Pro Wrestling Only

Benoit brain examination findings to be released tomorrow

Bix

I'd think you could get Vince on drug conspiracy charges if you had a prosecutor putting real work into it.

If I'm a crime lord, and I tell Bix and Loss that TomK is really pissing me off, and then Bix kills him while Loss doesn't, and I then fire Loss and promote Bix, I can easily be prosecuted for murder.

Anyway, if McDevitt is as good as his reputation, that's where his effort is right now, not on vetting the PR stuff put out by the office blowup doll.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if everyone has more than two concussions, then that means everyone is brain damaged, which means wrestling is hazardous, which means it probably shouldn't exist. I'm a fan and I'm not actively hoping for anyone to bring it down or anything, but objectively, what's the argument for allowing it to continue as is when the status quo is pretty horrible?

Couldn't you say the same for boxing and football?

Well, at least about it being hazardous. Obviously those sports have governing bodies in place which will stop a person from competing if they are too fucked up. But couldn't a similar argument be made that those sports "probably shouldn't exist"?

There are two differences for me, that also hold in MMA. The more important is that while highly imperfect, there are structures in place to identify and prevent concussions. God knows they're imperfect, and I hope the pressure to improve them keeps up, but they are there. The other is that these are real sports; the head injuries are incidental to honorable competition, which I consider something worthy. In wrestling, head injuries can't be eliminated any more than they can be eliminated from bartending, but they can be greatly minimized. Instead you have loons pretending it's real by belting each other with chair shots and shoot suplexes for whatever reason. This isn't an argument for outlawing wrestling, but just for why I'd spend money on boxing, MMA, or football, while at this point I won't spend a dime on pro wrestling.

Didn't HHH also legit KO a ref in the same incident where he knocked Benoit senseless? Was there ever an explanation given for that, did someone piss in his Wheaties that morning? Or did he just feel like swinging for the fences on the heads of two of his co-workers?

Two concussions equals brain damage?

Damn.

I've had numerous documented concussions. I've had two Grade V concussions. Once in high school football, and other in the Marine Corps. I HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE!

Brain damage doesn't mean someone's a vegetable or some kind of slack-jawed imbecile. It just means that your brain's capacity is probably lesser than it would be had you not taken so many shots to your dome.

I found a breakdown of concussion grades on Wikipedia:

1. The mildest, grade I, involves only confusion.[9]

2. Grade II involves anterograde amnesia that lasts less than five minutes as well as confusion.

3. Grade III involves the symptoms above, as well as retrograde amnesia and unconsciousness for less than five minutes.[9]

4. Grade IV involves all of the above symptoms, as well as unconsciousness that lasts between 5 and 10 minutes.[9]

5. Grade V is the same as grade IV, with unconsciousness lasting longer than ten minutes.

Shit, you had 2 Grade V's? You must be the Keith Richards of brain trauma.

Two concussions equals brain damage?

Damn.

I've had numerous documented concussions. I've had two Grade V concussions. Once in high school football, and other in the Marine Corps. I HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE!

I guess, I don't even know who that is though.

I do get awful migraines occasionally, and even though my memory is terrific, it sometimes botches out on me.

You seem to be in denial about it, but you're kinda fucked.

Meanwhile, on the WWE website one of the headlines is "Rey Mysterio nearly had his skull caved in by The Great Khali". I know Smackdown was taped before the results of Benoit's brain examination came out, so they had already shot the angle where Khali laid out Mysterio with a head crush, but it would really be prudent to avoid hyperbole like skulls nearly being caved in at the moment.

Eh. I haven't had it checked out in some time, but when I did go through the cat scan last November (due to a serious roll over car accident (which gave me a concussion)), they did notice some damage. The Doctor never specified how serious the damage was, or if I should be worried. I just kind of pushed it out of my mind that my brain has been damaged. Not exactly something I want to dwell on.

I have had quite a few concussions. Most of them were either Grade 0 or 1. But I have had two Grade V's.