RAW tonight

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#41 KrisZ

KrisZ
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 9926 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:55 PM

It's a complete work according to Meltz.

#42 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

Now Meltz isn't sure and says top executives have been told that Danielson is gone. Really strange.

#43 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, fake fighting.

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:24 PM

Within WWE, the word has been sent out internally that the Bryan Danielson firing is legitimate the same way any other firing would be done. All the higher-ups in the company were informed that he was gone before the item that everyone assumes to be a work was put on the web site. It's difficult to believe given the timing that it could possibly be legitimate. The idea they would work their own employees on a wrestling angle is also hard to fathom given the history of companies that have done that.

Hmm..

#44 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:04 AM

Within WWE, the word has been sent out internally that the Bryan Danielson firing is legitimate the same way any other firing would be done. All the higher-ups in the company were informed that he was gone before the item that everyone assumes to be a work was put on the web site. It's difficult to believe given the timing that it could possibly be legitimate. The idea they would work their own employees on a wrestling angle is also hard to fathom given the history of companies that have done that.

Hmm..

Different board said it evolves not taking care of Justin Roberts while choking him monday

#45 Guest_Cobra Commander_*

Guest_Cobra Commander_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:30 AM

I prefer version 1 of the Meltzer revision, where he outs the two WWE corporate board members who were his sources on "it's real" Whoops!

#46 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:History, politics, fake fighting.

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:44 AM

Isn't Stephanie extremely hostile on that kind of thing? (and remember when Brock said he'd "kill anyone on the Internet"?) And now we know Dave confabs with the WWE COO and VP of Marketing.

#47 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:47 AM

I seriously doubt Dave just accidentally put two sources in his news update. Or that he's tight with the COO, who is someone with no prior wrestling experience. He's probably protecting someone under them. Or he replaced their names with "executives" so people would know who he's talking about.

#48 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:37 AM

From Meltzer at the F4W board: " What I was told if someone very important complained about the angle and it was the idea that kids watching may think it's fun to choke people with their ties. He was a scapegoat. They want him back when it blows over. What I don't know is where the complaint came from, but obviously it was someone very powerful, because even people internally now that it's out can't understand why they didn't wait until Tuesday and have Cena destroy him on Raw on Monday." Think it's supposed to read "was told is someone".... Really depressing to hear something so stupid could screw up something so great. Unbelievable.

#49 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:06 AM

So Bryan Danielson is now Muhammad Hassan? Too bad Taker is injured or he would have chokeslamed Bryan through the stage. And why would he actually come back? I'm sure TNA will offer him big money once the 90 days is up.

#50 rovert

rovert
  • Banned
  • 2903 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:22 AM

Cant help but think: SCHOOL BOY PRANK GONE TOO FAR Who was the agent/creative who suggested/cleared that? Meltzer outed Donna Goldsmith and Michelle Wilson as sources as well.

#51 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4218 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:53 AM

this really sucks hopefully Danielson waits the 90 days and decides to go back (with the angle still hopefully hot) I mean the alternative is going to TNA

#52 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9166 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:56 AM

If it's not a work, well... WWE never fail to deliver on the retardation and the suckiness.

#53 rovert

rovert
  • Banned
  • 2903 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:04 AM

I wonder if Bryan will have to go anger management classes now or something before being re-signed? I hear that the Observer reported that few if any were in on the angle was Justin Roberts included?

#54 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43648 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:59 AM

This has GOT to be a work, right? It's too stupid not to be. That really sounds like a headline from WCW during 1999, to be honest.

#55 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43648 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:01 AM

Then again, it wouldn't be a very good work, because he's getting released from a company he already doesn't work for. WWE is going to find themselves in a tough spot, considering they have this new company mantra to make television more believable and unpredictable, if when they try to up the aggression they get this kind of push back.

