Pro Wrestling Only

NWA World Wrestling Council May 1986

dawho5

Original Airdate May 2nd, 1986

(Originally airing in Spanish on WAPA Channel 4 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. This broadcast is translated to English where applicable.)

The opening montage featuring highlights of Carlos Colon, Chicky Starr, Invader 1, Invader 2, Invader 3, Abdullah the Butcher, Hercules Ayala, Bam Bam and Dutch Mantell plays. Carlos Colon doing a cartwheel and coming up fists at the ready leads to the WWC logo as the music ends.

NWA and Capitol Sports Presenta

Los Campeones De La Lucha Libre

Con Tus Luchadores Favoritos De Fama Mundial

Rickin Sanchez and Hugo Savinovich sit smiling at the commentary desk in Coliseo Municipal Pedro Rodriguez Gaya De Catano.

Rickin: Welcome to another great hour of WWC action fans. My broadcast partner as always is the one and only Hugo Savinovich.

Hugo: Wouldn't have it any other way!

Rickin: We have an announcement to start the show concerning los Invaders. It seems the WWC has decided to grant them a Street Fight match against los Pastores on July 5th.

Hugo: Big match! And it won't be pretty!

Rickin: I can't imagine it would be. We also have no significant news on the condition of Carlitos Colon. Your letters, flowers and prayers are appreciated by his friends and Carlitos himself. Tonight we will see TNT in action and on the Sports Shop, accompanied by his manager El Profe.

Hugo: I like watching TNT! But I hate listening to El Profe...

Rickin: I couldn't have said it better. We will see Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher in action as well as the team of Huracan Castillo Jr. and Miguelito Perez.

Hugo: Castillo and Perez are confident after their big win!

Rickin: They are, but they don't seem like it has made them overconfident. Invader 2 will be in singles action as well.

Hugo: We will see how much he has recovered from injuries suffered at the hands of Ron and Chicky Starr.

Rickin: Owen Hart and his brother Bruce will be joining me at the desk.

Hugo: I can't imagine you are looking forward to that after last week.

Rickin: I am not. Castillo and Perez will be out at the desk as well. Ricky Santana will stop by for a conversation as well.

Hugo: He should get a better reception than he did last week on the Sports Shop!

Rickin: I'm sure your friend Chicky Starr was justified in his comments. Our main event tonight is a direct result of los Invaders taking on los Pastores in Hiram Bathorn Stadium. the Rock and Roll RPMs will be taking on los Super Medicos to determine who will face los Primos Starr on July 5th.

Hugo: Both are very good teams! Los Super Medicos want revenge on the Starrs though, they may want this more.

Rickin: But Super Medico 1 and 3 have not worked together enough to be as smooth a team as the Rock and Roll RPMs. It should make for a great main event. TNT is on his way to the ring with El Profe.

Hugo: The fans are concentrating their garbage at El Profe!

Rickin: The first time you agree with them on making a choice like that?

Hugo: Yes! The man is impossible to talk to in any way.

Rickin: I have found that to be the case myself. TNT is one of the more exciting young wrestlers to come along in some time.

Hugo: Yes! He uses a mix of wrestling and martial arts skills in the ring. He is very effective!

Rickin: And I think that different style throws off a lot of wrestlers.

Hugo: It will, yes. Veterans, like Gama Singh, have seen things like that in the ring before and tend to handle it better.

Rickin: Gama Singh still had to capitalize on a miscue by El Profe and TNT to hand TNT his first loss.

Hugo: A moment of distraction can be very costly!

Rickin: Indeed it can. TNT has entered the ring and referee Ricky Vargas has called for the bell.

El Vikingo vs. TNT

TNT uses his chops and big throat thrusts to control the match. TNT blocks a punch by Vikingo directly into another big throat thrustthat knocks Vikingo down. A spin wheel kick after hitting the ropes puts Vikingo down for the three count.

TNT by pinfall in 4:22 with a spinwheel kick

Rickin: Another way of finishing a match for TNT. Up until now he has used the cobra dinamita (cobra clutch) to beat his opponents.

Hugo: You may need more than one way if your opponent is able to counter your main move!

Rickin: So that loss, even if it was by disqualification, taught El Profe and TNT something after all. We'll be right back fans with Owen and Bruce Hart at the desk and the team of Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher in the ring. Don't go anywhere.

(Commercial Break) 0 - 8:30

Rickin: (English) We're back fans and I am joined by Owen and Bruce Hart. Have you found your footing in Puerto Rico yet, so to speak?

Bruce: I'm slowly catching on to some things, yes. My brother has been showing me a lot of the local customs and some tape of matches to familiarize myself with the style by.

Rickin: Any of his matches?

Bruce: No, he wants me to see how the Puerto Rican wrestlers handle themselves. I have trouble knowing who to cheer for after watching a lot of them.

Rickin: I'd say that one reason Owen isn't showing you his matches-

Owen: Rickin, you know me too well. I don't feel any need to show off, even if it is my big brother. I just want him to get a feel forthe style of wrestling here in the WWC.

Bruce: And I appreciate that Owen. You always were very considerate, and I can only hope that these fans here in Puerto Rico will start seeing that.

Owen: In time I think they will. I'm sure having you here to back me up is helping.

Rickin: I can't imagine he's shown you any Ricky Santana matches either.

Bruce: He has. I have to say I would be a fan of the kid if he hadn't tried to make sure my younger brother never had any kids of his own on my first night here.

Rickin: I'd say what you saw was the culmination of-

Owen: What Rickin is trying to tell you is that Ricky Santana had yet to beat me in two previous singles matches. He just couldn't handle losing to me a third time and resorted to dirty tactics to get a win.

Bruce: I don't like how you keep interrupting this nice, polite man Owen. Where are your manners?

Owen: Sorry, I just get a little overexcited.

Bruce: You always did have that. I'm sorry my brother keeps talking over you Rickin. He does have very good manners, I've seen it. He's really very complimentary of you.

Rickin: Your brother is not-

Owen: I know it's not normal. I'm just excited my older brother is here! Sorry...

Bruce: We're going to have to talk about this Owen. My apologies Rickin, I have to remind my kid brother about how to be respectful.

Bruce herds Owen off, starting what looks like a brotherly talk, with Owen trying to explain himself.

Rickin: (Spanish) I honestly don't know how to tell Bruce Hart what his brother has been up to.

Hugo: It doesn't look like Owen is going to give you that opportunity...

Rickin: It doesn't. Hopefully somebody will be able to talk to Bruce without his brother around. Barrabas is leading Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher out to the ring and getting an earful from this crowd.

Hugo: He's looking more confident after his team's win last week!

Rickin: Yes, and he seems like he's back to enjoying the anger of the crowd.

Hugo: Well, come people feed off the crowd one way, others in a different way.

Rickin: Yes, something you excelled at as both a wrestler and a manager.

Hugo: Of course I excelled at both!

Rickin: Sometimes I wonder if you listen to what I say entirely.

Hugo: You know I do!

Rickin: And then you use it however it suits you.

Hugo: Yes!

Rickin: Barrabas must be in a good mood, he hasn't ordered Boyd and the Crusher to attack before the bell.

Hugo: There is a time for that kind of thing. But there is also a time to show that you can win a match within the rulebook too.

Rickin: I would call that most of the time. Referee Tomas Marin called for the bell and the match is starting.

Los Assassins (1 & 3) vs. Jonathan Boyd & the Crusher

Boyd starts off the match and isolates Assassin 1 in the Boyd/Crusher corner. Boyd and the Crusher work tags back and forth before putting away Assassin 1 with Boyd's three point stance clothesline.

Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher by pinfall in 4:58 with a three point stance clothesline

Rickin: Good teamwork shown by Boyd and the Crusher.

Hugo: Textbook tag team wrestling!

Rickin: Barrabas seems happy with his men. When we come back TNT and El Profe will visit Chicky Starr's Sports Shop. Invader 2 will be in action, you don't want to miss it so stay tuned.

(Commercial Break) 8:30 - 17:00

Rickin: It's time for Hugo's favorite part of the show.

Hugo: Let's go to Chicky's Sports Shop!!!

The Sports Shop intro plays and we cut to Victor on the Sports Shop set with a microphone.

Victor (wooden): It is my pleasure to introduce the hottest wrestler and manager in the World Wrestling Council. Ladies and gentlemen, here is the most exciting, most charismatic, best dressed man in Puerto Rico, Chicky Starr.

Chicky comes on set wearing athletic gear. He is carrying his WWC Caribbean Tag Team Championship over his shoulder and sits down after picking up a mic.

Chicky: Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to begin tonight's show by letting you all know that the World Wrestling Council has weaseled out of the legal trouble they ought to be in for pre-empting my show two weeks ago. No matter, the low ratings for that show should be enough of a reason the WWC NEVER does that again! Speaking of low ratings, last week my guest was a real downer and I can only make it up to you by having a good guest this week. My guests this week are always welcome in the Sports Shop, El Profe and TNT.

Profe and TNT sit down, Profe grabbing a microphone.

El Profe: I can't imagine what it must be like having to carry on a conversation, or try to, with Ricky Santana.

Chicky: Painful is the word that comes to mind.

Profe: Sounds right to me.

Chicky: Speaking of painful, I'd guess that you are now aware of how dangerous a man like Gama Singh is.

Profe: Yes, I underestimated him and he got the better of myself and TNT. The only way he could get a win over TNT, but it's hardly anything to worry about.

Chicky: I know Gama Singh and I doubt he's all too thrilled with a win by disqualification. He's going to want another fight.

Profe: If he does want a fight, then he'll find it. TNT is not one to stand for a man like Gama Singh trying to embarass him like that.

Chicky: I'd say Gama Singh is a tough opponent and a loss to him is no black mark on anyone's record.

Profe: Regardless, I know TNT can beat the man in a fair fight and I'm willing to prove it. I am willing to be suspended in a cage above the ring while the two fight to ensure no interference on my part. And if Gama Singh wins he gets 5 minutes in the ring with me as a reward.

Chicky: I'm not sure that last part is a good idea. Gama Singh is more interested in beating you up than TNT.

Profe: I respect your opinion, but trust me when I say this is exactly what I want.

Chicky: I can only hope you don't end up like Al Madril. That's going to be all for this week in the Sports Shop. We have another great show for you next week when my cousin Ronnie stops by and we talk about our next challengers for these (holds up the belt). I've seen who is in that match and I am not too worried. It's time for Ric Flair - I think I know how to make that opening a little better.

Profe: Why you worry about something like that I don't know.

Chicky: Little things matter in presentation. Hit the sign-off.

Ric Flair's sign-off plays as Profe, TNT and Chicky walk off set.

Rickin: Quite the challenge by El Profe.

Hugo: I'm starting to wonder if he's as smart as he thinks he is.

Rickin: I guess we'll have to see if Gama Singh takes the match to find out.

Hugo: He will!

Rickin: I'm pretty sure of that myself. Invader 2 is getting a great reaction on his way to the ring.

Hugo: These people love their Invaders..

Rickin: They will continue to do so as long as los Invaders fight men like los Pastores.

Hugo: I don't know if I'd call them men. I've managed the Monster! The Machine! Abdullah the Butcher-

Rickin: I'm not sure I'd be shouting about that right now.

Hugo: I-er-yes, I've managed men who could very easily be called savages before. And I'm not sure los Pastores don't belong in that same group as some of my clients in the past.

Rickin: That's a fair point. They don't seem to be overly interested in winning matches.

Hugo: Again, a lot like a certain client of mine.

Rickin: Yes, that and the seeming need to hurt their opponents is another thing in common.

Rickin: The fact that los Invaders and Carlitos Colon are willing to fight those men and prove that Puerto Rico can triumph over them makes them fan favorites.

Hugo: I can see that.

Rickin: It looks like ring announcer Eliud Gonzalez has finished introductions and we're ready for action.

Domingo Robles vs. Invader 2

Invader 2 shows no signs of his still wrapped left arm hurting him even after Robles briefly targets it. He stuns Robles with a big left hook before hitting a double throat chop that puts Robles down for the 3 count.

Invader 2 by pinfall in 4:12 with a double throat chop

Rickin: Invader 2 showing no signs of his injury lingering.

Hugo: He will need to be at 100% against los Pastores!

Rickin: Yes he will. They are incredibly dangerous. We'll be back with Huracan Castillo Jr. and Miguelito Perez at the desk and in the ring. Don't touch that dial.

(Commercial Break) 17:00 - 25:00

Rickin: Welcome back fans. Joining me now are two very confident young men, Huracan Castillo Jr. and Miguelito Perez. It;s taken you two a while, but you seem to have found your stride.

Perez: I don't know that we're there yet Rickin.

Castillo: We've got plenty to work on, something our fathers and friends have been making sure we remember these last few weeks.

Rickin: I can imagine that after your big win a few weeks back they are trying to keep you focused on the right things.

Castillo: Absolutely they are. There is something that Mike Davis and Tommy Lane have been talking to us about though.

Perez: Yeah, they say we need a name for this team now that we have established ourselves.

Castillo: We kicked around a few ideas, then we ran them by a few people. One of them got the best reaction from everyone we talked to.

Perez: From now on you can call us the Caribbean Express!

Rickin: A very fitting name for the two of you if you ask me. You are aware that your friends the Rock and Roll RPMs are involved in a match to determine the next challengers for the Caribbean Tag Team Championships tonight. Any comments?

Perez: Los Super Medicos are also our friends. I'd like to see either team as champions over Ron and Chicky Starr.

Castillo: Yeah, those two are a disgrace to the WWC and shouldn't be anywhere near any of the gold.

Rickin: Perhaps you two belong in the conversation about new challengers for the Starrs as well.

