Pro Wrestling Only

The war for Mistico is on

Bix

Are luchadores that big of marks for working for WWE that they don't see how they'd be misused? I mean for every Rey-Rey there's a million El Dandys jobbing in WCW and Mil Mascaras(es) being eliminated from the Rumble in minutes. Wouldn't someone raised in the tradition of wrestling actually being respected rather be a hero in their own home than being made into a Heat jobber?

I'd say the appeal of working for WWE for Mistico is the potential to make more money for doing less than he would working in Mexico. His current schedule is insane, working almost every day, regularly wrestling two or even three matches a night. Such a schedule is going to take an awful toll on his body, particularly working such a high risk style. And for all that effort he probably is still making less than an average WWE midcarder.

Are luchadores that big of marks for working for WWE that they don't see how they'd be misused? I mean for every Rey-Rey there's a million El Dandys jobbing in WCW and Mil Mascaras(es) being eliminated from the Rumble in minutes. Wouldn't someone raised in the tradition of wrestling actually being respected rather be a hero in their own home than being made into a Heat jobber?

In fairness, Mascaras had a significant title program versus Superstar Billy Graham in 1977.

Yeah, but there's even odds that he'd end up jobbing on Internet-only shows and being wished the best in his future endeavors.

Also, what would happen if he did sign with WWE? CMLL owns the gimmick don't they? Would they have him drop the mask on the way out?

Wow, that's a lot of questions in one post.

Some fun tidbits in the latest WON, basically WWE could probably still get Mistico if they wanted but too many people think it wouldn't be worth all the effort that would be required.

Also, had WWE signed him, Stephanie wanted to repackage him without the name or mask because in her mind there's only room for one masked WWE Superstar (Rey).

So basically, WWE decided not to go through a lot of hassle just to change everything about the guy that made him attract attention.

I really don't get how this company makes money sometimes.