Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Backlash 2018

KawadaSmile

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mickie is the #1 worker in the company at the moment. She's been on fire this year.

Not as much buzz for the show as I was expecting, looks pretty good on paper. But I also didn't watch the GRR so others could be more burnt out that I am. I'm attempting a live blog:

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2018/05/wwe-backlash-2018-live-blog.html

Miz vs. Rollins

I'm nowhere near as high on Miz as most are, but this may have been his best match ever, and Rollins continued his recent terrific run here. Well paced, terrific selling, excellent counters and transitions, near falls that weren't overdone. This match hit on every note. If we get anything else at or above this level this show will be a massive home run.

Being called the hottest superstar on the company right now and getting the type of W he got tonight, it's nice seeing them book an IC champ as strong as this. He's also getting a main event run very soon, they don't push a narrative this strongly unless they have bigger plans. It's also nice that Rollins is this over too.

If they're building toward Miz vs. Bryan, this is a weird way to do it. Maybe Cass does win tonight? :|

Miz costing D-Bry the win and then Cass capitalizing and winning semi-clean is the finish I've assumed they are doing since they made the match official.

Being called the hottest superstar on the company right now and getting the type of W he got tonight, it's nice seeing them book an IC champ as strong as this. He's also getting a main event run very soon, they don't push a narrative this strongly unless they have bigger plans. It's also nice that Rollins is this over too.

I was happy to hear them refer to the I/C Title as the "workhorse championship" too. Miz really did help restore some prestige to that championship, as goofy as that sounds.