Pro Wrestling Only

Let's talk about Brad Armstrong!!!

Guest Col. Da Bears

Guest Rob Naylor

Just watched Brad and the Bulllet's shoot interview and couldn't believe what good people they are. Always hear good things about the majority of the Armstrong clan, so it was nice to see them come off as so humble and genuine in their shoot.

Brad's a wrestler I've always enjoyed alot. Such a shame that he never really got any break of substance (or was saddled with this like "The Candy-Man"), as he was rarely in a bad match. I understand the "he was bland" argument, but his in ring work was so good that it never really mattered to me (I'm watched a ton of Mike Rotunda matches these days that I can also say the same about).

I was surprised to hear how often Brad went to Japan on his shoot, as when he was going over there in the 90's, I was in my ECW phase and only cared what Dean, Eddy and Chris were doing. I DO recall and absolutely amazing Brad/Norton vs. Hase/Mutoh tag bout that Brad referenced as one of his favorite matches on the shoot. Brad opposite Hase/Mutoh was gold. Also watched the first Benoit match in the longest time just to see how Brad was in the match, as it was Brad/Dean vs. Black Tiger/Benoit and it was also really fucking good.

Anyone know if Brad vs. Malenko or Brad vs. Finlay or even Black Tiger took place on any of his NJ tours? For that matter, were any of the Brad vs. Ric Flair matches in 86/87 taped? I know they did a tv angle on Worldwide where Brad hit the legsweep and took him out, but don't recall any singles from that time, just some kinda blah matches between the two in 1989.

Any favorite Brad Armstrong matches?

I'm partial to:

Badstreet vs. Pillman - which I think was better than any Liger vs. Pillman matches at the same time.

Armstrong vs. Barry Windham at an early Clash of Champions

Armstrong/Norton vs. Hase/Mutoh

Armstrong vs. Benoit at the Clash with the inside to apron lariat off the second.

YES! Now we are talking. Brad is legit my favourite wrestler (and that has earned me some ribbing from those who favour the bigger 'stars').

I first got to see Brad wrestle in 1990 NWA TV over here in the UK. He wrestled a match with Ric Flair and the combination of Flair being Flair and Brad being great made me as a 20 year old 'newbie' believe that Armstrong was going to score the upset.

Ever since then, I've really dug Brad's stuff-just a great, great worker. Really pleased that he is finally starting to get the recognition he deserves.

YES! Now we are talking. Brad is legit my favourite wrestler (and that has earned me some ribbing from those who favour the bigger 'stars').

I first got to see Brad wrestle in 1990 NWA TV over here in the UK. He wrestled a match with Ric Flair and the combination of Flair being Flair and Brad being great made me as a 20 year old 'newbie' believe that Armstrong was going to score the upset.

Ever since then, I've really dug Brad's stuff-just a great, great worker. Really pleased that he is finally starting to get the recognition he deserves.

I remember a Brad Armstrong vs Flair match from around this time period. I think I watched it on the Canadian show Pro Wrestling Plus with Ed Whalen. Armstrong had "Candyman" on his tights. I remember really enjoying the match.

Armstrong had another great match against Benoit in 96.

I will vouch for Armstrong in Japan. Armstrong is a hard working, intense wrestler so that work ethic definitely helped him in Japan.

• 1 month later...