Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV $$$ Edition (0$/21 - 0$/27)

KawadaSmile

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ONLY redeeming feature of that awful segment was that it wasn't done during the attitude era. Because then it would have been 100 times more offensive and 100 times less funny. Man Lashley better be facing Brock having to deal with that garbage

I can see certain people at FOX loving that segment though. Especially the ones in the news part of FOX

The match actually works to his advantage. You are absolutely not going to have him work with only top talent, and you are bound to have "lesser" matches along the way. The fact that it wasn't horrible and I would say even good and fun is more of a testament to his skills than anything else.

Far from being Cena carrying Khali to a blast, but it did its job. DB is great and Joe still has at least his killer aura. Ultra curious to see if they give us that, or if they just to the interference shenanigans tomorrow.

Gable/Ziggler was really cool. Ziggler is so annoying and it's great seeing him break out his actual amateur stuff and try to bully around Gable. Gable had a bunch of nice selling moments and they matched up great. I dug how they kept cutting each other off and how they set up signature spots. Much more exciting than I was expecting.

That makes me feel a little sick inside. I like having some shorter pay per views. I can't imagine sitting in front of the TV watching a 4 plus hour show every month. I may end up just watching the second half of the pay per views live, and then if I hear about good matches on the undercard later on I can just pick and choose those matches on the network.

Who would want to keep up with all the content they put out now? I just don't get that mentality. It's like so many fans feel obligated to watch every second of shit they put out. Why? What's the point?

With the Network and all their various weekly shows, WWE is on the brink of becoming a CNN-like channel or having content produced and pumped out 24/7. Some of you will likely be faced with the decision of quitting your jobs, abandoning your families, and living as shut-ins just to stay all caught up with your WWE. It's reached a ridiculous level of commitment already.

It's meant to be a hobby. When it's no longer enjoyable, I stop doing it. I'm not being paid to stick with this stuff. It's why I can't comprehend people treating it that way - like some obligation or duty to be carried out.

PWG is the only promotion I can keep current with, because their schedule is so easy to follow for me. If WWE had a similar schedule with limited lineups and a handful of angles per year, then yeah. I'd stay caught up with them, too. But, ya know. Life. Priorities. And all that good stuff.

I don't because I find the TV to be beyond tedious to get through at this point. But if I just want to watch the matches on the PPV or even do a podcast about it, I'm committing myself to more time for that than I am a football game and football games are too damn long now too.

Who would want to keep up with all the content they put out now? I just don't get that mentality. It's like so many fans feel obligated to watch every second of shit they put out. Why? What's the point?

With the Network and all their various weekly shows, WWE is on the brink of becoming a CNN-like channel or having content produced and pumped out 24/7. Some of you will likely be faced with the decision of quitting your jobs, abandoning your families, and living as shut-ins just to stay all caught up with your WWE. It's reached a ridiculous level of commitment already.

It's meant to be a hobby. When it's no longer enjoyable, I stop doing it. I'm not being paid to stick with this stuff. It's why I can't comprehend people treating it that way - like some obligation or duty to be carried out.

PWG is the only promotion I can keep current with, because their schedule is so easy to follow for me. If WWE had a similar schedule with limited lineups and a handful of angles per year, then yeah. I'd stay caught up with them, too. But, ya know. Life. Priorities. And all that good stuff.

I think it's less people feeling the need to watch live and more mourning the death of the era where that was possible and / or fun.

It used to be enjoyable to sit down and watch a PPV with friends. Now a single PPV (and certainly ever big 4 show) is going to push way past the boundaries of what most people enjoy in one sitting. It sucks that the WWE is basically requiring that their shows be watched later and cherry picked unless you have an insane tolerance for long wrestling shows.