Pro Wrestling Only

Dusty Rhodes = Savior of tag team wrestling?

sek69

Reading in the WON how Dusty has successfully lobbied to get the ECW tag titles revived, combined with his previous work booking Smackdown, can a case be made that he almost single handedly saved tag team wrestling in WWE? You could even argue that without Smackdown reminding people that tag team wrestling still exists, the RAW tag belts would still be jobber fodder instead of being fought for between main eventers (one of which being the WWE champion).

Tag teams have historically been strongly featured in every booking run from Dusty.

Dusty has had a lot of good and bad booking runs at various points, but I'd honestly rather have Dusty booking than Paul Heyman booking. I don't know that ECW will become great under him, but I'm sure it will be much more watchable.

You know, I never did get why Dusty's booking gets slagged on like it does. I mean, it's not like he didn't have some ideas that are still pined over to this day (WarGames), and the "he pushed himself too much" argument would have more force if Dusty still didn't have more charisma than the entire WWE roster save maybe 2-3 people.