Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-05-25-RINGS] Yoshihisa Yamamoto vs Buzariashville Ramazi

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

The entrance area looks very Chi-Town Rumble '89. Just thought I'd get that out. Now this I got. Great, advanced mat wrestling that emphasizes the struggle to lock holds in when the other guy is so skilled. Awesome exchanges and some brilliant almost pro-style takedowns by Ramazi. I wouldn't say there was showmanship but the action was good enough that it elevated the match where both guys got over to me as stars, and I felt like I was seeing something special. That's never having seen or heard of Ramazi and having very little exposure to Yamamoto. The best RINGS match I've seen by far, and now I don't feel like I need more exposure to the style to understand it. I just needed to see the right match.

• 4 years later...

Better than the first match, though this is sort of an extended squash by Yamamoto. Ramazi definitely brings more than Nyman did, at least. We get *another* dust-up involving outside help, this time during the match. Now I want to see the RINGS regulars against the outside Russians in an elimination/WarGames match.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Now this I thought was a good shoot style match. Ramazi is the stronger man and hits a number of really cool throws and suplexes while Yammamoto wants to keep it on the ground and go for submissions. A brawl almost breaks out on the floor here too. Ending spot with the sleeper was cool.

• GSR changed the title to [1996-05-25-RINGS] Yoshihisa Yamamoto vs Buzariashville Ramazi
  • 10 months later...

An okay but sloppy power vs. technique dynamic, with Ramazi slamming and the fans eating it up, while Yamamoto is trying to get the job done on the mat. Shits breaks down when Ramazi tries to throw Yamamoto over the ropes but the finishing sleeper hold segment was the best part of the match.