Pro Wrestling Only

Chris, Nancy, & Daniel Benoit found dead

Bix

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/h...t.asp?aID=20000

The WWE just told its talent and released on its web site that Chris Benoit was found dead by Atlanta police.

Benoit, wife Nancy aka Woman and son Daniel were all found dead. We have no other details at this moment.

All plans for Raw tonight have been scrapped and they will do a show on the life of Benoit.

There are no words.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From 1Wrestling, and I seriously have no idea at this point whether he was ever in Houston for the PPV:

MORE DETAILS ON DEATH OF CHRIS BENOIT & FAMILY

By: Bob Ryder

6/25/2007 6:36:57 PM

Details remain very sketchy regarding the tragic news today that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead at their Atlanta area home.

Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the house show due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.

At last night's Vengeance pay-per-view, Benoit was replaced in his match by Johnny Nitro.

No other details are available at this time and police are on the scene at the Benoit residence investigating.

PWInsider seems to confirm Ryder's report:

According to several sources, Chris Benoit's last known contact with World Wrestling Entertainment was this past Saturday, when he informed the company he was flying home from Texas due to an illness in the family.

Torch is the first of the news sites to go there:

UPDATE: Daniel was their only child together. He was about seven years old. Says one friend: "Chris and Nancy were known to have a volatile relationship, but their son was the saving grace for both of them."

Benoit has another son from his previous marriage who is in Canada at this time.

UPDATE: Benoit was scheduled to wrestle in Beaumont, Tex., but WWE personnel were told he missed the show due to a family member being sick. He was last seen by WWE personnel at last week's TV tapings.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_20622.shtml

There are no police reports yet confirming the backstage info circulating that they all did (sic) of gunshot wounds.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/faye...0625benoit.html

Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

Fuck you, Wade.

I am in complete disbelief right now.

Benoit has been, and always will be my favorite wrestler and my hero. I just cannot believe that Chris is gone. 1967-2007 is not long enough.

I'm with Vyce on this, I generally don't get emtional over wrestlers dying, death is the only gurantee in life, but, I shed many tears during the opening of Raw tonight.

Rest in Peace Chris Benoit, I will never forget you, and I love you and hope your journey in life was as marvelous as you were, and I hope the next stage in your existence will be as perfect as your life was. God bless you.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- Authorities said professional wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and child were found slain Monday at their Fayette County home.

Lieutenant Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details.

Pope said the deaths are being investigated as homicide, but the cause of death awaits autopsy results tomorrow.

He would not say how the bodies were discovered, or who found them.

The World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Website that the 40-year-old Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son Daniel were found dead but also had no other detai

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=3315501&page=1

Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

Not good.

EDIT: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html

WAGA reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday.

A concerned neighbor called police. The bodies were found in three different rooms.

Worse.

It's hours into the investigation ...

How can anything be "ruled" to have happened, as it states on WWE.com, without as much as an autopsy ...

You don't need an autopsy to know such things. Boy placement usually tells you if someone say killed themselves or if a person was murdered. Other things such as bruises, scratches, etc. also provide further evidence of such things.

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the lving room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, accordig t an unnamed source in the department.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

Meltzer

Hard to respond to as well.

The earlier "theories" were among the obvious ones to draw from the small group of "possibilities". When Cheetah called around 8:30 PT with me having not heard/read about it yet, once she got past the Chris, Nancy and their son are dead part, my first question was "Accident?" When she said no, my reponse was along the line of "Oh god... muder-suicide?"

It's brutal... it's not something any of us really want to face... but it's there. :(

John

The Citizen, a newspaper out of Fayetteville, Georgia, gathered some comments from Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard regarding the Benoit family tragedy.

"Every indication is that this is a murder-suicide," District Attorney Scott Ballard told The Citizen, adding that he was confident in his belief that Benoit killed his wife, then his son, then himself. Reports have been made that the bodies were found in three separate rooms, and that no gun was involved. Ballard declined to release the cause of death, but said that earlier news reports that the Benoits died of gunshots were false.

Ballard said sheriff's deputies were called to the Benoit home at around 2:30 p.m yesterday afternoon by a WWE official because they couldn't get a hold of him. When deputies arrived at the Benoit residence, they smelled the odor of decaying bodies, Ballard said.

Ballard also added when he heard that a young child was killed, it "just tore my guts out."

Click here to read the complete article.