Pro Wrestling Only

[2010-06-02-NJPW-Best of the Super Juniors] Fujita Jr Hayato vs Kenny Omega

Superstar Sleeze

Fujita Jr Hayato vs Kenny Omega - NJPW BOSJ 2010

Not even Omega's stupid antics could ruin the glory of Fujita Jr Hayato. I will admit that I did flip off Kenny Omega on the computer screen when he kicked out at one from Fujita's classic uppercut knee. What an ass! This is shot like it is straight out of FUTEN, which badly exposes Omega, but makes Fujita look like a pro. Fujita was absolutely drilling Omega with strikes and those throws hot damn. I will say Omega wrestled 50% of the match pretty straight throwing back some hard strikes. But then other 50% was his classic gymnastics bullshit. Hayato actually accommodated him instead of saying Fuck You and kicking him in the head. There was a glorious Scissors Kick from Fujita that totally blew Omega away. Hayato was just hurling his body at Omega. I am so glad he won by Uppercut Knee and showed up Kenny Omega. Great Hayato performance. ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2010-06-02-NJPW-Best of the Super Juniors] Fujita Jr Hayato vs Kenny Omega
  • 5 months later...

From my blog entry:

This was a intense sprint battle. A fantastic Day 2 match for the Super Jrs. league. It was extremely stiff with great suplexes and I loved the heck outta of it. NJPW gatekeeps a lot of their stuff because of their 'network' but, this puppy is floating out there for free on their Youtube channel. If you're a cheap ass like me, and you're reading this becuase you're genuinely interested -  watch this bout. It's around the 10-12 minute mark and, even if you don't care for the newer style, this is at the very least a very good popcorn -  fireworks Jr. match that'll make you smile and/or cringe. Its not a classic but, dang it is a blast!

-I don't get the anti Omega sentiment above. I'd say its more of a style battle than saying Hayato's style exposes Omega. I thought Fujita worked really well with Omega's pro style...it was similar to '87 NJ guys vs O.G. UWF guys. And let's be frank Hayayo is very good (probably a smidgen moreso than Omega in 2010) but, he is pretty one dimensional. Sort of a poor man's KENTA...while Omega is the top talent in wrestling, its hard to buy this as very good just because Hayato is blasting Kenny with potatoes...Its a wholly enjoyable match because of the style differences. Plus we have two puro Indy stars battling it out in a NJ ring and that's neat too!