Pro Wrestling Only

Bruce Prichard's credibility

Loss

It all goes back to people (fans) feeling like they can be a part of something. They can be part of what feels like a smaller more in-the-know "elite" group if they walk around wearing a Prichard shirt. It makes them feel better than the common fan and gives them something to identify with.

Who is this person? Someone who says IWC and thinks everyone is being buried except Roman Reigns?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all goes back to people (fans) feeling like they can be a part of something. They can be part of what feels like a smaller more in-the-know "elite" group if they walk around wearing a Prichard shirt. It makes them feel better than the common fan and gives them something to identify with.

Who is this person? Someone who says IWC and thinks everyone is being buried except Roman Reigns?

Beats me. I just follow Benjamin Wittes, Walter Shaub, and Natasha Bertrand on twitter, no wrestling people.

Conrad also kept plugging Russo's Realm Network, which I guess is his podcast or company, and that makes any "strife" between them feel like a work between two carnies.

Yeah I forgot to mention that, good point CS. Conrad was clearly promoting Russo's podcast and Network, he mentioned it a few times in detail. It sure sounded like he was plugging him, which also made me suspicious about the whole thing being some sort of "work."

Conrad has been open about wanting to launch a podcast with Russo I'm his format if he could. So this is not at all an unreasonable theory.

Yeah, like Bix said, it's probably just a case of Conrad wanting to do a podcast with Russo - or it could as simple as something for Starrcast.

Truthfully, Conrad has no reason not to want to do a podcast with Russo. It's more money for him. They're all workers anyway, so I doubt it much matters if Russo is "enemies" with other people Conrad does podcasts with. Business is business.

Beats me. I just follow Benjamin Wittes, Walter Shaub, and Natasha Bertrand on twitter, no wrestling people.

Wittes is a terrific follow. But yes, PWO.

I always try to cull my Twitter follows but haven't done a very good job of it. Definitely need to make some cuts.

Has Bruce addressed his substance abuse issues on the show? He has no obligation to do so, but I just wondered if he has opened up about it at all.

On the WWE Network Russo episode, actually.

Paraphrasing: "I haven't done pills in fifteen years and take only the occasional drink."

I think it came up because Conrad suggested Russo would question Prichard's memory because of past substance issues.

Has Bruce addressed his substance abuse issues on the show? He has no obligation to do so, but I just wondered if he has opened up about it at all.

If memory serves, Bruce got most into his drug and booze use when doing the first time fired by Vince and his year off in GWF episode(s). He's told some singular stories as well--the Roddy Piper podcast comes to mind--but the majority of them involve him talking about having a good time and being able to handle it. I think it was maybe the NWO episode, but there was a fairly heated argument about drugs and the lack of empathy from the wwe at points between Conrad and Bruce, where Bruce went full Vince mode

Unless one of his other partners gets mad. Conrad is screwed without Prichard.

I don't buy this at all. He's had 4 successful wrestling podcasts and figured out different ways to monetize them. If Prichard had a falling out with him, he could still probably pick just about anybody interested and just launch another one.

He has, but never all in one place or in one particular episode. They talk about it a fair bit in the infamous "Why Was Bruce Fired" episode, but as peachchaos said, he alludes to his substance use throughout the history of the show when it comes up during the course of conversation more than anything. He actually talked about it more during an interview he did with the Two Man Powertrip of Wrestling podcast a while back. Actually, he did that interview in response to Russo. After Prichard did his initial podcast on Russo, Russo replied in a podcast of his own and claimed that Prichard's memory couldn't be trusted because he was a pill user and a drunk.

At different times throughout the course of his show, Prichard has confessed to doing cocaine, smoking a lot of pot and popping a lot of pills. He claims that despite rumors to the contrary, he never went to rehab to address the issue. He claimed he has no problem with the concept of rehab but that he never felt he was out of control enough to need to go. He has claimed he no longer does coke or pills and rarely smokes pot, but he still drinks a fair bit of beer. If you read between the lines, it sounds like the combination of his wife being diagnosed with cancer and being a father might have made him decide to slow down a bit. Plus, he did have two heart attacks, so there's that too. There was one humorous story (I forget on which episode) where Bruce says that he's not surprised people think he's been through rehab - his own brother (Dr.) Tom assumed he had been and was shocked when Bruce told him he hadn't.

Tremendous.

I'm far from being a big Dave defender, but that whole Cornette spiel was just splendid.

I enjoy the shit out of Bruce's show. The bullshitting, the impressions, the insight into Vince's philosophies, and the fun stories - it's almost always a blast to listen to that stuff. But this sound-off by Corny was great. No nonsense. No frills. It sounded like a friend stepping in and just saying, "Hey, man. Cool it with the bullshit." Good stuff.

With that being said, you kind of get the impression that all the constant shots at Jerry Jarrett sort of crossed a line - at least eventually, it not initially - for Cornette. I know he didn't make a big deal (and even downplayed) the separation from MLW radio, but the timing of Bischoff coming onboard plus the WWE Network deal for Prichard all happening concurrently kind of makes me wonder if they played a part in Corny just sort of drifting off in his own direction. Maybe not, but it's something to consider anyhow.

I popped for Last's little dig toward the end, too. "Yeah, you were there. But were you lucid?!"

Can't even lie. That cracked me up.