Pro Wrestling Only

Lords of Paste becomes Thesaurus of Paste

Loss

WWE officially announced this week that the scheduled No Mercy ladder match featuring Brian Kendrick and Paul London defending the belts against The Hardys, MNM and William Regal and Dave Taylor has been dropped in favor of a straight tag match involving Deuce and Domino challenging for the gold.

According to PWInsider, the change was made to cohere to WWE's internal decision to break up the Hardys and MNM.

WWE initially had no plans for the teams to remain reunited for more than a week or two, but the fact that the feud caught on was a factor in prompting WWE to loosely keep the teams attached. It now appears committed to breaking them up, although the volatility of WWE's internal opinion on the situation cannot fully suggest that the decision is concrete.

Silly wording aside, a shame that we don't get to see the ladder match re-match.

Oh ... and DESTRUCITY!

I'm actually glad we aren't gonna see that rematch. It goes against the current grain of storylines to run it, Londrick would probably end up jobbing this time, and I don't want to see a big match like that thrown away yet again.

I think it's stupid to break up the Hardyz and MNM though. That's a case where you maximize everyone by keeping them together.

I agree that breaking up the Hardyz and MNM is a bad idea. There's no reason they can't stay a tag team *and* push Jeff and Nitro as singles at the same time, but WWE has such an insular view of how they present wrestling that they would probably not even consider such a crazy idea.