Pro Wrestling Only

RAW tonight

sek69

You're spot on about Lawler, but I'm not so sure about Flair. Flair strikes me as someone who is really broken down backstage, yet when he goes through the curtain and the adrenaline starts pumping can still will his body through his pat match.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Him not being in great shape tends to be more noticeable on RAW in a 7 on 7 match than it does say, on Memphis Wrestling.

Besides, my point was how come Vince is okay with a 60 year old wrestler appearing on his TV show than a 60 year old announcer (a role where looks are far less important).

Boiling down the argument to "if Lawler, why not Finkel?", yeah, I don't get it either. But I doubt WWE thinks things through that much.

Finkel can be replaced by someone young and attractive who does the job just as well. You can do the same with Lawler, but it will take multiple people if you want to fill each job he does. It's worthwhile to keep around one of your main tv announcers because he brings something major to the show each week. With the ring announcer, hearing Fink brings back memories for people who have watched forever, but most people wouldn't notice him not being there.

Finkel can be replaced by someone young and attractive who does the job just as well. You can do the same with Lawler, but it will take multiple people if you want to fill each job he does. It's worthwhile to keep around one of your main tv announcers because he brings something major to the show each week. With the ring announcer, hearing Fink brings back memories for people who have watched forever, but most people wouldn't notice him not being there.

I don't even remember what he sounds like, but I presume it's better than how Striker announces people, or those two women who try to do the deep-woman voice.

Guest DietSoda

Does anyone think that with Edge and Jericho off the WWE team, that some how Danielson will find his way on the team, or is that completely out of the question? I think it'll happen.

I've thought for a while that if they are going to bring him back, a great way to do it would be like that. No one would remember, but they explained his disappearance by having (I think) Barrett say a throwaway line about Bryan having a conscience over the first beatdown and not wanting to be a part of that. It would be a great callback to that if the only way the WWE team could win is by recruiting someone who used to be part of Nexus. I have a feeling if that was ever pitched to Vince, he'd have one of his weird moments of not wanting WWE guys to look inferior, but if they did it in a ROH friendly city like NYC or Philly the pop would be huge.

• 2 weeks later...

Daniel Bryan's return piqued my interest enough for me to have the missus DVR RAW for me, and watch for the first time since January. I enjoyed the show for the most part. It helped that it was mostly based around the Nexus angle.

My favorite part of the whole show was the past match brawl between Bryan and Miz, with Riley and Tarver getting involved. I could have done without the lame finish of Edge/Slater. The COR worked with Orton's match since it continued his feud with Sheamus, but there's no good reason for the same finish. I don't think that Team WWE or Edge would have been irreparably damaged by him laying down, clean or not.

I'm hoping that the Nexus trips their ranks down a bit within the next couple of weeks. They really only need four members. Barrett can work and talk, Slater has a decent look to him, Gabriel is another who can work, and Sheffield as their backup and muscle. I could see maybe keeping Tarver, since he's another one with a unique look, and it adds to the whole numbers game they like to play.