Photo

Quotable Wrestling

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_secondcoming_*

Guest_secondcoming_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:34 PM

"Hey, Hudson...I see you have wavy hair...It's waving goodbye" - Scotty the Body GWF or, who could forget the infamous "...AND YOUR T-SHIRTS ARE TOO TIGHT TOO, BILLY!!!" - Luger

#42 Guest_secondcoming_*

Guest_secondcoming_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:40 PM

so, in the tradition of the stickied "Quotable Wrestling", and something I saw today while watching One Night Stand 95...I thought I would start this: When quotable wrestling goes horribly wrong. Something that was said, that in retrospect ended up being really bad... The quote I am referring to is Joey Styles calling the Tanaka/Awesome match: "Suicide Dive by Mike Awesome...and its a shame he didn't succeed in taking his own life" now...I understand nobody could foresee future events...but, that's pretty fucking bad

#43 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18952 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:05 AM

I am going to combine this with the original thread. No need to have two. As for your quote, that is down right fucked-up.

#44 Marty

Marty
  • Members
  • 2053 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:13 AM

Heyman was apparently feeding Styles (and Foley) lines that night over the headset, so I'm assuming that one came from Heyman (due to Awesome, without a contract, going to WCW with the ECW title). It's funny, because Mike Awesome, in a shoot interview he did, said that Heyman never had any problems with him during the Alliance era, which shows you how full of shit Heyman can be.

#45 Guest_secondcoming_*

Guest_secondcoming_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:22 AM

(Re: HTM vs. Steamboat for the IC Title on Superstars) McMahon: "An undeserving title opportunity in my book." Jesse: "Why?" McMahon "I don't think he deserves it." brilliant commentary

#46 Kronos

Kronos

Space Mountain

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

JR and King on Backlash 2007. Melina has climbed the ropes and has Mickie hanging in the air by her neck. Lawler is questioning if that move is legal. JR: "I don't think so, King. You've only been in the business 30 years. You know it's not legal to use the ropes. It wasn't legal last week or last decade." King: "JR says that's not legal."

#47 Guest_secondcoming_*

Guest_secondcoming_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

JR and King on Backlash 2007. Melina has climbed the ropes and has Mickie hanging in the air by her neck. Lawler is questioning if that move is legal.

JR: "I don't think so, King. You've only been in the business 30 years. You know it's not legal to use the ropes. It wasn't legal last week or last decade."

King: "JR says that's not legal."

ha...I don't know why, but I read this twice, and both times I literally laughed out loud

#48 Kronos

Kronos

Space Mountain

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:11 AM

JR and King on Backlash 2007. Melina has climbed the ropes and has Mickie hanging in the air by her neck. Lawler is questioning if that move is legal.

JR: "I don't think so, King. You've only been in the business 30 years. You know it's not legal to use the ropes. It wasn't legal last week or last decade."

ha...I don't know why, but I read this twice, and both times I literally laughed out loud

It is quite amusing. Here it is, starting about 1:20 . Listening back, I misquoted a bit because they say something in between the two lines. But I just love JR's tone when he admonished Lawler.

#49 Jkeats

Jkeats
  • Members
  • 246 posts
  • Interests:acting, baseball, wrestling, cartooning, yoga, playing guitar, singing

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

It is quite amusing. Here it is, starting about 1:20 . Listening back, I misquoted a bit because they say something in between the two lines. But I just love JR's tone when he admonished Lawler.

I think they way they actually say it is even funnier. Lawler's "Come on ref, JR says that's not legal" is such a great dig at Ross' admonishment.

On that always cracked me up and I wish I could remember which ppv or Clash it was from. Maybe a Road Wild?

Dusty Rhodes and Larry Zbyszko are doing the show open and Dusty blurts out: "It's so cold it'll freeze the boogers up in ya nose!"

...Beat

...Beat

...Beat

Larry: "WHAT?!?!"

#50 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1158 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

Heyman was apparently feeding Styles (and Foley) lines that night over the headset, so I'm assuming that one came from Heyman (due to Awesome, without a contract, going to WCW with the ECW title). It's funny, because Mike Awesome, in a shoot interview he did, said that Heyman never had any problems with him during the Alliance era, which shows you how full of shit Heyman can be.

