The Wrestling Observer talked about WCW under going a 'Reboot' on the upcoming Monday Nitro. The Wrestling Observer talked about WCW hiring The Writer. The Wrestling Observer talked about Nitro at 2 Hours, Thunder at 1 Hour and the decision to scrap Spring Stampede, Slamboree and the Great American Bash. The Wrestling Observer talked about Goldberg, Kevin Nash, Sting, Diamond Dallas Page, Sid Vicious, Lex Luger, Buff Bagwell, Ric Flair and, of course, Hulk Hogan deciding to sit on the sidelines for whatever reason. Convenience says The Writer.
Other news is that WCW is retiring all Championships in favor of new Championships and new Championship lineages. The World Heavyweight Championship, the United States Heavyweight Championship, the World Tag Team Championships are expected to return. A brand new Cruiserweight Championship and two Major Tournaments are expected to be added at some point during the year. An interesting note is that the Cruiserweight Division is expected to be renamed.
1. Rey Misterio Jr. [W] and Billy Kidman (5:30) Shannon Moore [L] and Shane Helms
2. Ron Killings (6:00) Chris Harris
3. Brian Adams [W] and Brian Clark (4:00) Meng and The Barbarian [L]
4. Kaz Hayashi (4:30) Juventud Guerrera
5. Evan Karagias (4:30) Chavo Guerrero Jr.
6. Booker T (8:00) Jeff Jarrett
Attendance for Nitro was 4, 000 and TV for Nitro was 3.0