Castillo: That has been suggested to us a few times, and anytime the WWC feels we are ready we won't say no. But as we said right away, there is still plenty for us to work on and we have some unfinished business with los Mercenarios.

Perez: Like Huracan said, we would welcome any chance to take those belts off of the Starrs. But if you remember los Mercenarios were the reason the Starrs got past us to win those belts and we haven't forgotten!

Castillo and Perez work towards the ring as the crowd cheers and tries to get close to the two young Puerto Ricans.

Rickin: There go two fired up young men.

Hugo: I like the team name!

Rickin: It seems like the right time for it as well.

Hugo: Yes! They established themselves as a top team with their victory in Roberto Clemente Stadium and it's a good time for them all-around.

Rickin: Along with Ricky Santana I'd say those two havve really made an impression on the fans lately.

Hugo: I would also say that nobody should take them lightly because of their youth. We both saw what happened with Boyd and the Crusher!

Rickin: Yes we did. Both teams are in the ring for our next bout, there is the bell.

Los Tejanos vs. the Caribbean Express

Castillo and Perez use their usual quick tags and smooth teamwork to control the match. A short comeback by Tejano 2 is cut off by a Castillo dropkick. He tags in to Perez, who hits a big powerslam for the 3 count.

The Caribbean Express by pinfall in 5:15 with a powerslam

Rickin: Castillo and Perez seem to be on a roll of late.

Hugo: Confidence can do that for you!

Rickin: Yes it can. It's good to see two young men putting it all together without taking shortcuts. Up next I'll be talking with Ricky Santana before our main event. Los Super Medicos and the Rock and Roll Express will be competing to decide who faces los Primos Starr on July 5th. You don't want to miss it.

(Commercial Break) 25:00 - 33:00

Rickin: Fans we have a treat for you tonight. Ricky Santana has joined me at the desk with his WWC Light Heavyweight Title. I haven't had the chance to properly congratulate you on winning that belt.

Santana: Thank you Rickin. And thank you to all of these great fans for their support. I couldn't have done it without that. I've enjoyed traveling around Puerto Rico defending this belt in front of the people.

Rickin: It's good to see you a little more relaxed now that you've gotten your win over Owen Hart.

Santana: It is a weight off my shoulders for sure.

Rickin: A lot was said last week about how you beat Hart and gained that title.

Santana: By all the wrong people. I don't think Chicky Starr or Owen Hart have anything to say worth listening to about how to win a match cleanly.

Rickin: I'll definitely agree with that. Owen Hart has certainly cleaned up his act since his brother Bruce arrived.

Santana: You noticed that too. He can try to play nice for his brother as much as he likes, but once competition gets tough enough he'll go back to his old ways.

Rickin: He seems to be avoiding that as well as any kind of dialogue about his actions.

Santana: He won't be able to avoid it next week. I made a call to a friend I made recently and the WWC signed the match. Owen and Bruce Hart against myself and somebody I'm sure Owen Hart will be pleased to see in Puerto Rico.

Rickin: I'm curious as to who that partner is.

Santana: I'm going to leave that for next week, I think you and all of these fans here and on TV will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks for your time Rickin.

Rickin: And thank you for yours Ricky.

Santana leaves the interview area and Rickin heads back around the desk.

Hugo: I wonder who it is!

Rickin: As do I. We'll have to wait until next week to find out.

Hugo: I have some ideas who it might be! Maybe-

Rickin: Let's allow Ricky Santana to have his surprise.

Hugo: Okay, but I'm not sure that's fair to Owen...

Rickin: I don't care much for how fair something is to Owen Hart at this point. The man is willing to blatantly lie to his own brother.

Hugo: There is that..

Rickin: Here come the Rock and Roll RPMs to a very good reaction from the crowd.

Hugo: Maybe I should have made friends with los Invaders and Colon...

Rickin: Are you suggesting that the RPMs are only popular with the fans because they are friends with los Invaders and Colon?

Hugo: It doesn't hurt.

Rickin: I'm sure it doesn't, but ask yourself this. With the way you wrestled and managed would the crowd have stayed behind you? Would los Invaders and Colon have remained your friends?

Hugo: Depends when I decided to play dirty!!

Rickin: I....you may have a point there. But the Rock and Roll RPMs have carried themselves well, worked hard and entertained the fans while winning. I believe that is why the crowd loves them.

Hugo: Maybe..

Rickin: We'll have to disagree on that. Los Super Medicos are on their way out to the ring now and I think we can both agree they have earned the crowd's respect.

Hugo: Yes, they have been a top tag team in Puerto Rico for years. They have even held the Caribbean Tag Team Titles in the past!

Rickin: Even through the personnel change to Super Medico 3 alongside Super Medico 1 they have remained a threat within the tag division, which is a tough thing to do.

Hugo: Super Medico 1 is a veteran and a formidable singles wrestler, so it only makes sense that he would be able to make the team work with a different partner.

Rickin: I'd say the one worry for los Super Medicos is that their teamwork may not be on the level of the Rock and Roll RPMs.

Hugo: Yes! Also, I wonder which team is going to star taking shortcuts just to get the chance at the Starrs!

Rickin: I don't think either team will feel the need to resort to underhanded tactics to win. Referee Victor Quinonez just called for the bell.

The Rock 'n' Roll RPMs vs. Los Super Medicos

The match goes back and forth between the teams with the RPMs showing their advantage in teamwork with quicker tags when they are in control. Things get a little heated and Medico 1 is able to take control of the match for his team, but a miscommunication between los Super Medicos allows Lane to roll up Medico 2 for the 3 count.

The Rock and Roll RPMs by pinfall in 12:47 with a rollup

Rickin: It looks like the Rock and Roll RPMs will be facing the Starrs on July 5th. There is a handshake after the match between the teams.

Hugo: I know you like when that happens!

Rickin: It shows that the loser of the match has some respect for their opponents and the fans. Losing is a part of wrestling and being able to deal with it like an adult is important.

Hugo: So you just roll over...

Rickin: No, you train more and come back better next time.

Hugo: I know, just playing with you!

Rickin: You do enjoy doing that now and again. We're almost out of time for this week. Next week Dutch Mantell will be back on the program after his intense brawl with Hangman Bobby Jaggers.

Hugo: And Ricky Santana will have a surprise partner against Owen and Bruce Hart!

Rickin: Be sure to tune in, we'll see you next week fans.

I'll say it again, the announcers provide so much to your shows. I love the way they keep storylines moving and the interviews they do with the wrestlers. Perfect example is the Hart storyline going on. That is so well done. I wonder who Santana's partner will be??? Love the Caribbean Express name. Boyd and Crusher have been on the right track since that lost. TNT looks to be focused. Hmmm, El Profe volunteers to be suspended in a cage. I wonder what's up his sleeve. RPM's get the title shot. I've enjoyed their run here. Invader 2 seems to be healing well and I'm sure will be ready for the street fight. July 5th should be another outstanding night of action.

Invaders vs Pastores street fight! You've already got my money just with that.

Owen pulling the wool over Bruce's eyes continues to be priceless.

Your tag division is super hot right now. Castillo & Perez as the Caribbean Express should be a great addition to that scene.

Original airdate: May 9th 1986

(Originally airing in Spanish on WAPA Channel 4 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. This broadcast is translated to English where applicable.)

The opening montage featuring highlights of Carlos Colon, Chicky Starr, Invader 1, Invader 2, Invader 3, Abdullah the Butcher, Hercules Ayala, Bam Bam and Dutch Mantell plays. Carlos Colon doing a cartwheel and coming up fists at the ready leads to the WWC logo as the music ends.

Rickin Sanchez and Hugo Savinovich sit smiling at the commentary desk in Coliseo Municipal Pedro Rodriguez Gaya De Catano.

Rickin: Welcome to another exciting week of World Wrestling Council action fans. As always I am joined by my colleague Hugo Savinovich.

Hugo: Nowhere else I'd rather be!

Rickin: We've got a great show for you tonight, but first some news. Carlitos Colon is still blind, but doctors now give him a 40 to 45 percent chance of regaining his vision.

Hugo: That's great news! I understand wanting to beat a man and doing what it takes, but trying to permanently blind your opponent is going way too far!

Rickin: Agreed. But it is still more than half likely we will never see Carlitos wrestle again. I spoke with him yesterday and we talked about having a camera crew visit so he could speak directly to all of the fans from his hospital bed. That should happen sometime in the coming weeks.

Hugo: That's big news for our fans!

Rickin: Indeed it is. This week we will be seeing los Super Medicos in tag team action. Los Primos Starr, the reigning Caribbean Tag Team Champions, will also have a match.

Hugo: Both are among the top teams in the WWC. Los Primos Starr have made a lot of enemies, including los Super Medicos!

Rickin: Yes, and they seem to be staying away from the limelight as a result. Dutch Mantell will be stopping by the desk before his match and Abdullah Tamba will be in singles action as well.

Hugo: Both great wrestlers! We really do have a great show tonight!

Rickin: Gama Singh will be stopping by the desk as well.

Hugo: Probably to accept the challenge by El Profe last week!

Rickin: Very likely, yes. Rambo Ron Starr will be a guest in Chiky's Sports Shop.

Hugo: Should be a great one!

Rickin: If you like that sort of thing, yes. Hercules Ayala will be stopping by the desk before our main event. In the main event, Owen and Bruce Hart will be facing Ricky Santana and a mystery partner.

Hugo: I have some ideas about who it is...

Rickin: I have a few guesses myself, but I prefer to wait for the match to find out.

Hugo: Spoil sport!! But we probably should yeah...

Rickin: It looks like los Super Medicos are on their way to the ring.

Hugo: The crowd isn't holding their loss last week against them.

Rickin: It was a hard fought match and both teams stayed within the rules. I would guess the results could have been different if Super Medico 2 had still been Super Medico 1's partner.

Hugo: Yes, they are still coming together as a team after the career ending injury to Super Medico 2 at the hands of los Mercenarios and los Primos Starr.

Rickin: I'm sure we'll see the current version of los Super Medicos take on the Starrs sooner rather than later. I'd prefer it when they had their timing and teamwork worked out.

Hugo: They have been showing a lot of improvement. Just one late miscue cost them last week against the Rock'n'Roll RPMs!

Rickin: Very true. Los Super Medicos have reached the ring and ring announcer Eliud Gonzalez has finished the introductions. There is the bell.

Los Assassins vs. Los Super Medicos

Medicos control with improved teamwork and quick tags. Medico 3 stays in a little longer than he should, but cuts off a comeback by Assassin 1 with a slam. Medico 1 hits the ring and slams 3 on top of Assassin. He cuts off the save by Assassin 2 while Medico 3 covers for the 3.

Los Super Medicos by pinfall in 5:21 after an assisted senton

Rickin: Good teamwork by los Super Medicos.

Hugo: They keep improving. Just small things to fix now!

Rickin: When we come back we will be talking to Dutch Mantell before his match. Don't go anywhere fans.

Rickin: Welcome back fans. Dutch Mantell has joined me at the desk and he seems mostly healed up from his battle with Hangman Bobby Jaggers on April 19th.

Dutch: I won't lie to you Rickin. Jaggers is a Hell of a tough fighter even if he is a low down, dirty son of a bitch.

Rickin: I wonder if you'll ever get to take your anger out on the man who originated the attack, Austin Idol.

Dutch: You know, I wonder about that myself. When I was back in the states that yellow coward ran away from me and I'm told nobody here can get him or that slippery agent of his on the phone. If I ever do get my hands on him, Austin Idol will be lucky to wrassle again!

Rickin: I understand your feelings on this. The WWC has signed a rematch between the two of you with an odd stipulation. Given that the two of you lost a lot of blood during the last match, the match will be a first blood match. But with the added stipulation that any man using a foreign object during or after the match will be suspended indefinitely.

Dutch: I saw that part. There's more than one way to make a man bleed.

Rickin: I wouldn't want to be in Hangman Bobby Jaggers' shoes on July 5th.

Dutch: Make no mistake about this Rickin. It's going to be a tough fight and I'll have to fight tooth and nail to win, but do you really think making him bleed is going to be enough? That son of a bitch helped put me out of wrasslin' for 4 months! I made him bleed already, he needs to suffer!

Dutch makes his way to the ring determinedly while the fans cheer.

Rickin (Spanish): Dutch Mantell is certainly on the warpath.

Hugo: I would be too! Do you think los Mercenarios or Austin Idol are safe?!?

Rickin: I can't imagine they are. The fans are backing Dutch Mantell in this fight, which is understandable.

Hugo: Hangman Bobby Jaggers has never been a man the fans liked!

Rickin: Yes, and with good reason. I think the fans like the idea of Dutch Mantell using all of his dirty tricks against a man like Jaggers.

Hugo: They always do!! And Dutch has a lot of dirty tricks!

Rickin: He does, but I think he can outwrestle Jaggers more easily than trying to trade dirty tactics with him.

Hugo: Dutch is a great wrestler, yes. But there is nothing wrong with turning a chinlock into a choke or grinding your arm in a man's face when you have him down!

Rickin: You and I often have different ideas of right and wrong, but this time we agree. Dutch is in the ring and referee Tomas Marin calls for the bell.

Armandito Salgado vs. Dutch Mantell

Mantell controls with his brawling and some technical wrestling. A big left hand by Dutch stops a Salgado comeback. The short lariat follows, with a gourdbuster right awfterward for the 3 count.

Dutch Mantell by pinfall in 4:07 with a gourdbuster

Rickin: Dutch is such a no-nonsense wrestler once the match starts.

Hugo: He's very serious in the ring, yes! It made him a great partner and client!!

Rickin: I can see that, yes. Up next Ron Starr will be Chicky Starr's guest in the Sports Shop and we'll see Abdullah Tamba in action.

