Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania XXVII

Loss

Did I read correctly that Undertaker vs HHH, streak vs career, is currently planned for Mania, with Shawn Michaels as guest referee? That's a pretty big deal to be mentioned in passing by Dave on Observer radio, although it may be a new development.

Does this mean HHH wants to stop wrestling? I didn't figure he'd go much longer since he's being transitioned into a different role, but that's still a little surprising in some ways.

Also, what's the latest on Sting? And I guess Rock is rumored to be the guest host?

This can be the catch-all thread for WM rumors, discussion of the build and talk of the show itself.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave mentioned, almost in passing, in this week's Observer that the direction had changed from Undertaker/Wade Barrett:

Undertaker vs. Barrett has been dropped as the main event and they have a new direction for Undertaker which will be the main event on the show. It’s possible the new direction could change, but it’s doubtful, because it involves Michaels (obviously not wrestling) in some form and is being counted on to be the big thing on the show. It’s got nothing to do with Brock Lesnar.

Weird that he'd be so cryptic about the new main event here, but he goes and talks about it like it's an open secret on Observer radio.

God I hope it isn't HHH v. Taker.

Small price to pay if it's the end of his wrestling career.

If it's true, I think it's interesting that both Shawn and HHH would both stop wrestling without putting over someone on the way up.

Then again, Steve Austin did the same thing by losing to Rock instead of someone on the way up, so I guess there's no difference between the two.

God I hope it isn't HHH v. Taker.

Small price to pay if it's the end of his wrestling career.

If it's true, I think it's interesting that both Shawn and HHH would both stop wrestling without putting over someone on the way up.

Then again, Steve Austin did the same thing by losing to Rock instead of someone on the way up, so I guess there's no difference between the two.

Michaels didn't make anyone on the way out but did lose blow-offs with Cena, Batista, Jericho, and put Hardy over clean in their singles match during his push. Can't slight him for that.

I will probably watch WM this year in an effort to see what's the WWE product is like these days.

HHH vs Taker streak vs career would have been a terrible match, as they already stunk up the joint in 2001 so it couldn't have been better 10 years later, but at least it would have been interesting to see the result.

They pretty much had to change around plans because there was no match on the original lineup that would have been any kind of draw. The young guys they've been pushing the last year or so aren't ready to headline the show of the year. Well Del Rio is going to be in a title match but that won't be promoted on the same level as Hunter/Undertaker

and well I guess I just don't associate Miz as a "young guy" any longer

Michaels didn't make anyone on the way out but did lose blow-offs with Cena

Using the Online world of wrestling, which would be the blow-off?:

• March 26, 2007 - RAW: The Undertaker & Batista defeated Shawn Michaels & John Cena in a wild and crazy tag team match..

• ~~~~~~The Undertaker walked out on Batista and Shawn Michaels surprised John Cena with a superkick out of nowhere!

April 1, 2007 Wrestlemania: John Cena defeated Shawn Michaels by Submission to retain the WWE Championship..

• April 2, 2007--RAW: Shawn Michaels & John Cena won a 10-Team Battle Royal to retain their World Tag Team titles!

• ~~~Shawn Michaels & John Cena lost their tag team titles in a 2nd 10-Team Battle Royal when Michaels turned on Cena..

• April 16, 2007 - RAW (Italy): WWE Champion John Cena defeated Edge & Randy Orton in a Handicap match..

• ~~~Shawn Michaels ran down and tried to super-kick John Cena but accidentally knocked out Edge with the super-kick!

• April 23, 2007 - RAW (England): Shawn Michaels defeated WWE Champion John Cena in a Non-title match in nearly 60-minutes!

• April 29, 2007 - Backlash: John Cena defeated Randy Orton and Edge and Shawn Michaels to retain the WWE Championship..

• ~~~Thrilling "MOTY" contender -- Edge speared Orton, Cena FU'd Edge, HBK kicked Cena (Cena falls on Orton for 1-2-3)...

