Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-11-25-WWF-Raw] Interview: Shawn Michaels & Jose Lothario

Loss

• 2 months later...

This was meant to give Shawn an "edge" after the reaction he got at Survivor Series. Essentially trying to do the tweener thing Diesel had a year prior. But other than his ultra-snarky commentary appearance at the next IYH PPV it all got thrown out the window by the Royal Rumble when he was back to being smiley happy Shawn, before ironically losing his smile a month later.

• 4 years later...

Essentially trying to do the tweener thing Diesel had a year prior.

That's what is striking here. After losing the belt, the smiling babyface kinda gets passive agressive and talks about having lost his edge in the process and whatnot. Shawn sure wasn't likeable at all here, you could almost swear he would turn back heel actually if not for Jose talking about his heart condition earlier on.

• 1 year later...

Shawn is annoying here. He's yelling. The talking out of the side of his mouth. He's whining. Poor Jose. He thinks he cost Shawn the title. If Shawn had been more calm, I think this might have been a solid promo. A little bit of whining is justified. He's just loud & way too obnoxious here.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a good look for Shawn. I liked King jumping in here with the questions. With the way Shawn is dressed and his demeanor they are going for the "I don't care if you like me or hate me" vibe but it feels wrong on Shawn and the end result is a resounding no in the like him department around this time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1996-11-25-WWF-Raw] Interview: Shawn Michaels & Jose Lothario