Hugo: You don't want to miss that!!

(Commercial Break) 8:45 - 16:30

Rickin: Welcome back fans, it's time to visit Chicky's Sports Shop.

The Sports Shop intro plays and we cut to Victor the Bodyguard on the Sports Shop set. A voice-over by Hugo Savinovich plays.

Hugo: Welcome, ladies and gentlemen to the most watched wrestling program in Puerto Rico!! This is Chicky's Sports Shop and I'm pleased to announce your host, the most charismatic, best dressed man in Puerto Rico today, Chicky Starr!!

Chicky walks on set grinning from ear to ear. He is wearing his custom suit gifted to him by Ric Flair and carrying his Caribbean Tag Team Title over his shoulder. He sits down after picking up a microphone.

Chicky: Apologies to Victor for taking away his opening duties, but I thought I'd make the show a little more professional.

Victor looks more than a little relieved and nods, never uncrossing his arms from in front of his chest.

Chicky: Let's get right to my guest today, my cousin, Rambo Ron Starr!

Ron walks on set with his belt over his shoulder and hugs Chicky. Both sit down.

Chicky (English): Ronnie, what did you think of the intro?

Ron: Hugo really did a great job. Not something Victor was cut out for. But he's definitely a guy I wouldn't want to tangle with.

Chicky: Yes! He does well at the job I hired him for originally. Now on to business. We have new challengers.

Ron: The RPMs? I'm not sure I'd call them a challenge.

Chicky(laughing): I am with you there, but our next big title defense is against the Rock'n'Roll RPMs, yes.

Ron: Does the WWC know that these guys aren't in our league? I know they are better than the Super Medicos, but who is going to give either team a chance agianst us?

Chicky: Nobody with a brain. I'd say our bigger concern is Carlitos Colon's cronies, led by the backstabber himself, Invader 1, are out for out blood.

Ron: We got Victor and Tamba. I'd say that offsets anything they can throw at us.

Chicky: Isn't it funny how they have all of these guys ready to beat us up, but somehow the crowd still cheers for them when there are only 6 of us in condition to do anything about it?

Ron: Al should be recovered in a month or two, but yeah. I guess the fans here don't care who fights fair and who doesn't.

Chicky: That's been going on for years. I don't know why I continue to put on the best wrestling show in Puerto Rico for all of these ingrates!

Ron: Out of the goodness of your heart.

Chicky: At least somebody sees it. Weren't we talking about the RPMs?

Ron (chuckling): I thought we were done with that.

Chicky: We could talk about these (points to the belt on his shoulder and Ron's) and how we are the most deserving champions in Puerto Rico.

Ron: After what we had to go through to get these belts, you'd think people would see how hard we work.

Chicky: They never will, Ronnie. Next week my guests will be the very same Rock'n'Roll RPMs we've been talking about. As interesting as that doesn't sound, I'll find a way to keep this show atop the ratings in Puerto Rico. I'll see you next week, ladies and gentlemen.

Ric Flair's sign-off plays as Victor follows behind Ron and Chicky exiting the set.

Rickin: I'm sure there is a point to those conversations.

Hugo: What do you mean?!?!

Rickin: I....Chicky is leading Abdullah Tamba out to the ring.

Hugo: And the crowd is showing their appreciation the usual way...

Rickin: I imagine that will go on for a long time.

Hugo: Seems that way.

Rickin: You have to admit, he brings it on himself. Which is why he has to have men like Abdullah Tamba come out to the ring with him.

Hugo: If I had to have a mnaanprotecting me, Abdullah Tamba would be on the short list!

Rickin: You'll get no argument from me on that. Abdullah Tamba is very agile for a 270 pounder. And he's less unpredictable than Abdullah the Butcher.

Hugo: Less dangerous, but that can be a good thing!

Rickin: Yes, Abdullah the Butcher is dangerous to anyone in his vicinity. Tamba has entered the ring and referee is signalling forthe bell.

Isaac Rosario vs. Abdullah Tamba

Tamba controls the whole match with his power offense and throat thrusts. He slams Rosario down and climbs up top for a big splash that gets the three.

Abdullah Tamba by pinfall in 2:37 with a top rope splash

Rickin: Another win for Abdullah Tamba.

Hugo: They are starting to pile up!

Rickin: I'm sure Chicky Starr is happy with his man's success. We'll have to see if he starts signing bigger matches for Tamba in the future.

Hugo: Chicky is a shrewd manager. He won't rush something like that.

Rickin: You might be right. Up next I'll be joined by Gama Singh at the desk. Following that, the Caribbean Tag Team champions, Ron and Chicky Starr will be in action. We'll be right back.

(Commercial Break) 16:30 - 23:45

Rickin (English): Fans, we are back and I am joined by the man who handed TNT his first loss, Gama Singh.

Singh: I don't see it that way. I had the man beat, yes. But it was due to a miscommunication with his manager. And his manager hit the referee for a disqualification. I respect TNT as a wrestler and he's not the one I have a problem with.

Rickin: You have issues with his manager, El Profe.

Singh: Yes. And I know that TNT on his own can make a name for himself here or anywhere I've traveled. He just needs to be free of the bad influence.

Rickin: But you also know that your anger being directed at El Profe works against you.

Singh: It does. But it's something I've learned to work around. You saw that when I baited him into that miscue on April 19th.

Rickin: Perhaps that's why he has offered you the match he has. Maybe he believes that TNT is better off without him.

Singh: No, that's not it. He has some kind of trick planned. He knows I want to get my hands on him and is using himself as bait.

Rickin: So you're not taking the match?

Singh: Of course I'm taking the match. I'm going in ready for whatever El Profe has in store for me and ready to take on TNT in a tough match against a very good opponent. And if I'm prepared enough I get 5 minutes to hurt El Profe. Worth the risk if you ask me.

Singh walks towards the back as the fans cheer him on.

Rickin (Spanish): I only hope he is ready for whatever trick El Profe might have up his sleeve.

Hugo: Maybe he's not really very smart and doesn't have any kind of plan...

Rickin: The man is not as smart as he thinks he is. But he is intelligent enough that he has to have something planned.

Hugo: Then I'll just have to side with these fans and hope Gama Singh wins on July 5th!

Rickin: As will I. I know you won't side with these fans who are throwing garbage at Al Madril, Ron Starr and Chicky Starr.

Hugo: Watch the belts! Those are expensive and not easy to clean!

Rickin: I think the fans object to the way los Primos Starr won those belts.

Hugo: They beat the Caribbean Express, los Super Medicos and los Invaders for those belts! That's three tough tag teams!

Rickin: They paid los Mercenarios to interfere and guarantee themselves a win in the first two matches and cheated their way to winning the third.

Hugo: But they won! They did what they had to do to win!

Rickin: I'm not sure these fans will ever support wrestlers that take as many shortcuts as the Starrs do. Or Al Madril.

Hugo: I'm not sure it's wise for Madril to be out here...

Rickin: Nor is he, he seems to want to go to the back.

Hugo: Smart! But Chicky doesn't seem to want him to!

Rickin: I wonder about that. Referee Ricky Vargas is warning Madril about using the crutches as weapons before the match.

Hugo: A man with a broken leg has to defend himself!

Rickin: I doubt either member of los Tejanos is going to attack Al Madril. There is the bell.

Los Tejanos vs. WWC Caribbean Tag Team Champions Los Primos Starr

The Starrs control with dirty tactics and brawling. Tejano 1 mounts a comeback but Madril grabs his leg as he hits the ropes. Chicky hits a double throat chop that puts Tejano down for the 3 despite referee Vargas arguing with Madril for a few moments.

Los Primos Starr by pinfall in 5:38 with a double throat chop

Los Super Medicos, Ricky Santana, Hercules Ayala and all 3 Invaders charge the ring. Ron and Chicky head for the hills with Victor the Bodyguard, los Mercenarios and Abdullah Tamba emerging from the back to protect them. Al Madril is too slow and caught before he can reach safety and starts swinging his crutch wildly at the Puerto Rican babyfaces. He gets caught with a kick to the bad leg by Ayala and goes down as Tamba and Victor are about to reach him. Ayala and Santana grab a crutch each and start swingiing them at Tamba and Victor, who retreat. Several crowd members give their chairs to los Invaders and los Super Medicos. The babyfaces proceed to destroy Madril's already injured leg with their weapons. Chicky calls off his men and heads for the back as a screaming Al Madril is put in the reverse figure four by Ayala.

Rickin: Chicky Starr just abandoned Al Madril.

Hugo: And there was no mercy at all. None.

Rickin: I doubt we'll see Al Madril again. I'm not sure I approve of this, even if it's somebody like Al Madril.

Hugo: We've said it before. This is a war, and it's escalating.

Rickin: It is. Up next we will be talking to Hercules Ayala. A different conversation than I envisioned at the top of the show now.

Hugo: I'd say so!

Rickin: And we'll finally see who Ricky Santana picked as his mystery partner in our main event. We should have all of this sorted out by the time we get back.

(Commercial Break) 23:45 - 37:45

Rickin: As you can see fans, Al Madril is being taken out of the arena on a stretcher. It looked like he passed out in the reverse figure four that Hercules Ayala had on him. Do you think that was going a little far?

Ayala: You know as well as I do everything that Al Madril has done in Puerto Rico. I doubt anyone will be shedding any tears for him. Chicky Starr won't.

Rickin: It did seem like Chicky Starr left Ron Starr behind rather quickly.

Ayala: Anything to save himself. He'd sacrifice every one of those men with him that way if he had to. And we aren't done yet so he might have to.

Rickin: I'm sure Commissioner Pedro Castillo will have something to say about that.

Ayala: So am I. Let me say something first. Abdullah the Butcher tried to permanently blind Carlitos Colon while Chicky Starr distracted the referee. He may have succeeded. That's enough for me and everyone who was out here earlier.

Rickin: I did notice a few missing.

Ayala: They haven't decided yet if Chicky Starr was a part of it. I'm not going to make them take part in this. As long as they don't side with Chicky Starr we're okay.

Rickin: I doubt anyone will be doing that anytime soon. I understand where you are coming from, I just don't care for the methods.

Ayala: Nobody expected you to.

Rickin: Fair enough. You ended up getting a disqualification win against Bam Bam, but it appears that he is no longer a client of Barrabas. Is there a rematch on the horizon?

Ayala: I have signed the contract. Bam Bam will be back in Puerto Rico two weeks from now, and I can only assume it will be official then.

Rickin: It looked to me like you were having a tough time with Bam Bam.

Ayala: Big, strong...very strong...kid. And it's hard to believe how quick he can move. There are ways around that and I think I would have had him if I could have put the reverse figure four on him.

Rickin: Hard to do on a big man like that.

Ayala: Yes. But that first match taught me a lot about what I need to do to beat him. I'll just have to put it all together when the match happens. I won't apologize for what we did, but I understand where you re coming from too Rickin. We don't hold it against you.

Ayala takes off towards the back, getting mobbed by the fans.

Rickin: Thank you Hercules. Things seem to be getting out of control Hugo.

Hugo: They are! But we aren't involved in that and I want to keep it that way!

Rickin: You and me both. Here come Owen and Bruce Hart. They appear to be talking strategy on the way to the ring.

Hugo: Owen is so focused even while he's being hit by garbage!

Rickin: And whatever else the fans throw.

Hugo: You don't want to know...

Rickin: No I don't. Bruce seems to be less irritated with his brother than when he left last week.

Hugo: He was just trying to make sure Owen used his manners.

Rickin: As older brothers will do, yes. I just wish he knew what Owen has been up to.

Hugo: I doubt Owen can keep it under wraps forever. If the mystery partner is who I think it is, it will be very difficult.

Rickin: Maybe. I've always said that Owen Hart was a great wrestler. He may make some tactical errors late in matches that cost him, but all young wrestlers do that. In time he will be a force to be reckoned with wherever he goes even without the underhanded tactics.

Hugo: He will! I think his brother Bruce sees that too!

Rickin: The Harts have reached the ring. Here comes Ricky Santana. He's beckoning at the entrance...

Hugo: It's Jacques Rougeau!! Owen Hart is in big trouble!!

Rickin: And he knows it. You can see it on his face.

Hugo: He's definitely not happy. But these fans sure are!!

Rickin: Jacques Rougeau had a very good showing when he defended his Canadian International Heavyweight Title here not too long ago against Owen Hart.

Hugo: I heard he lost it after being pushed off of a scaffold!

Rickin: I had heard that as well. It's a shame, Jacques is a great competitor and champion. He'll definitely push Owen Hart along with Ricky Santana tonight.

Hugo: And you think that Owen will resort to cheating?

Rickin: I think that is the idea. We'll see how it turns out. The bell has sounded and we're under way.

Owen & Bruce Hart vs. Jacques Rougeau & WWC Light Heavyweight Champion Ricky Santana

Even match at the start that goes the Harts' way when their superior teamwork shows through and they isolate Santana. Owen uses some questionable tactics, but nothing too much and Bruce shrugs it off. Santana gets the hot tag to Jacques and he cleans house. Owen takes a powder and immediately goes for the eyes upon entering the ring. He runs Jacques face on the top rope all the way to his corner where and angry Bruce is glaring at Owen. Owen stomps away at Jacques and tags in a livid Bruce, who immediately starts arguing with his brother from the apron. Owen tags himself back in and works on Jacques for a short time before rolling him up with a handful of tights. Bruce pulls Owen out of the cover and demands answers. Jacques looks ready to go after Owen, but Santana hits the ring and pulls him back, saying something to Jacques. Ricky and Jacques exit the ring, leaving the Hrt brothers to argue. Referee Victor Quinonez counts Santana and Jacques out as they watch the argument turn into a shoving match between Owen and Bruce.