#56 rovert

rovert
  • Banned
  • 2903 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:04 AM

I saw Alan4l say that Mattel must have kicked up a stink. Sounds quite plausible that as Vince, Steph et al. praised the angle intially. In today's age it is a bit hard to say something is a work without coming across as a know it all douche. The fact that if is legit WWE will turn it into a work doesnt help matters either. Like Loss I think the execution is too perfunctory to be a work. Either way it makes for some interesting speculation.

#57 S.L.L.

S.L.L.

Grapz Opinionz 4 Y00z From J00z

• DVDVR 80s Project
  • 2217 posts
  • Interests:The Good and The Beautiful

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

This has GOT to be a work, right? It's too stupid not to be.

That really sounds like a headline from WCW during 1999, to be honest.

While it's hard to rule out the possibility of WWE brass being this intensely stupid, my mind keeps coming back to this:

Bryan Danielson, formerly Daniel Bryan and for about two minutes Bryan Danielson in WWE, appears to be Danielson again.

His WWE twitter name was just changed to Bryan Danielson and he mentioned it, saying "the winds of change are stirring."

Which happened before "Daniel Bryan" was publicly announced as being fired, but after he was internally announced as being fired. It's not unthinkable that one hand would've failed to talk to the other in time. Still, WWE.com announced his firing around 10:45 last night. Danielson's twitter update was about two hours before that. Even assuming that changing Danielson's name was a snap decision on WWE Creative's part, that Danielson was immediately informed of this, and that his Twitter page was immediately updated accordingly, that means that Danielson would have been fired at approximately 8:30 on a Friday night at the latest, and neither the public nor anyone in the company other than the top brass was told until 10:45. Were they waiting for Smackdown to end before they broke the bad news to everybody? Also, am I the only person having a hard time envisioning this not only as the kind of story that the WWE higher-ups would have been told and needed to keep secret from everyone else in the company - including WWE Creative and Danielson himself - for at least two hours, but that WWE higher ups would have needed to be informed about at all? Does anyone really see Vince sitting down the company's major management figures and saying "look, I know he was part of this big angle we did on Raw, and I know he's a four-time WON Most Outstanding Wrestler of the Year...but we're gonna have to let him go. Just don't tell anyone for two hours. Smackdown's on, and I don't want people getting bummed out."? Is the firing of Bryan Danielson a decision that WWE management would really concern themselves with, much less to the point that they'd need to keep it a secret? When Vince McMahon asked "Who the fuck hired Raven?", was he asking the COO? Did they have to keep Raven's firing a secret for the next two hours? Yeah, Danielson is a more valuable property fresh off of a hot angle, but you can say that about any of the NXT guys right now. Could anyone envision this happening with Skip Sheffield?

It's not impossible, and like Loss said, it's not a particularly good work if it's a work, but the circumstances behind it seem so unbelievable that something has to be up.

#58 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 9166 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:51 AM

How bad things really are when people have to wonder if a firing is "a work" or not. And if it is, how bad is that when WWE have to go to some "shoot" angle with a "real" firing to get some interest. It's as bad as anything Russo does in a "we are fake but this is real" way.

#59 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7453 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

Meltzer outed Donna Goldsmith and Michelle Wilson as sources as well.

No he didn't. Do you really think he has corporate sources in WWE headquarters, people who are there to run business stuff and have pretty much nothing to do with wrestling? How would he have ever gotten in contact with them, and what would be the point? To get Titan Tower gossip of who doesn't clean up the break room?

#60 rovert

rovert
  • Banned
  • 2903 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

Meltzer outed Donna Goldsmith and Michelle Wilson as sources as well.

No he didn't. Do you really think he has corporate sources in WWE headquarters, people who are there to run business stuff and have pretty much nothing to do with wrestling? How would he have ever gotten in contact with them, and what would be the point? To get Titan Tower gossip of who doesn't clean up the break room?

I get your point but Carl DeMarco was one of Dave's sources wasnt he? If they werent sources or if he didnt have a source never them why did he change his initial report?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users