Pro Wrestling Only

WWE's World Class DVD

sek69

According to the WON, it appears like the WWE Revisionist History Machine is going to end up crediting Michael Hayes as the architect of the boom period, mainly because Kevin Von Erich's memory is shot (cocaine is a hell of a drug).

This seems to be shaping up to be the winner of the unintentional comedy award for 2007. You've got a two disc set coming out about a company who you don't want to mention beat you in one of your home markets and did a lot of things copied by the WWF, and the sole surviving member of the founding family has basically turned himself into Reverend Jim from Taxi. Not to mention the Heroes of World Class DVD already covered the same story about 10000x better since they didn't need to spin it into something else to save face.

What I don't get is they did a fairly even job with the AWA, they acknowledged that they were competitors and didn't go out of their way to bury them. There was WAY more chances to do so with the AWA, one would think, yet World Class has to get the WCW treatment?

I just hope they do a good job picking matches since the documentary part is seemingly going to be for laughs in term of being an accurate tale of history.

The one advantage using Michael Hayes has is that at least he actually worked there, was on top and was important to their success. It's not as eyeroll inducing as, say, Jim Ross waxing poetic about the demise of the AWA. Plus, Hayes is a good interview subject, and should really be heavily involved in something like this anyway.

I wonder if they'll track down Buddy Roberts.