Pro Wrestling Only

Is TNA the worst wrestling promotion in history?

Loss

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The booking of last nights X-Division gauntlet is proof that TNA is the worst fed of all time. I cover it in more detail here:

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/07/18/tna-impact-july-17-review/

Fuck, I just watched that show and I think you're selling it short. That battle royal was as if you gave someone the instruction to make everyone look as shitty as possible. It shouldn't be difficult to make crazy, athletic offense get over but TNA succeed at it all the time.

Their Russo addiction is hilarious. They can't quit him and his very employment is enough to prevent them from making some international deals. So instead of severing ties, they employ him under the table. Just rich.

The silver lining in all of this means he can't ruin Jarrett's new promotion right away.

So the TV network that provides your only means of survival doesn't want him around, the Japanese promotion you're working with for international exposure freaks out at the mention of his name.....does Russo have some Dixie/Serge/Farm animal pics in his possession that makes TNA keep him around?

TNA needs Spike to exist, Spike hates Russo, his booking was the reason they put in the "no man on woman violence" rule. So does all that mean when Bully puts Dixie through the table we could be watching TNA's R. Budd Dwyer moment?

So, let's say that Spike winds up giving TNA the bird and opts to not renew, and this in turn leads to TNA being forced to close up shop. How exactly does Russo, Dixie, etc. wind up spinning it so that it wasn't any of their fault? I'm guessing it'll be the next version of "Jamie Kellner was the one who killed WCW."

Lots of people in wrestling wanted to be the one to manipulate Dixie Carter and be the TNA puppet master. Vince Russo has certainly gotten closer to it than anyone.

Hasn't everyone ended up manipulating Dixie? Certainly Hogan and Bischoff did, they got her to remake the entire promotion around them and convince her going head to head with WWE would be the kick off of a new Monday Night War era. Then after everything failed, they counted their cash and went home. You could argue Bully has as well since TNA is pretty much the largest ECW nostalgia promotion right now.

I blame Jeff Jarrett (another person who manipulated Dixie) a lot for the Monday Night Massacre, even though he was out of power by that point, as he was strongly of the belief if they got on Monday Nights it would kick start another wrestling boom and constantly pushed that idea to her for years.

Already hearing conspiracy theories that Russo is a Jarrett mole who intentionally emailed Mike Johnson outing himself to sink negotiations with Spike. It's notable that the first person to mention this theory to me is actually someone in the business.

Dave sounded incredulous about the whole thing on the latest Observer Radio to the point where I wasn't sure if he was implying that Russo acted intentionally.

Someone at DVDVR mentioned a rumor of Dixie moving TNA to Europe if they lose TV, which makes sense, or about as much sense as anything else they've done. I don't know where that story generated from, so it might be nothing.

It would be mental, stupid from a logistics point of view and over saturate one of its best markets. But this is TNA, I wouldn't be shocked if they moved to Yemen.

Does anyone remember early in Sting's run with TNA when he was supposed to have a mystery partner for a tag match against Planet Jarrett, and he brought out Buff Bagwell and Luger? He tears them apart as he introduces them, especially Lex, bringing up his arrests, and says "that's a shoot" a bunch of times. It was unreal, especially since Sting rarely did stuff like that. I'm looking all over for it but I can't find it.