Pro Wrestling Only

Renaming the Bruiser Brody Best Brawler Award

goodhelmet

This is a direct challenge to Dylan MF'N Waco. I think the WON award for Best Brawler is the Bruiser Brody Award. If it isn't, fuck it. I thnk we can safely make a list of 100 better brawlers who are more deserving of the award.

I'll get the list started with some Mid South and Memphis guys...

1. Dick Murdoch2. Ted Dibiase3. Buzz Sawyer4. Hacksaw Duggan5. Butch Reed6. Jerry Lawler7. Bill Dundee8. Dutch Mantel9 & 10. The Moondogs

Edit : Merry Xmas Everyone !!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11. The Fabulous Ones

12. Dennis Condrey

13. Phil Hickerson

14. Koko Ware

15. Randy Savage

16. Jackie Fargo

17. Eddie Gilbert

18. Tommy Rich

19. Norvell Austin

20. Stan Hansen

21. Fit Finlay

22. William Regal

23. Cactus Jack

24. Austin Idol

25. Bam Bam Bigelow

26. Bob Sweetan

27. Terry Funk

28. Dick Slater

29. Kazunari Murakami

30. Perro Aguayo

31. Villano III

32. El Hijo del Santo

33. L.A. ParK

34. Sangre Chicana

35. MS-1

36. El Dandy

37. El Satanico

38. Atsushi Onita

39. Tarzan Goto

40. Masashi Aoyagi

41. Jushin Liger

42. Gedo

43. Jado

44. Arn Anderson

45. Dusty Rhodes

46. Dustin Rhodes

47. Jimmy Golden

48. Jeff Jarrett

49. Billy Travis

I'm tired.

Oh come on this isn't even hard. I'm watching my wife wrap last second gifts while my brother laughs his ass off at National Lampoon and I'm still positive I can rattle off a hundred with little effort

1. Terry Funk

2. Stan Hansen

3. Dick Murdoch

4. Sgt. Slaughter

5. Jerry Blackwell

6. Terry Gordy

7. Kevon Von Erich

8. Buzz Sawyer

9. Tommy Rich

10. Bill Dundee

11. Jerry Lawler

12. Dutch Mantell

13. The Moondogs

14. The Nasty Boys

15. Ted Dibiase

16. Wahoo McDaniel

17. Nick Bockwinkel

18. Jim Duggan

19. Eddie Guerrero

20. William Regal

21. Fit Finlay

22. Necro Butcher

23. Mick Foley

24. Buddy Rose

25. Randy Savage

26. Abdullah The Butcher

27. Chris Benoit

28. Ron Garvin

29. Greg Valentine

30. Roddy Piper

31. Satanico

32. Black Terry

33. LA Park

34. Manny Fernandez

35. Ricky Morton

36. One Man Gang

37. Tully Blanchard

38. Magnum T.A.

39. Barry Windham

40. Ric Flair

41. The Fabulous Ones

42. Mr. Saito

43. Arn Anderson

44. Butch Reed

45. Vader

46. Dirty White Boy

47. Tracy Smothers

48. Jimmy Golden

49. Dustin Rhodes

50. Dusty Rhodes

51. Dennis Condrey

52. Eric Embry

53. Bully Ray

54. Spike Dudley

55. Tajiri

56. Steve Corino

57. The Sandman

58. Steve Austin

59. Brian Pillman

60. Eddie Gilbert

61. Paul Orndorff

62. Big Bossman

63. Phil Hickerson

64. El Dandy

65. Sangre Chicana

66. Negro Casas

67. Villano IV

68. Emilo Charles Jr

69. Samoa Joe

70. MS-1

71. Hulk Hogan

72. Dr. Cerebro

73. CM Punk

74. Adrian Adonis

75. Tito Santana

76. Homicide

77. Bull Pain

78. Luke Gallows

79. The Undertaker

80. Harley Race

81. Bobby Jaggers

82. Bobby Eaton

83. Wing Kanemura

84. Tommy Rogers

85. Damien Wayne

86. Sami Callihan

87. Michael Hayes

88. The Heavenly Bodies

89. Fidel Sierra

90. Savio Vega/TNT

91. Eddie Kingston

92. Genchiro Tenryu

93. Kerry Von Erich

94. Chico Che

95. The Iron Sheik

96. Chicky Starr

97. Carlos Colon

98. Ken Patera

99. Killer Khan

100. Bob Orton

That's pretty off the cuff and with little thought but I'm absolutely sure all of them are considerably better brawlers than Brody.