They still do MITB ? Seriously ? *yawn already*

People have turned on MITB already? Seriously? It's usually one of the best matches on the card, the only downside has been how they've kind of booked themselves into a corner with the winner getting the title every time, so it's going to end up like the Rumble where only certain guys logically can win it.

I think it's interesting that both Shawn and HHH would both stop wrestling without putting over someone on the way up.

Triple H did put Sheamus over pretty big...

I'd like to see The Undertaker lose the streak to a heel John Cena. That would be fresh and new. A lot of the matches that WWE seem to be gearing toward, I have no interest in. I do not want to see The Miz in a main event. I do like Del Rio & Punk but I don't think either are big enough to main event Wrestlemania yet. I'm bored with Edge. A heel Cena (yes, I know the internet has been clamoring for it forever) would at least give the WWE a direction for all of next year but it probably would not be the best move business wise.

Would love to see The Rock announced as the Wrestlemania guest host tomorrow night on RAW but getting my hopes up for that, it'll just turn out to be Justin Beiber or some shit instead. What I really want is for the RAW Anonymous GM shit to end. I hate Michael Cole with a burning passion and the whole laptop shit is terrible television. I thought I remembered reading that the new GM was going to be Triple H and I would be OK with that. He doesn't need to wrestle again. Just let him come back as a familiar face that Sheamus ending the wrestling career of, in a position of power.

Was Diesel just a one night thing? They sort of teased something with The Big Show when Nash was leaving the Royal Rumble.

I could not care less about The Corre, which is a shame because I think individually they could have bright futures. All of them slapped together, on Smackdown, after C.M. Punk basically punked out Barrett though? It just makes them look like jobbers. Then again, so does the name "The Corre" to me.

When are they going to announce some more names for the Hall of Fame? The Shawn Michaels announcement felt like a kick in the nuts to me as he was just wrestling a few months ago. He's not even been off TV for a whole year, how can I get excited about him being inducted? I want an old school familiar name that we have not seen on TV in a long time, like Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior or even Lex Luger since it is in Atlanta.

Edge/Del Rio, Orton/Punk, Cena/Miz, Taker/HHH? Just ewww.

People have turned on MITB already? Seriously? It's usually one of the best matches on the card, the only downside has been how they've kind of booked themselves into a corner with the winner getting the title every time, so it's going to end up like the Rumble where only certain guys logically can win it.

Also, having a Money in the Bank PPV hurt it a lot, I think. Kinda killed the mystique. Just like they did with Hell in a Cell. WWE can not protect anything anymore. Even the Elimination Chamber.

I remember watching a WM some years ago, maybe the the one Flair retired, and though this match was just a stunt show with guys thrown together for the sake of it. Really, this kind of stuff for fun in ECW in 96 when it was really chaotic and messy and dangerous, and not carefully preplanned and looking like it. As a yearly gimmick in a WM card, yeah, yawner from me. I had no idea they would still do this to this day.

Also, having a Money in the Bank PPV hurt it a lot, I think. Kinda killed the mystique. Just like they did with Hell in a Cell. WWE can not protect anything anymore. Even the Elimination Chamber.

They do a Money in the Bank PPV, a Hell in a Cell PPV and an Elimination Chamber PPV ? Is this TNA ?

Anyway, I'll try not to think to hard about it, since I really want to watch the card with a fresh mind.

Guest kowking

I'm hoping Danielson gets a decent-length match at this year's Wrestlemania. Hopefully not in MITB.

If he even makes the card it will almost definitely be in MITB

No doubt he'll make the card. He was second in the Rumble.

But yeah, if they're doing MITB again -- which they shouldn't, if they're going to keep the PPV -- he'll probably be in that.

They do a Money in the Bank PPV, a Hell in a Cell PPV and an Elimination Chamber PPV?

Yes and a Tables, Ladders & Chairs Pay-Per-View. I'm not really sure what they were trying to accomplish. They got rid of King of the Ring, they got rid of Survivor Series (or wanted to) but they keep making gimmick shows, so I'm not sure what the point is.

I wished it would've gone away two years ago. You either end up repeating the same match over and over or you do increasingly dangerous spots that endanger the health of your workers. Even good spotfests get old after awhile.