Pro Wrestling Only

WON help

pantherwagner

I remember about four years ago, Dave wrote a "History of WWF" series. I think this may have been around the time Mr. Wrestling died. Does anybody know the exact dates? Because I know I have the issues (because back then I had a subscription) and would like to scan them to be able to read them anytime without going through a pile of issues.

Also, recently there was a history of WCW piece. I only have parts 1 and 2, and I wonder if anybody else could point me out for how long did it go, and where could I get the rest of the series.

Wink wink.

From the Observer website the dates of the "History of WWF" series are:

March 24, 2003 (history of the WWWF title, inside behind the Sammartino, Backlund and Backlund era)

April 21, 2003 (history of WWF continues with the expansion nationally, the death of the regional territories and the rise of Hulk Hogan)

June 9, 2003 (Part 1 of history of WWF vs. WCW wars and what many say was the greatest year in U.S. wrestling; plus a look at Fred Blassie)

July 28, 2003 (Part 2 of the history of the WWF vs. WCW war and the plans to

make new superstars in the early 90s, what happened, and the night where the three biggest wrestling companies in the world combined for a joint show and what happened)

September 15, 2003 (Part 3 of the history of the WWF vs WCW war with the seeds that caused the collapse of the industry in the 90s, Zahorian trial, Gulf War controversy, Flair leaves WCW while holding world title and much more)

March 1, 2004 (History of WWF continues with the period that brought the company down in early 1992, the mistakes, the real stories and how the business changed)

The dates of the "history of WCW" pieces are:

November 15, 2006 (History of WCW part one, Eric Bischoff's book and how the industry was changed forever)

November 20, 2006 (History of WCW part two, Why Jim Ross left WCW, How Bischoff changed the company, signing of Hulk Hogan, Beginning of Nitro, Jesse Ventura, Brian Pillman, Chris Jericho and signing Wrestlemania planned celebrity away)

November 27, 2006 (History of WCW part three, When Bischoff challenged McMahon to fight; Truth and fiction around Bret Hart signing with WCW and why it didn't click)

December 6, 2006 (details behind Pride's offers to sell promotion and Part four of History of WCW part four, Hogan-Goldberg match and why there was no rematch, WCW loses NBC network deal in 1999 and the real reasons the company fell apart)

I wonder if Dave will return to the "history of WCW" piece and finish it off, because part 4 only gets up to early 1999 and it felt like there was more still to come.