Pro Wrestling Only

Hulk Hogan interview

Loss

Thought there was some fun stuff here. I'm actually pleasantly surprised to read a Hogan interview that seems pretty down to earth with no huge lies.

Hulk Hogan interview talking Wrestlemania, TNA and he wants to move to your home town

SHOW: The Main Event, Sunday on www.CJLO.com/1690AM in Montreal

HOSTS: "Reporter" Ryan Rider and The Viz

Can Be Downloaded At: http://maineventradio.netfirms.com

Hulk Hogan recently made an appearance on the Main Event wrestling radio show based in Montreal, Canada. In this 20-minute interview, the Hulkster talked about his favorite opponents, the nWo, his unforgettable 2002 comeback, Vince Russo, TNA, and guiding Brooke's music career.

-Hogan started off by saying that Montreal is his favorite city and spoke about the hectic schedule he has been having with Brooke touring and working on her second album. Hulk says that the "ball and chain" on his daughter has been taken off now that's she's 18 years old, but he still can't help sometimes being an over-protective father. After coming back from a Raw taping, Brooke had already signed with FHM to do a pictorial. "She was just wearing a bathing suit, something like your girlfriend would wear on the beach, so I was happy with how it came out," said Hogan.

-In regards to a match at Wrestlemania 23, Hulk ruled out the Big Show claiming that Paul Wight is no longer working for WWE. He can't say how many matches he has left in him especially after blowing out his good knee at SummerSlam, but believes he has a handful of matches left in the tank.

-About his match with HBK and the infamous "shoot promo", Hulk said that Shawn Michaels is considered to be a good worker simply because he "flops around and flips around". If Hulk were to do an interview, he would have put over HBK, but instead Michaels went the opposite way. Hulk said that it shows you what type of business man that guy is.

-When he first came into wrestling, Hulk said that he wasn't that into it. He spoke about Blassie, who he credits with getting his head straight, getting him mentally adjusted and making him have fun in wrestling. He said that even though he was older, "Classy" Freddie Blassie still liked to do crazy stuff; screwing with fans, with drinks, and with women.

-When host Ryan Rider asked who his favorite opponents were over the years, "Macho Man" Randy Savage was immediately brought up, followed by others such as the One Man Gang, Big John Studd, Paul Orndoff, Kamala, and Andre. "Macho was always at the top of the list when he had his head on straight. He's off his rocker; I don't know what his deal is. He's pretty much gone; he's skitso, bi-polar…I don't know about him man."

-Hogan also spoke about his Wrestlemania 18 match with the Rock. He tried to be the ultimate badguy; every possible thing to get heat but you just can't make the fans do something they don't want to do. "They're just so loyal in Canada that it just backfired to Vince McMahon. I ran him over, I hit him with a hammer, nothing worked man. They [the fans] just didn't want to boo me."

-The night in Toronto where the fans predicted what they loved, believed in, and who they were loyal to was where his career went full circle and what Hulk claims to be his career highlight. Most people would guess it to be his match against Andre the Giant, but at that time he was figured in, he was the man, and everything was great. The fans showed their voice and he realized that no matter what the promoters do this is what the fans believe in their heart.

- Hogan also says that his WCW days were great, making tons of money there. WWF wanted him to disappear and fall off the top of the earth and die. They tried to make the fans forget about him and the WCW thing was a great lifeline for him. "The Hulk Hogan character still had a lot of mileage, and Hulkamania wasn't dead.

-Hulk said he had a hard time working heel, because it made a gray area where fans would cheer the bad guys and boo the good guys.

-Next he spoke about having a huge legal battle with Russo which has been taken care of.

-Referring to the planned original Bound for Glory in October 2003 in which he was scheduled to compete against Jeff Jarrett but injured his leg in Japan against Masa Chono, Hogan claims he got home and his hip was blown out as well. He said that he was getting ready to go to TNA, was hoping of working with Jarrett and those guys, and giving Vince a run for his money one more time.

-TNA's chances of success without Hogan? He's been watching what they're doing and claims that they are slowly crawling along there but need one momentum shifting move. The Hulk Hogan name is one that the fans have tons of respect for, wherever that name goes, that's where the fans go. Hogan thinks of TNA as a viable working opportunity and would possibly like to work there someday.

-No comment on the Richard Belzer incident in which he apparently lost 5 million dollars.

-Referred today's product to Will Smith's movie I Robot. The focus is on so much television and so much merchandise. The wrestling is moving way too fast. They are plugging people in and out, names in and out. Not having time to develop characters, when somebody leaves they just plug in a new guy. It's getting really mechanical said Hogan.

-Hulk Hogan ended the interview by saying he actually loves Montreal and really wants to get a house in that city. "For whatever reason, there's just some chemistry with me and the people of Montreal have changed my life." Hulk says goodbye to Ryan Rider and The Viz, and says he will see them soon and to give him a call anytime to have him again on the show. Part 2…coming soon?

You know, he's pretty much right about Michaels. Not about the "flops and flips" part, but about what type of business guy he is. To me, HBK's it;s hard to overlook his political BS and temper tantrums. The one he had about jobbing to Hogan was completely uncalled for.