Pro Wrestling Only

More steroid sting fallout

Bix

SI.com story.

WO.com coverage.

Most interesting to me, from Meltzer:

The WWE finds itself in a strange predicament here. The time frame of all these documents from 2004 and 2005. All of these drugs were illegal under the WWE drug policy, but there was no testing nor attempt at enforcement when it came to steroids until early 2006, after the death of Guerrero.

FYI, this is the policy that got Jamie Noble fired.

Guest teke184

I'm wondering who else was involved, they mention 11 pro wrestlers and only 6 have been mentioned. It says some of the guys are out of the business or in indies (TNA maybe?), I wonder what else gets shaken out from this.

From the article I read, it sounds like several of the guys were indy guys *OR* that the investigators don't have a clue what their ring-names are.

They may also be using better fake names than Evander Holyfield, who was listed as "Evan Field" and had his home number on the prescription.

For example, if the name Chris Parks came up in their investigation, quite a few people wouldn't know who it was without using Google. However, once you connect that name with Abyss, it becomes easier to put a face with the name.