• This topic is locked This topic is locked
847 replies to this topic

#841 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 8978 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:06 AM

It's about this:

To be clear, I've had no intention of anyone getting the message that he is "a drunk" or was drunk at any of his recent WWE bookings or live show appearances.

#842 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:18 AM

And even if this hypothetical was the result of Jim getting into a funk about Jan that hopefully he would have been snapped out of since?

Please clarify that statement. Because it sounds like you're trying to imply there is a set amount of time that the guy should be depressed over the death of his wife. And even you can't be that big of a douchebag...despite all evidence to the contrary.

#843 Bix

Bix
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 6237 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:55 AM

And even if this hypothetical was the result of Jim getting into a funk about Jan that hopefully he would have been snapped out of since?

Please clarify that statement. Because it sounds like you're trying to imply there is a set amount of time that the guy should be depressed over the death of his wife. And even you can't be that big of a douchebag...despite all evidence to the contrary.

Definitely not saying that. Literally just meant "Everyone I talked to thought it was his apathy with the NJPW shows because he hasn't been sandbagging any other jobs." I can see how the "hopefully" was read weird, though; it was intended as "hopefully, for his sake, he'll be able to deal with this in a healthy way."

#844 Bix

Bix
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 6237 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:04 AM

It's about this:

To be clear, I've had no intention of anyone getting the message that he is "a drunk" or was drunk at any of his recent WWE bookings or live show appearances.

Oh, that was just referring to the 2017 WWE stuff and was not meant to imply anything about his previous WWE runs. We'll see how he did overall at the Mae Young Classic but I thought he did an excellent job on Saturday at Takeover and a good job in his other appearances.

Though I don't have the highest of expectations based on his interactions with female g guests on his podcast and the line where he called Piper Niven/Viper "a load........in a good way!" on the tournament Parade of Champions show.

#845 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43387 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:04 AM

This was never meant to be a Jim Ross catch-all thread. It was just meant to be a thread about his WWE wagon circling in the immediate aftermath of the Benoit murders. I'm not changing the name, but I'll close it. Start a new thread if you'd like to discuss other things about Jim Ross. If you want to split off some of the posts into another thread, use the Report feature to say which ones so I or one of the mods can take care of it.

#846 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43387 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:05 AM

On second thought, I'll let this ongoing conversation play out, then lock it.

#847 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1015 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

Speaking of douchiness,can someone in charge change the name of this thread? It's embarrassing and fucking awful.

Yeah, I know what I say or think doesn't matter and it's not going to change...but for what it's worth I've never liked this thread title either.  There is no doubt that Jim Ross is a grouch on his best days, but to call him a vile human being always seemed like a serious case of overkill to me. I wouldn't even call Russo a vile human being, and he's probably the person in Pro Wrestling I despise the most.

#848 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43387 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

It was started when he did WWE media PR outside of Chris Benoit's funeral and was in that context. That it has continued ten years later to talk all things Jim Ross is a surprise to me. So we'll close the thread now that the convo has subsided.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users