Will Rogers Coliseum

Ft. Worth, TX

Saturday May 24, 1986

Bell time: 8pm

"White Lightning" Tim Horner pinned The Super Destroyer #1 with a sunset flip

Non-Title Rematch

Scott Hall pinned "Iceman" King Parsons (TV Champion) with a school boy roll up

#1 Contender's Match

The Onyx Express (Brown/Ware) defeated The Dirty White Boys (Denton/Anthony) when Iceman Parsons came to ringside and started arguing with Len Denton who was pinned with a crucifix by Koko Ware…..Post Match- Parsons tried to high five Ware/Brown who blew him off and left

Jerry 'the King' Lawler vs. "California Stud" Rod Price was declared a 'No Contest' when Lawler was attacked in the aisle on his way to the ring by The Funks and Kamala who left him laying until JYD and the Von Erichs ran out to make the save causing the Funks and Kamala to "powder" out.

Kevin/Lance Von Erich defeated The Nasty Boys (Knobbs/Saggs) w/Gary Hart when Kevin pinned Knobbs with the 'Iron Claw'

RETURN GRUDGE MATCH

Junkyard Dog pinned Kamala w/Gary Hart & Friday after he was distracted by Jerry Lawler limping to ringside and throwing a fireball in the face of Friday

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Championship

The Fabulous Freebirds (Gordy/Hayes/Roberts) defeated Eric Embry/Jimmy Garvin/Big Bubba Rogers w/Precious when Terry Gordy pinned Eric Embry after powerslam

MAIN EVENT

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes beat Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen by DQ when Hansen brought in the bullrope at 18:20 and choked Dusty with it

The people at the Will Rogers Center were treated to a great show.

The Iceman has been on fire for a while know as we never know what to expect. He has such ability to be a babyface or a heel and you have gotten so much out of him.

Is Lawler going to get involved with the Funks? Wow... and what are the Funks doing with Kamala?

Dusty...Hansen... and Dibiase... Nothing else to so but AWESOME

Lots of great stuff happening in World Class, starting with Iceman Parsons regaining his TV title. One thing we can say is that he's persistent with the Onyx Express but I got a feeling that he'll eventually get them to come around and join his cause.

Ah yes, the good ol' fashioned bounty ALWAYS works in territories. :)

What a great promo by Dibiase! This bounty on Rhodes could be one of the biggest storylines in the NWA! It kicked off with a bang as Link went for it but it's going to be a tough task taking out the Dream. I'm loving the Parsons/Onyx storyline. And now that Parsons regained the TV title, he brings credibility to his words. Kamala and the Funks do a number on Lawler but he comes back with a measure of revenge. That Freebirds/Garvin, Embry, Big Bubba match would of been a lot of fun to watch live. Dream and Hansen go at it with Hansen bringing in the bullrope! Things are really heating up with those two.

Parsons/Onyx is a good story for sure. I like the Onyx Express's hesitation as it heightens the anticipation on which way it goes. Dusty as the target of a bounty is definitely Dusty booking, but that is the good kind of Dusty booking. DiBiase's promo was absolute gold.

Ft. Worth got a great show with a good match featuring Hall and Iceman. I can hope that ends up a feud. Lawler against the Funks can only be a great thing. Freebirds against Embry/Garden is one of thoe Texas feuds where the 'Birds get to be babyfaces. Dream vs. Hansen is a main event everywhere, but especially in Texas.

Go get em big Dust! I wouldn't mind a Dusty vs Dibiase match up here in 1986...could be a great mix of things. Plus I love the idea of Hansen and Rhodes... I may have to look up if and when that happened to check it out. I also like the rub of the Nasties vs Von Erichs... they are very young and green here but they are getting some good chances to build up.