Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So basically Will Ospreay is going to suffer zero consequence from blackballing a rape victim from the business, and Dave said he won't  even ask her side of the story because she pointed out how much Dave has ignored/handwaved/"you don't want to know the facts"'d the story. He posted on the WO Board that he believes she thinks he's part of a conspiracy against her despite there being at least one promoter on record backing up her side of the story (that to my knowledge no one has contradicted). 

But hey, Will has depression issues so talking about it is apparently bullying him Just Like Hana *shrugs in fatalistic dispair*

24 minutes ago, sek69 said:

So basically Will Ospreay is going to suffer zero consequence from blackballing a rape victim from the business,

Alleged / Alleged.

Also, Matt Riddle is on TV and apparently everyone is ok with it at this point, for whatever reason (wasn't the latest development not looking very good for the cred of his story ?)

When you consider Ospreay hasn't been on any NJPW card lately anyway, really, not *that* much of a story there thus far.

Ospreay is still in the UK so he couldn't be on a NJPW no matter what right now. He's being advertised for Rev Pro's return show and they are partners with NJPW so I suppose he is by association. 

And I don't know if everyone's "okay" with Riddle being on TV, but for one thing whataboutism sucks and is the main cause of the world's problems and secondly no one honestly expected WWE to do anything about it anyway. 

So, Meltz may be partial on his reporting on Ospreay, who has not been accused of rape nor any sexual abuse BTW. Well ok. Maybe that's the case, maybe not (I'm not gonna pretend to *know* because I don't, just like I don't *know* if Ospreay did anything bad or not). But that has nothing to do with the fact he's gonna suffer repercussions from his employers or not (if he should).

Meanwhile, Meltz reporting on Matt Riddle, who's been accused of rape, has been considered fine, while Riddle is on WWE TV and suffers no repercussion at all (which means WWE doesn't believe the case). 

It's not whataboutism, it's just a comparison of the two situations... 

It's an incontrovertible fact that Pollyanna has accused Meltzer of being part of a conspiracy against her, which calls her credibility into question somewhat.

Setting that aside, the only credible allegation against Ospreay is that he caused her to lose a single booking with a single promotion, and even that story has holes. I can understand Dave not wanting to rush to judgment given that Enzo Amore lost his job with WWE not that long ago on the basis of a rape allegation that turned out to be completely bogus.

Enzo didn't lose his job with WWE for the rape allegation as much as he did because he didn't tell WWE that he was being investigated for that. Enzo would probably still be there if he had done that. Hell, Rich Swann was fired after his domestic dispute incident with Su Yung at the exact same time but at least, he notified WWE about it, which gave him a bit of a chance.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 1:39 AM, SirEdger said:

Enzo didn't lose his job with WWE for the rape allegation as much as he did because he didn't tell WWE that he was being investigated for that. Enzo would probably still be there if he had done that. Hell, Rich Swann was fired after his domestic dispute incident with Su Yung at the exact same time but at least, he notified WWE about it, which gave him a bit of a chance.

Pretty sure Enzo debunked that by saying he found out when WWE did.

Whether Enzo was being truthful is another story.

How Swann still has a job anywhere, and why Su Yung is still with him, is beyond me.

7 hours ago, C.S. said:

Pretty sure Enzo debunked that by saying he found out when WWE did.

Whether Enzo was being truthful is another story.

How Swann still has a job anywhere, and why Su Yung is still with him, is beyond me.

Enzo claimed that, and the police report later backed him up.

8 minutes ago, MoS said:

Meltzer saying again and again that "Doctor Sampson cleared Matt and he is the doctor!!" is annoying as fuck. How many hack doctors has he seen in his 40 years of covering the business?

Yeah but how many of those hack doctors work for a company that is basically his meal ticket.    I will give Alvarez credit for at least realizes this is a bad look but it also seems like Dave was able to beat that thought out of him

Just now, hammerva said:

Yeah but how many of those hack doctors work for a company that is basically his meal ticket.    I will give Alvarez credit for at least realizes this is a bad look but it also seems like Dave was able to beat that thought out of him

Huh?  Dave and Bryan were both of the opinion that the match should've been stopped there and then.  At least on the audio that I listened to earlier.

He insisted on the doctor clearing Matt because that's the only reason why the match kept on going. He said he did not know what happened out there, he said he was uncomfortable watching it and that they should have went the way of being careful and stop the match, he said Matt wasn't the first one responsible because the workers/fighters always want to go on but that's not up to them to know and he said Tony Khan was not gonna go against what his own doctor said, so the responsibility is doctor N°1 and Khan N°2. When Alvarez mentioned that whether it be in WWE, NJPW, AEW or else, if anyone loses consciousness even 5 second you should just stop the match period, he said he agreed 100%.

But people just want to get angry at Meltz. 

It would be nice if we could avoid the age-old confusion between explanation and justification here. If Meltz was saying the match should have been stopped, that is his opinion. Saying that the doctor clearance was the reason the match continued is simply an explanation of why it continued. There's plenty of egregious content to get angry about in the world, there's no need to twist benign statements into some controversy.

In other news, Ryback tweeted that the world would be a better place if Dave was six feet underground, which regardless of your feelings on him is kind of a scary thing to say about a guy who already has a gang of obsessive loons devoted to trying to bring him down.

8 minutes ago, sek69 said:

In other news, Ryback tweeted that the world would be a better place if Dave was six feet underground, which regardless of your feelings on him is kind of a scary thing to say about a guy who already has a gang of obsessive loons devoted to trying to bring him down.

What a piece of shit. I would sue the motherfucker for this. It's calling for murder. Really, who the fuck are these people ? 

EDIT : he did a delete and re-phrase, but, too late, people are already re-posting the initial tweet. 

Well, Ryback always struck me as completely dumb, not to mention absolutely talentless, a poor man's Goldy 15 years after the fact who never did jackshit in the business apart from getting a push by WWE because he was good at shooting steroid syringes up his ass. So there... See, it's easy behind a screen. I doubt Ryback would tell the same thing if he met Meltz face to face (well, most people on Twitter would not say 1% of the shit they say on Twitter IRL in front of real people anyway).

40 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Its even more insane when you think about it. If Ryback's correct and Dave is 100% spreading lies about fake fighting, how the fuck is that any justification for saying he should be dead? 

The same justification as Jim Cornette wishing death and torture on people who don't treat pro-wrestling "properly" would be my guess.

6 hours ago, Strummer said:

Yeah it was strange hearing Miro defend wwe management over Dave when you think about all the bullshit he had to put up with the office over the years. They've been conditioned to hate him I guess

To me it speaks to the cult mentality that goes on there. Someone on the WO board pointed out that you never see anyone from any other company Dave covers lash out at him other than WWE people. The most I've seen is him getting into a few debates with some dim-bulb UFC fighters over COVID denial theories, but you never see anyone from literally any other promotion in the world come at him like WWE zealots do when it comes to his coverage. Funny how dude covers practically every real and fake combat sport company on the planet, but he's only a lying liar to people associated with one particular company.

Some of that obviously is due to the Bischoff/Russo/Cornette fans buying in to gimmicks designed to get podcast numbers, but when you see people who were treated like shit by a company still leaping to blindly defend anyone who points out that things are not all rainbows and unicorns there.