Heyman could have just denied Awesome the pay day and the chance to make an impression on Vince McMahon by not booking him in a match. They didn't wrestle the type of match that Vince would like, but it was still a chance to impress on a national platform. Heck, Awesome beat Tanaka and then powerbombed a referee afterwards. He was put over as strongly as anybody on the show. I don't know if the commentary was an attempt to inject some of the real-life emotion of the old ECW into the show and create a heel in the match or if it was venting or what.

#51 Guest_secondcoming_*

Guest_secondcoming_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:31 AM

I always loved the way Prime Time opened: Gorilla: This is Gorilla Monsoon Heenan: ...and your host, Bobby Heenan

#52 jdw

jdw
  • Members
  • 8040 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:37 PM

Navy SEAL Jesse Ventura volunteers to waterboard Cheney.

Video.

KING: You were a Navy SEAL.

VENTURA: That’s right. I was water boarded, so I know — at SERE School, Survival Escape Resistance Evasion. It was a required school you had to go to prior to going into the combat zone, which in my era was Vietnam. All of us had to go there. We were all, in essence — every one of us was water boarded. It is torture.

KING: What was it like?

VENTURA: It’s drowning. It gives you the complete sensation that you are drowning. It is no good, because you — I’ll put it to you this way, you give me a water board, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I’ll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders.

It shows my age, but the line about the Tate murders had me on the floor.

John

#53 Guest_MarkGotch_*

Guest_MarkGotch_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

The Macho Man Randy Savage is bad to the bone! And I got a heart made of stone right now. And Im liviiiiing on the edge of lightning bolt and I do not apologize for that! - Macho Man

#54 artDDP

artDDP
  • Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

WCW Bash at the Beach 1994, Steve Austin is wrestling Ricky Steamboat. Steamboat knocks Austin off the apron and onto the arena floor.

Bobby Heenan: "Okay, now they should give him a twenty-minute rest."

Tony Schiavone: "Yeah. [long pause] A what?

#55 Stuttsy

Stuttsy
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:20 AM

"You got pretty much the most important man in the world standing right here and you wanna talk to HER?!" - Randy Savage, to Gene Okerlund

#56 Stuttsy

Stuttsy
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:27 AM

"Ric Flair, you are proof that most white people ain't got no rhythm." -- Dusty Rhodes

For some reason imagining Dusty saying this is the funniest thing ever to me.

#57 MikeCampbell

MikeCampbell

80% of crazy!

• Members
  • 2142 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:12 AM

During the Guerrero/Ohtani match from Starrcade '95: Schivone: He's got until the count of five to break the hold. Heenan: He's a stranger to our country, I think he should get a bit longer than five. Schivone: How long, Brain? Heenan: 30 or 35. During the 1990 Royal Rumble after Warrior was eliminated and then ran back in and attacked the heels. Schivone: He's a wild man! Ventura: He's an idiot!

#58 Marty

Marty
  • Members
  • 2053 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:58 AM

During the Guerrero/Ohtani match from Starrcade '95:

Schivone: He's got until the count of five to break the hold.

Heenan: He's a stranger to our country, I think he should get a bit longer than five.

Schivone: How long, Brain?

Heenan: 30 or 35.

That reminds me of the Hogan-Sarge WM7 match...

After a two-count for Slaughter:
Heenan: You know, in Iraq, you only have to count to 2.
Monsoon: Well, we're not in Iraq!

#59 artDDP

artDDP
  • Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:25 AM

WrestleMania VI, Hogan traps Warrior in a front-facelock. Gorilla Monsoon: "What a punishing hold this is!" Jesse Ventura: "Absolutely, just ask Richard Belzer." WWE edited that line out of every release of the match until the WM XVIII bonus features.

#60 Kronos

Kronos

Space Mountain

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

"You talk about Impact! Impact heard round the world. Impact heard in 48 hundred million . . .uhm. . .countries around the world!" -- Dusty Rhoads, in the ring with Tenay, the very first TNA Impact show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users