Pro Wrestling Only

I CHALLENGE LOSS!!

Phil Schneider

It's been quite a while since I've watched any wrestling match more than once. I have thousands of wrestling DVDs and no biases against promotions or styles, so I'm always out to see everything, or at least everything good. The lack of bias works to my disadvantage, because it leaves so much wrestling out there for me to watch most of the time that I'd rather see something I haven't seen that intrigues me for the first time than see something I have already watched and already know is great. I think I found the match that may have changed that for me.

A popular sentiment you often find on wrestling message boards is that there is no such thing as the perfect wrestling match. I've read it, and said it. Bracito De Oro, Cicloncito Ramirez & Mascarita Magica vs Damiancito El Guerrero, El Fierito & Pierrothito from 10/03/97 has made me think I was wrong. As wrestling fans, finding a show that has something for everyone is a bit of a challenge. WCW came close to achieving this at their peak, and other promotions have had some amazing runs at times, but even then, you basically know that you're getting a pretty specific style from a specific promotion. That's why I was surprised to find this "something for everyone" vibe that only a few wrestling *cards* have in one wrestling *match*. There's something here for you if you're a fan of wrestling that makes sense, has heat and builds to a hot and decisive finish. There's something here for you if you're a fan of clear babyfaces and heels. There's something here if you really enjoy matwork, and there's something here if you just like to see talented guys go all out and bring some spectacular high flying. For a match with some really out-of-this-world dives and an amazing fast pace, calling it a spotfest would be selling it short. It's more Michinoku Pro than Michinoku Pro ever managed to be, but this is more than a great mat-based match, a great spotfest, a great trios match or even a great lucha match. This is a great wrestling match, and it's probably more accessible and easy to follow and enjoy than just about any match I've ever seen. I doubt if most people will love this match for the same reasons, but I do think almost everyone will love the match.

I'm going out of town for vacation for a week, and the timing of this really sucks, because I'm really wanting to make it a point to see as much of this as possible and don't want to miss out on the voting. When I come back, I hope to catch up on downloads and hopefully I won't miss too many of the polls.