Owen & Bruce Hart win by countout in 11:28

Rickin: It seems Owen's cheating was have caught up to him.

Hugo: Santana's plan worked!

Rickin: It did. Owen is leaving the ringside area with Bruce chasing after him and yelling at him. I can't imagine there was any other way this was going to end.

Hugo: When you lie to your family and they find out it never goes well!!

Rickin: Very true. Well it has been an eventful night here in the WWC. I'm not sure we'll see Al Madril again and Owen Hart's attempt to trick his brother has ended badly. We'll see you next week fans when I will talk to Commissioner Pedro Castillo and our main event will be Invader 3 vs. Ricky Santana to determine who takes on NWA Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit on July 5th. As we leave you we will be putting up the matches we know for the July 5th show in Hiram Bathorn Stadium.

Los Invaders vs. Los Pastores in a Street Fight

The Rock'n'Roll RPMs vs. WWC Caribbean Tag Team Champions los Primos Starr

Dutch Mantell vs. Hangman Bobby Jaggers in a First Blood match

Gama Singh vs. TNT with El Profe suspended above the ring, if Singh wins he gets 5 minutes with Profe

Looks like Bruce finally saw Owen's true colors. Pretty good move by Santana. Great seeing Jacques as the mystery partner. Oh man, Madril took one heck of a beating. The announcers are right, we may never see Madril again. Ron Starr is right, Chicky does so much out of the kindness of his heart LOL. I really like the build to Mantel and Jaggers. Maybe Mantel's words will reach Austin Idol. The Gama/TNT story has been one of my favorites. I'm still wondering what El Profe has up his sleeve. Sounds like Colon is recuperating well, will he be back by July 5th???

Original Airdate May 16th, 1986

Rickin: Welcome fans to another great week of World Wrestling Council action. As always I am joined by my friend and colleague Hugo Savinovich.

Hugo: Great to be here!

Rickin: Tonight we have a great main event. Before that you will see TNT in action, as well as Owen Hart.

Hugo: Last week he and his brother Bruce weren't seeing eye to eye..

Rickin: Speaking of Bruce, he'll be out to the desk by himself for a conversation. We'll also see Abdullah Tamba again tonight.

Hugo: He's been on a roll of late!

Rickin: He certainly has. Without Abdullah the Butcher here on a weekly basis, Abdullah Tamba is Chicky Starr's chief insurance policy against the kind of thing that happened to Al Madril last week.

Hugo: Yes. Al Madril has left the island and gone home to recover. It's going to take a while to heal a twice broken leg.

Rickin: I would think so, yes. I'm not sure I approve of that kind of revenge, even if Carlitos Colon is still blind.

Hugo: We have a video from Carlitos tonight though!

Rickin: We do and it will play before our main event. Los Mercenarios will be in tag team action tonight. The Rock and Roll RPMs will visist Chicky Starr in the Sports Shop as well. I'm not sure that's a wise move.

Hugo: I don't think Chicky sees them as a major threat. And they didn't participate in the attack on Madril last week!

Rickin: This is true. Commissioner Pedro Castillo will be out to the desk and I'm sure we have plenty to talk about.

Hugo: I remember his younger, much wilder days!

Rickin: So does the Commissioner. In my conversations with him he often brings them up. Our main event tonight will see WWC Light Heavyweight Champion Ricky Santana taking on Invader 3 for the right to challenge NWA Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit on July 5th.

Hugo: A lot at stake! I wonder if Santana will resort to any dirty tactics!

Rickin: I don't believe he will. He has fought within the rules against all opponents but Owen Hart.

Hugo: But a NWA title match wasn't on the line!!!

Rickin: You may be right about that, but I believe Ricky Santana will continue to walk the right path. Right now El Profe is leading TNT out to the ring.

Hugo: What a thing to say after talking about walking on the right path!

Rickin: You're not wrong Hugo. It's hard to see a great young wrestler like TNT allied with El Profe.

Hugo: Gama Singh would agree with you!

Rickin: I worry that Gama Singh will spring El Profe's trap on July 5th and be unable to avoid whatever is planned for him.

Hugo: But don't you think the chance is worth it for 5 minutes alone in the ring with El Profe?!?

Rickin: I...wouldn't mind seeing that.

Hugo: That makes both of us and all the fans!!

Rickin: El Profe has gotten on the bad side of the fans very quickly. His arrogance and assumption that very few are equal to his intelligence doesn't make many friends.

Hugo: He does have one powerful friend!

Rickin: Chicky Starr likes El Profe as long as he is not a threat to Chicky's standing. If that ever changes, he won't like him at all.

Hugo: That's true...Chicky doesn't have to worry about El Profe though!

Rickin: For now. Referee Tomas Marin has called for the bell.

Isaac Rosaario vs. TNT

TNT controls with martial arts chops and throat thrusts. He cuts a Rosario comeback off by ducking a clothesline and hitting a superkick. The cobra dinamita is applied and Rosario is out within seconds for the win.

TNT by submission in 4:14 with the cobra dinamita(cobra clutch)

Rickin: TNT doesn't seem to be showing any loss of confidence after his loss to Gama Singh.

Hugo: He shouldn't! Gama Singh has been a successful wrestler here and everywhere he's gone for longer than TNT has been wrestling.

Rickin: Yes, and TNT seems to bounce back from a loss well. That can be hard for a young man to do. Up next I will be talking to Bruce Hart before his brother Owen's match. We'll be right back.

Rickin (English): We're back fans and I am joined by Bruce Hart, who saw first hand what his brother Owen is capable of last week.

Bruce: You were trying to tell me. I realized that after last week that you had been trying to tell me the truth the whole time.

Rickin: Your brother found ways around that.

Bruce: He did. This last week I watched his matches against Jacques Rougeau and Ricky Santana. Did you know that before I came here my brother Keith had started to behave in the dame way?

Rickin: And you wanted to check up on Owen because of that?

Bruce: Yes, I wanted to see if he had been affected by Keith's attitude. Now I'm starting to think it went the other way around. I just don't know what to think...

Rickin: Family can make problems more difficult to handle. Either way, does it matter which of your brothers came by it first?

Bruce: At this point, not really. You know, my brother may have been lying to me about a lot of things. But I think he actually had you 100% right.

Rickin: I don't know about any of that...

Bruce: You're a good man. And you want to make things better if you can. That's enough for me. It's a shame Owen ended up making the decisions that he did.

Rickin: I would agree with that 100 percent. I'd say that the man who is-

The crowd starts booing and throwing garbage as Owen Hart is on his way to the desk.

Bruce: I can only hope you came here to apoloigize.

Owen: Apologize?!? Why would I apologize for finding a better way?

Bruce: How is what you have been doing a better way?

Owen: I beat Ricky Santana twice! I would have beaten Jacques Rougeau too if Santana hadn't stuck his nose in business that wasn't his! It works. Can you say the same for how you wrestle? Do we hold the belts in Lutte or do the Rougeaus?!?

Bruce: I have a lot of respect for the Rougeaus.

Owen: And you play nice like a good boy, so you never win! I'm sure Dad is so proud that Bruce doesn't cheat but never wins the big matches!

Bruce: That is enough out of you! You can disrespect me, but do not disrespect Dad or the way he taught us to wrestle!

Owen: If you really think your way is better, why don't you show me next week! If you can beat me by doing things your way I'll come back home and we'll show Dad everything I've done. If not, you're leaving Puerto Rico! Now I'm going to go show you how to win a match however you need to!

Owen storms off toward the ring.

Rickin: Are you going to accept that challenge Bruce?

Bruce: I have to Rickin. I owe it to my brother, to my family. And if I don't win that match, I'll honor that stipulation. Somebody has to show these people that the Harts are not represented solely by Owen. One thing I won't do is watch my brother destroy our family name.

Bruce heads for the back. Rickin circles back around the desk.

Rickin (Spanish): Family fights can be the worst kind. I can only hope that Bruce and Owen don't go too far next week.

Hugo: I'd worry more about Owen than Bruce...

Rickin: I agree with you there. Bruce has a point he is trying to make. Owen is almost to the ring and the fans re letting him have it.

Hugo: I want to disagree. But Owen lied to his own brother then disrespected his entire family. That's a tough one to let go.

Rickin: Yes, Owen Hart may have let his emotions get the better of him just now, but it doesn't excuse what he said. He's in the ring and referee Ricky Vargas is calling for the bell.

Armandito Salgado vs. Owen Hart

Hart controls with a combination if technical wrestling and dirty tricks. Salgado's comeback is cut short by a dropkick from Owen, who stops to tell the crowd how great he is. He sends Salgado off the ropes and hits a belly to belly suplex for three.

Owen Hart by pinfall in 4:22 with a belly to belly

Rickin: Next week Owen will have a tougher time when he faces his older brother Bruce.

Hugo: How many times do you think they have practiced against one another?

Rickin: I'd guess this one is differrent for both. Up next we have Chicky's Sports Shop with guests the Rock and Roll RPMs. Los Mercenarios will be in tag team action as well. Don't go anywhere fans.

(Commercial Break) 8:30 - 16:30

Rickin: Welcome back fans. We now go to Chicky Starr's Sports Shop.

The Sports Shop intro plays and we cut to Victor the Bodyguard on the Sports Shop set. A voice-over by Hugo Savinovich plays.

Hugo: Welcome, ladies and gentlemen to the most watched wrestling program in Puerto Rico!! This is Chicky's Sports Shop and I'm pleased to announce your host, the most charismatic, best dressed man in Puerto Rico today, Chicky Starr!!

Chicky walks on set in his athletic gear with his Caribbean Tag Team belt over his shoulder . The camera shows Abdullah Tamba on the opposite side of the set from Victor. Chicky picks up his microphone and sits down with a scowl on his face.

Chicky: I'd like to open the show with the bad news this week. It seems that Carlitos Colon's friends, still in shock over the brutal attack by Abdullah the Butcher, decided to take their anger out on Al Madril, who had nothing to do with that attack. Just like myself or anyone else associated with me besides Abdullah the Butcher himself. How these supposed "men" can justify attacking a man already on crutches is beyond me. As is the fact that the crowd supported this.

Chicky takes a moment to calm down.

Chicky: Al Madril has left the island to go home and recuperate. It's a shame the WWC allows acts like this to be perpetrated by anyone. You would think they'd do something about wrestlers ganging up on a man and trying to end his career, which they may have done for Al Madril. I can only hope something is done about it. Now on to the business at hand. My guests today are the next challengers for the tag team belts my cousin and I hold, the WWC Caribbean Tag Team Championships. Please welcome the Rock'n'Roll RPMs.

The RPMs walk on set and sit down.

Chicky (English): I noticed the two of you didn't take part in that heinous attack last week.

Davis: We noticed you didn't do a lot to protect Al Madril.

Lane: Seemed like he didn't want to be out there. Can't say I blame him.

Chicky: We all take risks. If he had listened to me in the first place he wouldn't have had a broken leg.

Lane: So for all of your talk, it really doesn't bother you that much.

Davis: Or at least, that's how it looks to us.

Chicky: Anything else about the Sports Shop seem a little different to you?

As the RPMs look around los Mercenarios rush them from off set. Tamba and Victor attack as well.

Chicky: Al Madril had nothing to do with what happened to Carlitos. You two have nothing to do with what happened to Al. Only seems right. And since you mentioned it yes. Al got himself injured and I can't feel too sorry for him because of it. But that doesn't mean I won't get revenge for what happened! A leg for a leg.

A bloody Davis is getting beat up by Victor (chair in hand) and Tamba, who end up moving off set. Los Mercenarios double slam Lane and Chicky tosses one of them a baseball bat. They go to work on Lane's left leg with the bat.

Chicky (Spanish): I can only hope this will give Carlitos' friends a reason to think twice about continuing their hunt for me. You don't know which of your friends I will target, but I will avenge any hurt you put on a friend of mine! And since the WWC has been so thorough in their response to this, I decided to make sure they had work to do in finding us new challengers. Here's to Don Pedro Castillo.

The assault has been continuing while Chicky talks, with the bat finally breaking over Lane's knee. Chicky hands los Mercenarios his chair and his belt and they continue their work. Tamba comes in from offstage and splashes the knee with the belt laid across it. The belt is handed to Chicky as the three men continue the assault.

Chicky: As you can see ladies and gentlemen, I am dead serious in everything I say. This war may have it's casualties. I will make sure that they lose more than I do!

Chicky drops the mic and takes a few whacks at Lane's knee with the belt. Victor comes back in with a broken chair from off screen. Chicky starts walking off the set, followed by his 4 cohorts. Davis, pouring blood from his head, crawls on set as we cut back to the arena.

Rickin: ........I..don't know what to say.

Hugo: WOW! Or...

Rickin: I think it applies....

Hugo: Just not in a good way.

Rickin: No. This is getting out of hand. That's two men down in the last two weeks and I doubt Davis will be staying around with Lane's knee as bad off as it must be.

Hugo: Yeah....

Rickin: We'll have to wait until next week to find out. After that I'm not sure I would want to be los Mercenarios opponents tonight.

Hugo: The fans are letting los Mercenarios know how they feel!

Rickin: Did I just see a battery?

Hugo: I've taken a few of those. Never a fun time.

Rickin: It's something you risk when things like we just saw are what the fans know about you.

Hugo: Yes! But los Mercenarios don't seem to mind.

Rickin: They have seen this kind of reaction before, but not quite this intense.

Hugo: Los Mercenarios are smart enough to know this was going to happen when they joined Chicky Starr.

Rickin: I'm not sure any amount of money is worth that alliance and what it brings.

Hugo: It depends how much you love money!

