Pro Wrestling Only

Cena's title match at Wrestlemania

Loss

From Meltzer's update today:

--There looks to be a major change in the planned Wrestlemania line-up having to do with John Cena's match. The decision hasn't been fully made but I'm told the change of a change from the plan is significant.

Sounds like they're bringing someone back, but I may be wrong.

Let the speculation begin.

Yeah, I can't see that though, we've already seen Taker/Cena a few times and they like to give something new for Wrestlemania.

Maybe they've scrapped the 4-Way and gone with HBK, maybe on the basis of last night, which I'm told was excellent, the Umanga feud may continue.

Maybe HHH will be back in time, it said his recovery was ahead of scheduele.

Foley seems a strange opponent, and Jericho they have done before.

Either way, I'm interested.

I strongly agree that the idea of ending Taker's winning streak on Batista is beyond stupid. I'm not a Taker mark, but Batista is just one of those guys who does not need that kind of rub. He's an injury prone musclehead who probably won't be around too much longer due to his age. If Taker is going to lose to somebody at WM, it had better against somebody who would benefit from the win.

Then again, this is the WWE, so they'll probably do it.

My guess is that they are going Cena/Michaels when they originally planned Cena/Edge/Orton, but Meltzer makes it seem more significant than that.

Austin and Rock are doubtful. Cena/Foley? Cena/Jericho?

Cena/Edge/Orton --> Cena/Michaels/Taker

Taker's streak on the line. Shawn, at his "most over ever", headlining again.

John

If it was Hogan, that would be a good choice. The storyline of the aging ex-champ making one last shot at the gold on the anniversary of his greatest moment is an interesting one. Somewhat Rocky Balboa-esque. (Yeah, I know there's supposed to be some big deal about trying to recreate Hogan/Andre by having Hulk wrestle some big hoss, but you know what? That match sucked, and while it certainly was a huge deal at the time, most of the myth surrounding the match has come from Vince's own obsession with it being the match that helped set his fake attendance record, and I definitely don't need to see a 53-year-old Hogan try to recreate it with a near-crippled Big Show or Mr. One Move Great Khali.) That said, I really don't think Hogan has any interest in losing a match ever again, but if enough money is thrown at him, he might do it.

My guess is that they are going Cena/Michaels when they originally planned Cena/Edge/Orton, but Meltzer makes it seem more significant than that.

Austin and Rock are doubtful. Cena/Foley? Cena/Jericho?

Cena/Edge/Orton --> Cena/Michaels/Taker

Taker's streak on the line. Shawn, at his "most over ever", headlining again.

John

And that would leave Smackdown...................?

From reading Bruce Mitchell's Raw report it seems that they've already scrapped two plans (Cena vs Orton [apparently Creative realized that he's still nuts] and Cena vs Michaels) and are now going with a four way match between Cena, Michaels, Edge and Orton for the WrestleMania main event. Of course, by next week plans could change yet again.

Cena is basically bullet proof.

The four-way would actually probably be a hell of a match. Cena vs. Michaels probably would too. Cena vs. Undertaker have had good matches in the past and on the big stage of WM probably would deliver, plus, if anyone actually gets to break UT's streak, at this point it SHOULD be Cena as Batista is fizzing out rapidly.

Apparently the latest buzz is UT vs. Cena, Shawn vs. Batista, Orton vs. Edge. I don't see that happening and personally think its the least intriguing of all the options.

No matter who he wrestles, I'd totally put Cena over and continue a good WM streak.

I totally agree that Cena winning is the most important thing about the Wrestlemania main. Batista losing would also be nice, but Cena shows no signs of running out of steam anytime soon. According to Schemer, the current plan is Cena/Taker and Michaels/Batista, which isn't a horrible plan. Three out of the four guys are on a roll right now, so I'm pretty sure any way you slice it, Batista loses, or at least he should. The crowd will turn on him in a major way going against either guy.

According to Schemer,

I don't trust Shining Time Station characters for wrestling news.

Anyway, Cena/Taker and Batista/Michaels is kind of dumb. Quite honestly, even Cena/Batista and Michaels/Taker would have been a better plan. They could have had Michaels win the Rumble, then Taker beat Batista at No Way Out (I know some of you will say that's too big a match to waste on a show like that, but having it on that show would guarantee a good buyrate for NWO, whereas Wrestlemania will get a good buyrate no matter what is on it). Michaels could then choose to go to Smackdown and face Taker for the belt with the storyline being that they have not wrestled in nearly a decade and Undertaker has never defeated Michaels. Batista could go to Raw and challenge Cena for his title and there would be a lot of anticipation for their first ever meeting. (And yes I know they wrestled in OVW)

Guest Some Guy

If the NWO ME is Cena/HBK vs. Taker/Batista like Meltzer says then it would lead one to beleive they are headed to having the partners face each other at WM. I would have HBK lose to Cena and Taker beat Batista. Then have HBK move to SD! (if he is willing to) and feud him with Taker to transiton the belt back to Batista in time for Batista/Taker 2 and Cena/Hogan (cause it will probably happen) at Summerslam. I'd move Orton into a spring singles feud with Cena to tide him over until August. Thats seems like the WWE way, no elevation, just the same few guys shuffled around in. HBK will probably be having knee surgery and miss Summerslam, so we won't have to worry about something for him to do or HHH will be back and they can destroy Rated RKO at Summerslam.