Pro Wrestling Only

They just booked a death angle

Strummer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When that happened, I dropped the remote, stared at the tv for a few seconds... and then surrendered to the endless waves of maniacal, hyenical, Joker-like laughter that just never stopped. GOD that was entertaining. Somehow it seems less offensive when it's about Vince himself than when it was Katie Vick or Al Wilson or Paul Bearer or Tim White.

I'm also wondering if maybe this is also part of some elaborate scheme to trick Bret Hart into doing a storyline. They're going to try to frame Bret as a suspect on TV now, and Bret is particular about the way he is viewed by his fans, so he'll feel like he has to make a one-time appearance on RAW to set the record straight or something.

I'd call it the new millenium version of "How much was the plastic surgery, brother?"

Am I missing something here?

Anyway, perhaps it will be remembered for years to come, but it seems to me people are just on a big high with WWE now, and are tending to overhype everything. Just an outsiders view really, I haven't been watching the shows so I can't make a big comment on the quality.

Wow.

Hogan/Andre on NBC when Hogan dropped the title after wearing it for 4 years. Probably the most famous angle of the 80s. Dave Hebner pretended to be Earl Hebner and counted the pinfall on Hogan even while he had his shoulder up. They portrayed it as if DiBiase found some random dude and gave him plastic surgery to look just like Earl Hebner. Andre wins the belt and immediately hands it to DiBiase.

Hogan did a big infamous interview afterward, screaming "How much was the plastic surgery, brother?" and crying foul. I'm pretty sure it's the most watched wrestling match in the history of American wrestling.

(Before anyone contradicts that, remember that most of the matches you hear about regularly are matches that aired on cable.)

Minor correction - it was Earl Hebner who was pretending to be Dave Hebner, as Dave was the one who had been refereeing in the WWF at the time, while Earl had been refereeing for the NWA. Not long after Dave retired to become a road agent and Earl took over his refereeing job.

I do wonder how Bret Hart justified to himself cutting that wrestling promo on Vince McMahon after years of saying he would never turn Montreal into a phony wrestling angle.

I do wonder how Bret Hart justified to himself cutting that wrestling promo on Vince McMahon after years of saying he would never turn Montreal into a phony wrestling angle.

I'm guessing, much like the Hall Of Fame, he pretty much said something along the lines of, "No paycheque please."

Who Blew Up WWE® Chairman Mr. McMahon?

While some might say “The Sopranos” went out with a whimper, last night on USA Network, WWE's "Monday Night RAW" went out with a bang. At the end of his self-anointed "Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night," WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon entered his limousine when it suddenly exploded. The shocking ending raised a myriad of questions: How could Mr. McMahon have survived the fiery explosion? And who could've committed such a heinous act?

Although full details have not been disclosed, initial reports indicate that Mr. McMahon is presumed dead. An official investigation into Monday night's events is currently underway with no one being ruled out as a suspect. Throughout the night, people from Mr. McMahon's past - from Donald Trump to Snoop Dogg to Bob Costas to Stone Cold Steve Austin - had less than flattering things to say about the WWE Chairman, but would any go so far as to actually blow him up? The question of "whodunit," as well as the fate of Mr. McMahon, will be on everyone's minds as the WWE saga continues on "Monday Night Raw" on USA (9 p.m. ET/8C).

Oh, man, these press releases are priceless.

STAMFORD, Conn. – After Monday’s horrific events on Raw, those “dark clouds” the Chairman once spoke of are now felt prominently in the halls and offices of WWE headquarters.

With Mr. McMahon presumed dead, the corporate flag on the roof of Titan Tower was lowered to half-staff Tuesday morning. The company McMahon built into a sports-entertainment giant began to mourn the passing of its leader and visionary.

Many WWE staffers are still suffering from the trauma of seeing their corporate leader’s limousine explode on live television just after Mr. McMahon entered it.

“I sat there stunned, not believing what I just saw,” said marketing employee Stefanie Granata. “Then I just cried. You just don’t realize how precious life is until something like this happens.”

Though federal officials at the scene have not recovered his body from the charred chassis of the limo, investigators believe that Mr. McMahon’s body could possibly have been incinerated in the blast.

Some WWE employees wore black clothing to express their sadness. Others have left flowers by the Chairman’s office door. And if you listen closely, faint sobbing can be overheard occasionally amongst the din of the phones, fax machines and printers.

Heather Lubin, a long-time marketing employee, said the loss is being felt hard around the Stamford offices – mostly because of the unexpected, unexplained nature of the tragedy.

“It’s hard to cope with this tragedy when there’s so many questions unanswered,” Lubin said. “Who could do such a thing to Mr. McMahon?”

As for Liz Montgomery, a WWE creative services employee, she hopes that everyone can come together and help each other cope with the shocking loss of the company’s heart and soul.

“He’ll be truly, truly missed,” Montgomery said. “Wherever he is now, I hope it’s in a good place. But we’re going to miss him terribly.”