Rickin: True enough. Referee Victor Quinonez just called for the bell.

Los Tejanos vs. Los Mercenarios

Mercs control with their usual brawling tactics. Not much tag work to speak of, just 4 guys brawling. A big slam by Merc 1 on the outside keeps Tejano 2 out of the ring for a countout.

Los Mercenarios by countout in 5:03

Rickin: Los Mercenarios with a win, one that seems to fit their style.

Hugo: They are a lot like los Pastores, just a little more in control.

Rickin: That seems about right. Between los Mercenarios and Abdullah Tamba, Chicky Starr has a very dangerous group.

Hugo: Corporation!

Rickin: Yes, of course. When we come back I'll be speaking to Commissioner Pedro Castillo.

Hugo: A little more to talk about now!

Rickin: Yes, I suppose. And Abdullah Tamba will be in action. We'll be back after these messages.

(Commercial Break) 16:30 - 28:30

Rickin: Welcome back fans. Tonight I have the privelege of talking to Commissioner Pedro Castillo. I wish it were under better circumstaces Commissioner.

Castillo: As do I Rickin. As you and most of these fans know, when I was a wrestler I would have been a part of that attack on Al Madril last week and continued it as long as I could have.

Rickin: Yes, you were not a man to be trifled with for sure.

Castillo: I can hope that in a way that is still the case. But yes, I understand what drives something like that. The difference between now and then for me is the experience of working in the office. It's now my job to make sure that we can continue to put on a wrestling show here every week and around Puerto Rico over the weekend.

Rickin: Which makes these last few weeks a big concern for you.

Castillo: Yes. A very big concern. I won't claim to have ever liked Al Madril. But the man could wrestle and was a former champion. The Rock'n'Roll RPMs were going to be our next challengers against los Primos Starr in a month and a half. I doubt we're going to see that now, but we'll find out during the week and my friend Rickin will let you know on next week's show.

Rickin: As well as giving an update on the condition of Carlitos Colon.

Castillo: Yet another major injury, this one possibly permanent, that has occured recently. Chicky Starr tonight complained about inaction on the part of the office in the face of last week's admittedly brutal attack on Al Madril. Chicky Starr has never been a patient man and that will come back to haunt him. Heavy fines have been handed out to everyone involved in last week's attack on Al Madril. Abdullah the Butcher has been fined for most of the money he makes in one night, something I'm sure he'll be happy to find out when he returns to Puerto Rico. We attempted to officially strip him of the title, but it's hard to do that when he's not in Puerto Rico and refuses to give up the belt.

Rickin: So he is still considered the champion?

Castillo: For now. A return match has been booked on July 5th, but we have a stand-in prepared in case Carlitos Colon does not regain his sight. And now we will be fining Chicky Starr and everyone else involved in tonight's attack just as heavily. In addition, any wrestler who purposely injures another wrestler and removes them from competition for a month will face a very stiff penalty. They will face a one month suspension and immediately be stripped of any titles. In addition they will not be able to compete for a championship for 6 months going forward. This includes every wrestler in the WWC, including Chicky Starr, Invader 1 and Carlitos Colon. If this policy fails to deter wrestlers trying to injure their opponents on purpose, we will go to the next step.

Rickin: Which is?

Castillo: Termination of contract. I am all for men settling their differences in the ring. But things have gone too far recently and action has to be taken. As said before, this applies to every wrestler in the WWC. Thank you to the fans and Rickin for your time and patience.

Rickin: Somebody had to do something to slow down the amount of injuries we've been seeing lately.

Hugo: Yes! And Castillo is as dangerous as he ever was in the ring!

Rickin: A man not to be trifled with, yes. Here comes Abdullah Tamba with Chicky Starr.

Hugo: Little Abdullah has been on a major roll lately!

Rickin: And I doubt tonight will change that much.

Hugo: You're right there! The fans are really letting Tamba and Chicky have it after their attack on the RPMs earlier!

Rickin: We both knew they would.

Hugo: I'm not sure that was really about getting revenge for Al Madril.

Rickin: You're thinking that maybe Chicky was a little worried about the RPMs chances in the upcoming title match?

Hugo: Yes! They are a great team and I think Chicky and Ron knew it!

Rickin: That seems about right. In a way I wonder if Chicky left Madril out there to get hurt on purpose.

Hugo: I....maybe.....

Rickin: I know he's your friend, but you have to admit the man is devious.

Hugo: And he wanted this kind of reaction from the Commissioner before he ended up getting hurt.

Rickin: It seems that way from where I am sitting. Tamba is in the ring and the bell has sounded.

Assassin 1 vs. Abdullah Tamba

Tamba controls the entire match with his power moves and big throat thrusts. He clotheslines Assassin outside and hits a big tope, then rolls Assasson into the rig for the top rope splash and an easy 3 count.

Abdullah Tamba by pinfall in 2:16 with a top rope splash

Rickin: It's hard not to be impressed by Abdullah Tamba despite his actions earlier.

Hugo: Little Abdullah is a great athlete for 270 pounds!!

Rickin: That he is. Up next we have a video message from Carlitos Colon and our main event pitting WWC Light Heavyweight Champion Ricky Santana against Invader 3 for a chance at the NWA Light Heavyweight Title. Don't go anywhere fans.

(Commercial Break) 28:30 - 34:00

Rickin: We're back fans and as promised, here is a video message to you from Carlitos Colon.

Colon is standing in a hospital room in a suit, flanked by Victor Jovica, Invader 1 and Hercules Ayala. There are flowers and get well wishes all around the room.

Colon: I want to start by giving a big thank you to all of my fans. All week the men you see beside me right now come to visit and read me the cards and letters you continue to send. Your well wishes and prayers mean so much to me. I wouldn't be the man you know without your support and I look forward to getting back in the ring and making you believe in me once again.

Colon pauses.

Colon: I know the doctors give me just under a 50 percent chance to recover, but I have been praying too. I believe in my heart that with your overwhelming support, the help of the wonderful doctors I have and God by my side, I will see again. I have been training as much as the doctors will allow, doing pushups, situps, squats, whatever I can in this hospital room to be ready for the day I can defend the honor of the Puerto Rican people again!

All of the wrestlers look off-screen and nod.

Colon: The doctors are saying we are finished here. I look forward to seeing each and every one of you fans out there in Hiram Bathorn Stadium on July 5th!

Cut back to the arena as Colon balls his fists and holds them in front of his face, ready to punch.

Rickin: Carlitos seems in good spirits for being blinded.

Hugo: He is pretty sure he's going to come out of it!

Rickin: That can be helpful in recovering. I just hope he is prepared in case it doesn't work out.

Hugo: You have to think positive though!

Rickin: That's a fair point. The fans are already excited after that message from Colon. They give Invader 3 a big welcome.

Hugo: Invader 3 has always been a fan favorite. I wonder what would have happened if he was healthy for that tournament that Ricky Santana won.

Rickin: I would guess a lot of fans and Ricky Santana himself wonder that same thing.

Hugo: Tonight we find out!

Rickin: Invader 3 would tell you that any given night a match can go either way.

Hugo: That's true! But I still think that the tournament would have played out differently with Invader 3 involved.

Rickin: It definitely would have. Invader 3 has more experience than Ricky Santana and is an accomplished high flier and technician.

Hugo: But Santana has been improving a lot lately! He might be more of a challenge to Invader 3 than we think!

Rickin: Invader 3 will approach this match as if Santana were on his level, you can bet that. Here comes Santana and the crowd is just as happy to see him.

Hugo: He has really been making strides!

Rickin: Yes, he learned to fight fire with fire against Owen Hart. I don't think he'll have to do that against Invader 3.

Hugo: Don't forget Owen is a great technician and high flier for such a young man!

Rickin: Yes, and Ricky Santana can keep up with him very well. This should be a spectacular match for our fans.

Hugo: It should be! But we'll have to wait and see if Ricky Santana starts taking short cuts! I know I would with an NWA title shot on the line!

Rickin: I don't think either Ricky Santana or Invader 3 will need to resort to underhanded tactics. I expect a fair fight.

Hugo: Fair fights don't exist! But we'll see!

Rickin: Indeed we will as ring announcer Eliud Gonzalez has finished his announcements. There is the bell.

WWC Light Heavyweight Champion Ricky Santana vs. Invader 3

The match starts with both men exchanging armdrags. They go into rope-running and neither can find an advantage. The match goes back and forth on the mat as well. Santana looks frustrated and starts punching and chopping Invader 3 in the corner. Invader 3 puts Santana in the corner and does the same. This leads to a brawl in the middle of the ring that Invader 3 wins with a big dropkick. He gets a few nearfalls on Santana before going for the cannonball (top rope somersault senton) but misses. Santana gets a nearfall on a cover, then sends Invader 3 to the ropes. A jacknife hold gets another nearfall. Santana with a slam and he climbs up top. Cross body connects, but Invader 3 rolls through with a clean pin for the 3. Invader 3 and Santana shake hands, Invader 3 raising Santana's arm to the crowd before Santana returns the gesture. They head to the back together.

Invader 3 by pinfall in 13:41 with a roll-up counter to a crossbody

Rickin: Great match, even if tempers flared.

Hugo: They will in a match like that!

Rickin: Yes, a lot was at stake. We are almost out of time fans, next week Bam Bam will be back in Puerto Rico and we will talk to him without Barrabas.

Hugo: I'm sure you are looking forward to that!

Rickin: I am. We will also keep you updated on the condition of the Rock and Roll RPMs and Carlitos Colon. As we go off the air we will show you the confirmed matches for our July 5th card. The WWC has also been in negotiations with the rest of the NWA to bring in stars from across the United States and Canada. We can announce a few of the matches tonight as well.

Invader 3 vs. Chris Benoit for the NWA Light Heavyweight Championship

??? vs. WWC Caribbean Tag Team Champions los Primos Starr

Gama Singh vs. TNT with El Profe suspended above the ring, if Singh wins he gets 5 minutes with Profe

From WCCW Kevin & Kerry Von Erich vs. Dory Funk Jr. & Terry Funk

From MACW British technician Tony St. Clair vs. Indian wildman Tiger Jeet Singh

From Lutte Jacques Rougeau vs. Keith Hart w/Don Kernodle

The Commissioner laying out fines everywhere. I think Castillo has the toughest job in the wrestling world. That beat down on the RPMs was insane. Only Chicky can cut a promo during all that craziness. Which Hart will prevail next week? Cant wait to find out. That Colon segment from the Hospital was set up perfectly. His return to the ring will be a huge moment. Invader 3 earns his shot against Benoit with a hard fought victory over Santana. July 5th cant come soon enough, man that is one stacked card!

I really enjoyed the stark contrast between the vicious beat-down on Lane and the optimistic promo from Colon.

British technician Tony St. Clair vs. Indian wildman Tiger Jeet Singh is such a crazy match-up.

Looking forward to July 5th.

Original Airdate May 23rd, 1986

Rickin: Welcome fans to anothe exciting hour of World Wrestling Council action. You all know my friend and colleague Hugo Savinovoch.

Hugo: Great show! Bam Bam is here!!

Rickin: Yes he is Hugo. We'll get to that, but first we have an update on the condition of the Rock and Roll RPMs and Carlitos Colon. Tommy Lane of the RPMs sustained some small fractures to his leg and a lot of ligament damage around the knee. Mike Davis ended up with a mild concussion. Lane will need time to heal and the team will not be ready to wrestle on July 5th. I spoke with the RPMs and they will be away from Puerto Rico for a while. They have been told that their title shot is waiting for them when they are healthy. Both Lane and Davis were adamant that they would return and make Chicky Starr pay for what he did.

Hugo: So who gets their chance at the Starrs?!?

Rickin: The WWC has named los Super Medicos the next challengers for the belts due to the close nature of their match with the RPMs. As for Carlitos Colon, the doctors are starting to believe they can restore his sight. He is given a 60 to 65 percent chance of seeing again.

Hugo: The positive thinking is working!

Rickin: That has to be part of it. On to tonight's show. We will see the Batten Twins in tag team action. Also on the card we will see the new challengers for the Starrs' belts, los Super Medicos.

Hugo: I'm not sure they are 100% ready for the Starrs yet!

Rickin: Super Medico 1 would tell us that it doesn't matter if they are ready. Invader 2 will be in singles action.

Hugo: He should be almost healed from that injury by the Starrs in February.

Rickin: He has been looking a lot better. Hangman Bobby Jaggers will have a singles match tonight.

Hugo: I hope Dutch isn't in the building!

Rickin: The WWC has been keeping one out of the building while the other is here. It's the only way to keep things under control. Owen Hart will take on his older brother Bruce tonight.

Hugo: And if Bruce can't beat Owen, he's leaving the WWC!

Rickin: You forgot to mention that if Bruce wins, he's bringing Owen home to face their father. Something Owen could use if you ask me.

Hugo: Lying to your own family is going pretty far....

Rickin: Indeed. And Hugo is about to let you know what our main event is tonight.

Hugo: The Crusher will be taking on his former stablemate BAM BAM!! After Bam Bam comes to the desk by himself to talk with Rickin!!

Rickin: That should be an interesting conversation. As should be the conversation I have with Barrabas.

Hugo: He can't be taking this well.

Rickin: I can't imagine. The Caribbean Express will be out to the desk, no doubt to address what happened to their friends the Rock and Roll RPMs. TNT and El Profe will also be out to the desk.

Hugo: You're looking forward to that as much as I am...

Rickin: It's my job Hugo. Nothing in the contract says I have to like everyone I talk to. And finally, Owen Hart will be joining Chicky Starr in the Sports Shop.

Hugo: Owen and Chicky have a lot of catching up to do!

Rickin: After Owen Hart couldn't publicly acknowledge his friendship with Chicky because he was lying to his brother, yes.

