Quotable Wrestling

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Was watching the Rock-Triple H strap match from Fully Loaded 1999 on Netflix last night and this exchange had me almost falling off my chair:

Triple H shoves timekeeper Mark Yeaton out of the way and grabs his chair to use it against the Rock.

Jim Ross: "It's real easy to push around a defenseless timekeeper, isn't it, you big bully?"

Jerry Lawler: "Yeaton's got a hammer."

• 4 weeks later...

It's going to sound terrible coming from me, but I think it was either the 2003 or 2004 when they had both Heyman and Bischoff out as people were being drafted from brand to brand. The single funniest line I'd ever heard on WWE since Heenan left was when Paul said "I liked it better when you were blind" to a girl that was drafted over to Raw (can't remember her name but I know she did an angle where she was blinded and now miraculously wasn't).

It's going to sound terrible coming from me, but I think it was either the 2003 or 2004 when they had both Heyman and Bischoff out as people were being drafted from brand to brand. The single funniest line I'd ever heard on WWE since Heenan left was when Paul said "I liked it better when you were blind" to a girl that was drafted over to Raw (can't remember her name but I know she did an angle where she was blinded and now miraculously wasn't).

I believe that was Nidia.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Andrews

Was watching the Rock-Triple H strap match from Fully Loaded 1999 on Netflix last night and this exchange had me almost falling off my chair:

Triple H shoves timekeeper Mark Yeaton out of the way and grabs his chair to use it against the Rock.

Jim Ross: "It's real easy to push around a defenseless timekeeper, isn't it, you big bully?"

Jerry Lawler: "Yeaton's got a hammer."

Man, Jerry used to be great, Such a shame he has fallen into Bobby Heenan 1999 standards.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"My father, many years ago, died in my arms after a professional wrestling match. I don't remember a lot of what happened right afterward, and I don't really remember the funeral. But I do remember visiting the grave frequently, and when I was all alone, just me and the Texas wind, on the tombstone were the letters F-U-N-K. I vowed at that moment to make that name synonymous with wrestling, and that's what I'm going to do, Ricky Steamboat. Even if I have to step on you or your half-breed, pig-nosed, punk kid to do it." -- Terry Funk

Excuse my ignorance this thread but does anyone have a date and show for this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Loss unpinned this topic