• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#21 MikeCampbell

MikeCampbell

80% of crazy!

• Members
  • 2142 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:47 PM

"Lita's jerking Edge off... of the ladder!" - Jim Ross, Wrestlemania X-7, TLC 2 match

Wow. . . . five years of hindsight really do put a different spin on that.

#22 Guest_marchhaire_*

Guest_marchhaire_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:07 PM

Bobby Heenan commenting on Hoagan's entrance music Heenan: That's my second favorite song. Monsoon: I'm almost afraid to ask. Whats your favorite? Heenan: All the rest are tied. "Dusty Rhodes wouldn't win a body building contest for best abs, MacMahon, he'd win for MOST abs."-- Jesse Ventura "I can beat anyone, either male, female, animal, vegitable, or mineral." -- Jim Cornette

#23 Guest_teke184_*

Guest_teke184_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

"Cornette is a mixed-doubles champion. I believe his partner's name is 'Jack.'" - Jim Ross, Capitol Combat 1990, Midnight Express vs. Brian Pillman and Tom Zenk "Now onto 'Badd Ass' Billy Gunn. The Rock understands what took place. The night you won King of the Ring, you got down on your knees, put your little hands together and said a prayer, and it sounded like this: 'Oh Dear God, you see, my name's Billy. And I just won King of the Ring. But there's just one problem: everyone still thinks that I ABSOLUTELY SUCK!' And then at that point Billy, your house started to shake, the heavens opened up and God Himself spoke to you and said: 'Bob...' 'But my name's Billy...' 'IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS! You are absolutely right. You do suck. But there is one thing an one thing only that you can do. You must go find the man that is simply electrifying. You must go find the Rock.' 'Oh but God, anybody but the Ro..' 'KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!' And then as fear went through your body, tears went down your cheek and piss rolled down your leg, your house started to shake again, the clouds parted and the heavens opened. And what seemed like millions... of voices said to you in unison, jabronie, 'If ya smelllll what the Rock... is cookin'!" - The Rock on Billy Gunn, circa July-August 1999 "At SummerSlam I'm going to take care of that smelly, greasy, nasty animal...and I'm going get you too Rhyno." - Chris Jericho on facing Rhyno with Stephanie McMahon in Rhyno's corner "The Rock could just imagine what you were like in High School! The oldest 27 year old senior the world has ever seen! Standing outside your house with your momma, and that short little yellow bus pulling up in front - beep beep, beep beep, beep beep! You just walk in on the bus, go into class, get inside the classroom, teacher up on the blackboard 'Ok class, what is 2 + 2? Do you know Booker?' 'Oh yeah I know the answer to that, 2 + 2? Thomas Jefferson, sucka!" - The Rock on Booker T, circa August-September 2001

#24 Guest_teke184_*

Guest_teke184_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:21 PM

"If the Rock And Roll Express want to take a poke at Prince Karras, he'll kick Ricky Morton's ass and then pull out Robert Gibson's one good eye and make him give him a wink-job." - Darryl Van Horne (Jim Mitchell, Sinister Minister) in the one promo he cut in Smokey Mountain Wrestling that got censored.

#25 JHawk

JHawk
  • Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:34 AM

Jim Cornette after an ROH tag team scramble: "I'm having flashbacks from drugs I haven't even taken yet!"

#26 Guest_Alfdogg_*

Guest_Alfdogg_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:20 AM

"He JUMPED through the window to escape! What an act of cowardice!" - Bobby Heenan, following the Rockers' breakup

#27 MikeCampbell

MikeCampbell

80% of crazy!

• Members
  • 2142 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:07 AM

"He kicked him in the Uterus!" - Bobby Heenan

#28 JHawk

JHawk
  • Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:59 AM

WCW Power Hour, fall 1990. Paul E. Dangerously: "Maybe the Black Scorpion is Saddan Hussein." Jim Ross: "Don't you think he's a little busy right now?"

#29 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, fake fighting.

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:41 AM

My all-time favorite quote about wrestling: "Just look at what I do for a living. My mother worked two jobs so I could graduate from NYU. If she could see me now, working with lesbians, midgets, faggots, freaks, druggies, dirty old men and all the other types of creeps." -- Herbie Freeman, ca. 1950s

#30 MikeCampbell

MikeCampbell

80% of crazy!

• Members
  • 2142 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:50 PM

'You don't need music to wrestle. You need balls, big ones!' - From the movie Bodyslam

#31 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4067 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 03:45 PM

The '10 Years Ago in the Observer" article today features one of my all time favorite lines. Goldust (impersonating Dusty Rhodes) during his match with Bradshaw: "Bump 'round fo' me boy I dun' popt' dis territory" For some reason that line has stuck in my head for the last ten years and I still say it from time to time

#32 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, fake fighting.

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:03 AM

“You think it's fake!? What's that? Is that fake? What the hell's wrong with you, that was an open hand slap.” --- Dr. D. David Shults, 12-28-1984

#33 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43387 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

"Dusty Rhodes should buy a ticket to India. In India, cows are worshipped." -- Adrian Street

#34 JHawk

JHawk
  • Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:57 PM

Rob Feinstein: "Do you think Verne pushed Greg too much?" Bobby Heenan: "I don't think he pushed him enough. He should have pushed him off a cliff."

#35 Bigelow34

Bigelow34
  • Members
  • 991 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:07 PM

"Ok, Ok...I sold out...I sold out Madison Square Garden!" - Mick Foley, One Night Stand 2006

#36 MikeCampbell

MikeCampbell

80% of crazy!

• Members
  • 2142 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:27 PM

"Old Clint shoots those guns, brother. When I shoot a gun, someone gets pregnant! I've got a pregnant horse at home!" Roddy Piper

#37 Kronos

Kronos

Space Mountain

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

"We're all glad that Sunny stopped working 42nd St long enough to come up here!" -- Marlena, RAW 2.24.97 BTW, I totally dug the Rick Rude entrance that Sunny made during this segment. The more rasslin I watch, the more I realize the greatness of Rude.

#38 JHawk

JHawk
  • Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:25 PM

Jim Cornette: "I expected you to be all muscular today, Tony. I heard before the show that you were working with a dumbbell. Oh, hi David."

#39 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43387 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

Promo quotes from a random episode of Worldwide in January of '86: "The first time, the devil made me. The second time, well, that was on my own." -- Baby Doll when David Crockett asked her about her first day with Dusty Rhodes "Harley Race! You're a nut! In St. Louis, I'm gonna doublecross you! If you think I'm doing a job for you, you're sadly mistaken." -- Ric Flair

#40 JHawk

JHawk
  • Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

"He's pulling Hogan's hair out!" Bobby Heenan: "That won't take long!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users