Hugo: I can't support what Owen was doing to Bruce.

Rickin: I'm glad there is a line with you Hugo. Here come the Batten Twins, who have been wrestling around Puerto Rico, just not on television.

Hugo: It looks like the fans are behind them!

Rickin: The Battens have gained a following, yes. It will be some time before they become a major force in the tag team division.

Hugo: It always takes time!

Rickin: Yes, they need to prove themselves to the fans before they can reach the level of los Super Medicos or los Invaders. The Caribbean Express recently did just that.

Hugo: And the RPMs!

Rickin: Yes they did, and I hope to see them back reaping the rewards of their work before too long.

Hugo: And getting revenge on the men who injured them!

Rickin: In a way, yes. Remember the punishment laid down for injuring a man last week.

Hugo: Oh...yes, without going too far.

Rickin: Referee Ricky Vargas just called for the bell.

Los Assassins vs. the Batten Twins

The Battens use good teamwork and quick tags to control. A Bart clothesline stops Assassin 1's comeback. Brad is tagged in and the Battens hit a double dropkick for the three count.

The Batten Twins by pinfall in 5:24 with a double dropkick

Rickin: Good way to start winning the television audience over for the Battens.

Hugo: A win is always a good start!

Rickin: And a clean win is even better. We'll be back with the Caribbean Express at the desk and los Super Medicos in the ring.

(Commercial Break) 0 - 9:30

Rickin: Fans, we are back and I have with me two very angry young men. Huracan Castillo Jr. and Miguelito Perez, known together as the Caribbean Express, the Rock and Roll RPMs are good friends of yours.

Castillo: They are, and we got a chance to talk to them before they left for the United States.

Perez: They want to get their hand son los Mercenarios and Chicky Starr as much as we do. But Tommy is going to need some time to heal up first.

Rickin: The WWC has signed los Super Medicos to replace the RPMs in their match on July 5th. That means that you two will have to wait to get your hands on the Starrs.

Perez: It does, but that leaves los Mercenarios. We haven't forgotten how they interfered to help the Starrs beat us in the tournament.

Castillo: And we damn sure won't forget what they did to Tommy's leg!

Perez: On july 5th we want a match with los Mercenarios! Any kind of match, we don't care!

Castillo: It doesn't matter what kind of match. We just want to beat los Mercenarios senseless. If we pin them, great. If not, that's fine too.

Rickin: Remember the policy about injuring other wrestlers that was laid down by Commissioner Castillo last weekend.

Castillo: We aren't going to put them out of action.

Perez: We're just going to make them regret ever attacking our friends!

Castillo and Perez stalk off with the crowd cheering and encouraging them on their way to the back.

Rickin: Los Mercenarios seem to have a lot of enemies of late.

Hugo: Their line of work will do that!

Rickin: As will allying yourself with Chicky Starr. Right now los Super Medicos are on their way to the ring. They have some work to do before their big match on July 5th.

Hugo: They also have something against both los Mercenarios and los Primos Starr!

Rickin: I'd say they are justified in that.

Hugo: Ron and Chicky won the tournament!! How is not important!

Rickin: I would guess from the reaction they have gotten from the fans, the Caribbean Express and los Super Medicos that isn't the case.

Hugo: A man does tend to get angry when you cheat him out of something...

Rickin: Yes. Last week's main event got heated between Ricky Santana and Invader 3. Los Super Medicos and the Rock and Roll RPMs fought hard for the chance to be the Starrs' opponents. Both matches ended with the loser graciously admitting defeat.

Hugo: I would have found a way to win...

Rickin: With what consequences?

Hugo: I see what you mean. We have different ways of looking at things!

Rickin: That much is true. Los Super Medicos are in the ring and referee Tomas Marin is callling for the bell.

Mr. X & Y vs. Los Super Medicos

Medicos control with brawling, technical wrestling and smooth teamwork. A momentary error allows Mr. Y to make a comeback, but a dropkick by Medico 1 cuts it off. He tags Medico 2 and slams 2 on top of Mr. Y. Medico 2 lays on top for the cover and gets 3.

Los Super Medicos by pinfall in 5:11 with an assisted senton

Rickin: Slight lapse by los Super Medicos there, but they recovered.

Hugo: The Starrs would have capitalized on that mistake!

Rickin: Yes, and that's what los Super Medicos need to fix before July 5th. We'll be right back with Barrabas at the desk and Invader 2 in action.

(Commercial Break) 9:30 - 16:30

Rickin: We're back fans and I am joined by Barrabas along with the Crusher.

Barrabas: Before you start, Rickin Sanchez, know this. I know you love the fact that Bam BAm has chosen to fight the Crusher in his first match back after April 19th. I know you want to gloat and tell me how wrong I was. So do it!

Rickin: I...

Barrabas: I love that about you. If you can't ambush a man with a question like that, you don't know what to say. I do! Bam Bam is an ingrate! Where would he be without me?!? I got him the NWA 6-man Championships ! And he punches me for it?!? He'll pay tonight!

Rickin: The Crusher is indeed a big man, but I wonder if he's ready to face the likes of Bam Bam.

Barrabas: Oh you are loving this. Too bad I've been training the Crusher against big men these last few weeks. He's ready and able to destroy that ungrateful, sorry excuse for a big man Bam Bam! Maybe when he's done I'll have the Crusher come make sure you show me a little respect next time we talk!

Barrabas and the Crusher stalk to the back with the crowd throwing insults and a few not empty cups at them.

Rickin: That went about as expected.

Hugo: Barrabas is a very angry man when it comes to Bam Bam.

Rickin: He's normally just angry.

Hugo: When he talks to you.

Rickin: That's a fair point. The boos turn to cheers as Invader 2 comes out to the ring.

Hugo: He's not taped up any more!

Rickin: Yes, that's good to see. In just under a month and a half he has a street fight match along with Invader 1 against los Pastores.

Hugo: Smart thinking there! Los Pastores treat every match as if it were a street fight!

Rickin: Indeed, might as well even the odds as much as possible.

Hugo: Exactly. The rules only get in your way against animals like los Pastores.

Rickin: I hesitate to agree with the idea that the rules get in a man's way, but in this case I believe you are right. Los Pastores have no regard for them and it is difficult to wrestle them as a result.

Hugo: Well, sometimes things aren't the way you want them to be!

Rickin: Yes, and you have to adapt.

Hugo: Exactly!

Rickin: Only we look at adapting a little differently. I tend to not look at cheating when you are losing a match as adapting.

Hugo: Sometimes it's the only way!

Rickin: I can't agree with that. Ring announcer Eliud Gonzalez has finished his announcements. There is the bell.

Domingo Robles vs. Invader 2

Invader 2 controls the match easily with his brawling and high flying. Robles appears to be chopping his way back into the match when he is caughtwith a double throat chop that puts him down forthe 3.

Invader 2 by pinfall in 4:17 with a double throat chop

Rickin: Invader 2 is back in top form.

Hugo: His double throat chop is just as lethal as Chicky Starr's!

Rickin: Or Invader 1. When we return it will be Hugo's favorite part of the show..most weeks.

Hugo: Sports Shop!

Rickin: That is correct. We will also see Bobby Jaggers in a singles match. Don't go anywhere.

(Commercial Break) 16:30 - 23:00

Rickin: We now go to Chicky's Sports Shop.

Chicky walks in wearing athletic gear and his WWC Caribbean Tag Team Title over his shoulder. He picks up a microphone and sits down.

Chicky: Welcome to my Sports Shop ladies and gentlemen. Last week Commissioner Pedro Castillo was kind enough to punish those responsible for injuring Al Madril. Only he was too late to save the Rock'n'Roll RPMs from the very necessary retribution for that act of aggression. There will be those who said I went too far or acted impulsively, even those who think that I was removing a potential threat. I should make myself perfectly clear. This is a war. If you're not with me, you're against me. Remember that.

Chicky nods off-screen.

Chicky: This week I am joined by one of my favorite guests, Owen Hart.

Hart walks on set and Chicky stands up to shake hands. They both sit down.

Chicky: I have been following your exploits recently. It seems you were robbed of the WWC Light Heavyweight Title due to the cheating of one Ricky Santana.

Owen: It's a shame the man has to resort to things like that to win a match.

Chicky: Yes, you've had his number otherwise. This after he cost you a chance to win the Canadian International Heavyweight Championship from Jacques Rougeau.

Owen: I had Rougeau beat one, two, three and he came out and distracted the referee. Ricky Santana couldn't beat me his first two tries, so he has been sabotaging my success.

Chicky: Jealousy can cause a man to do many terrible things. Most recently Ricky Santana poisoned your relationship with your older brother.

Owen: Yeah, he wasn't satisfied with interfering in my career. Now Santana has to try and ruin my relationship with my family too.

Chicky: Ricky Santana is the reason you and your brother are fighting tonight.

Owen: I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't turn Bruce against me to get me out of Puerto Rico. He probably wants to get rid of me so I don't take that title away from him.

Chicky: Sounds like something a desperate man would do. We both know Santana doesn't stand a chance against you in a wrestling match.

Owen: That's the truth.

Chicky: It was a pleasure to talk to a man who understands wrestling and how to handle himself. That's a rare thing to find.

Owen: Thanks for having me. You have been a great help since I came to Puerto Rico.

Chicky: Any time, Owen. Ladies and gentlemen, that's all for this week's edition of Chicky's Sports Shop. Join us next week when I talk to los Mercenarios.

Ric Flair's sign off plays as Owen and Chicky walk off set, followed by Victor and Abdullah Tamba.

Rickin: Do either of those two believe anything they are saying?

Hugo: What do you mean?!?

Rickin: You know what I mean. The fans react as TNT walks to the ring conferring with El Profe.

Hugo: What do you think they talk about?

Rickin: I'd honestly rather not know. El Profe is not a man I care to talk to.

Hugo: On that we agree!

Rickin: I'm still not sure that I trust his offer to put himself in a cage above the ring for TNT and Gama Singh's match on July 5th in Hiram Bathorn Stadium.

Hugo: No sane man would trust that!

Rickin: I don't think Gama Singh does either, but even a wary man can be caught off-guard in the middle of a fight.

Hugo: Especially a fight with TNT!

Rickin: Yes, TNT is a tremendous wrestler and his martial arts skills give him an added advantage in the ring.

Hugo: Singh has proven he can beat him, but that was due to a momentary loss of focus after TNT ended up hitting El Profe.

Rickin: True, will he be able to overcome TNT without the distraction of El Profe at ringside? It looks like we're ready to go, there is the bell.

Armandito Salgado vs. TNT

TNT controls with martial arts chops and big throat thrusts. A big superkick cuts off Salgado's short comeback and sets up the cobra dinamita (cobra clutch) for the easy submission victory.

TNT by submission in 4:22 with the cobra dinamita (cobra clutch)

Rickin: TNT hasn't lost since April 19th and he's looking strong for his showdown with Gama Singh.

Hugo: There's still a over a month to go though!

Rickin: And a lot can happen in a month, yes. We'll have El Profe and TNT at the desk and Owen Hart taking on Bruce Hart in the ring aftr these messages. Don't touch that dial.

(Commercial Break) 23:00 - 31:30

Rickin: We're back ladies and gentlemen with a victorious TNT and his manager El Profe.

Profe: Victorious is the right word. TNT is the most exciting, talented wrestler to come into the WWC in a long time. And he will be victorious on July 5th over Gama Singh.

Rickin: Gama Singh was convinced, and I agree with him, that you are setting up some kind of trap.

Profe: I'm sure you've heard that saying, "Great minds think alike." It doesn't apply here. The two of you have proven again what I have been saying all along. There are so few great minds in wrestling. Luckily for these fans, I am one of them and I am willing to share my knowledge with them. As for Gama Singh, I realize that my man TNT is more than capable of defeating Gama Singh without my help. What none of you see is how this is a gesture of confidence in TNT.

Rickin: So why not just remove yourself from ringside?

Profe: I don't give you enough credit, it seems. That is a much simpler solution and I'll be sure to keep it in mind next time. I'll take this as a lesson that even the simple-minded can come up with great ideas from time to time. You're welcome for my time.

Profe and TNT head for the back, the fans throwing their garbage at Profe.

Rickin: I'm constantly amazed by his arrogance.

Hugo: I'm amazed you haven't hit him yet!

Rickin: I am tempted to. Not that I would want to anger TNT like that.

Hugo: There is that...

Rickin: Now we see Owen Hart on his way to the ring and he is accompanied by Chicky Starr.

Hugo: I guess we'll see a more open alliance between those two now.

Rickin: It seems that way. I can't imagine it's a big surprise to anyone.

Hugo: With some of the people we have seen come out it's hard to believe the fans have that much garbage left!

Rickin: Both have done enough to warrant the crowd's ire. It doesn't seem to bother either Owen or Chicky.

Hugo: Some people feed off of the crowd's anger!

Rickin: Yes, I suppose so. You did the same for quite a while, but you seem to have a somewhat different way of looking at things of late.

Hugo: Chicky says it's all the time I spend with you...

Rickin: It's not a bad thing Hugo. Owen Hart is in the ring and here comes Bruce.

Hugo: He's not sure how to handle the cheers from the crowd!

Rickin: It is a switch for him. I think he's figured out now why he heard the boos.

Hugo: These fans have been hard on Owen from the start!

Rickin: His first few matches he was getting a good reaction. Once he cheated to beat Ricky Santana things changed.

Hugo: I suppose so...

Rickin: Bruce Hart is incensed that Chicky Starr is at ringside for his brother.

Hugo: One on two is dangerous!