Some of those could be questioned. Like, Duggan's Mid-South highs were certainly better than Brody's best available work, but most of his WWF and WCW work was downright awful and at least as bad (if not worse) as anything Brody ever did.

Well technically ALL of them could be questioned, but there is no one on that list I could see anyone convincing me was a worse brawler than Brody.

Duggan absolutely decimates Brody. Mid-South run is great and even if you want to argue that his WWF run should drag him down, comparing worst to worst I don't see anyway Brody could possibly win.

Some of those could be questioned. Like, Duggan's Mid-South highs were certainly better than Brody's best available work, but most of his WWF and WCW work was downright awful and at least as bad (if not worse) as anything Brody ever did.

Well technically ALL of them could be questioned, but there is no one on that list I could see anyone convincing me was a worse brawler than Brody.

Duggan absolutely decimates Brody. Mid-South run is great and even if you want to argue that his WWF run should drag him down, comparing worst to worst I don't see anyway Brody could possibly win.

Yeah, Duggan vs. Buzz on the Mid South set blows away any Brody brawl I've seen. That was one of the most exciting things I've ever watched in wrestling.

I found Duggan very entertaining in Mid South but his offense looks weak and clumsy compared to Brody

I need some specefic matches from the Mid South set where Hacksaw's offense looked weak and clumsy.

You'll get them, he had goofy offense. Even his football tackle finish looked weak compared to a Steve Williams

Same goes for Steve Austin, weak clumsy looking brawling

Austin's little rapid fire punches from a mount really did look bad more often than not.

They did not look as bad as the average Brody shot, let alone the average Brody "bump." Don't even get me started on when Brody had to eat offense from someone and he would do anything possible evade something bordering on contact.

Austin's little rapid fire punches from a mount really did look bad more often than not.

They did not look as bad as the average Brody shot, let alone the average Brody "bump." Don't even get me started on when Brody had to eat offense from someone and he would do anything possible evade something bordering on contact.

Please don't insult the skill of bumping by referring to whatever the hell it was that Brody did as bumping.

Thank you.

For what it's worth, guys in shoot interveiws say that Brody dished it out pretty hard and was able to take it in return

Hell, forget his WWF run and look at the cringe-inducing bullshit he did in WCW. Duggan could go worst-for-worst with Brody in terms of not selling or bumping or making other guys generally look like shit. Remember the infamous Berlyn match, where at times an exasperated Wright actually resorts to shooting on Duggan in an attempt to get his shit in. Or the bizarrely uncooperative PPV match he had with Craig Pittman in 1995, which made Duggan look like the world's shittiest MMA fighter. His bad matches in that time period were worse than even the worst bullshit I've ever seen Brody do.

Different topic: we've occasionally had the "wrestlers have different standards than fans" discussion on here recently. My question is, should wrestlers' opinions of other wrestlers hold some weight, and how much? Because a whole bunch of those guys listed have gone on the record as honestly believing that Brody was one of the greatest they've ever seen. This includes guys who wrestled Brody many times, too. What would you say those guys are seeing in Frank Goodish's performances that we're not?

My question is, should wrestlers' opinions of other wrestlers hold some weight, and how much?

No and none at all.

Sorry but I'll take a Wrestler's opinion over a fans a lot of the time. They worked in the industry and breathed it. Their opinion carries more weight than a bunch of guys overanalyzing and overthinking the room on message boards. In football we call that Monday morning Qaurterbacking. There is a reason Color announcers are mostly former athletes rather than Joe Blow from the Internet Message Boards. This Brody bashing seems way too over the top to be taken seriously. I can see people saying he's overrated and I can deal with pointing out the flaws but I mean by hearing some on this board, Brody was a good for nothing Jabroni that wasn't worth crap. It seems as tho some of the hard core fans try to be contrarian for contrarian's sake and then go and rewrite history.