Pro Wrestling Only

The Jim Ross Is A Grouchy Hateful Vile Human Being thread

Loss

After reading this in his latest blog entry, I decided it was time for a "Jim Ross is a grouchy, hateful, vile human being" thread. Too many things he has said and done lately have exposed what most of us already suspected, but let's put it all in one place.

If the Michael Vick debacle is true then Vick proves beyond a shadow of a doubt he is one dumb, formerly really rich human being. Athletes in every walk of sport and entertainment do some of the dumbest damned things these days that one can imagine, including in the wrestling business. Immaturity and the age of entitlement has not done these big money ball players any favors. Perhaps they won’t realize what they have until they lose it. I hope it is not true but the news media is now hammering the NFL which gives others a rest at least for the time being.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember watching "Beyond the Mat" years ago, shortly after it was released on video. There's a scene where Jim Ross says something to the effect (terribly paraphrased) "As long as there's an ass in a seat every 18 inches, I don't care what we present them in the ring."

At the time it shocked me because I thought "Man, that doesn's sound very Jim Ross-like."

Actually, it sure does.

If anyone knows the exact quote, please correct me because I'm pretty confident the last half of that is wrong. I think you get the idea though, and I know he said the 18 inches part.

Burying his best friend, Steve Austin, on WWE Confidential, after Austin had walked out on the company was pretty bad. Especially as Austin had helped save his play by play announcing job a few years earlier.

What narks me about Jim Ross is that at times he's been treated badly by the company and has played that up for sympathy (his two firings, trying to kick him out of his Raw announcing position on numerous occasions, being potatoed by Triple H on purpose, making fun of his colon cancer on the air, etc), yet he still stoops to the lowest levels possible to defend the company when the Benoit tragedy happened.

Jim Ross showed up in character at a funeral and did WWE PR outside the funeral home. Jim Ross said it was time to forget about the tragedy and have a good time two days after the bodies were found. Jim Ross also has strongly implied many times that Debra deserved to be beaten by her husband.

Jim Ross showed up in character at a funeral and did WWE PR outside the funeral home. Jim Ross said it was time to forget about the tragedy and have a good time two days after the bodies were found.

This included the awesome blog post where he contradicted himself by saying he was sent to be a WWE rep and then later stating he wasn't there to do PR.

He works for the "devil" Vince Mcmahon. It's a requirement to be evil, grouchy, vile, hateful and inhumane.

I think that goes for the entire industry where the only people who will actually be honest are those who know they're never going back, are too hurt or old to be in the business anymore, or have already burned their bridge and might as well pour some more gas on the fire. And then there's those who will say anything because the net just loves their "in your face honesty."

Speaking of Beyond The Mat, there's the scene where he basically tells Tony Jones to get on the gas.

Yeah, I remember years ago telling my brother the same thing. I've also mentioned this on boards here and there. "Proof" to people in the know that the WWF/WWE promotes drug use. In Ross' defence, he was just probably telling Jones the truth and that's actually not a bad thing. He also might not have known that he was telling Jones to go on the juice but I'm skeptical on that.

• 1 month later...

I put this in Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread, because I forgot we had this thread.

It works better here.

From his latest blog entry:

Brandon- Haystacks Calhoun was “an attraction” and like Andre the Giant was better utilized sporadically rather than seeing ‘Stacks every week. Calhoun was sort of an ornery cuss but I don’t think he really ever felt well, he died of diabetes I think, and his self esteem was in the toilet as his obesity was always the center of any discussion involving him, it seemed. If you come to our place, I suggest you order the ribs…..the brisket…..and the turkey….for starters.

I put this in Comments That Don't Warrant A Thread, because I forgot we had this thread.

It works better here.

From his latest blog entry:

Brandon- Haystacks Calhoun was “an attraction” and like Andre the Giant was better utilized sporadically rather than seeing ‘Stacks every week. Calhoun was sort of an ornery cuss but I don’t think he really ever felt well, he died of diabetes I think, and his self esteem was in the toilet as his obesity was always the center of any discussion involving him, it seemed. If you come to our place, I suggest you order the ribs…..the brisket…..and the turkey….for starters.

I love how in the span of two sentences, he seamlessly transitions from talking about depression due to obesity to encouraging Brandon to eat a a farm's worth of food.

Is there any context to this, or does Ross just wish depression and death on anyone who mentions Haystacks Calhoun to him?

Was Calhoun still in Tri-States in the 70s? I'm pretty sure he held a title there ( not sure how long but title holder suggest that Mcgurik felt more sporadic atraction ) but thought that was 60s. Thought he was more or less an MSG exclusive guy by the 70s.