Rickin: I'm pretty sure Bruce Hart has figured out who Chicky Starr is after even a month in Puerto Rico. I know I wouldn't want my younger brother keeping company with Chicky.

Hugo: You don't mind when I do!

Rickin: I don't care for you being friends with Chicky, it's dangerous. But it's not my place to say anything.

Hugo: No, and I do appreciate that...

Rickin: It's not an easy subject to talk about. Owen has attacked Bruce as he is entering the ring. Referee Victor Quinonez calls for the bell.

Owen Hart vs. Bruce Hart

Owen continues the assault and grabs a headlock when Bruce starts fighting back. He uses the hair to keep Bruce in the hold. Bruce goes to the corner ropes but Owen refuses to break. Owen finally breaks and backs away from the corner with Quinonez in his face. Chicky Starr trips Bruce as he comes out of the corner and grabs the other leg, pulling him groin first into the ringpost. Quinonez starts questioning an already on the other side of the ring Chicky on the outside. Owen stomps a few times and pushes Bruce to the floor as Chicky clears the area with his hands up. Owen stomps away at Bruce's head after dropping to the floor, all the while screaming at his older brother. He drags Bruce to his feet and slams Bruce's head into the ringpost before letting go. Bruce is leaning against the ringpost not moving, blood starting to come out of his forehead. Owen gives Bruce a shove and he falls over, Owen laughing. Owen climbs back into the ring and counts to 10 along with referee Victor Quinonez for the countout victory.

Owen Hart by countout in 3:41

Owen and Chicky look ready to put the boots to Bruce when Ricky Santana hits the ring with a chair to run both off.

Rickin: I can't believe Own Hart would do that to his own brother.

Hugo: He already tried lying to him about everything he had been doing.

Rickin: This is true. But to assault our own brother in that manner is just as unforgiveable.

Hugo: I want to like Owen, but he has done some terrible things...

Rickin: Yes, and I doubt he's done. It's a good thing Ricky Santana was ready to make the save. When we come back I'll be talking to Bam Bam before his match against former stablemate the Crusher. You don't want to miss this, so stay tuned.

(Commercial Break) 31:30 - 38:30

Rickin (English): Fans, this is something we have been waiting for since April 19th. Bam Bam seemingly officially ended his association with Barrabas by knocking the man out. I'm sure you have a lot to say.

Bam Bam: I do. And I'll start with this. I like the name "Bam Bam." But I have a last name. From now on you can call me Bam Bam Bigelow. And I won't be taking the microphone from you so I can do all the talking.

Rickin: I got the feeling you were not happy in that role, bullying anyone who Barrabas felt like pushing around.

Bigelow: There was no need for it. You are good at your job and don't deserve that. As for Barrabas, the man gave me a chance to succeed, somewhat, and I took it as best I could. I thank him for that. But he and I have different ideas about what success is.

Rickin: What are your ideas about success and how it relates to the WWC?

Bigelow: I want to win titles. I want to make money. And I have the ability to do those things on my own. When I went to Japan or the AWA or Canada, I got things done my way and I figured out that I want bigger things than Barrabas does. I tried letting him know how I wanted to do things and he just wouldn't listen. Then he cost me a match for the WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Title and that was the final straw.

Rickin: So from now on you are your own man.

Bigelow: Yes. Sometimes the fans won't like who I fight and they will cheer. Sometimes they will like the man I fight and they might boo and throw things at me. I can live with both. Tonight I know I'll get cheered. But I just want to make sure everyone knows that Barrabas and I are done.

Rickin: Will you be looking for a rematch with Hercules Ayala for the Caribbean Heavyweight Title? Ayala has agreed to the rematch already.

Bigelow: I already signed the contract tonight. Like I said, I want to be a champion and I have the ability to do it. I know the fans might not like me as much as they like Hercules Ayala. But I'm willing to live with that. Tonight though I am focused on beating the Crusher, who is a big man in his own right and not somebody to look past.

Rickin: And he'll have Barrabas in his corner, looking to distract you.

Bigelow: He will try, and maybe succeed a few times. But tonight is about showing these fans that Bam Bam Bigelow is a force to be reckoned with even if Barrabas isn't in my corner.

Bigelow heads down to the ring. He is getting half cheered tonight.

Rickin (Spanish): I had seen some of this Bam Bam before, but it's nice to see him able to be himself.

Hugo: Will you say the same when he is up against Hercules Ayala for the Caribbean Heavyweight Championship? How will the fans react?!?

Rickin: I imagine if he doesn't take unnecessary shortcuts or resort to injuring a man before the match starts I'll enjoy a good wrestling match.

Hugo: I hope that's true! I am glad he's out from under Barrabas, he wasn't going to get anywhere with a manager who didn't know how to handle a man with Bam Bam's talent.

Rickin: I'm surprised you haven't jumped at the chance to offer to manage him.

Hugo: I would! If I was still managing. But he doesn't seem to need a manager!

Rickin: I'd say that's true. He got his point across very well.

Hugo: Yes! But I think he prefers to make his point in the ring!

Rickin: I'd agree with that. Bigelow is in the ring and now the Crusher is being led to the ring by Barrabas.

Hugo: He's a big man, but I don't think he can match power or speed with Bam Bam Bigelow.

Rickin: Bam Bam will have to contend with Barrabas trying to distract him on the outside though.

Hugo: One punch would stop all of that!

Rickin: True enough, but it might give the Crusher the opening he needs against Bam Bam.

Hugo: Yes! But Bam Bam has shown a good amount of toughness. He has gone toe-to-toe with Abdullah the Butcher! The monster! The machine!

Rickin: So he has. I am with you in thinking Bam Bam will win the match, but it might be more difficult than he bargained for.

Hugo: A hard fought win is sometimes better than an easy one!

Rickin: Unless you are really banged up, yes. Bigelow is in the ring and the bell has sounded.

The Crusher w/ Barrabas vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

Bigelow is in control from the start, with the crusher unsuccessfully attempting to brawl his way into control. The Crusher rakes Bigelow's eyes to gain a short advantage, but Bam Bam is able to overpower him after a short time. Barrabas gets up on the apron and barely avoids a swipe from Bam Bam. The Crusher is quick to take advantage but Bam Bam again comes back. This time it is a standing dropkick from the 370 pounder that flattens the Crusher. The next time Barrabas jumps on the apron Bigelow whips the Crusher right into him, sending Barrabas crashing to the floor. The Crusher turns right around into a clothesline from Bam Bam. Bigelow picks the Crusher up easily, slams him down then climbs up top for the big splash that nets him the 3. Crusher and Barrabas are still both on their backs as Bigelow leaves the ring to cheers from the crowd.

Bam Bam Bigelow by pinfall in 8:36 with a top rope splash.

Rickin: Bigelow has definitely made his statement tonight.

Hugo: Yes! He left both Barrabas and the Crusher down!

Rickin: I'm sure this isn't the last time Barrabas will send someone after Bigelow.

Hugo: It should be!

Rickin: Yes, but I doubt he's done yet. We're almost out of time fans. We'll leave you with an updated card for July 5th.

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Champion Hercules Ayala

Los Super Medicos vs. WWC Caribbean Tag Team Champions los Primos Starr

Owen on the Sports Shop was priceless. I'm looking forward to that alliance. Owen showed serious brutality against his brother. The Singh/TNT feud continues to be one of my favorites. I know El Profe is up to something but I cant imagine what. I'll get my answer on July 5th. Solid TV debut for the Battens. Invader 2 seems to be 100%. Bam Bam BIGELOW makes a huge statement tonight. Very good promo. Once again I love how the announcers continue the storylines. My favorite line "I cant believe the fans have that much garbage left" LOL

I love it, Owen does what he has to do to get the win over his brother.

TNT is becoming a top star here, I look forward to seeing him compete for some of the top NWA titles soon!

Bam Bam Bigelow with a huge win over his former partner, the match with Hercules Ayala should be a big draw for an already awesome card.

Original Airdate May 30th, 1986
Rickin: Welcome fans to another exciting hour of WWC action. I am joined as always by my friend and cohost Hugo Savinovich.
Hugo: I can't think of any where else I'd rather be!
Rickin: We start with our update on the condition of Carlitos Colon. The doctors have not reported significant progress this week, but Carlitos is in good spirits and continues to do what exercise they are allowing him to.
Hugo: We both knew Carlitos couldn't sit still all this time!
Rickin: Yes, and he anticipates coming back to the ring. Tonight we have a great show for you. The Batten Twins will be in action, as will Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher.
Hugo: They have been looking more focused as a team since April 19th!
Rickin: Is it possible Barrabas was focusing so much on Bam Bam that he was putting less time in with Boyd and the Crusher?
Hugo: That seems right.
Rickin: Gama Singh will try to continue his momentum after his win over TNT. Abdullah Tamba will be in singles action as well.
Hugo: Little Abdullah! He's been very impressive lately!
Rickin: He has. Los Super Medicos will be out to the desk for a conversation.
Hugo: I'm sure they are looking forward to their chance at the Starrs in Hiram Bathorn Stadium!!
Rickin: I can imagine they are, we'll find out later. Barrabas will be out to talk with me for a second week in a row.
Hugo: You've been looking forward to that all week!
Rickin: Very funny Hugo. Owen Hart will be out to gloat after what he did to his brother last week.
Hugo: Bruce didn't deserve that...
Rickin: No he did not. Chicky's Sports Shop will host los Mercenarios this week. Chicky is keeping his friends clos by of late.
Hugo: He is being smart! How do we know Ayala, Invader 1 and friends are going to stop because of Commissioner Castillo's announcement?!?
Rickin: We really don't. And our main event will feature two makeshift teams. Ricky Santana and Dutch Mantell will be facing the team of Owen Hart and Bobby Jaggers.
Hugo: Can Santana and Mantell coexist as a team?!?
Rickin: That is a good question. Another would be does that ban on Jaggers and Mantell attacking each other with a foreign object apply?
Hugo: Or could Jaggers just have Owen use the riding crop on Dutch?!?
Rickin: Another interesting question. All of which should be answered within the hour. The Batten Twins are on their way to the ring and getting some cheers.
Hugo: They seem to be enjoying that...
Rickin: You don't seem like you approve.
Hugo: I guess if it happens for you, fine. But looking for it can get you into trouble!
Rickin: Yes that's true. Your friend Chicky Starr fell into that trap as I recall.
Hugo: Very early in his career yes.
Rickin: And look where it got him. The Batten Twins seem to be taking it in stride so far.
Hugo: and they have the advantage of knowing one another very well. As a tag team that can make the difference in the ring!
Rickin: Yes I can see that. Knowing someone your entire life would give you an advantage in that kind of situation.
Hugo: It does, knowing where your partner is going to be, what they like to do is so important. And who knows you better than your twin?!?
Rickin: It should contribute to their success. Referee Ricky Vargas is calling for the bell.
Mr. Y & Z vs. the Batten Twins
The Battens control with very smooth teamwork and quick tags. A comeback by Z is cut off with a few kicks to the gut by Bart. He hits a vertical suplex and tags Brad. The double dropkick puts Z down and Brad covers for 3.
The Batten Twins by pinfall in 5:24 with a double dropkick
Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher hit the ring with Barrabas not too far behind. They go to work on the Battens before the Caribbean Express come running out. Barrabas calls his team off and they retreat to the back as the Express helps the Battens up.
Rickin: I'm not sure why Barrabas felt the need to have Boyd and the Crusher attack the Battens.
Hugo: sometimes you just want to make a statement!
Rickin: I'm sure the Battens will have a statement oftheir own to make.
Hugo: So will Barrabas! You will be talking to him later.
Rickin: Thanks for reminding me. Up next I'll be talking to los Super Medicos and Gama Singh will be in the ring. We'll be right back.
(Commercial Break) 0 - 11:00
Rickin: Welcome back fans, I have with me the next challengers for the WWC Caribbean Tag Team Championships, los Super Medicos. I can't imagine this is how you would have wanted this to happen.
Medico 1: No, you're right there. We were as upset as anyone with how Chicky Starr had his goons hurt Tommy Lane. The man had done nothing to deserve that kind of vicious attack.
Rickin: And now the two of you are in a position to get some revenge for that attack.
Medico 1: That's a tough one Rickin. We went in for revenge against los Mercenarios on April 19th. And we gave as good as we got, if not a little better. But how are you going to win a title like that?
Rickin: You're not wrong. Would taking the tag titles away from the Starrs be as good as beating them up to avenge the Rock and Roll RPMs?
Medico 1: Given the way the WWC is looking at things, it seems like it. The Starrs look at those titles as validation for how they do things. Chicky Starr was arrogant before, but he's gotten worse. If we can take the titles away we take away some of that confidence.
Rickin: Which contributes to the side you've chosen winning the war.
Medico 1: Yes. Not every shot fired has to be a kill. We can wear them down over time too. And given the way the WWC would react to what you might call a "kill shot," maybe that's the best way. Any way we can get one up on the Starrs is enough, and we'd like to see the WWC Caribbean Tag Titles around the wasits of a team these great fans can get behind!
Rickin: That is a sentiment I can get behind. Thank you for your time gentlemen.
Medico 1: Thanks Rickin.
Los Super Medicos make their way to the back.
Rickin: I wonder how many in the Invader 1, Ayala and Colon camp feel that way about injuring members of Chicky Starr's group.
Hugo: Corporation! And it's hard to say.
Rickin: Eventually you'll have me saying it. Here comes Gama Singh to more than a few cheers.
Hugo: The fans are getting behind him more lately!
Rickin: Probably due to his stance on El Profe.
Hugo: It's made me more of a fan!
Rickin: That makes two of us. Although I worry that he might let that blind him on July 5th.
Hugo: You're not wrong. He's gotten the better of El Profe once and I wonder if Profe is trying to use that against him...
Rickin: That may be. But maybe we underestimate Gama Singh's ability to deal with the situation.
Hugo: I don't know that I'd say that. Gama Singh is a clever and experienced wrestler! But once you get personally involved like this it can cloud your judgement.
Rickin: That I will agree with. It happened in his first match with TNT and I doubt El Profe will be as forgiving if it happens again.
Hugo: He won't!
Rickin: Singh is ready to go and referee Tomas Marin has called for the bell.
Domingo Robles vs. Gama Singh
Singh controls with brawling and technical wrestling. Robles cheats to get back into the match, but Singh cathces him with a backdrop. Singh hits a backbreaker then locks in the camel clutch for the submission win.
Gama Singh by submission in 4:13 with a camel clutch
Rickin: Singh continues to impress as we get closer to July 5th.

