Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-11-26-W*ING] Eddie and Doug Gilbert

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There are some surreal moments on this set, but Freddy Krueger and Leatherface removing their masks and shooting (?) on promoters is right up there. If I have no idea what's going on I'm just trying to wonder what the fans in attendance must have made of all this.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Gilberts end a tag match against each other in 13 seconds, then Doug gets on the mic and pledges his allegiance to Giant Baba and All-Japan. Yeah, that really paid off. No reaction at all from the crowd for any of this. 1993 has been a disaster for Eddie, starting with his shoot promo on USWA TV.

• 2 years later...

I have no idea what I just saw. I didn't even know that the Gilberts had ever wrestled for Baba at all, let alone often enough to have any kind of loyalty to him. Also, why was Doug doing the talking intead of Eddie, and why were they speaking in English instead of Japanese? It's almost like they were talking to American promoters, but who had they worked for recently in the States except for Papa/Lawler and Paul Heyman? Or maybe they were just plain drunk. Any way you slice it, this little stunt did them no favors whatsoever.

Did anyone notice that the promotion actually showed Eddie and Doug extending their middle fingers to the camera at the end of the segment? For anyone who might know, does the extended middle finger mean the same thing in Japan as it does here in the States? I have a hard time believing that they'd knowingly show two wrestlers telling the promotion to go fuck itself.

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1993-11-26-W*ING] Eddie and Doug Gilbert