is really messing with Jacques, even when he's not there. I have a feeling Jacques will be heading to Mid Atlantic soon for some payback.

I appreciate the nod toward the Martel vs Jumbo match.

Andre staring down Kokina is an awesome image.

Was Armand always the lesser of the three Rougeau Brothers, or do you think he could have been Jaques and Raymond's equal, had he not needed back surgery?

Actually, it's hard to tell because Armand didn't have a career as lenghty as Jacques & Raymond because of his back injury and his career only lasted from 1982 to 1987. I remember that he was scheduled to join Jacques & Raymond in WWF when they jumped IRL in 1986 but his back problems prevented him from doing so (it happened like 1 month before he was supposed to make the jump). I think that Armand felt more the pressure of living up to the Rougeau family name and he had to retire because of that injury, it was really hard for him. A couple of years ago, a local sports station in Quebec had a documentary on the Rougeau family where Armand talks about it. If I knew that there were some English subtitles I could find for it, I'd send you the link because it's really interesting as it covers the entire Rougeau family.