Hugo: He'll need to do more in Hiram Bathorn Stadium! TNT is a very tough wrestler!
Rickin: Indeed he is. I have a lot of respect for what he does in the ring. Up next los Mercenarios will visit Chicky's Sports Shop and we'll see Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher in action. Don't go anywhere.
(Commericla Break) 11:00 - 18:00
Rickin: Welcome back fans. Hugo has something he wants to tell you.
Hugo: It's Sports Shop Tiiiiime!!!
Chicky walks in wearing custom suit and his WWC Caribbean Tag Team Title over his shoulder. He picks up a microphone and sits down.
Chicky: Welcome to the Sports Shop ladies and gentlemen. Last week my good friend Owen Hart beat his older brother in a match. I don't have to tell you how broken up about fighting his brother Owen was. But he went out and did what he had to do. I was very impressed with how Owen handled himself in that very difficult situation.
Chicky pauses and nods off-screen.
Chicky: This week my guests are none other than los Mercenarios.
Los Mercenarios walk on set and shake hands with Chicky before all 3 sit down.
Chicky: I think it's obvious that you two are one of the top tag teams in the WWC. How is it that a couple of young upstarts like Huracan Castillo Jr. and Miguelito Perez, both living off of their fathers' names, can challenge you to a match and not get laughed out of the building? I can hope that you haven't signed the match.
Merc 1: We don't back down from a challenge. The match is signed.
Chicky: Your thoughts on their chances?
Merc 1: They are young and inexperienced, but I won't underestimate them.
Chicky: Smart. Even so, they aren't in your league. They talked about bringing the fight to you.
Merc 1: We love a good fight. I said the same thing about los Super Medicos. If they want to have a knock down drag out fight, that just means we won't have to force them into it.
Chicky: It's always nice when things work the way you want them to. You have heard this new stance on injuring other wrestlers?
Merc 1: If we hurt someone, we are out for a month and no belts for 6 months?
Chicky: Yes, those.
Merc 1: We don't care about belts and you pay us more than the WWC does. We expect that you would continue to pay us while we were out. That answer your question?
Chicky (grinning): I believe it does. And we are on the same page. One thing that can't be underestimated is the value of the right people for the right job. Something I'm sure Carlitos Colon and his favorite crony Invader 1 have yet to grasp. Ladies and gentlemen, we are out of time on the Sports Shop. Next week my guests will be the most boring tag team in the world, the Batten Twins. I'll manage to make it interesting anyway, which is why my show is the top rated wrestling program in Puerto Rico. It's time for Ric Flair to take us out.
Ric Flair's sign-off plays as Victor, los Mercenarios and Chicky exit the set. Cut back to the arena.
Rickin: It seems we have another match for our July 5th card.
Hugo: And Chicky has hatchet men who don't care about what the WWC does to them!
Rickin: I was ignoring that part. Chicky Starr is leading Abdullah Tamba to the ring. He is getting his customary greeting from the fans.
Hugo: And enjoying it!
Rickin: Chicky Starr has become comfortable with the idea of the fans hating him.
Hugo: He's even starting to enjoy it.
Rickin: And this is something that should be commended?
Hugo: They are either going to love you or hate you. If you aren't willing to do what you need to for them to love you...
Rickin: You need to embrace the idea of them hating you.
Rickin: It makes sense. I don't much care for the idea, but it makes sense. Abdullah Tamba is indifferent as always.
Hugo: He's here to do a job, destroy the opposition. The fans aren't his worry.
Rickin: There are those who are cheered who share that mindset also. Ring announcer Eliud Gonzalez is finished with the introductions and there is the bell.
Mr. W vs. Abdullah Tamba
Tamba controls the entire match with power offense, chops and big throat thrusts. He finishes W off with a top rope splash.
Abdullah Tamba by pinfall in 2:21 with a top rope splash
Rickin: Chicky Starr has a very dangerous bodyguard in Abdullah Tamba.
Hugo: Yes! Little Abdullah is his enforcer and he's been dominant the last few months!
Rickin: He has. And while I doubt any of Carlitos Colon's friends are afraid of Tamba, none are picking a fight with him.
Hugo: There are better men to fight!
Rickin: I agree. Up next we'll hear from Barrabas before his tag team, Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher are in action. We'll be right back.
(Commercial Break) 18:00 - 24:00
Rickin: We're back fans and I am joined by Barrabas along with Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher. I have to ask why you had your men attack the Batten Twins earlier tonight.
Barrabas: Because the WWC always wants to bring in some American tag team to impress all of the bigwigs in the NWA. They make sure those teams are getting the title shots and the big matches. You saw it with the Rock'n'Roll RPMs before Chicky Starr had los Mercenarios send them packing. Normally I don't agree with that....with Chicky Starr.
Rickin: But you do there.
Barrabas: You're smart every once in a while Sanchez. I just wanted to make sure we cut these guys off at the knees before they started getting too big for their britches. Count on Castillo and Perez to come out and make sure we don't finish the job.
Rickin: So that issue isn't finished?
Barrabas: Not in my book it isn't. But there is more pressing business. We are going to run the Battens out of Puerto Rico. I'm sick of Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher getting passed over for title shots. They are a very dangerous tag team, and I will make sure these fans and you know that over the next few weeks.
Rickin: I've never thought that these two men were any less than a formidable tag team.
Barrabas: But the problem is with Barrabas isn't it?!?
Rickin: I don't recall saying that.
Barrabas: Not right now, no! You loved how things went down last week didn't you!
Rickin: Again, I don't recall saying that.
Barrabas: You don't have to! You've had it out for me since I was a wrestler. When these two men are tag champions we'll talk and I'll ask you a question. And I hope you have the right answer.
Barrabas storms towards the ring with Boyd and the Crusher following.
Rickin: I don't understand what happened there.
Hugo: You don't complement Barrabas often...
Rickin: Nor do I compliment Chicky Starr or El Profe.
Hugo: Yes that's true. Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher are a very good tag team.
Rickin: Yes, I said as much. Once Barrabas started focusing on working with them we saw a lot of improvement too.
Hugo: Yes! Barrabas has them clicking lately.
Rickin: It seemed like he was jealous of teams like the Battens and the Rock and Roll RPMs.
Hugo: They do get more attention than Boyd and the Crusher!
Rickin: Boyd and the Crusher had their chances in the tournament.
Hugo: They lost to los Invaders, who had a bye!
Rickin: We were both there when the tournament was drawn. That bye could have just as easily gone to the Starrs or Boyd and the Crusher.
Hugo: I suppose...
Rickin: There are some arguments that never get settled. The bell just rang, here we go.
Los Tejanos vs. Jonathan Boyd & the Crusher
Boyd uses his frenetic brawling to get an early advantage. The Crusher and Boyd control with good teamwork and cutting off the ring. Tejano 1 gets the tag, but his comeback is cut short by a Crusher big boot. Crusher tags in Boyd and holds Tejano for the three point clothesline. Boyd covers for 3.
Jonathan Boyd & the Crusher by pinfall in 5:14 with an assisted 3 point clothesline
Rickin: Barrabas has Boyd and the Crusher working very well together. I wish he'd skip the after the match attack.
Hugo: He might be doing it because you don't like it....
Rickin: You may be right. Up next I'll be talking to Owen Hart before our main event.
Hugo: Owen and Hangman Bobby Jaggers against Ricky Santana and Dutch Mantell!
Rickin: That will be a very unpredictable matchup and you won't want to miss it. Don't touch that dial.
(Commercial Break) 24:00 - 32:00
Rickin (English): We're back fans and I am joined by Owen Hart. Your actions last week spoke volumes.
Owen: I agree completely. I showed my brother, Ricky Santana, you and all of these fans that my way is better than my brother's and my father's way.
Rickin: I wouldn't call using Chicky Starr as an accomplice to violently attack one's own brother as "better."
Owen: I doubted you would. But it doesn't matter. Bruce is back home in Canada licking his wounds and I'm still here. Too bad for Ricky Santana that his clever plan to get rid of me didn't work.
Rickin: I don't believe that Ricky Santana would resort to that. He has proven he can beat you.
Owen: After breaking the rules, sure. I thought he was against doing that. Seems to me you are too.
Rickin: There comes a time when a man has to fight fire with fire. And I'd say Ricky Santana gave you more than enough time to clean up your act.
Owen: And it seems to me that I wrestled that match as clean as a sheet.
Rickin: We all know why you were doing that. Had Bruce not been here you would have been up to your tricks.
Owen: Is that what you think? I used to think you were on my side. But it's becoming pretty clear that's not true.
Rickin: If you believe that, you must think there are reasons.
Owen: Oh no, none of that! Chicky warned me you'd do that.
Rickin: Meaning?
Owen: I have a father and he's not named Rickin Sanchez. So skip the father and son talks. I have a match to get to.
Owen walks off towards where Hangman Bobby Jaggers is waiting in the aisle, riding crop in hand.
Rickin (Spanish): Owen Hart had such promise when he came to the WWC.
Hugo: He's still a very promising young wrestler!
Rickin: With an attitude problem that has Chicky Starr's fingerprints all over it.
Hugo: He has been spending more time with Chicky lately...
Rickin: And I can't imagine Hangman Bobby Jaggers will be any kind of positive influence.
Hugo: Bobby Jaggers is a veteran who has wrestled all over the world!
Rickin: And been fined more than most wrestlers not named Chicky Starr, Abdullah the Butcher or Bruiser Brody.
Hugo: Bobby has never been one to follow orders..or rules.
Rickin: Given Owen Hart's association with Chicky Starr, there seems to be a pattern.
Hugo: Like you said earlier, some men embrace the hatred of the crowd.
Rickin: Fair enough. Hart and Jaggers are in the ring and here come Ricky Santana and Dutch Mantell.
Hugo: Speaking of bad influences....
Rickin: I'm not sure I enjoy the idea of Ricky Santana learning from Dutch.
Hugo: And we don't know if they will be able to work together! Dutch handed Ricky Santana his first two losses.
Rickin: I hope Ricky can forget that exerience tonight. He's shown so much improvement that I'd hate to see something get him off track.
Hugo: Dutch has been getting cheered since he came back. He isn't doing anything different than he did before...
Rickin: You have said before that fighting the right opponent will bring the crowd to your side. I'd say Hangman Bobby Jaggers is the right opponent to do that.
Hugo: Yes, that's true. But does that make Dutch any better as a teammate or tutor for Ricky Santana?!?
Rickin: I'd say no. But Dutch has never been a man to attack an opponent for no reason. Dutch just stopped Santana from getting into the ring.
Hugo: He doesn't want him to get ambushed!
Rickin: Maybe we were wrong. Referee Victor Quinonez is trying to get Hart and Jaggers to back away from the ropes. Let's go to the ring.
Owen Hart & Bobby Jaggers vs. WWC Light Heavyweight Champion Ricky Santana & Dutch Mantell
Santana and Dutch confer at ringside, not looking at the ring. Owen jumps down to attack and starts getting double teamed. This brings out Jaggers, but by the time he is on the floor Santana has rolled Owen into the ring and Dutch is on the apron. Jaggers is escorted back to his corner as Santana uses his babyface offense to control Owen. Dutch uses a mix of dirty tactics and brawling to stay in control. Owen goes to the eyes on Dutch to get control and tags Jaggers. Jaggers is in control when he refuses to break and backs away from his corner. Owen uses the riding crop to hit Dutch on the head a few times and busts him open. Jaggers and Owen work the cut as garbage is thrown into the ring. Dutch makes the tag and the crowd cheers as Santana takes on both Hart and Jaggers. Jaggers hits a knee to the back while Santana is distracted with Owen and the heels work over Santana. Dutch takes the tag and the crowd explodes as a bloody Dutch Mantell takes out his frustrations on both Hart and Jaggers. Santana joins the fight, going after Owen. Owen and Jaggers retreat to the floor, leaving the arena as referee Victor Quinonez counts them out. Santana and Mantell shake hands and head to the dressing room.
Ricky Santana & Dutch Mantell by countout at 15:11
Rickin: You were right. Jaggers had Owen Hart attack Dutch with the riding crop. I wonder what Commissioner Castillo will have to say about this.
Hugo: Jaggers didn't attack Dutch with it! Nothing to say!
Rickin: There are ways around everything aren't there?
Rickin: We're almost out of time fans. Next week's main event has been signed, as well as yet another tag team match for July 5th. Next week we'll see the Batten Twins and the Caribbean Express team up against Jonathan Boyd, the Crusher and los Mercenarios.
Hugo: So many questions!
Rickin: To be answered next week. We will leave you with the updated card for July 5th, taking place in Hiram Bathorn Stadium.
Bam Bam Bigelow vs. WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Champion Hercules Ayala
Los Super Medicos vs. WWC Caribbean Tag Team Champions los Primos Starr
The Caribbean Express vs. Los Mercenarios
The Batten Twins vs. Jonathan Boyd & the Crusher w/Barrabas