Pro Wrestling Only

The "Confirmed Stories of Triple H Being A Total Douchebag" Thread

sek69

I'm aware of them, I just don't believe they're of the required quality. They're all solid-good, but I've said all along that to bring about the change people are envisioning will require several Great talents who're as able as any of the men. It should be easier for wrestling than real sports, realistically. Ronda isn't getting out the first round with Demetrius Johnson, she'd be unlikely to last more than half way through it, and yet she's been marketted far better (and has more star quality) and thus is a bigger deal. If AJ vs Nattie pulled off Aja vs Toyota from the Dome on a WWE show now who'd follow them?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Triple H is on the podcast of some guy i never heard of since I live in the wrestling bubble:

I'm only 10 mins or so in but he already talked about training with Kowalski, how wrestling standards don't change in any meaningful way, and what he does well in the ring (including the spot he never, ever wants to take):

http://fourhourworkweek.com/2015/04/20/triple-h/

From all accounts I've seen, when Ace was in charge it was when there was little to no communication between the developmental groups and WWE. Was that Johnny's fault? Maybe not entirely but it doesn't seem like he made much of an effort to improve things either.

As far as the breakdown with OVW goes, it seemed to be Johnny not having his shit together. Developmental talent would be released without letting Jim and Danny know it was coming, so they couldn't do anything to finish them up, or take a title belt off them. They were once promised that they could have Randy Orton on one of their big Six Flags shows, and Johnny didn't bother to tell Randy about it.

Triple H is on the podcast of some guy i never heard of since I live in the wrestling bubble:

I'm only 10 mins or so in but he already talked about training with Kowalski, how wrestling standards don't change in any meaningful way, and what he does well in the ring (including the spot he never, ever wants to take):

Wait, am I on the same side as Triple H in an argument? I don't know how to feel.

Not gonna listen to this at the moment, but I'm curious. Piledriver? Eating dives?

• 4 weeks later...

Atter seeing the fuss Hunter made on social media about NXT main eventing the Philly houseshow with a women's match, it really seems he's going all in on the Good Cop gimmick. He even included Tyler Breeze in a tweet naming guys he felt would be the future of WWE. I mean, I love Tyler as much as the next guy but he seems the exact kind of guy who's going to get ground up and spat out by WWE creative. It's brilliant really, either his guys do end up running WWE and he's hailed as a genius, or they get flattened on the main roster he can still say "Hey, i was rooting for ya but the old man overruled it!".

With the way he's headed, I seriously wouldn't be surprised to find out he pulled some Mafia style shit and more or less stages a takeover on Vince one day.

With the way he's headed, I seriously wouldn't be surprised to find out he pulled some Mafia style shit and more or less stages a takeover on Vince one day.

I doubt it. I don't think anyone would have the balls to do that to Vince. For however much power HHH has, Vince is still CLEARLY #1. I also don't think he'd want to risk the stock price going into free fall.

I strongly suspect the "Vince is ruining WWE and needs to hurry up and die" sentiment isn't really prevalent in WWE and is strictly an internet phenomena.

Atter seeing the fuss Hunter made on social media about NXT main eventing the Philly houseshow with a women's match, it really seems he's going all in on the Good Cop gimmick. He even included Tyler Breeze in a tweet naming guys he felt would be the future of WWE. I mean, I love Tyler as much as the next guy but he seems the exact kind of guy who's going to get ground up and spat out by WWE creative. It's brilliant really, either his guys do end up running WWE and he's hailed as a genius, or they get flattened on the main roster he can still say "Hey, i was rooting for ya but the old man overruled it!".

I think Breeze is one of the best all-around talents in NXT and one of the best suited to the main roster actually.

There's going to be a point in the not too distant future where all the upper level people are Hunter appointees and Vince's yes-men will be old/retired/dead. I could see them bumping Vince to a Queen of England type role to keep the stock market happy while moving actual control of the creative aspect away from his hands.

I also doubt anyone in the company thinks Vince is "ruining" WWE, but I'd wager the idea that a man heading into his 70s is only going to have a harder and harder time relating to his audience has to be growing.

I'm honestly not sure Vince values his family more than his company. Meaning that if his family tried to push him the door of his company I'm not sure he wouldn't rather see it burn, regardless of how that screws the family's future. There's no takeover scenario if he isn't willing to cede power, he can just fire everyone if he really wanted to.

EDIT: If HHH really wanted to start some shit he should show up to a production meeting and show everyone a montage of Lucha Underground backstage footage. I highly doubt Vince has seen 1 second of Lucha Underground and probably has no idea they are being upstaged in production like that.

There's going to be a point in the not too distant future where all the upper level people are Hunter appointees and Vince's yes-men will be old/retired/dead. I could see them bumping Vince to a Queen of England type role to keep the stock market happy while moving actual control of the creative aspect away from his hands.

I also doubt anyone in the company thinks Vince is "ruining" WWE, but I'd wager the idea that a man heading into his 70s is only going to have a harder and harder time relating to his audience has to be growing.

I expect the stock to drop quite a bit if Vince retires. 15%+ if he suddenly dies without a proper succession plan.