Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/07 - 05/13

KawadaSmile

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a loner here in that I like Mauro.

Mauro has his odd quirks and irritating habits, but he's still the best by far.

You generally won't get that opinion on a board that worships the rancid Booker T though. ;)

I like that he actually talks like a human being. He doesn't speak WWE which makes him refreshing. He also seems to genuinely enjoy what he's watching unlike any of the main roster guys. Even Graves seems like he's been infected by Cole's shittiness.

I only really get to watch the PPV shows anymore so I only have those to go off on. Is it just me or has Graves really been regressing as bad as he has on the PPVs? Is he this rough on RAW and Smackdown too? He spends more time dunking on Saxton than he does calling the match sometimes. It's getting to be way overkill. He used to mock Tom in NXT but it wasn't 2-3 minute rants that occurred every few minutes like what's been happening now.

Mauro would be so much better (and easier to listen to) if he wouldn't try so hard to shoehorn pop culture refrences into his commentary that make him sound like the "hello, fellow kids" meme.

Him trying at least 20 seconds to come up with that Infinity War analogy during the ladder match was PAINFUL

Unless they make Roman turn into the delusional heel with this material, he's fucked. His promos are good and he sounds convincing, but considering the overall booking, that does not matter at all.

I feel like this almost HAS to be what they are doing.

Also, can we talk about how fucking weird that Lashley interview was? I don’t know where they are going with it but I am here for some weird athletic monster talking about his sisters all the time.

In news sure to thrill most of you, Sucka T will apparently replace Coach on commentary for next week's Raw in London. Coach, he's coming for you...

I assume this is another one-week engagement because of Coach's prior golf commitments.

Do golf games have commentary? Would Coach be perfectly suited to that sport?

BTW, here are the Lashley vids mentioned elsewhere in this thread:

I haven't watched them yet, but this doesn't sound like the worst way in the world to make people care about Lashley. He was DOA the minute he made his underwhelming return. Mike Kanellis had a better debut, and that sucked. Maybe Lashley is showcasing "the power of LOVE" with his older sisters?

Too early to say that they blew it, though. I actually liked that interview because it was just so bizarre. It's far from the ideal, but it's most than people got and I actually find Lashley's soft spoken persona to be interesting. I don't think it really makes for a pro wrestling character, but he sounds like a nice guy and sometimes that's all you need.

Also, gotta love that if not for his demeanor, Jinder is this close to being the face in the feud against Roman. Pointing out (rightfully so) that Roman is getting chance after chance after chance and being dismissed by Kurt really makes him stand out as the rational one in the situation.

Something I find rather positive about the whole Reigns situation is that, unlike Cena, turning him heel wouldn't be catastrophical for business. Big Match John was the #1 guy in pretty much every possible metric by a long shot during his ace period, and a turn would kill much of the money they made. With Reigns it's a little bit different because although he is the top merch seller, I believe they have more of a "safety net" now, with acts like Rollins, New Day, Strowman and Bayley, for instance. It is way more possible that they pull this turn now than it ever was with Cena.

God I hate Money in the Bank. I know it has been said 100 times, but as a gimmick they bust out once in a long while when it fits with what is happening around the main event... I am fine with it. As an annual event... blah.

Anyway, I just started the hulu version of raw and I thought KO vs Strowman was really good. I was expecting a squash there and they really delivered a solid little opening match match that got the show (and the qualifiers) kicked of nicely.